Fire and Flame [Iroh II x OC]

By maheenasai

A story of a young Iroh who works hard to become the General of the United Forces. Being busy with his career... More

Chapter 1: The Re-meeting
Chapter 2: Not too posh to push
Chapter 3: The Order of the White Lotus meets the United Forces
Chapter 4: Forever alone
Chapter 5: Weird feelings
Chapter 6: Danger ahead!
Chapter 7: The Dead Man's Cave
Chapter 8: What mistake?
Chapter 9: Traitor
Chapter 10: Trapped
Chapter 11: Truth revealed
Chapter 12: Freedom vs Racism
Chapter 13: Farewell
Chapter 14: Return
Chapter 15: Old friends
Chapter 16: Final choice
Chapter 17: Confusing situations
Chapter 18: Homesickness
Chapter 19: Mysterious voices
Chapter 20: Yue Festival
Chapter 21: Voices of the Ocean
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23: Dragon's Flame
Chapter 24: Moonlight
Chapter 25: Love the way you lie
Chapter 26: Loving you
Chapter 27: Two sides of a coin
Chapter 28: Complications
Chapter 29: Wanted
Chapter 30: Can't keep my hands from you
Chapter 31: Nighmares
Chapter 32: The Dragon's cave
Chapter 33: Hold my hand
Chapter 34: In sickness and health
Chapter 35: Heart wants what it wants
Chapter 36: Failure
Chapter 37: Back to life
Chapter 38: Differences
Chapter 39: Kill'em with kindness
Chapter 40: Forgiveness
Chapter 41: Let it burn
Chapter 42: Mother's love
Chapter 43: Life or death
Chapter 44: Twofaced
Chapter 45: The dragon's kiss
Chapter 46: Earth Queen and Councillors
Chapter 47: Colours of life
Chapter 48: In this together
Chapter 49: Speeding cars
Chapter 50: Diamonds
Chapter 51: Dragon's decision
Chapter 52: Reconciliation
Chapter 53: A son's first hero
Chapter 54: Fear
Chapter 55: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 56: Underground Village
Chapter 57: A ray of sunshine
Chapter 58: Justice League
Chapter 59: Chances
Chapter 60: A new member
Chapter 61: A family dinner
Chapter 62: The fallen hero
Chapter 63: The traitor among us
Chapter 64: Memories
Chapter 65: Dragon's failure
Chapter 66: Dragon's mercy
Chapter 67: A perfect day
Chapter 68: Signs
Chapter 69: The old wise man
Chapter 70: Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 72: Fate
Chapter 73: The Unagi
Chapter 74: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 75: Forgotten past
Chapter 76: Differences
Chapter 77: Sacrifices
Chapter 78: Awareness
Chapter 79: Built for the abuse
Chapter 80: Black and Blue
Chapter 81: Whem dreams come true
Chapter 82: Dear Zindagi
Chapter 83: Unexpected guests
Chapter 84: Confessions
Chapter 85: The second chance
Chapter 86: The trial
Chapter 87: Faded
Chapter 88: Changes
Chapter 89: A perfect lie
Chapter 90: Rogue

Chapter 71: Light in the dark

940 21 4
By maheenasai

Saira's P.O.V

I closed the heavy door behind me and immediately heard someone yell. As I looked up, the little Prince Charming was running downstairs, towards me:"Mommy! You are back! Where is daddy?"

"Daddy is helping the United Republic, my little dragon.", I kissed Zuko.

"Why can't it solve its problems alone?"

"Because sometimes people need help, Zuko. If Mia needed your help, would you help her?"

"Yes mommy! It's my duty!"

"That's my boy. I'm so proud of you.", I said kissing his cheek. Every day he took more after his father, which I was glad about, although I always complained that none of my children took after me. Which was not true. They took after both of us. And in Zuko's case, it were my bad habits and Iroh's good ones.

"Mommy, I have made a present for you.", he smiled brightly.

"Oh really? What is it?"

"Close you eyes.", he requested.

