Life As One Direction's Bodyg...

By RelentlessChaos

When Darcy Cambridge stirs up trouble with some of her father’s enemies, he decides to punish her by forcing... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Author's Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Life as One Direction's Bodyguard

46.9K 392 99
By RelentlessChaos

This is a new story that I'm starting.

Please tell me if you like it. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How far would you go to protect someone you love?

I ran clad in a black jumpsuit to avoid being seen in the dark. I was going to bust a violent gang that had been accused of murdering random citizens, but things went all wrong.

The gun that was strapped to my leg was bumping me every time my legs moved to run. I got closer to the warehouse and took some rope out of my backpack. I ducked down and walked slowly around to the side to see if I could scale the wall. I couldn’t be stupid and walk through the front entrance, because I would be shot and killed easily. I couldn’t underestimate the gang that was inside the warehouse, because I had no idea what damage they could do.

All I knew about them was that they were called “Elevated” which defined their inflated egos. I also knew that they were violent and sold outlawed drugs.

I saw a ledge sticking out of the top of the wall of the warehouse so I stepped back and knotted the rope I had. I threw the rope as far as I could upward and it went around the ledge. I almost gave a celebratory shout, but then I remembered that I couldn’t make any noise, so I shut my mouth.

Holding the other end of the knotted rope, I began to scale the wall at a fast pace. I could see the rope breaking near the top, so I quickened my pace.

Once I made it to the roof, I saw a stairwell that led downstairs. I decided to take that way, but I was shoved against a wall.

I looked into the eyes of John Jackson, one of my father’s enemies. His eyes narrowed at me and his lips rose up into a terrifying smile.

“Hello Darcy. What would your father think if he knew you were hanging around a gang territory?”

“Why are you here?” I asked him.

“I could ask you the same,” He replied.

“Are you a part of Elevated?” I questioned. We were now walking in circles around one another, as if we both expected the other to lunge for one another’s throat.

“No,” He responded gruffly.

“I don’t believe you,” I scoffed.

“I came here to make a deal with them and it does not include you. You should run along now, child,” He spoke down to me.

I hated it when people referred to me as a child. I was eighteen years of age and I was treated like a toddler. I knew what I was up against. I’m strong. I’ve been mastering in self defense classes for ten years. My parents didn’t raise a fool. Both my brother and I grew up to be very independent.

“Don’t speak as if I’m stupid, Mr. Jackson,” I said.

“I know for a fact that you should not cause any trouble for me, Miss Cambridge. I wonder what would happen to your father’s reputation if people found out that his daughter was found in a gang base.” John spat.

I knew he would try to use my father’s reputation against me. You see, my father is a high-powered, influential businessman. He is known well and admired by the public and I knew I couldn’t screw that up. But I knew that I couldn’t let the SKC get away with killing innocents. I knew my father would be mad, so I pushed past John and ran down the stairs.

I called my brother on my personalized cell phone.

“Yes, Darcy?” He asked.

“Drew, you need to come inside the warehouse now. I’m going to need backup,” I said.

“I’ll be there in a few seconds,” He hung up.

I smiled as I heard a door being kicked open and I heard a bunch of yelling. I knew my brother had arrived.

I ran to the front entrance where Drew entered and stood next to him. Gang members were running at us with knives and others were hiding their illegal drugs.

I rolled up my pants leg to get my gun, and then fixed them back.

A large, burly man grabbed my elbow and I quickly reversed the situation. My left arm grabbed his right which currently held my other arm. I twisted his arm around and quickly flipped him over. His arm popped out of the socket and he groaned in pain.

My brother Drew was fighting off three guys at once. I ran over there as I saw one of them knee Drew in the back of the legs, sending him to the ground. I whirled one of the guys around by his shirt and put my arm around the back of his neck, making his face go in contact with my knee. The man put his hands over his bloody, broken nose.

I didn’t have the time to react before my oxygen supply was cut off. My neck was being held in between two large arms. I analyzed them and saw that there was a tattoo on the right arm. It was an image of a skull with blood coming from the mouth and chains wrapped around it. My nails scratched down his arm and over the tattoo.

