The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother

78 8 1
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother

We were walking in a field of grasses up to our ankles so lusciously thick, dark green, soft like moss like none other I have ever seen before. Hand in hand we strolled through the grass toward a flower draped lake off in the distance with a small waterfall; to say it was magical was doing it an injustice. The whole place was amazing.

She was almost my height with the softest looking silvery long flowing hair that reached down to just above her firm bottom, I looked up to her face into her eyes, eyes the color of liquid silver, silver/gray. I called them a smokey gray, the way they keep changing in the moonlight. She wore a long flowing silver dress that flowed her shoulders to the ground making it look like she was just floating across the ground instead of walking. Mine was forest green that flowed like water down from my shoulders and was light as air. Her skin was a milky white, but not, all in the same, it shimmered, with every reflective light of the moon: kind of like my own was doing at the present.

We walked hand in hand toward the lake... slowly it was getting closer and closer. There were so many birds and small animals surrounding the lake chattering; the closer we got to them I could hear them. Loud. When we arrived at the lake and took a seat the small animals scurried up to her, and jumped into her lap for her to pet as did the occasional one in mine; then rush away just as quick. It was so amazing to see how all the animals would flock to her, then with a slight wave of her hand they left us alone. I shook my head to tell her she didn't have to stop them, but she instead reached down for my hands that were lying in my lap since the last small critter left from being petted.

We held hands for what seemed like hours looking into each others eyes, deep into the soul of each other. It was then, while looking into those smokey gray eyes, that I realized... that I was looking into the eyes, of my very own daughter; abet at a much later age—she was a fully grown woman—of about eighteen to twenty, and, I was her mother at the time. The sudden revelation overtook me, and tears began to flow down my cheeks and face; not tears of sadness, but of pure joy; of finally finding my one true love—my long lost daughter.

I raised my hands up to her forehead and close my eyes and started tracing her fetchers lightly with a feathery touch of my fingers. Starting at the top of her forehead down over her eyebrows, eye lashes and eyes. I slowly worked my way around each of her eyes to her nose up and around then down that button nose of her, as it was described at her birth; it was exactly the same one, only a little larger. Then slowly down and around to her mouth from both sides across the top around then down and around. They were so soft and plump what I like to call kissable soft. Then around to the bottom lip and down I traced. Finally tracing my way to her cheeks and following that out to her chin. I memorized every square centimeter right down to the dimples in the cheeks and the little indent in her chin; she was adorable. My hands fell back to my lap and my eyes opened back up to witness the biggest smile I have ever seen, and those silver/gray eyes twinkling back at me. She made my heart race a million miles a second. I was so happy to have finally found my daughter, and her me.

We had yet to speak a single word to each other here by the lake filled with such wonders. Her being the grandest wonder of them all; I was in awe sitting here looking back at her. I was stunned to silence to even know what to say to one so beautiful as my lovely daughter; tears still flowed freely from my eyes. She reached up with a hand and began to wipe away the tears as they freely flowed from one eye down my cheek.

I sat spellbound as her soft finger traced a line of tears that fell slowly down my cheek as a smile graced her amazing lips. She leaned in and kissed away first one then another of my tears. I reached out and wrapped her up in a hug and pulled her into me never wanting to let go for fear of never seeing her again. “Daughter, oh how I missed you so...” I whispered into her hair when I had her wrapped into a tight hug.

She hugged me back tentatively, tenderly at first wrapping her arms around my back then twining her hands within the strands of my hair running her fingers through separating each black strand. “Mother?” was all I heard her question. I slowly nodded my head still holding her tightly. It felt so good; I never wanted this dream, or whatever it was to end. She pulled back eventually with the look of questioning on her lovely face. I guess I must have startled her with my confession having just now entered her life.

“Daughter mine, how I have miss you so...” I trailed off I lost the ability to speak from being so choked up with happiness. The tears that had been flowing before were now tracing an even stronger flow down my cheek. One of pure happiness.

“Mother?” She pointer up to the heavens toward the full moon overhead that has been shining down brightly on us the entire time. I shook my head side to side to tell her no not that one, but another one.

“That is your heavenly mother your Goddess Mother. I gave birth to you down on earth. I am also you mother just not up there.” I pointer to our heavenly Goddess. I could tell she was confused. “It doesn't matter right now just so long as we are together right here and now daughter.” I hugged her one last time, she smiled at me when she pulled away.

“Mother Goddess,” she pointed up. “Mother,” she pointed to me. “Mine?” She asked me. I nodded my head. She broke out into the biggest smile. Her voice was so melodious like the most beautiful singer you have ever heard, or the loveliest songbirds song singing in the treetop. It was a pleasure to the ears to listen to her speak, or it could have just been me wanting to listen to her talk and never stop. I was in heaven.

“What is your name daughter mine?” I had to know, I was dying to know.

“Name?” she looked puzzled.

“Me,' I pointer to myself. “I am called Valia,” I pointed to myself when I said my name. It was like a flame lit up when I did that.

“Diana. My name is Diana. Mother Goddess up name me Dianna.”

