Granted Wish

By weirdself

After a fatal phone call from his doctor, Skylar has to make the right decision. But what is the right way to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Special! Nathan's POV
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Special *Nathan's POV*
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
*Special* Nathans POV
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 GRANTED WISH
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 17

10.7K 397 67
By weirdself

"My little sister just walked in onus.", I whisper in disbelief, immediately getting up and locking the door. Nathan was sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall at the other side and watching me closely. "Could have been worse, or?",he asks as I walk back over to him. Yeah, he's right, my mom or my dad would have been way worse. I bury my face into my sweaty palms and sigh or maybe even groan. Why didn't I just stop the first time,how could he have intoxicated me with that kiss so much? I slowly look back up again after my heart has slowed down again. "I'm Sorry.", is the first thing he had said, a sad and embarrassed expression on his features. "It's not your fault.", I mumble,smiling reassuringly. And it's true, it's not.

We didn't do anything like that afterwards, we just talked about the weirdest things or places we've been, things we've eaten and people we've met. It made me forget about that happened earlier and neither Nathan nor my sister brought it up again during lunch. She didn't even give us dirty or let's say knowing looks, she just sat there, ate her food and occasionally small talked with our parents.

Nathan decided to just stay over for the rest of the day but almost refusing to sleep over. Was it because of what happened earlier, or better, what didn't happen. I wonder how far we would have gone if my sister hadn't interrupt us?

"I'll see you tomorrow, baby.",he smiles, pecking my lips with his for a few times, never giving me the chance to return or deepen it. Which is good, since my dad is standing behind us with a blank expression. Well, no, it wasn't blank but not very emotional. "Yeah, I'll see you then.", I smile as well, my hand resting on his hip and drawing just an inch loser to kiss him for real. I didn't even care anymore. He breaks it soon after, amusement next to something he hardly expresses infront of me. Embarrassment. Probably because of the man standing way too close and staring at us. "We'll text.", he states before leaving for real.

My heart aches, itches even, as I watch the door close behind him. Maybe I expected it to open again, for his face to show back up saying that he'll sleep over. I don't understand what he's done to me, I was never so obsessed with one person, not even with Claire.

Oh that reminds me, I could text her and ask if she wants to come over instead. I need someone right now.Slowly, I turn around, my dad still standing there with this half blank expression, it's almost like he wants to say something to me.But what, dad? I can't read your thoughts. "You seem happy with him.", he finally cracks a smile and peels his eyes off of the closed door and onto me. "I am. He just makes me so happy.", I grin . We've had this conversation a few times already, why does he always state the same thing over and over again. Does he not believe me? Does he think I'm lying or being forced into this relationship?"Hey, is it okay if Claire sleeps over tonight?", I ask knowing that she will most likely be at home anyway. "Sure, she's always welcome here, you should know that by now.", he chuckles like I just made a mistake or something. So, is Nathan not welcome here?

With a last nod, I leave him standing there and head for the stairs that lead up to my room, entering with a tired sigh. I don't know what to do or think now. Staring at my bed, I try to picture the way I was straddling his lap, capturing his lips with mine and tugging at his silky black hair. Sensitive scalp.I wonder what it must have looked like for Alex when she entered without prior warning. Was she shocked, surprised? It didn't seem like it when I noticed her for the first time. It was genuine happiness on her face.

I grab my watch which was laying on my night stand, clipping it around my wrist and checking the notification bar. A hand on my shoulder makes me flinch in surprise and thrash around to see my sister standing there, her blonde hair tied up to a ponytail with only a few strands framing her face. She smiles , that kind of warm smile that runs in my mother's side of the family. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for earlier, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys.", she tilts her head slightly, making her hair slip off of her shoulder. "It's fine and thank you for not telling Mom and Dad.", I don't even wanna know how they would have reacted. "Of course, not even I would do something as evil as that.", she grins widely.

Yeah right, you and evil. I simply smile, nodding a few times. "But, there's something I wanted to ask you, I know it's really not any of my business but did you And Nathan... you know... did you two ever go further than... that?",she dodges my shocked expression. She's absolutely right, it's one of her business! "We haven't.", I answer truthfully,feeling slightly heated up in Embarrassment. "Oh okay, I'm sorry,I was just wondering.", she stands there awkwardly before slowly turning around and heading for her own room. Why even did she ask?What could be so interesting in knowing about how far we've gone?

In the end, Claire wasn't even at home, she was at a friends place over the night, or I think even over the whole weekend, I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, Nathan and I started planning our trip, when we'll leave, what I should pack for and checking things with his grandparents, letting them know that there will be another person tagging along and of course his tons of friends . I'm not kidding, he's texted so many different people, too many names to remember. Leslie was the only one that stuck with me Since I actually chatted with her before. It fascinates me that Nathan is such a social guy. How did he end up with someone like me? That's Still beyond me!

The rest of the weekend I occasionally met up with some of the other people I can call my friends. Junia And Claire met up for coffee, dragging me along with them. It was fun but I would have preferred staying at home or over at Nathan's place.

