The City Girl & The Seaside B...

Autorstwa writing_with_roses

"Listen darling, when you bump into a handsome stranger you don't keep standing in their way. You apologise."... Więcej

First Meeting
Coffee Shop Chaos
A Trip To The Market
Awkward Chat
Forest Fun
Chester's Stupid Car
Phone Calls And Fun
Shocking News
A Stupid Argument
Fairground Fiasco
Search Party
A Sweet, Drunk Phone call
Sunshine And Love
Adorable Advice
Leaving For Home
*Letter To Readers*

Baking And Mail

119 8 0
Autorstwa writing_with_roses

"When will they be ready?" Ro whined from behind me.
"Have a look at the timer," I said, twisting around to look at her.
"But they've been in for hours!" Denny joined in.
"They've been in for five minutes!" I sighed. "Look, just go play right now."
The twins left the living room, grumbling to themselves and shoving each other.

Tina: Hey, you still there?
Me: Yeah, sorry. The twins are moaning about the cookies.
Tina: Lol. They sound like they moan a lot.
Me: They do.

Tina and I had been texting back and forward since I finished baking. We had exchanged numbers a little while ago but hadn't found an opportunity to talk yet. Tina had asked me if I was going to the fair in a few days. I replied that of course I would be, everyone was so hyped up about it. Stalls were already being set up on the pier along with a few small fairground rides. I couldn't wait, honestly.

Tina: Are you thinking about asking Chester to come with you? You know, like a date?
Me: Ew, no! Why would you think that? :(
Tina: Hahaha, just thought it would be a good idea. ;)
Me: Ugh, don't ever let me ask him on a date. I'd rather die!
Tina: You say that now but I've read enough books to know how this ends.
Me: >:(

I scowled to myself but couldn't help noticing how warm my cheeks felt. I combed my hair back from my face, hoping I hadn't gotten any flour in it. There was flour all over my clothes and arms, unfortunately. There was a loud bang from upstairs and I started, staring up with wide eyes. "You rotten brother!" Ro screeched and I rolled my eyes as Denny began to howl with laughter.

Me: Well, are you going with Toby?
Tina: Maybe.
Me: ...Really?
Tina: I might. I don't really know yet.
Me: I was kind of hoping we could go together. With the cousins of course. I can't leave them behind, unfortunately.
Tina: I'd love to go with you! :)
Me: Great! Hang on a minute there's someone at the door.

I stood up from my spot on the couch and flung my phone onto one of the pillows. Whoever it was knocked again and I hurried to the door, yanking it open. I was surprised to see Chester standing there and I was about to ask him what he was doing when he waved a newspaper at me. "I deliver newspapers, remember?" he reminded, clearly seeing the look of confusion on my face.
"Uh, yeah. But you can just put it through the door," I said, pointing to the letterbox.
"I could but..." he trailed off with a shrug then smirked at my clothes.
"Been doing some baking?" he asked.
"Yeah. Look Chester, about yesterday-"
"It's fine," Chester held a hand up to interrupt me. Then he pulled his arm back and swung it forward, flinging the newspaper over my shoulder like when we first met. He grinned then. "Have a nice day, city girl."

Once I was back inside and the door was safely closed I put my hands to my face in frustration. I heard footsteps down the stairs and I pushed my hair back from my face, locking eyes with my little cousins. "Are you okay, Aria?" Denny asked.
"Yes," I smiled, putting my hands on his shoulders. "Who wants to go check the cookies?"

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

250 50 13
"Arianna, please come back... I need you" he pleaded with tears in his eyes and I scoffed, turning away from him, my arms folded against my chest, an...
799 253 32
Kelsey thought she left her seaside hometown behind her, along with the troubles of her ex boyfriend. Four years on and he's still troubling her. Ret...
139K 3.7K 42
(Book 1) #120 in Teen Fiction Suddenly an awkward silence took over the room and we were like magnets, attracted to the sudden beauty of the of the...
13.3K 1.2K 46
Mia, a young girl from Manhattan falls in love with Liam who was her former bestfriend. However, the day she decided to confess this to her high scho...