Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 11

7.4K 199 5
By zjmfatty

The cold breeze flew smoothly through my hair, as if going through each and every individual strand. Looking over the edge of our cart, I saw crowds of people from our school, which wasn't surprising. From where we were, they all just looked like normal people, even the ones with pink hair and tattoos covering their arms. Everything looked so calm and nothing was out of the ordinary. I wish it were like this all the time, no problems, no drama, nothing that could ever harm you. Well unfortunately that's not how life works, especially if you're some outcast in high school.

Everyone thinks that outcasts can never find love, or ever have anything normal in their life. People think that they're some new kind of human species who have freakish looks and act a different way then everyone else. But the sad part is that outcasts aren't usually like that. They're people too, and they have as much right as everyone else to have a normal life. But no, kids in high school decide not to give that to them. They make the stupid decision to act as if they are superior to others and put those types of people down, making them actually think that they're different from everyone else in a bad way.

"You thought you were supposed to be in love with her?" I repeated his statement, showing that I was paying attention.

"Yeah, but I thought wrong, " He ran his hand over his face, his frown staying in place, "I remember telling you that I didn't know if Quinn actually loved me. I told you that I didn't know if she was with me because I'm Jayce Reynolds, or because I'm just me. And tonight I found out the answer to those unanswered thoughts."

From the look on his face, it didn't look like he got the answers he quite wanted. Before I could ask him how he found out about Quinn and Miles, he beat me to it.

"I was walking past one of the food concession stands to go to the carnival games to try and just kill time, being here wasn't an option for me, the team had to attend in support of the fundraiser. Before I continue, just know that breaking up with her was already a thought in my mind, " I felt him lean back and stretch his arms around the back of the cart, "I ran into your brother, who was with Justin, you know J.C?"

I nodded, obviously knowing who Cameron's best friend was.

"Well he told me to keep my eyes on Quinn, for some unknown reason. I asked him why, but he just walked away with J.C. So I took his advice under consideration and went looking for her."

I could tell that this story was difficult for him to explain to me."I texted and called her multiple times, but she never answered. I didn't want to think that she was one of those girls who dated a guy for their image, but obviously that's all true."

It was heartbreaking seeing how hurt he was. Yeah, Quinn was a cold-hearted snake, but she was someone who Jayce could've loved, and she just broke him.

"When I found her behind the dumpsters with someone who was supposedly one of my best friends, it obviously made me angry. I wanted to do so many things, punch him, yell at her, run in front of a bus because they fooled me into giving them my trust. But there was a feeling in my chest that made me feel happy. Yeah I was upset, but I wasn't completely mad or sad. I felt... relief when I saw them together."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Why would you feel relieved?"

"I guess her cheating on me gave me an excuse to finally let out everything I've been holding in. That was the last straw for me, she pushed me over the edge and I guess the breakup talk came out of me – more like burst out of me."

I placed a hand over his, calming his sudden tenseness, "If you don't mind me asking, what brought up the thought of breaking up with her?"

He seemed to hesitate before he replied, "I've always had a tiny thought back in my head about what it would be like to not be with her. After our talk by the lake, I guess I just started to over think everything her and I have been through. You kind of opened my eyes to the person she really was, especially the person she was to you." 

So it was my fault.

"If you knew who she really was, then how come you never stopped her from being that person?" 

"I'm the type of person that doesn't stop people from being who they really are, even if the real them is a bad person, I can't stop them." He explained, looking as if there was more to what he was saying.

"I don't understand." I stated, oblivious to what he was trying to say.

He sighed, looking up at the dark sky scattered with tiny stars, "I'd tell you what I mean, but I wouldn't want to ruin this moment."

Confused to as what he was referring to, I gazed around our surroundings.

Wow.  

As cliché as it sounds, we were stopped at the very top of the ferris wheel. I let out a breath, a small smile plastering itself on my face. Before I had anything to say about the view from where we sat, Jayce beat me to it, "This is how everything should be."

"At least someone agrees with me." I replied.

"Well maybe we just have a lot in common, " I felt his gaze on me.

He had a small smirk on his face, "Alex, I'm really glad that we've become closer."

"And why is that?" I asked, feeling a slight blush on my cheek.

For the first time since our conversation started, he smiled, a genuine smile, "Because... I don't know."

I'm not going to lie and say my hopes dropped the moment he said that, "You're something Simmons, just something."

I faked a gasp, putting a hand on my chest, "Oh so I'm not classified as a human anymore, I'm some sort of thing? And what is with the new nickname, am I not great enough to have my old one?"

This made him chuckle as the ferris wheel began to turn again, "I have a lot of nicknames for you, and more to come too if you stick by me long enough."

"Well, why wouldn't I stick by someone like you?" I asked rhetorically.