All of a sudden, the man that was choking me fell to the ground. I put my hands on my neck and breathed.

I looked over at my brother who had a gun in his hand.

“I didn’t hear a gunshot…” I said.

“I hit him in the head with the gun. I didn’t shoot him because that would draw too much attention,” Drew explained.

I nodded and it got very quiet. I realized that the members of Elevated must have ran and gotten away. A few members were on the floor, unconscious. I didn’t see John Jackson, so my brother and I ran out of the warehouse and hopped in his sleek silver Aston Martin. Drew floored the gas and we got home very quickly.

“Quick, go up to bed and act like nothing happened,” Drew whispered. I nodded and walked up to my room quickly. I jumped in my bed without even changing into my pajamas and I fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning to the bright, smiling face of my father. JUST KIDDING! His face was even sterner than it normally was.

“DARCY LEIGHELLA CAMBRIDGE!” His voice boomed.

“You’re way in over your head this time, Darcy. How could you be so stupid?! You could ruin my reputation and you don’t even care! What went through your head last night?! You’ve just started even more trouble between John Jackson and me!” He screamed.

I was almost on the verge of tears. My dad had never gotten this mad at me before.

I suppose Drew heard my dad screaming because he barged into my room and stood next to me.

“Dad, what was I supposed to do?! Was I supposed to let that gang keep up the illegal activity?” I asked.

“You’re not a cop, Darcy. It’s not your job. I’ll speak to you about this later.” My dad said. He just left my room and slammed my door.

“I’m sorry Darcy. You don’t deserve to be yelled at,” Drew comforted me.

“Was I wrong to scare the gang away? What if they try to hurt Dad because of me?” I asked.

“Don’t think like that. I think that you did the right thing. Maybe if Dad didn’t have such a huge ego, he’d think you did the right thing too,” Drew said.

A few hours later, my father called me into his office. When I walked in, I definitely didn’t expect the news he was about to tell me. He just smiled and handed me a plane ticket.

“What’s this for?” I asked.

“That is for you. You’re going to London,” My Dad said.

“Why?” I asked.

“I’ve thought long and hard about this, and I’m making you get a job. I’ve already spoken with the manager and we’ve decided that you are qualified for this job,” He said.

I was very confused and suspicious. What job was he talking about? Why did I have to leave America and go to London?

“What job are you talking about?” I asked.

“Well, darling, you’re being sent to London to be a bodyguard,” He told me. “You’ll be a bodyguard for the boy band One Direction.”

I’d heard of them before, but they seemed very immature.

“You’re sending me to London to babysit teenage boys?” I was annoyed.

“Yes, that is your punishment. You qualify for the job because of your impressive self defense tactics,” My father told me.

“Do I get to object?!” I asked.

“No. You almost cost me my reputation, therefore you are being punished. Your flight is tomorrow morning. The plane leaves at 12 PM, so I would hurry and pack if I were you,” He smirked.

I couldn’t even believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. Did he really expect me to go and be a bodyguard? I would have to let millions of screeching little girls scratch all over me? My father was cruel.

I didn’t reply as I walked back up to my room. I slammed my door and got out my suitcase. I got all of my clothes out of my closet and threw them in the floor, along with my clothes that were in my drawers. I ran my hands through my dirty blonde hair and sighed.

I heard the sound of glass breaking downstairs.

“ANDREW!” I heard my mother yell.

“You’re sending my sister to London?! Who is she going to stay with?!” Drew yelled.

“She’ll stay with someone that will be waiting for her at the airport,” My dad said.

I rolled my eyes and stopped listening to their conversation and sorted out all of my clothes. After a few hours, all of my clothes were packed in three suitcases. My toiletries were in the smallest suitcase that contained my underwear and bras. I finally fell asleep at around 4 AM.

