Love Dont Cost A Thing (A Mb...

By lisa_very_mindless

Skyler is a girl that got her heart broken once by a senior boy she gave all her heart to after that she chan... More

"So Fresh"(UPDATED)
"The Jump Off"(Updated)
"Senorita I feel for you"
"We'll be Fine"(UPDATED)
"Fallen"
"I Caught myself" (UPDATED)
"Doing To Much"(UPDATED)
"Reuntied and it feels so....bad!"(UPDATED)
"I Change My Mind"(UPDATED)
"What Makes You Beautiful"
"Losing My Way" Pt.1
"Losing My way" Pt.2 (UPDATED)
It's about time!
Characters Needed(CLOSED)
"The only One"
New Story Update
"I Hate This Part"
"Smile"
"Somethings Gotta Give"
"All for You"
Tonight is the Night Pt.1
Tonight is the Night Pt.2
Tonight is the Night Pt.3
Decode
Unexpected
Foolish
How I feel
Playing for Keeps
Truth & Lies
Repercussion
Bad Faith
Cause for Trouble Pt.1
Cause for Trouble Pt.2
Difficult Circumstances
DownHearted

"Mixed Feeling?"

4.5K 40 6
By lisa_very_mindless

*Sky's Pov-

Today was a tuesday. I wanted to know where Jacob was taking me. Last night i've been talking on the phone with him asking, he just wouldn't budge. I guess I just have to wait. I went to put on a white button up long sleeve shirt, my light jeans jacket and some bleached per-ripped jeans, and my brown leather boots.

I didnt need my paint brushes today. All I have to do is go to first period and have my attendance taken. School wouldn't notice im gone. I walked downstairs to meet up with Lilly to leave.
"I know your usually happy jumping around acting stupid, but not this happy." I said to Lilly walking towards the train station.

"Im going to catch up with Ray today." She said taking out her phone.

"Have fun, just like I said before dont do nothing stupid, or better yet get your old feelings back for him." I said stopping in my tracks.

"Oh gosh Sky, we just going to get something to eat, nothing else. Damn." She said yelling.

"Whatever you say." I say sarcastically. I always do that to people so they could get mad and keep on talking, thinking I dont believe them. Its funny sometimes.

"Sky." She paused. "You know what I have to go." She said taking the train towards Wherever she was going. I just continued on my way.

I got in first period and sat right infront way in the corner. Mr.Matthews never pay attention to the front he always looks straight ahead. He called the attendence. He called me name, Skyler Jennnings and a couple of others.
"Jacob Perez". He announced. My head spun around faster than sonic at a olympic game. I didnt even notice he came in. He gave me a look. Then I saw my phone vibrate.
(Text Message)
Jacob- You ready to leave :)
Sky- Yess.I just dying to know where we going. :/
Jacob- Its a surprise ;)!!
I just looked back at him. He flashed a smile. The first period bell rang. I left the room before anyone could and waited for him to come out the room. Jacob came out the room and held my hands.
"We taking this exit out." I said. He stopped and looked at me."What I know my ways around this school." We exited out the school and began walking. We had to the take a bus to lower Manhattan. When we finally got to our destination there was to a huge building that was kind of old and abandoned.

"You dragged me to a building. Nice" I said giggling.

"Yes. but you havent seen the best part." He said going towards the fire escape. It was a long climb. When we finally got up to the top he covered my eyes before I could see anything.
"What the heck." I said panting from all those stairs. He guided me and then he finally release his hands from my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I couldnt believe what I saw. The view from this building was so amazing. I could see the Brooklyn bridge and the Manhattan bridge with so many skyscrapers touching each other. I couldnt say a word. I was just so mesmerized.

"Sorry, If its a tad bit lame. but I just needed a place were we could talk and get to know each other." He said sliding his hands through his hair.
"Wow, This is just....so amazing." I said smiling looking at the sky.

"So you like the view." He said walking up to me

"I mean, yeah. I cant believe after all these years of being born and raised in New York, You just dont see views like this." I took a seat on the platform that was on the roof. He sat next to me.
"So you love New York, as much as I do." He said raising his eyebrow.

"duh, ofcourse"

"So, tell me bout your life."

"Boy, this aint no interview, and besides you wouldnt wanna hear about my boring stuck up life anyway." I said looking down.

"Isnt that the whole reason I brought you hear, Imma good listener."
I smiled.

"Im an only child, and my dad used to spoil me all the time. Well, my mom would get pissed. Her and my dad would argue constantly, I was around the age of 9 When the arguments started. I would be locked in my room all day. He went to Australia around 2 years ago to study medicine. My mom barely talks to me. She always on her business trips."

Jacob looked at me."When is he coming back?"

"In two more years. I just wish he would come back soon."