On Monday, my mom called Dr Sheppard First thing in the morning, her voice still tainted with sleep but she wouldn't listen to my father who told her to wait a little. Tobe honest, until I walked down the stairs, watching my mother stalk through the living room and kitchen with her phone pressed to her cheek and her thumbnail between her teeth. Dad had told me who she was talking to, earning a wide eyed look from me. Dr Sheppard told her he'd call back on Friday to let us know when his partner or friend or whatever their relationship is is free. That was almost a reason for my mom to cancel my plans with Nathan but both my dad And Alex had to convince her to let me go anyway. She can just text me the latest date once she knows more, right?

Tuesday was the day, the day I'd go to Nathan's hometown and meet all of his millions of friends. I have tobe honest, I haven't slept well the last night, I was truly nervous about the things that might happen there. Nathan will be over to pick me​ up in a few minutes, my suit case is already packed and placed next to my door and I'm already dressed sitting at the kitchen counter with my mom and Alex, my dad was still in the bathroom getting ready for his day at work. I'm not exactly sure why, but Nathan wanted to leave as soon as possible, saying the drive is quite long and he intended to get there towards noon.

I check the time on my watch, my foot us shaking in a non-existing rhythm, making me even more nervous. 9am. Way too early for summer break. My whole family has decided to get up as well, although my dad is the only one who has to actually go to work. But I guess their antisocial son going away for an entire week is a very big deal. Alex is on her phone, glancing up at me every once in a while. We've never talked about what happened that day and I'm more than glad that she never tried to ask me anything too personal but I still can't believe I've actually answered her.

The two females raise their head at the exact same time, looking towards the door then back to me with smiles on their faces. I simply nod, getting up from my seat and heading for the door where Nathan was standing at the other side. He greets me with kiss, his smile never leaving his lips as they are pressed against mine. "Are you ready to go?", he asks after a few more seconds, grinning at my nervous expression. "Don't worry, baby, my friends won't bite, I promise.", he pushes a hand through my hair,slicking it back slightly.

"I'm not all too worried about that.", I laugh, turning around to look at the entire rest of my family just standing there with huge smiles plastered on their faces.Except for my dad but he did look genuinely pleased with the situation. "Then we'll be going right?", I earn a nod From Nathan and three hugs, one extremely tight. Guess from whom.

"Mom, I'll only be gone for like a week .", I chuckle, gently peeling the woman off of me and towards her husband who, like always, puts an arm around her waist. "I know but still. Nathan.", she adjusts her gaze over to my boyfriend,"You better take very good care of him." I look at him with an amused smile as he utters a confident "Yes ma'am.",

We say our goodbyes before heading for the car, putting my luggage in the back seat next to his. "I'll Call Kalyx when we're on the way. For now, do you want to get something to eat or wait a little.", he asks as we are both seated and buckled up. "I don't mind either way, I'm more tired than hungry anyway.", I admit with a yawn, covering my mouth with my hand. "Then why don't you sleep and we'll get something to eat once you wake up.", he smiles, touching my cheek and smiling at me for a second. I simply nod, closing my eyes already.

Last night I've slept like 3 hours or something, I was way too anxious to even think about sleep. So naturally , I almost fell unconscious the fist few minutes the car engine was rumbling and vibrating beneath me. It wasn't for like an hour later, when my stomach did decide to pitch in and ruin my peaceful slumber. I wake up coughing, chocking on my own spit as I sit up straight and stare over at the driver who couldn't contain his laughter. "Dude, I could have died!", I try to pout but the constant coughing kinda messed that up. Nathan's laughter got worse and the car jerked sideways for a second. "You better concentrate on what you're doing there.", I try to sound like a smart ass,eyeing him closely as he scoffs at me.

I look out of the window instead,nothing but long freeways, a few trees and bushes and dozens of cars.So nothing to really focus on but every once in a while my gaze is fixed to one particular car as I count its passengers, their genders,guess their ages and how packed their trunk is and try to figure out where they might be heading. I'm pretty sure I saw a green van with two little kids, both of them wearing mickey mouse ears, who must have been on their way home from Disneyland.

After a few more minutes of my little game, I turn back to Nathan who also looked at me with a smile."Hungry?", he asks, as he already knew what I was going to say. I chuckle and nod, adding a "That's what I wanted to ask.". We Decide on a drive through restaurant, eating in the car while Nathan Kept on driving.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Look, it's a long ass chapter! Hallelujah! This is actually an old chapter, I wrote this a few weeks ago but i couldn't bring myself to actually update it! Buuuuut! Good news: The Wattpad website doens't delete certain spaces between words anymore! So i can just copy and paste it from OpenOffice! So much easier!!! Much simple. (update : Nevermind it still does that)

Also, i started this 30 Day-Writing Challenge with the Deaf Wish characters, so if you want to read it, I'd upload it as a new book. It contains questions about their pasts, wishes, nightmares and dreams, things i will most likely not write in the actual book.

Would you be interested?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 29.6K 58
Being rewritten! Feel free to continue or check out Born In Silence. **Gay Romance Novel** Owen Randy is deaf and bullied for being 'different' by t...
11.1K 532 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
57.8K 1.7K 15
Leo moves to a new school after getting bullied at his last one for being blind will someone rescue him from this darkness he's lost in, he meets Mat...
1.9K 71 12
(A LITTLE BIT MORE TWISTED THAN YOUR NORMAL BOY NEXTDOOR STORY) Max wakes one morning to discover that he has a new neighbor and their par...