When I woke up, it was five past ten, and I was shuffling to get out of the house. I quickly put on some jeans and a Taylor Swift t-shirt with my white TOMS. Drew helped me with my bags and drove me to the airport. When we arrived, the plane was boarding and he put my entire luggage where it was supposed to go.

“Bye Darcy. I’ll come visit you soon, sis. I promise,” Drew said, kissing my forehead and hugging me tight.

“Bye Drew. Please tell Raleigh what happened so she doesn’t freak out, okay?” I asked him. Raleigh Jacobs was my best friend. Now, I was leaving her to fend for herself in the state of Tennessee. I would miss how she always teased me about my southern accent, because she was originally from New York. A tear escaped my eye as I realized that I wouldn’t see her for a very long time.

“I will. You know she’s going to be ticked, right?” He asked.

“Yeah, but I need to go now. Bye!” I said as I ran to get on my plane.

I was stuck sitting beside a grumpy old man on the plane. I groaned. He complained the whole time. I got tired of his complaining, so I pulled out my iPod and listened to “Kiss Me Slowly” by Parachute. I would never get tired of this song.

I was slowly lulled to sleep by music, and soon I was being shaken.

“What?” I grumbled.

“Ma’am, the plane has landed in London!” The flight attendant said in her posh British accent.

“Oh, thanks,” I said. She just smiled and walked away.

Once I got off of the plane, I walked over to the luggage compartment and spotted my three suitcases. I got each one individually and then placed them beside me. How was I going to carry all of these at once?

I looked around and was approached by three guys wearing all black.

“Are you Darcy Cambridge?” One of them asked.

“Yes,” I responded.

“It’s nice to meet you, love. We are One Direction’s bodyguards. Welcome to the team!”  He said, his British accent becoming evident.

“It’s nice to meet y’all,” I said.

The three men started laughing, and I figured it was because of my accent.

“You better not talk like that around the lads or they’ll make fun of ya for sure!” Another one said.

“I can’t help it,” I whined. They laughed again.

“I’m Tom, this is George, and this is Will,” The one with brown hair said.

George was tall and large, not as in fat, but he was just plain huge. He had red hair. Will was a little shorter than George but was the same build as him. Will had blonde hair.

They helped me put my luggage into a limo and then we were driven to a studio where the boys were recording. We walked in and sat in chairs as we waited for the boys to get done recording.

I decided to listen to my iPod to pass time, so I got it out of my purse. I browsed through my songs and laughed to myself. I had the most diverse range of music on here. I loved all types. I had music from Bon Jovi to Taylor Swift and more.

I decided to listen to “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi. I tapped my foot to the beat. I mouthed the lyrics.

Once that song was over, I began to listen to a bunch of other songs. I began to get restless.

“How long are they gonna take?!” I asked Will.

He shrugged. My stomach growled and I groaned.

“Hungry?” Will asked. I nodded and he gave me a chocolate bar from his pocket. My eyes lit up and I took it from him gladly.

Once I opened it, I was disappointed.

“Will, this is melted and squished,” I told him.

“That’s because I sat on it,” He said.

“Ew, that’s gross Will!” I laughed. I threw it away and then decided to text Raleigh.

To: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“Hey Ray. I miss you.”

From: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“I MISS U SO MUCH. COME BACK TO ME! Oh, and I’m mad at u b/c u didn’t tell me u were going to London. U made Drew tell me. U SUCK”

I laughed, and then replied.

To: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“I’m sorry ): It was last minute. This was Dad’s punishment for me.”

From: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“Being around One Direction isn’t exactly a punishment, Darcy”

To: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“I totally forgot that you loved them. I’ll txt you later, K?”

From: Raleigh Jacobs(BFF)

“U better not forget. Bye babe, luv u”

I stopped texting her and looked up once I heard a door open. Out walked five gorgeous boys who were laughing and talking amongst themselves. They all stopped and were silent when they saw me.

“Hello, love. Are you a fan?” The one with curly hair whom I recognized to be Harry asked.

“Nope, I’m your new bodyguard,” I said.

Continue Reading