“Dianna nooo...” the second she said her name she started to fade away as did everything around me even I started to fade. The ground I was sitting on slowly disappeared and was replaced with the green of my hospital bedding and the green of the valley floor and lake turned into the painted walls to the front of me at the foot of my bed. Had it all been a dream, or was it all real, and was I back in the Goddess Plane with my daughter?

I reached up to feel my face and felt the stickiness of my pre-shed tears from my dream, no it couldn't have been a dream it had to have been real, she was real my daughter I felt her soft skin, and hair. The skin and outline of every detail of her face. The color of her hair and eyes. Even the sound of her voice; she was definitely real. I met my daughter last night looking over toward the window the light coming threw the window was just lighting the beginning of a new day. My daughter is just now one day old here in the human world, but up in the Goddess Plane time means nothing. There is no telling how old she may be up there right now. A smile played across my face, I know I met my little girl last night.

Wilda walked in the door at that very moment. “Morning sweetie did you sleep well?”

“I slept wonderful actually. I had the most amazing dream I met my little girl, and she was fully grown. We got to go for a walk together, and talk even.” I must have been smiling because Wilda started to laugh.

“That is wonderful, you are doing so great after the day you had yesterday and all. Here you go drink up it will help you to heal.” She handed me a tall glass of Royal blood. I wonder how long I will have to keep drinking this now that I am no longer pregnant.

“Thank you Wilda, and thank you for taking such good care of me these last six months.” I would have truly been at a loss without her.

“No need to thank me I am just doing my job I was originally hired for. It was nice to finally be of service again you don't know how badly I missed all that.” She had such a look on her face. Joy.

“Well, I am glad I could help. Though I hope I never have to go through that ever again. Giggle” That was a bit too rough for my likings.

“Not even for one more little one that will run around the manor and look just like you?”

“No way... not how that was too much work. I will be so glad to get home and get this body back into shape, and into training once again so I can go out with my sisters and brother again. I am so sick of this bed.” I really am, laying around in a room for the last week doing absolutely nothing has just about killed me.

“OK. So, why don't you go shower and change and we will go down stairs to eat together this morning instead of having it brought up to the room?” That sounds great.

“Your on be right out can you pick something loose fitting for me to wear please, Wilda?” I jumped out of been and almost fell flat on my face. Damn, so not used to walking yet.

“Easy there, Valia, let me help you to the bathroom then I will find you something to wear. Use the hand rails in there please so you don't fall I will come get you when you are finished.” She left me to my own devices. It was a quick potty break then i showered, and I was ready to get dressed. Wilda, pulled out a forest green dress... I almost fainted when I saw it, it was the same dress of my dreams last night... long to the floor... loose from my shoulders flowingly down and out like a breeze was taking it. “Here let me help you into this then we can go get you something to eat.” She looked at me funny while holding out the dress to me. “What you don't like this one?” I just waved her forward to put in on me. Once I was dressed and into matching flats; the only shoes I will wear, we headed out to go eat.

I cannot tell you how many times we were stopped on the way down to the cafeteria by people who dropped to a knee wanting me to bless them, or wanting to lay a hand to my empty belly and pray. It didn't take long for me to wish I was back up in my room. The worst was when I walked into the cafeteria and everyone there jumped up to their feet then took a knee for a few seconds and prayed before getting up and standing there till I walked past. I finally had to say something to them all. “As you were go back to eating nothing to see here I am just getting something to eat.” Sheese. Not here too. I shook my head, but they all sat back down and started a low chatter, some went back to eating; still most kept an eye on Wilda and I.

Once we had our food we found a small table by the window and sat to eat breakfast together. Least that was what I was hoping all hope to do. Alas, I never get my wishes. We had a never ending stream of people pass by our table to see the 'wonder girl' who carried their Goddess' Spirit Child. Why me? It took forever to choke down my cold breakfast in the end. We quickly left the trays there, and I flashed both of us back to my room. Wilda and I, made a quick get away, but I was getting so tired of it all. The bedroom was looking quite nice all of a sudden.

“That was quite... eventful to say the least. I hope this all calms down soon. I for one am not going to last long at this pace.” I commented.

“You have to give them time to adjust sweetie. You did just deliver them their Goddess' Spirit Child then die, and be brought back to life. You are our miracle child here, where as your child has left us.” I never thought of it that way.

“OK. I never gave it that thought, Wilda. I guess it will take some getting used to. Still, I don't feel any different, I am still just, me, Valia. I don't feel like I should be treated any different I guess.”

“Give it time, things will change just like they did with your grandmother the Queen. She was overwhelmed when she first became Queen, but soon grew into the position and everyone settled down to her being Queen as well. It just takes time.” I never gave that much though, I guess she is right.

“I am going to lie down for a while wake me if anyone comes for a visit, please. I don't want to miss anyone.” I rolled over onto my bed and fell sound asleep hoping to re-enter my last dream with my daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 17.8K 94
Everyone knew about Peter Parker but what if his story was different and he had a twin sister named Payton. After the avengers save them from hydra...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...
226K 8.7K 37
This is a story about rejection, finding love, and friendship. What happens when a teenage girl is rejected and finds a second chance mate? She train...
1.3K 22 23
The world is more strange than it seems. Among the humans roam the creatures from the Supernatural World: the Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Wi...