MIND. ❊ twilight âŦÂđ

By divinedutchess

★ 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃, â‹†ï―ĄËš ð‘ŧð‘Ŋ𝑎 𝑚ð‘ŧð‘ķð‘đ𝒀 ð‘ķ𝑭 ð‘Ļð‘ĩ ð‘Ļð‘đð‘đð‘ķð‘Ūð‘Ļð‘ĩð‘ŧ ð‘Đð‘ķð‘ķð‘ēð‘ūð‘ķð‘đð‘ī ━━━ ❝i'm not going to apologize... More

˚ ͙ۊۊĖĨ◌┊𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃
ðĒ. THE SWAN REUNION
ðĒðĒ. ADAPTING TO CHANGE
ðĒðŊ. THE MYSTERIOUS EDWARD
ðŊ. CLEVEREST MIND
ðŊðĒ. A BUDDING RELATIONSHIP
ðŊðĒðĒ. REVELATIONS & BEACHES
ðŊðĒðĒðĒ. PORT ANGELES MAYHEM
ðĒðą. FICTIONAL APEX PREDATORS
ðą. THE CULLEN CLAN
ðąðĒ. FORGIVENESS IS A VIRTUE
ðąðĒðĒ. AMERICAN PASTIMES
ðąðĒðĒðĒ. I LOVE YOU, DAD
ðąðĒðŊ. MURDEROUS MANHUNT
ðąðŊ. APOLOGIES AND RECOVERY
ðąðŊðĒ. A NIGHT OF DISAPPOINTMENTS
────ð—Ķ𝗘ð—Īð—Ļ𝗘𝗟, 𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

ðĒðĒðĒ. FRIGHTENINGLY BEAUTIFUL

98.9K 2.9K 1.8K
By divinedutchess

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

   BAILEY HAD PHYSICAL EDUCATION BEFORE lunch. P.E was without a shred of a doubt Bailey's least favourite class. Some may argue that P.E is the easiest class to get an A in but Bailey would disagree. Anything that had to do with physical fitness or sports Bailey was terrible at and when she was bad at something Bailey despised it with a passion consequently abandoning it completely. Bailey hardly ever participated in P.E making it constantly her lowest grade every year always resting at an A (or 90-95%); it was honestly so embarrassing for her. Besides sweating was disgusting to Bailey; it was primitive. They weren't cavemen or neanderthals anymore so why would any modern human being want to exhaust their body by running around like animals? 

The sport that they were playing today in class was volleyball probably one of the worst sports because of the constant movement. Why so much squatting? Why were they using the small Olympic-sized ball (those were so hard)? Why so much jumping? What if the ball hit her in the face and she suffered severe brain damage? Bailey had a multi-million dollar brain—well not yet, but someday in her future, she could guarantee her brain would be worth a pretty penny. She couldn't risk damaging something so valuable. 

"Give me one good reason why I should drag you onto that court right now!" Coach Clapp, the gym teacher yelled in Bailey's face when he saw her sitting on the bleachers drinking from her water bottle as if she had done something. 

Bailey wiped away the spit that had flown on her face. She looked off to the side to spot the divided gymnasium. For those who wanted to play volleyball on the side, this section was mostly comprised of girls. The other half of the gym was filled with people playing basketball, where most of the boys found themselves to be. 

"I'm on my period." Bailey lied through her teeth. Coach Clapp, who happened to be a man, his nose scrunched up in discomfort. 

"Hm, well, you—you can sit this out then," he stammered, his fast splotchy and pink with embarrassment. Bailey merely stared back at him with a blank expression and he cleared his throat and went back to refereeing the game. 

For the rest of the class, Bailey was in pure bliss as she sat back and read from her book instead of playing sports until the end of the period. Bailey was the first person to exit the gym and the only one who didn't have to take a shower because she wasn't a sweaty mess. All Bailey did was change out of her gym clothes and make her way to her locker to fetch her lunch. 

⍣ ೋ

Bella managed to locate Bailey when she was putting her clothes in her locker and switching them out for her food. Bella quickly walked up to her—"Bailey." 

