Lasting Love (a Fred Weasley...

By WeaselB3e

Riley Wood is Oliver Wood's "little sister" or so that's what everyone at Hogwarts knows her as, however. Ril... More

Rotten Luck
Secrets
The Secret thickens
Classes
They Know Who You Are
Realizations
Young Love
Ferrets
The First Task
The Yule Ball
Curiosity
Birthdays
The Third Task
The days of Summer
Falling yet again
Family affair
Finding Out the Truth
Losing everything
Change
Realizations and sorrow
First Day at Hogwarts...What joy
My confrontation with Umbridge
Down to Business
Christmas time!
End of Year Fun
What makes a ferret cry?
School and Stalking ferrets, how fun
Hogsmeade with Fred
Gate Crashers and Little Girls
Christmas with Oliver and poisonings
End of Sixth year
Frightened and Worried
That Summer
School Days
Fred and Pugs
We should have run
Christmas time
To the Depths of Hell
Hell's Rescue
Aftermath of Hell
Promises
Before the Fight
Battle of Hogwarts
Its All Over
Can't believe it
Hospital Visit
Holding it Together
A Ferret with Nothing
No One
Daydreaming and services
Fred's Mind
Dont break a promise to a Weasley
Letting everything out
Fred's plan
Tosspots
Twins?!
Surprise!
An Offer You Can't Refuse...or Can You?
Wedding Plans
Wedding Day!
Oh, Weddings
Honeymooners
Life
Birthday!
Big Family
To Hogwarts We Go!
Time to Play
Detentions
Ferret Christmas
Merry Christmas
Summer Vacation
Second Year
Third/Fourth Year
Fifth Year
Seventh Year
Lasting Love

Blissful afternoons

21.4K 444 85
By WeaselB3e

    *Fred's POV* 

            The wind whooshed through my hair as I sped faster towards our destination, Riley's arms tightened their grip around my waist and I smiled as my chest swelled with joy. When the sparkling water came into view I slowed down and hovered over the water as Riley's grip loosened and I looked around at the beautiful scenery before us.

                "How did you find this place?" Riley asked gleefully taking in the scenery.

                I shrugged, "George and I were flying one day and I saw it. sure is lovely isn't it?"

                I flew to the edge of the water and we dismounted the broom together, I laid out the blanket and we sat down, looking at the water as the sun blazed above us. We didn't say a word as we sat there looking at the glistening water and eatting the grapes I had gotten, as Riley moved closer to me I reached into the basket and pulled out a glass flower and shifted so I was facing her.

                Riley's eyes widened as she took in the flower and waited for me to explain, "I've been working on something for the joke shop. You see, this is a attraction flower, it shows the holder's true feelings to someone else when two people are touching it. The way it works is that two people place their hands on it and it changes colors, the color is based on a scale that indicates how the two people feel towards each other. It's still a work in progress, but..." I moved closer to Riley, placing the flower in her palms before placing my hands underneath them. "if you hold it like this. You can see how the person feels about you."

                I watched Riley's cheeks flush as the once clear flower began to change into a rainbow of colors, I smirked as she pulled it closer watching it change, "what does it mean if it does that?" She locked eyes with me and I stared back into the green orbs.

               "it means that both of us adore each other very much."

                I laughed as Riley's cheeks flushed a deeper red and she dropped her gaze and began stuttering, "I don't know what you're talking about."

                I cupped my hand under her chin and leaned in, "is that so?" I smirked, I watched her eyes get wider and I leaned in and kissed her. I gently leaned in, letting her move away if she desired. I felt her move closer and place her arms around my neck as I placed my hands around her waist, when we broke apart she wouldn't look me in the eye and her face was cherry red.

                "Are you nervous?" I whispered.

                Riley looked at me and nodded, "a little."

                I pulled her into a hug and held her tightly, "I wouldn't hurt you."

                Riley nodded and gave a slight smile, "is this why we're here?"

                I shrugged as I stood up and took off my shirt, "I had another idea as well."

                Riley laughed as I took off towards the water and jumped in, the lake felt nice in the summer heat. I turned to Riley and wavered her in, "I don't have a suit!" she called.

                I shrugged, "your underwear works too!"

                I could tell from here that her face was getting even redder as she looked at her feet, "you're not scared are you?"

                Her jaw set as she glared at me, "oh come on! I dare you to come in here."

                I had her now as she stood up, I turned around in order to make her feel better and soon I heard a splash and she was smirking next to me in a black laced bra and what I could only assume were black panties. "That's what I thought," I teased.