He nods."Since you say you were stuck did you always go to public school."

I laugh "Funny you should mention that but I was never used to being around public school, cause I went to private school. Well, when I was around 7 , in elementary school, I used to act mean towards kids. It was hard choosing friends, too. Ronnie was the only person I could trust though. Im not really used to being around alot of my cousin's either. Lilly and I used to go to the same school when we were little but her mom decided to take her out because she couldnt afford the private school payments. Now she lives with me, I cant stand her sometimes, the fact that I have to share my room with her is just horrible."

"Wow, I never knew you were rich, I mean you have a huge house, but I never knew." He said looking at me laughing

"You didnt need to know either." I said. I slapped him playfully laughing

(Lilly and Rays date*)

*Lilly's Pov-
I couldnt wait to see Ray,Its been a year and a half. He texted me telling me to meet him at starbucks. Its like he read my mind because I love me some starbucks. I dressed casually. I wore I ruffle light pink shirt and my white chardigan and some black jeans with my white converse. I wore my red flaring hair loose down. I walked in the store. I saw Ray sitting at the table. As I approached him, he got up and gave me a big hug. I really missed those.

"I missed you" I said taking a seat.

"I missed you too, Ja-dy." He did the same.

"So what school you go to." He asked
"Stanley Jefferson high, best school ever." I replied smiling.

"Tuh, my school better, we have talent."He said laughing. I raised my eyebrow."Oh, here I brought your favorite, Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino with whipped creme." He said handing me the Frappe.

"Thanks, aww you still remembered." I said taking a sip out of the frappe. He laughed.
"Why, do you live with, Sky."

"Ugh, cause her father went to Australia for 4 years. So her mom told us if we could stay with her."

"So you like living with her."

"Dont get me wrong, I love living the life she lives, but she soo, rude sometimes, I try my best to be all happy and perky. We cant even have normal conversation without her rude remarks."

"Wow, she's nice to me."

"hmmm, I see, but who's the lucky girl." I said looking at his phone screen.

"Her name's Ariel, She's the one that had the nice outfit you complimented on."
I knew who she was. "Oh. Her. she's really pretty."

"Yeah, thats her, do you have someone."

"No, not yet, I like him, but I dont know if he feels the same way, his name is Terrance."
I really liked Terrance. He's the one that I went to sleep over that weekend. I had alot of fun. But we'er not official.

"I think you should tell him. If he likes you too, then its a instant click." He said looking out the window. It was kind of weird talking to Ray about this topic. but he didn't matter because he had both moved on, I guess.

"Hey, wanna go to for a walk in the park." I said getting up pulling my pants up.

"Sure." He simply replied. We left Starbucks and headed for central Park. We walked around the park talking. We then saw a bunch of entertainers playing drums.

"Lets go over there." Ray said all excited.

"Naw, Im good." With that being said he pulled me by my wrist and dragged me over to were the men where playing the drums.

"Wanna dance with me." He said still pulling me

"No, Ray, I cant dance for nothing." I said laughing.

"Fine, I'll dance for you." With that being said, he started to break dancing to the fast beat of the drums. The way his body was moving so in sync with the beat was so gratifying . I never really knew Ray could dance like this. Everyone was clapping with the beat. I was too. He then finished and people started putting money in the drummers hats. The drummers thanked him.

"That was so mind-blowing. I never knew you could dance like that." I said smiling at him.

"Yeah thanks , I started after you left cause I wanted to get my mind of things." He said grabbing my hands walking away from the the crowd.

"Oh. Ok." I said. I put my head down. I really didnt mean to move away
"Hey, your here, now." He said looking at me.

"Uh, Ray, can I ask you a question." I said stopping.

"Yeah, what is it."
I felt a tear slid down my cheek.

"Do you still have any type of feelings for me."
"Ja-dy, I cant answer that question, I mean I have a girlfriend that I love dearly." He said whipping the tear away.

"Sorry I asked, Its just that I still wanted to know how you feel about me."

"I mean one feeling could lead to another, I cant have that." He said lifting up my face.

"Its okay, I understand." I said smiling.

"Come, on lets have some more fun." He said dragging me to god knows where. I laughed. I knew Ray has feeling for me still. but he loves his girlfriend. Im not gonna interlude on there relationship, but if she messes up once, and i'll be there to comfort Ray.

*back to Jacob and Sky-

*Jacob's Pov-
"So you spilled milk on her cause she was talking to a boy you like." I said bursting out laughing.

"Uh yeah, I mean I was eight years old." Sky said laughing too.

"ahh, come on, you were that jealous." She crossed her arms looking at me. I couldnt help but laugh some more.