"Okay.", I did as he said.

"Now give me your hand."

"Yes, Sir.", I said and gave him my hand. He then took it and put something in my palm.

"Open your eyes mommy."

I opened my eyes and looked at my palm. A beautiful blue bracelet was laying in my hand. I smiled because it was beautiful and made with love. Zuko was exactly like Iroh. My husband loved getting presents and giving them to me or his other loved ones. I looked at it carefully and then at my now five year old son. His little face was shining and he couldn't wait how I would react.

I hugged my little Prince Charming:"Zuko! Have you made this beautiful bracelet all by yourself?"

"Yes mommy, I did! Do you like it?"

"Like it? No! I love it! This is the best present, I ever got! Would help me putting it on?"

"Really? Do you like it more than the blue ring, daddy gave you?", he asked while putting the bracelet on my wrist.

I chuckled and couldn't believe what I just heard:" Of course, little Prince Charming. Where is grandma?"

"She plays tea party with Ilah, uncle Lu Ten, aunt Medora and aunt Maira."

"Oh really? Why are you here then?"

Zuko leaned forward and whispered in my ear:"Because I don't like the tea, aunt Maira made. But don't tell her."

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise.", I held out my auricular finger and promised him that I wouldn't say anything. He then took my hand with his little one and pulled me to their tea party. As I entered the room everyone looked up. I grinned because the scene was hilarious. Four tall adults were sitting on a tiny pink table with teddy bears next to them and drank tea with a little girl. As Ilah saw me, she stood up and ran towards me. I got on my knees and hugged my soon three years old daughter.

"Mommy, did Zuko give you your present?"

"Yes, lily. He did. I see you have a lot of fun here."

"Yes, I have mommy. Did you like your present?", she asked innocently.

"I loved it, lily. Thank you."

"Do you want to drink tea mommy?"

"Of course."

I got seated between Zuko and Ilah and sighed. This was going to be a long day. I never really liked tea. But since Zuko and Ilah had invited me, I tried to enjoy it, although Zuko was right with the tea. It tasted horrible. Fortunately Lu Ten wasn't a tea drinker.

"Is there a reason why you want to quit university, Lu Ten?", I asked while sipping on my tea.

"I'm fed up of it. Why do I have to attend it? I'm a prince anyway."

"I don't care who or what you are. You need eduction."

"What about Iroh? He wasn't in university either."

"Your older brother hasn't attended university because he is at the United Forces and you know that. He is helping and serving the United Republic and the Fire Nation whenever he can. And by the way, I never told you to become a doctor. I just told you to attend university. You have chosen this path on your own."

"But-"

"No."

"I have a right to-"

"Could you please keep quiet for a moment?", I said massaging my temples.

"Are you okay Saira?", Medora asked.

No. I wasn't. I had a headache all of a sudden and I didn't know why. Something was different. Something changed but I had no clue what it was. I opened my eyes and looked around the room, at my children. And then suddenly, I knew what was wrong. I walked to the window and looked outside. The sky became darker and darker but no moon was seen.

"The Harmonic Convergence has started.", I whispered. Fire Lady Izumi stepped next to me, knowing what I was talking about, while my children and siblings-in-law kept staring at me curiously.

"The what?", Lu Ten asked,"It's getting dark. That's normal."

"It is normal but not at two p.m. Lu Ten.", I answered.

Suddenly a white light was blending our eyes for a few seconds. I needed a few minutes to get my sight back and in the background, Zuko and Ilah were crying. I turned around and walked to them to hug them:"Why are you two crying? Everything is alright. It was just lighting. You have seen how daddy has made lighting, haven't you? Why are you afraid then?"

"I couldn't see you mommy.", Ilah cried.

"It's alright. You know what? Why don't you two walk down with aunt Medora and play football with her? Or play island?"

"Yes mommy!", Zuko nodded and took his little sister's hand and Medora's. Then they walked down to the game room and left us four alone here.

"Lao? Could you please lock all doors? And please make sure that everybody is inside."

