The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

由 LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... 更多

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!

93 9 1
由 LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!

I woke early in the morning, Wilda was there reading a book sitting by the side of the window, her shadowy outline was illuminated by the glow of the moon's radiant glow shining in threw the window behind her. I lay there watching her quietly so as not to disturb her, it is not often I get to see Wilda being totally relaxed and not running around taking care of one of us, or picking up something we may have left behind. When I notice her start to look up I close my eyes, but there is no fooling Wilda, I hear her place her book down on the table then her chair scoot back on the wood floors as she stood up, and her heels click clack as she walked across the floor to come to check on me.

“Good morning sweetie you slept well last night I see. The baby must have been very calm for a change. May I check on her please?” Wilda asked. I opened my eyes and smiled wide.

“Morning, Wilda, Yes I did sleep good, sure go right ahead and check.” I pulled down the covers and lifted my nightgown so she could get to my baby bump, I am getting so big I mused. “Can we be quick I do have to go, the baby is really pressing on my bladder this morning.” Wilda helped me up and walked me the few steps to the bathroom so I could go potty, then I took a quick shower with her help. When I was finished I put on a pretty pink nightgown and got back into bed. Again. “Thanks for the help. I feel so much better. Cleaner.” I really did too.

“My pleasure sweetie. Can I get you something to eat while I go get you your morning blood?” She asked.

“Yes I am a bit hungry just some bacon and sausage would be nice oh and eggs with cheese that should keep the baby happy,” by now I know what it takes to keep my little one happy in the morning. Meat, meat, and cheeses, the eggs are for me.

“OK. I will be right back soon, you rest for now I won't be long. Now stay in bed till I get back.” I nodded my head then got comfortable and propped a couple of my pillows behind my head so I could watch some early morning TV. Wilda came back thirty minutes later with my sister, Icka carrying my tray of food and my large glass of Royal Blood. Yum. When they brought the tray close enough for me to reach I went right for the glass, first thing. It is like a drug, Royal Blood, to us vampires, it is also delicious. “Look who I found down in the cafeteria while I was getting your food.” I was just finishing gulping down the last of my blood.

“Yum, that was so good. Sorry. Hi there Icka, the baby was thirsty I had to feed the beast. Giggle. Burp. Oh My. Excuse me.” How embarrassing.

Icka started laughing along with Wilda, when they stopped, Icka sat on the bed beside me. “Is it OK? You know? To sit beside you, or will a nurse come in and chase me out again?” She asked. The worried look on her face spoke volumes.

“Don't worry about anything sis you come and go anytime you feel like it that nurse was way out of line. She has been dealt with it won't happen again. I have no visiting hours nor restrictions on who or when anyone can come see me. So, if you are up drop by I would love for you to see me even if I am sleeping.” She has no idea how true that is.

“Phew. I was worried she would come back and see me sitting here and kick me out again. I though I did something wrong last night the way she acted. I almost went to see our grandmother to ask for permission to come back to see you again.” Wow, she was upset I may have to do something about that nurse after all.

“I wish I had known sis I would have had Wilda go get you and bring you right back here. Though I did end up drifting off to sleep right after you left. Still, I would have loved to see you again to tell you I only have till tomorrow till my little one is due. Isn't that wonderful!” I gushed out for her sake.

“Oh, Valia. That really is wonderful I will be an auntie tomorrow. And didn't you say she was special that she is the Spirit of Diana? How will that work with the four of us as a group?” Icka had a questioning look on her face.

“Well honey, as best I understand it, she is to be our fifth when she grows up somehow. I don't fully understand it, but that is what the Moon Goddess told me.” That, and that I must die so she can rise up to the Goddess, but my lips are sealed. “Icka can I ask a huge favor of you?”

“Anything sis just name it.” She replied.

“This is between you and I please, I want you to promos me. OK.” She nodded her head and crossed her heart. “Great, when I go to deliver my little one should anything happen to me, anything at all...” I stopped and waited while the nurse entered the room and came over the bed and knelt down beside me and prayed first then rose up before talking to me.

“How is Your Grace and Her Holiness doing this morning? Any problems? Can I get you anything?” She waited for me to answer I just laid there staring at her.

“Um... No, we are fine you may leave. Wilda has everything under control in here.” Damn what pests these nurses are. She looked over at Wilder over by the window reading her book again and gave her a sour look then turned and left closing the door with just a little more force than was necessary.

“I think she was pissed off that she wasn't needed. Giggle. Oh Well. I rather have Wilda than any one of these nurses any day of the week.” Wilda looked up from her book with a big smile on her face. “Yes Wilda, I meant that too. Now where were we Icka? Oh right. If anything should happens to me during my delivery you have to promos me to do everything in your power to bring me back. Use all your powers you, Bavo and Lady Gaia have together, just do what you all have to, to just bring me back don't give up no matter what, I beg of you Icka.” She looked shocked at what I was telling her. “I know things are going to happen tomorrow that I need you to be with me on this please. Say you will do this for me no matter what they tell you. Please Icka!”