His smile seemed to falter. Our playful conversation just took a sharp turn. He tried to cover it up with a small grin, but failed, "Let's just say that when I get close to someone, they never seem to stick around with me."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not like those people who left you, because as long as you want me around I'm not going anywhere."

This conversation felt like a literal roller coaster. First we started off all serious, then it went to playful, then back to serious. Not only did that describe our conversation, but it also described the way we were together. From the few moments that I actually spent time with Jayce, there was never a dull moment with him. He was such a mystery to me, yet I felt like I knew so much about him. Spending time with Jayce made me feel like a different person. I didn't look at myself as the shy, self-conscious girl who was only known for being Cameron Simmons' stalker younger sister. When I was with Jayce, I felt like I was some chick who had the confidence of a fighter, that can stick up for herself, But the weird thing was the only person I could actually stand up to was Jayce. I felt comfortable around him. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't like a Colton to me, he was someone different towards me. He was a person who opened me up no matter how hard I tried to lock myself together.

"Thank you," He stated, staring straight ahead of us.

"For what exactly?" I replied.

He glanced at me, sending me a heartwarming grin, "For being there for me even though I never asked you to."

"So did you have fun at the carnival?" Cameron asked me, as we both stepped foot into the quiet house.

I nodded, slipping off my sneakers, "Yeah, it was... alright."

I couldn't help but let a little smile creep itself on my face, I felt my cheeks heat up but I tried to cover it up.

He gave me weird look, "Alright? Based off how flushed you look right now, it seems like you enjoyed yourself. And let me guess with who, did you enjoy your lovely date with one of my teammates, by the name of Parker Adams?"

Even though I was already making my way up the stairs, I could sense his smirk on his face.

"For the millionth time, this was not a date with Parker, we went as just friends. You know the term friends? Where two people, same gender or not, with similar interests form a certain bond that causes an outcome of hanging out together with no feelings towards each other at all." I explained to him as if he was some small child.

He scoffed at me playfully, "You know what, I didn't ask for an explanation on what a friend is."

I replied, flashing him an amusing grin, "Well then you shouldn't have jump to conclusions about whether or not I was involved with Parker. And the answer to that question is not, I am not involved with him. Our relationship is totally platonic."

Rolling his eyes, he pushed past me on the stairwell, "Whatever, just if you are, tell me first. I do have the right to know what's going on in your love life, even if it's with one of my teammates."

I followed him up the steps, stopping in the middle of the hallways between our bedroom doors, "Just giving you a heads up, Parker and I will never be more than friends, so that talk about my love life won't happen for a long while."

He ignored my previous statement, moving on to another subject, "Speaking of one of my teammates, were you there to witness the catastrophic break up?"

I held back a laugh at how he said that, "Who didn't witness it? They caught the attention of everyone, even the ones who were on the Tilt-A-Whirl probably wanting to vomit for two reasons, one from the ride and two from how delusional Quinn sounded when she tried to brush off Jayce's breakup talk."

He chuckled, "Personally I'm kind of sad that they broke up."

My eyes widened, "Excuse me?"

"Don't get me wrong, they were nauseating together, but they had a lot of things in common," He said casually.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Well for one, she's a bitch and he's an ass, what's the difference between the two? But I'm just worried for the next naïve girl he sets his mind on." He admitted.

"Surprisingly, I feel the same way Cameron." I replied.

Maybe the next naïve girl will be you. 

Clearly, my inner thoughts are stupid and, oh yeah mentally crazy.

Never in a million years would I, Alexandria Simmons, go out with someone like Jayce Reynolds. I mean sure, he was drool-worthy, and really sweet towards me, but I honestly just don't see it happening.

No matter how much you want it.

Just as we were about to enter our own rooms, he spoke once again, "Although, I highly doubt that he'll rebound so soon."

"And why is that?" I asked curiously.

"Because from all the times Jayce had actually broken up with a girlfriend, he doesn't usually bounce back so quickly. That's actually one of the only things I admire him for." He stated.

"You know, Jayce is not that bad once you actually talk to him and get to know him." I defended him shyly.

He looked at me weirdly, "Says the girl who's known him for like... a week?"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his last comment, "Goodnight Cameron."

I stepped into my room, closing the door, not giving him a chance to say a response. I was so worn out that I had no idea as to what pajama clothes I put on. Lying down on the soft comforter of my bed, I was about to drift off into happy dreamland, when I heard a sound of faint sobbing coming from a distance. Not necessarily in my room, but somewhere near where I was. Ignoring the sound, I closed my eyes, drifting off into darkness. 

-

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE 

Until next time, 

-queenfreakco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
1.7K 39 14
How would you describe Candice Parker? Well, everyone calls her Candy for starters. But she's not always sweet. She can be manipulative and plain rud...
4.1K 138 107
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
1.9K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...