Bailey paused, turning to face Bella while shutting her locker. This was new. Bella hadn't ever made any attempts to talk to her at school before, even back in Arizona. Why was she doing it now? Bailey thought that they had a mutual agreement to act as though they didn't know each other when at school. In actuality, other than their identical last names, Bailey and Bella looked nothing alike so people hardly ever thought they were related. 

"Hm?" Bailey leaned against her locker waiting to see what Bella had to say. Maybe it was something important? 

"Do you want to, uh, sit with me during lunch?" Bella asked her uncertainly. 

For a brief moment, Bailey might have believed that Bella was extending the offer because it was a foreign environment for both of them and it might be more comfortable if they stuck together. However, she spotted Eric at the end of the hall, while looking over Bella's shoulder Bailey was able to deduce that Bella didn't want to be alone with such a talkative person. 

Bailey had already been planning to eat her lunch alone—she needed some time to research her own social battery. As a result, Bailey shook her head at Bella's invitation. 

"I think I'll be fine, thank you," she told her and walked away looking for somewhere other than the crowded cafeteria to eat her lunch. She didn't have anything heavy or messy to eat so Bailey settled on the library to have her lunch. 

She hid her food under her sweater when she passed the library, given that there was an enormous "NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES" sign plastered on the doors of the library. Bailey went to the far end of the room, went into the non-fiction section of the library, took a seat in one of the empty aisles and pulled out her book with her lunch. 

Bailey had a BLT sandwich on multigrain bread with a mixture of different fruit slices for dessert. She leaned her back against the heavy bookcase and brought her knees up to her chest as she ate in the comfortable silence of the library. By this time Bailey was already nearing the end of Goblet of Fire. She had already arrived at the second in which Harry Potter was teleported via portkey to the graveyard—Bailey always found her mind reacting negatively to this particular chapter, mostly because of Cedric Diggory's death. 

She knew that it made her sad but her body just didn't react to it. Just another example of Bailey not being sure how to express the emotions she felt. She couldn't remember the last time she had cried when something made her sad—it was probably when she was a baby. 

The sound of shuffling feet in front of her made Bailey drop an apple slice (having finished her sandwich). She looked up from the book pages. Strangely enough, she didn't see anyone no one standing in front of her. Bailey glimpsed around, attentively, then she noticed him. He was in the aisle next to hers, she could see him through an opening that was created by a few missing books on the shelf. It was the same guy from her History class—Mr. Hale with the ramen noodles hair. 

He'd been watching her. Bailey could tell because when he noticed that she had detected him he looked away instantly and pretended as though he was searching for a book on said shelf. The only problem was that he was in the Latin section and Bailey doubted that he knew how to read the dead language. She observed him, amused at his attempt to look inconspicuous. He had purposely furrowed his eyebrows and was just randomly tracing the spines of the books to make it appear as though he was in deep thought and searching for something in particular. 

At that moment he glanced her way again and Bailey just peered back at him with her natural blank expression. At the time she didn't know, of course, didn't know that he was curious. Curious as to why he could feel positive emotions emitting from her and yet saw no changes in her physically. For instance, presently, he could tell she was feeling joyous and amused—but her body language was apathetic, her eyes stagnant, no laughter not even a smile. 

The bell rang signally at the end of lunch and the two looked away from one another. Bailey shut her container of fruit and shoved it in her pocket as she got up from her seat on the ground and walked away without a comment or second glance at Mr. Hale. She was a bit suspicious of him though—mostly because of his looks. Why was he so beautiful, so frighteningly beautiful? Also, he was so pale, did he never step foot outside? He was almost translucent! Did he always go to the library for lunch or had he just followed her? 

Bailey shook her head. No, it was ridiculous to assume he would go out of his way to do that, especially when he hadn't shown curiosity or interest during class—in fact, it was as if he'd been actively ignoring her then. It was probably a coincidence. 

She made her way out of the library looking down at her watch to view the time. Thankfully she wasn't going to be late for this next period, if she continued at this speed she might end up being early. Bailey strode down the halls that were filling with students on their way to class, she turned a corner to get to her locker only to accidentally run into a brick wall that knocked her to the ground. 

Bailey's book dropped to the ground and her container of fruit fell out of her pocket and hit the ground, spilling the rest of her fruit on the floor. 