“I don't know Valia, is there really going to be a problem with the delivery that 'THEY' don't know about? Maybe you should tell them.” I shook my head vehemently.

“No one can know what is going to happen, the Moon Goddess warned me. I just need you to know as my sister to make sure that when all seem at a loss you have a way to do what they can't do. You must do as I say, or I have no chance of coming back to you. You must remember to get them together and preform a circle around me and bring me back. I employ you sis.” She looked so sad, but nodded her head in agreement.

“Are you sure about this?” she whispered. “There is no other way?” She questioned.

“No, this has to be done as the Goddess directed, or I will meet my maker, then there will be no fifth. This is how it must be sis you must do this for me right after they all give up on me, you three must jump in and bring me back. It is how it must be.” I stressed to my sister. She hung her head down, tears flowing from her eyes. I reached out my hand to wipe them away. “It is OK hon I have made my peace with the Moon Goddess and Diana my little one in here." I rubbed my tummy. "She will protect me and make sure I return safely. Have faith in yourself and your brother and sister. I know you all can do this. I have faith in all of you, and in the Goddess, that she knows what she is doing is right for all of us.” She looked up at me and smiled a tear filled smile.

“I will do it, Valia you can count on me, on us. We will bring you back. Will we need to bring anything with us before the delivery?” She looked around the room. Concern, flittered opon her tear filled face.

“I will get enough salt, and have it here to make a circle for you to make, the rest should be up to you all. I will have it in my side table drawer there,” I pointed to the small table by the side of my bed the same bed I will be birthing the baby in. “the only thing you will need to do is move the bed to the center of the room so you can make a circle around my body in salt while I lay in the bed. The rest is up to you all to make a circle within and join hands and bring me back to my body. Lady Gaia will know what to do.” She started to smile a little. Her face brightened.

“Well, I just hope you know what we will be doing I sure don't, but I will give it everything. Oh sis why...” She broke down crying again. Wilda came over and started rubbing her back soothingly.

“It's going to be OK, Icka she will be OK sweetie. Why don't you go get some rest, then come back in a while so Valia can rest up a bit.” Wilda guided Icka toward the door. She turned back to look at me I could see the pained worry in her eyes.

“I will talk to the others later today OK?” She waved and left the room as Wilda closed the door and came up to me. “Are you doing OK sweetie? Do you need anything?”

“No, I am fine, just a bit tired. I am going to take a short nap.” I turned over and went to sleep. I woke just before lunch was being served. Wilda walked in with a tray filled with a roast beef sandwich chips and my usual glass of blood. I went for the glass of blood first. When that was finished I ate the rest of my meal then had a glass of tomato juice. I lay back against a pile of fluffy pillows to relax and watch the TV for the afternoon.

Later in the afternoon while I was mindlessly watching the TV, bored out of my ever loving mind, I had an inrush of visitors. AKA. Bavo, Icka and Lady Gaia who all stopped by to have a chat with me about what I discussed earlier in the day with sister Icka. Wilda, excused herself and left us alone to talk while she went down to check with the doctors about the procedures that were planned for tomorrow. “Hi, Valia, Icka tells us that there may be some sort of problem tomorrow during the birth of our Spirit Child, Diana and you want us to perform a special ceremony on you is that correct?” Lady Gaia asked.

“Yes you are correct in that assumption. If, Icka has told you the whole story then you know what is about to happen to me after the birth of my child, I need you to lock my body within a circle of protection then bring me back to it. You will have to work quickly after they have given up all hope, then you must jump into action quickly if you have any hope at all of saving me.” I explained. I pulled out the drawer to my table by my bed to show Lady Gaia that I had managed to gather up four full sized filled salt shakers. “This should be enough right Lady Gaia?”

She walked over and looked down into the drawer and nodded. “Yes, that plenty to form a circle of protection around the bed. Are you sure we will have to do this, I mean, your sure your spirit will leave your body after birth, and we will have to bring it back to you? I just want to be sure what we need to do. Do I need to have the other witches standing by?” She asked, the worried look played upon her face as did the others now.

“No!” I snapped “It must be just you three that attempt this ritual to bring me back, it is as the Moon Goddess wishes, and can only be attempted after all else has failed!” I insisted, though I was being a bit demanding of voice I know, but I had to get my point across to them.

“OK. You know what is best then. I just hope we have what we need to bring you back tomorrow. I would hate to let you down.” Bavo, spoke up, it was the first time I had ever seen him looking so sad in my short lifetime.

“Bavo, come here and give me a hug you big lug.” He crawled up on the bed besides me and hugged me lightly, I was having none of that and pulled him into a tight hug though the baby bump got in the way, it felt good. “There now no more feeling bad for me, get out of here you and go get something to eat while we girls have some girl time together.” I shooed him off and waited till he left the room. “Tell no one about what I have told you it stays our secret to the end. When the time comes if you have to use whatever means you have to, to shield us all from them while you do the ceremony to bring me back. It must be done with just you three. Do you understand?” They all agreed. “Great now let's have some girl time for this last day, I am so tired of lying around here bored out of my mind.”

“What do you want to do?” Lady Gaia asked.

