The Female Bodyguard

By Jing-Yi

"You have to stop doing that." "Stop doing what?" "Saying things that makes me want to kiss you when I can't... More

The Female Bodyguard
01 ‖ The Psychotic Prince
02 ‖ The Suicidal King
03 ‖ Nincompoops
04 ‖ The Desk Lady
05 ‖ Tomorrow
06 ‖ The Dress
07 ‖ Dance With Me
08 ‖ Abducted
09 ‖ Pretty
10 ‖ Heartbreak
11 ‖ His Name
13 ‖ The Cherry Farm
14 ‖ Fiancé Of The Ex
15 ‖ The Badge
16 ‖ Hope Behind Bitterness
17 ‖ An Unknown Truth
18 ‖ Traitors
19 ‖ Lucky Day
20 ‖ I Don't Miss
21 ‖ Someone I Used To Know
22 ‖ My Lies
23 ‖ The Invitation
24 ‖ The Ball
25 ‖ Never Wrong
26 ‖ The Unwanted Visitor
27 ‖ Only A Warning
28 ‖ Just A Traitor's Daughter
29 ‖ Make A Wish
30 ‖ An Inescapable Fate

12 ‖ Girlfriend

24K 1K 335
By Jing-Yi

"Did you know that flamingos bend their legs at their ankles and not their knees?" Casimir says randomly once again.

"W-What? Where on earth do you get all these from?" I stammer, extremely perplexed by all the fun facts he has shared with me so far.

You'd be surprised to hear that that was not the first.

God knows where he gets all these information from.

Apparently lobsters taste with their feet and dolphins sleep with an eye open.

"That doesn't matter. Why are you so nervous?" I ask, concerned.

Throughout the entire journey from Ecrin to Myrefall, Casimir could not stop fidgeting with the neck rein while riding his horse. Worst of all, he could not stop rambling on about the weirdest facts he somehow knows, which is very unlike his character. The closer we got to Myrefall, the worse his 'symptoms' got.

He lets out a sigh and runs his fingers through his hair, clearly frustrated with himself.

"I'm not exactly expecting to receive a warm welcome from them when we tell them that we are looking for Rosalia." Casimir reveals, evidently troubled.

"Will it really be that bad?" I ask, sceptical of his worries.

"I guess we'll find out," Casimir replies in a dreadful manner.

Soon enough, we reach the gates of Myrefall and Casimir cues for a halt hastily before getting off his horse. I follow suit, though I am confused by his abrupt actions.

We are now standing at the entrance of the village that reeks of ashes due to the culmination of mass burning of wood and charcoal for the recent chilly weather.

"Shall we enter?" I prompt and Casimir sucks in a deep breath before nodding.

Once we step foot in the village, we start scanning our surroundings for the village chief who is supposedly easily recognisable for his crossed eyes. However, it does not take long before we start to receive countless of gazes from the villagers we were passing by. Some appears to be curious while others are worried.

"What's with all the stares?" I whisper under my breath, hoping that Casimir would be able to catch what I say.

"It's because of the way we're dressed. We don't fit in." Casimir points out and it only hits me then that our outfits are drastically different from the villagers.

I have my leather jacket on and Casimir has his inky trench coat draped over his shoulders while on the other hand, the villagers were either in overalls or plain t-shirts.

"Are you guys back here to kill our crops?"

"Why won't you believe us? We've already told you that we don't know where she is!"

"You royals are all inhumane! Leave us alone!"

The dubious stares soon erupt into an incessant chain of protests and complaints.

I am truly taken aback by their hostility and antagonism towards royalty. What a stark difference as compared to the villagers of Ecrin who were definitely a lot more welcoming.

One after another, they begin to spew out insults and it is very apparent that they despised nobles. It does not take long before we are enclosed by an infuriated mob of Myrefallions.

Perhaps it would be wisest for me to sleep with an eye open tonight.

"We're not here to destroy anything of yours." Casimir tries to explain himself but the villagers are clearly too vexed to even hear him out.

"You liars! Leave right now!"

Goodness gracious, they are beyond furious.

"Everyone, manners please!" A disembodied voice exclaims from the very end of the mob and on command, everyone quietens down.

The villagers start to give way until a wizened, swarthy elderly man comes to sight.

Crossed eyes.

He must be the village chief we had been searching for.

"Remember that we are better than this. Let's be civilised and not behave as hooligans. We welcome our visitors with open arms regardless of their backgrounds." The village chief reminds as he gradually approaches us.

Villagers start to gossip among themselves but none opposes.

"I am Lucien Stark, the village chief and I apologise on behalf of the villagers for our rowdiness. May I ask what business do you have in Myrefall?" He speaks with such solemness in his tone that it is nearly impossible to not feel intimidated by his mannerism.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lucien. I am Casimir Hughes of Acreria and this is my bodyguard, Larissa." Casimir introduces us and proceeds to explain our unanticipated and clearly unwanted visit. "As you might already know, Princess Rosalia Lunette II is missing and we heard that she was last seen here. So we were wondering if you'd perhaps have any information that could be of help."