"Of course, Your Highness."

I nodded and looked back outside:"Good luck Iroh, good luck Korra."

Iroh's P.O.V

"Iroh...Iroh wake up.", someone whispered. I opened my eyes and saw an auburn haired beautiful girl with golden-green eyes. As I looked into her eyes, her lips formed into a smile, in the same time mine did the same. But something was different. The light shone behind her and everything else was pitch black. We were in the water. How did we even survive here? Saira kept looking at me then she ran her hand down my cheek and suddenly had a worried look in her beautiful eyes. She leaned forward to my ear and whispered again:"Wake up. Otherwise you will never open your eyes again."

"Li! Li! Wake up! Deliah! He just doesn't open his eyes!", I heard a young voice cry. Li? I haven't heard my code name for years. Who was calling me? Was Saira a dream? I opened my eyes. A blue haired young girl was staring at me. She had greenish skin and pearls in her hair. Where was I? The scenario was like in my dream. I could only see light behind the girl. The surroundings were black.
My memory flushed back and I knew what happened. Unalaq attacked us. And we didn't have any chance against him. But why wasn't I drowning? I was in the water, for dragon's sake!

"Luciana! What are you talking? His eyes are open and he is looking at you!", this time, a pink haired girl spoke. Both of them looked at me curiously. And suddenly I remembered them. It were the mermaids, I met thirteen years back. Those, who wanted to seduce Haku and the crew. But at the end, Saira befriended them. I never thought that I would meet them again. It truly was a surprise. But my question still wasn't answered. Why was I alive and not on the grounds of the see?

"If you want to say something, you can.", the blue haired mermaid, named Luciana stated.

"Why am I alive?", I asked with a weak voice.

"My sisters and I came at the right time. And we saved you."

"I'm aware of that, thank you. But how? Why am I able to breath here?"

"Oh, you are talking about this. I made a bubble with air in it. That's how you can talk and breath. You are welcome. Ooups.", she grabbed my hand and swam to the the other side of the sea,"This man just doesn't want to give up. I hope the blue girl defeats him."

"Blue girl? You mean Korra."

"What ever her name is. You look even better as you got older, Li."

I looked at her curiously and then thanked her, hesitating:"My crew! What happened to them? Did they survive? Where are they?"

"They are fine. My sisters helped them. They out of water already. You are the only one left here. It took us long to find you. I bet you are great at playing hide and seek.", she giggled.

"I thought you were living in the north."

"Yes, we do. But Saira asked us to help you."

"You saw Saira? How is she doing? Is she okay?"

"She is fine. And your son will be so handsome!", she lulled,"Can you introduce me to him when he is born?"

"How do you know how my child will took like?"

"Oh, did nobody tell you? We have special abilities. Each of us. I thought Saira told you everything about us."

"No, she didn't."

"Well, each of my sisters has a special ability. Deliah can hear what you are thinking, Ruqqaya can teleport, Jodha can transform and I can see into the future."

"The future?"

"Yes, but it can be changed any minute. Like now. You should have been dead, actually. But you aren't. As well as your friend, Haku, I remember. He should be dead too, when Saira hadn't stopped us. Everything you do, changes the future."

"I see. Would you mind to get me out of here?"

"Of course.", she sang.

Once I was out of the water, I dared to look at the scenario, at Unalaq and Korra fighting. How long was I unconscious in the water? However, it didn't matter because right at this moment, Unalaq sank to the ground. Korra has won and that meant that the balance was back. But something still was different. That hole, in the middle of the city, was still opened. Why wasn't it closed? I could see some shadows coming out of it but maybe it was just my imagination...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 4.7K 107
Banishment is to merciful. Instead a prince is stripped down to a soldier, an easy disposable to be set in the middle of a war. To be treated like a...
15.7K 446 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
127K 3.6K 87
WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after her older sister and keep her safe. Her w...
198K 7.1K 35
The Fire Nation has been in a period of peace for years. Benevolent leaders have risen, rulers who care more about the people than their own interest...