                Her eyes darted in all directions and I noticed that she was trying so hard to stay afloat, "you don't know how to swim do you?"

                Riley frowned, "its deep here and I'm short."

                I pulled her close and held her hands, "just kick your legs you'll be fine dear."

                Riley nodded as she bobbed up and down laughing, "I really like this idea."

                "I was hoping you did," I smirked, "did you like the flower?"

                Riley grinned, "it was beautiful! I think it's a great idea. Maybe it should be a bit flatter and instead of the flower itself changing colors it projects the colors?" She was always a bright girl, giving the best ideas for inventions and jokes. "But....the rainbow? It really means a high attraction?"

"Are you telling me the flower lies, Ms. Wood?" At this her cheeks flushed and she stuttered, I couldn't help but chuckle at her nerves, "you don't have to believe the flower if you don't want to. But it sure made you kiss me right then and there."

At this Riley put her hands to her face and slunk slowly into the water, my laugh echoed around the clearing.

                I pulled her close, I felt her place her legs loosely around my waist as we lounged in the water. We stayed like that for what felt like hours, we talked until the sun was shining just over the tree line that circled the lake. At one point we started kissing—at first it was just a peck but then it got deeper as her hands wrapped themselves through my hair and I pulled her even closer to me. When we broke apart we both started laughing until Riley frowned.

                "What's wrong?" I asked her as she looked away into the distance.

                "Oliver's not going to be happy about this," she muttered.

                I stopped moving around in the water and let her go as we both stared at each other with slight panic etched on our faces, "bloody hell."

                Riley didn't say anything but she nodded silently in agreement.

                *Riley's POV*

                It's going to be alright, he adores you there's no reason to yell at you, you've done nothing wrong. I thought as I walked through King's Cross next to Fred, since the afternoon at the lake we had become quite close—everyone had guessed that we finally confessed our feelings but no one said a word about it. When we went through the barrier I saw Oliver standing by the train and ran over to hug him, leaving my luggage with Fred.

                "Why didn't you write after the cup?" I asked worriedly.

                Oliver smiled, "I knew you were safe and that's all that mattered." He glanced over my shoulder and smirked, "I see you two finally admitted you fancy each other."

                I blushed, "is it that obvious?"

                "Well seeing as Fred is staring at us with a worried look on his face I had a feeling that's what happened."

                I backed away from him, waiting for the blow up and lecture to come but it never came, Oliver Wood just smiled at me. "You tricked me."

                Oliver smirked and then frowned, "not as bad as you tricking him." Oliver leaned in closer, "does he know yet?"

                I shook my head and looked down, "I'm too nervous to tell him."

                Oliver frowned, "I know I've told you never to tell anyone again, but Fred should be the one person to know the truth."

                I looked up as a tear left my eye, "he'll leave. Just like everyone else does."

                Oliver pulled me into a hug and sighed, "we'll make sure that doesn't happen but you have to do it sooner rather than later—the longer you wait the harder it'll be to accept. I don't want you to get your heart broken."

                I nodded as Oliver pulled away and reached for a bag he had been hiding, "I got you something for this year. You're going to need it," Oliver smirked as I opened the bag. A floor length dress that was a light purple with glitter all over it sat in the bag, my mouth dropped as I looked at the beautiful dress Oliver had bought me. "I'll need this?"

                Oliver nodded before he leaned forward and looked me straight in the eye, "now listen Riley. I'm not going to be there to protect you this year so I need you to be good, if he shows up or sends you a letter you go to Dumbledore and tell him immediately. Don't hide it or anything go to him and tell him, he'll send for me we'll go from there. Understand?"

                I nodded slightly, this year was going to be horrible without Oliver there but I realized that as long as I stay in the castle no one can get me. I smiled at Oliver before walking to where everyone else was placing their luggage, I noticed Oliver glaring at Fred as Fred blushed before boarding the train. I gave Oliver one last hug as he wished for me to be safe and I jumped on the train and followed Harry and the others to an empty compartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 99.8K 100
Maddie has grown up without her mother and father, living with Remus Lupin. Her father is Sirius Black and sometimes she wonders if he even knows tha...
950K 27K 42
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK ONE ❝Lucy wasn't sure of many things. She wasn't sure exactly when she'd discovered she was a witch. She wasn't sure...
246K 6.2K 20
Clarice Amelia Potter, Harry Potter's elder sister, the adopted daughter of the Malfoys, and the legendary "Slytherin Quidditch Captain," finds love...
50 2 14
A young girl named Lyra Lestrange is pressured to act the way her parents wish. After meeting the annoying Fred Weasley she finds the truth about her...