"Goddamit," Bailey murmured—her bookmark had slid out of her book when it hit the ground and she'd lost her page on top of everything else. She couldn't understand though, she was sure she was heading in the right direction why did she just walk into a wall? 

Bailey looked up and spotted a group of people staring down at her, she frowned. Why had they been so silent all this time? Bailey hadn't even realized they were there until right now. There were three of them, two girls and one guy. 

The first girl who caught Bailey's attention immediately was exceptionally beautiful. She was tall, statuesque, and has long, thick, wavy blonde hair and golden irises. Bailey thought she kind of looked like a teenage Goldilocks. 

The second girl was small, petite in stature and a bit pixie-like. The girl had a graceful gait and hair that was short, spiky, and dark black. Much like Goldilocks, this girl shared the same pale skin and golden eyes. 

Finally, there was the guy, the so-called "wall" Bailey had run into. He was very handsome, he had a sharp jaw which he was currently clenching showcasing the indents in his cheeks (dimples), his hair was slightly curly and a dark brown colour that Bailey might have just mistaken for black if he wasn't standing under the light. Like the girls his skin was pale and his eyes golden. 

Goldilocks, Goliath, and Tinkerbell... what a sight, Bailey thought to herself. Each of them likely had more attractiveness in their pinkie tip than Bailey retained in her entire body—sometimes life just wasn't fair in these cases. 

"Are you okay?" the small girl (Tinkerbell) was the first to speak after drawn-out silence. Her eyes were shimmer with a sort of unwarranted excitement as she tried miserably to contain a smile. Bailey wasn't sure what she was so happy about, the fact that her giant friend had caused her to fall down? 

Bailey had no words as she looked back at them. She just silently picked up her book gathered all the fallen fruit slices and her container and backed away before walking around the trio. Sensing that it was probably rude to just walk away without saying anything Bailey looked over her shoulder (to find that they were all still staring at her), she cleared her throat. 

"Bye," Bailey said and walked away, throwing the fruit slices in a near trashcan. Once she believed she was out of earshot, Bailey felt chills run up her back and made a slight grimace. "That was so creepy..." 

The rest of Bailey's day was uneventful for the most part. She went to her Biology class which she shared with Bella but they didn't exchange any looks or words with one another and their seats were located on opposite ends of the room. Then Bailey had her other classes—one of which she shared with Tinkerbell who wouldn't stop staring at her with that same eager expression. Bailey felt very uncomfortable throughout that entire period until finally the school day was over and she could escape. 

Bailey went straight up to her room once she got home and collapsed on her bed, instantly starting to feel energized. She jumped to her feet changed out of her clothes and began breezing through her homework until she was finished and switched to reading. By now she had started Order of the Phoenix; a good book that was unnecessarily long in some places.

Oddly enough Bailey could hardly get through twenty pages without her mind wandering off to the events of today. She thought of those people—Mr. Hale, Tinkerbell, Goldilocks and Goliath. Who were they? Why did they all have those same three features, otherworldly beauty, pale skin and golden eyes? Were they related in some way? Bailey hoped not because she saw Goldilocks and Goliath holding hands so hopefully, they weren't family. 

"Only about 5 percent of the world's population can say they have true amber-coloured eyes but even then their irises had a much more golden pigment than natural amber eyes. Plus, it might be gloomy in Forks but how could they possibly be that pale? Do they all just have Albinism that only affects their skin's melanin production?" Bailey found herself wondering. "Also no ordinary teenager is that beautiful, I refuse to believe it... not a blemish or pimple insight..."

Bailey spent a good portion of her afternoon thinking back to those four individuals. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 97 13
Yeah VoxVal lmao im having so many thoughts and someone at my school said i should make this and asked me to do it lol Btw a little warning: There ar...
99.2K 3.2K 20
Hyunjin is a top-tier camboy Chan is a famous rapper and a fan of jinniebaby101 All Hyunjin wants is love All Chan wants is something else *Junkookie...
79.4K 2K 46
Set in Princeton, New Jersey, the best medicine and health research is studied and performed at the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital under the...
232K 5.6K 71
Five years ago the Queen's Gambit went down taking all of it's passengers with, or so the world thought. Oliver Queen survived on an island for five...