dear self | soukoku

By oyaasvmi

after dazai sees chuuya at their old spot, things change between the former partners More

prologue | glimpse
1 | gloomy
2 | frustration
3 | coffee shop
4 | wish me luck
5 | gone?
6 | no sign
7 | found
8 | welcome back
9 | "sh-shutup bakazai!"
10 | mackerel and slug
11 | disneyland
12 | suicidal heart
13 | conflicting feelings
14 | unbearable waiting
16 | a friendly reunion
17 | mixed signals
18 | why?
19 | two hypocrites
20 | the truth
21 | a little crisis
22 | confrontation
23 | concerned
24 | mysterious roses
25 | "just get in my bed"
26 | a day with dazai
27 | predators and prey
28 | the precipice vs for the tainted sorrow
29 | unbearable pain
30 | an interesting conversation
31 | a sense of uneasiness
32 | searching
33 | corruption
34 | rescued
35 | cowardice
36 | forgiveness
37 | tranquility
38 | white chrysanthemums - end

15 | "please...just...just wake up"

15.1K 798 832
By oyaasvmi

- Chuuya's POV -

February 3

I open the door to the hospital, eager to see Dazai.

I walk to the receptionist. "Hi. I'm here to see Dazai Osamu."

"Alright, hold on." She looks at her computer. "He's in room 9, floor 3."

"Ok, thanks."

I walk to the elevator, clutching the bouquet of flowers I have in my hand. I know it's stupid but he loves camellias. That dumbass better appreciate it.

After about 10 seconds, the elevator finally opens.

I look at the numbers on the left side of the door.

7...8...9.

I stare at the door that reads "Room 9: Dazai Osamu".

I'm actually nervous to enter.

My hand shakes nervously as I reach for the door handle.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

I see Dazai on the hospital bed to my left.

He's not awake.

I rush to his hospital bed. Has he really not woken up yet?

"Dazai?" I say as I inspect him. He has a tube in his mouth aiding him to breathe.

Shouldn't he have woken up?

I grab a chair from the corner of the room.

"Damnit Dazai." I say as I place the bouquet of pink camellias on the table next to him.

I sit in the chair.

"Your killing me here man. I think I'm gonna die from this anxiety."

"Why am I even talking to you? You're probably not gonna even hear me."

"Anyways I guess it's been about 2 days since you got shot. Life hasn't changed much."

"Why did you even get shot you bastard?"

"Your friends are worried about you. They keep calling you. I only know that because I went in your house to maintain your stuff of course. Your welcome by the way."

I sighed. "What else is there to say...uh..."

"Oh yeah, I called your friends back by the way. I told them what happened. I'm surprised they haven't come to visit yet really." I look around the room. There's no flowers or balloons or anything. The only present is the camellias I brought.

"Of course I didn't tell them my identity. I just told them I was an old friend of yours."

"The flowers I usually get have stopped coming. I kinda have a theory about that ."

"I don't miss you of course. I hate you with every fiber of my being."

The overpowering frown comes back. "That's what I want to say, but to be honest it's not the absolute truth."

"Damnit, I-I miss you Dazai. Please just wake up bastard." I feel something wet run down my cheek.

A tear. "Huh, never thought I'd cry for the likes of you." I feel more tears run down.

"The truth is...I think I have feelings for you. And I hate it. Why are you doing this to me damnit? I don't want to feel like this."

"And when I see you like this. Here and now, it hurts. It hurts to see you hurting." I grab the sheets from the bed and squeeze them.

"Please. Please just wake up Dazai. I know I act like like I absolutely hate you, but that's not completely true."

"I'm sorry I can't change my personality, but please just give me another chance."

"Please...just...just wake up." I say softly, still squeezing the sheets, not looking at Dazai.

I feel a hand gently touch my left hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 1.9K 16
Chuuya gave Dazai one month to make him love him again. Once Dazai does drama appears. What happens when someone from Chuuya's past gets in the way...
38.8K 654 12
⚠️Bottom Dazai⚠️ ⚠️Yandere Chuuya⚠️
52.1K 1K 8
Atsushi finds out he interested in men and is disappointed in himself he falls into negativity and call's himself Disgusting. Dazai and Chuuya are da...
125K 3.1K 30
What if Chuuya and Dazai where dating in the mafia and Chuuya gets pregnant. But before he could tell him Dazai left. What if Chuuya supposed to do...