Immediately, murmurs arise as the villagers start to discuss among themselves.

"Is he the prince who was involved in the scandal with the princess?"

What do they mean by a scandal?

"He has to be. Who else would go to such extents for such an ill-mannered person?"

"The princess is better off staying missing anyways. No one even liked her."

Frankly, I am stunned and beyond speechless from listening to their comments. How horrible could Rosalia have been for the villagers to loathe her to such an unfathomable extent?

At the same time, I cannot help but feel curious. What kind of scandal could the two have been in?

"Though she was last seen here, we have no idea where she could have went." Lucien informs matter-of-factly.

"Nothing at all?" Casimir questions in disbelief, undoubtedly struggling to accept a dead end.

"Unfortunately no. However, do feel free to stay in one of our vacant huts if you'd like to investigate further into this matter here. We, Myrefallions, have absolutely nothing to hide." Lucien offers in the least friendly way possible.

"That would be lovely." Casimir accepts Lucien's invitation and I give him a blank stare.

Why exactly would Casimir want to stay? It is undeniable that everyone abhors us.

"Well then, it's settled. I'm sure my grandson would be more than happy to guide you around the village." Lucien suggests and a boy not much younger than us steps forward from the crowd of people who are slowly dispersing.

He salutes jokingly to his grandfather's orders and smiles brightly at us. Lucien gives the boy a light pat on his back before excusing himself along with the horde of villagers.

Finally, someone who does not seem to desire burying us alive tonight.

"Hi there— I mean, greetings your highnesses. Did I say it right? Oh wait, that shouldn't have been voiced out. No, please ignore my awkwardness. I'm Noah Stark, the chief's grandson — you know, the old man you spoke to just now? Oh no, please don't tell him that I called him an old man. I'm sure he already told you that I'm his grandson. Oh well, haha..." Noah lets out a nervous chuckle and I cannot help but laugh softly at his introduction and Casimir does the same.

"She's not a princess. You don't have to address her as her highness nor do you have to address me in a such a formal manner either. Just call us Casimir and Larissa," Casimir attempts to calm Noah down.

"Oh no, that's not why I addressed her that way. I just thought that she was your girlfriend, the soon-to-be Queen. Oh dear, did I just say that out loud? Please tell me my guess is correct. I mean, she's very pretty and I thought that maybe, you know... Pretty people get together most of the times. I mean, not that you're pretty like a girl. I'm not saying that you're not pretty either. Your highness is definitely good looking. I just—" Noah clamps his mouth shut with his palm, evidently mortified by his blabbers.

"Relax, it's alright. You're acting as if I will give you a death sentence." Casimir teases the poor boy whose eyes instantly widens in fear after hearing what is meant to be reassurance from the prince.

"I knew it. Someday I would be executed for my incessant blabbering. I did not mean to insult your highness. I just thought that she looks pretty and you two do look good together. This is bad, I should stop speaking otherwise I'm probably going to lose my head by today. I have a really bad habit of talking non stop. Just like what I'm doing now but I should really stop." Noah purses his lips into a thin line and he seems to be trying his hardest to keep silent.

"You're not going to be executed. Don't worry, relax." Casimir reassures once again, evidently struggling to hold back his laughter.

"Does that mean I'm right about you two being together?" Noah asks timidly.

"No, we're not." I reply, amused by his coyness.

"Well that's a waste." Noah blurts out unintentionally and once it dawns on him what he had just said, he instantly starts to justify his comment. "No, I don't mean it in a bad way or anything. It's just that you're very pretty and if the prince hasn't noticed, you do seem very friendly too."

"You're not wrong. She can be really nice to people if she wants to and I don't exactly feel like digging my eyes out while looking at her so you're not wrong for thinking that way. If she cuts down on her sarcasm, maybe then your guess could come true." Casimir jokes thoughtlessly.

Nonetheless, his words somehow made my heart flutter unexpectedly.

"I rather run into a wall than cut down on my sarcasm, Casimir. I will be the literal death of you." I retort, obviously agitated.

"Then shouldn't I just accept you for who you are? That way, I wouldn't have to die and you'd be my girlfriend." Casimir banters and I am shocked.

Yet, before I get the chance to react or respond, we catch sight of Lucien waving to us from a distance and it seems as though the hut behind him would be the place that we will stay in for however long our visit is.

However, I cannot help but wonder if there is a possibility that Casimir was serious about what he had said.

There's just absolutely no way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 79 35
Running the gambit, bad boys to true love! A Royal, so hot! "Saving it for our wedding night?" Lucy escapes an abusive boyfriend to be pursued by a...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
206 1 14
It's 1700 King Louis XIV is King, and homosexuality is illegal. However, that won't stop Darcy and Vivianne, or will it? The story of two girls figh...
29.1K 1.4K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...