“I want to go lay out in the gardens and smell the flowers for a little while, that sounds like a fun time to me. Oh and read my book that I haven't had time to finish too,” We held hands and Lady Gaia flashed us all down to the gardens along with one of my blankets to lay on. The sun was shining brightly down upon us, and it felt so great to be outdoors for a change. “This feels wonderful, just to get out of that stuffy room for once this whole week. I was thinking I would never get to see the sun again.” I leaned my shoulders back against the fountain that we had laid the blanket down near. The grass was so green, and the smell of the flowers was so intense this time of year. I was in heaven as I laid my head back and took in the sun on my face and neck. I leaned forward and picked up my book and began to read from where I left off. “I could stay out here forever this is so nice.” I heard Icka agree with me as I slowly encompassed myself in the writing of my favorite author.

We would have stayed outside longer had it not been for the baby deciding it was time for me to come in for a visit to the potty, as usual. Climbing to my feet with the assistance of both, Icka and Lady Gaia, I was suddenly struck with the first of what was to be many labor pains. I nearly dropped to my knees had it not been for the quick thinking of my two sisters. They flashed me quickly to my room leaving behind everything we brought outside with us. They lay me down on my bed gingerly, then called for my nurse and Wilda who came a running into the room.

“I do believe she just went into labor I was able to ease her pain for her, but the contraction was a strong one. She hasn't broke her water yet... OK. She just now broke it. I stand corrected.” Lady Gaia laughed out the last part. “We brought her back as soon as they started.”

Both the nurse and Wilda went to work checking me out then changing me out of my wet clothes and bedding, and into a clean soft nightgown. “There, that should be more comfortable for you for now.” Wilda helped me back into bed which had all fresh linens. “Is your brother going to be here for the delivery?” Wilda asked.

“He is supposed to be, but I would give him some time before you call him you know how restless he can get with nothing to do.” I suggested. "When I get closer to full on labor then call him on in I know he will want to be here to witness his niece being born, he told me so himself.” White lies never hurt anyone I am the one that needs him here.

“OK sounds like a plan then.” Wilda replied, helping the nurse clean up the room and deposit all the soiled linens into the receptacle for washing. Throughout the night the labor pains came and went slowly growing in intensity. By morning I was in full out labor with my doctor standing by as was the doctor for the baby and a nurse to help with any necessities. They were really going overboard on my delivery.

By nine AM I crowned the head of the baby and started pushing with the help of both Wilda as my midwife and Lady Gaia to help control most of my pains. It was truly a pain free delivery up to that point, all I felt was a little pressure when it came time to bear down to push thanks to Lady Gaia's pain blocking skills. The baby was very slow coming though, I guess because she was my first and would be my last also; I have no plans to ever go through this again. On the last push I heard the doctor tell me to stop pushing for a moment which I did then she said. “Now one big hard push she she will be here.” I remember pushing with all my might then nothing. I drifted off to the bright light in the tunnel. It was so bright it drew me toward it slowly. I could hear my name being called 'Valia come into the light' 'Valia' I slowly felt myself being pulled toward the light then my whole body jerked violently.

Then again it jerked violently, there was no pain involved just a sudden stop as I turned back to hover above my body looking down upon it, and all the people around it frantically working on it. Why the rush, it feels so good here floating above looking down at everyone? I notice the room to the side where a baby should be; the people there are going frantic as well. It is as though they have lost something and can't seem to find it. They are looking everywhere for it. They must have dropped whatever they lost, and it rolled away. I feel the pull again and turn toward the light once again, then my body jolts with that sudden violent shudder once again then everything stops. I am free to follow the tunnel to the light. I start to drift that way again.

“We lost her, I am so sorry there was nothing we could do to save her.” The doctor pulled the sheet over Valia and stepped back.” The looked so forlorn that they lost our sister. That was our cue to jump into action.

“Clear the way move that bed to the center of the room and everyone out now!” Bavo shouted forcing the doctor and the rest of the staff out of the room. “You heard me GET OUT!" He started yelling, holding two fireballs in his hands threatening anyone who wouldn't leave the room. They all ran for the door slamming it on exit. He threw one of the fireballs at the door lock sealing it shut then ran over to sister, Valia's side. “OK. Let's get this show on the road.” Lady Gaia went to work sealing the whole area within a salt circle.

“Salt, I lay down this body is bound, her sole we seek oh Goddess return we beseech.” Lady Gaia started a chant.

“Goddess Diana your child has risen, sent us back thine mother.” Icka begged for her sister.

“We pray Divine Goddess, for ye mercy.” Bavo continued the chant.

“We three before thee wish only for our forth to be with us so mote it be.” Lady Gaia called out. Looking down upon the dead body of Valia though nothing happened still. They joined hands over her body and tried the same chant again with their heads bowed with all their will they chanted praying over the dead body of Valia. Again. Nothing!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.3K 22 23
The world is more strange than it seems. Among the humans roam the creatures from the Supernatural World: the Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Wi...
346K 22K 36
The ink had barely dried on Stephanie's final high school exam and already she has been offered a job. A job as a personal assistant to the son of a...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...