It was nice getting to know her, the real her. The bet wasnt even on my mind. Roc been telling me that he's gonna be paying for every single date we're going on and so on. I really didnt wanna think about that right now.
"You didnt even tell me about, your life yet, Ive been talking all this time." She said getting serious.

"Uh, lets see, I have 2 brothers and a 1 sister. I used to live in Chicago, but I moved here when I was six. I live with my mom. My dad past away when I was twelve years old. I was devastated. My dad taught everything I knew about life. He died cause of a heart disease. Nothing was never handed to me on a silver platter. I had to work for it. I passion for art, grew when was at the age of 7. I was so talented, well I still am. but my dad didnt approve of me always drawing all the time. He wanted me to do some type of sports. I really didnt give up on my talent, nope not for no one." I sighed.

"Im so sorry about your dad." She said moving closer to me.

"oh, its all good, anyways." I looking up at the sky. I didnt notice it was sunset. We've been up here all day.

"Wow, the sunset looks, really beautiful from here" She said leaning on me.
"Jacob, can I ask you something." She said looking up at me.

"sure."

"What if I told you I like you." WOW, she likes me. That was really un expecting because I liked her too.

"I would say I felt the same way." With that being said I went in and kissed her. She took her hands and caressed my face. The kiss was very smooth and her lips were just so soft. I didnt wanna stop. But she pulled away.

"So what does did mean for us." She asked. looking in my eyes.
"I guess its means were official." She smiled at what I said.

"Damn, We been up here for the whole day, I think I should be heading home." She said getting up picking up her book bag.
"oh, I'll walk you." She nodded

We left the roof of the building and went to take the train home. We stopped by her door. She held on to my hands. This was like one of those movies when the guy drops the girls home from a date or something. Next thing you know she'll be saying "I had a great time."

"I had a great time, Today." She said looking at me. And there goes the line. I smiled.

"Yeah, me to." I kissed her one last time before leaving.
"Hey I'll see you tomorrow." She said whispering so her mom cant hear.
I then nodded. I then left.

*Sky's Pov-
Today went great. I cant believe I go out with him know. I felt like screaming. I unlocked my door to see my mom watching tv with Jaden and Auntie Tracy
"Sky, where have you been."

"Oh, Hey, Auntie, and Jaden, oh, I had to stay late at school to help set up for the play." I said lieing.

"Well, I cant wait to see, it." She said all happy.

"Yeah, uh, mom im gonna go take a shower know, Knock if you need anything." I said leaving to go to my bedroom. I Lilly saw sleeping already. It was only 8:26. I went to take my shower and threw on my pj's. I didnt even look at my phone all day. Shocker. I had alot of missed calls. From, Ronnie, Ariel, Austin, and few other of my friends. I decied to call Ronnie back.

*Phone Convo-
Ronnie- Sky why you didnt come to school today.

Me- cause, I listened to you and got to know Jacob better

Ronnie- and where exactly did you go.

Me- Omg, Ron, Its was the most beautiful. He took me on a roof. The view was unbelievable. We talked for the whole day. and then I basically told him I liked him and he felt the same. then we kisse-

Ronnie- Woah, stop it right there, you told him you like him. So your not thinking about your bestfriend anymore.

Me- Aww man. I almost forgot, I have a so called date with him in like a week.

Ronnie- wow you have alot on your hands.

Me-shut up Ronnie, but I have to tell Jacob, since we are going out know.

Ronnie- So you and him are going out, ...now. Im happy for you, but tell me why Roc was acting all weird today.

Me- Like, how

Ronnie- Like, Today, he kissing me all in public were everyone could stop and watch us, I mean yeah, we're a couple but Im not Angie and Prod. Its seems weird.

Me- It is, and you know what else is, you were the one talk about how things are so peachy with you and Roc.

Ronnie- but we were, until today. You know whats weird to, Lexi's been looking at me funny looking.

Me- Ron, just talk to him, hahaa, maybe he was just horny.

Ronnie- Trust, I know when Roc's in the "Mood".

Me- ewww, I didnt wanna know that. but just talk to him. ok

Ronnie- alright fine. I gotta go. Night.
I hung up the fone and prepared for my bed. I couldnt wait to see Jacob tomorrow. I went to sleep dreaming about him

Note-awww, there dates were so cute. Oh noo trouble with Roc and Ronnie, maybe he might just tell her. Do you think Lilly might pull Ray away from Ariel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852K 13.7K 28
Hi, I'm Sam. I was only 14 when I lost a big part of my life but I couldn't keep that holding me back from living a good life. I put up with school...
518K 11.4K 25
Ariana and Briana are best friends and they are always there for each other. Ariana lives in a messed up home and so does Briana. One day they both g...
168K 1.7K 30
Use to be 'True Love Don't Come Easy' (UPDATED AND POLISHED OVER!) This is a love story between you and the boys of Mindless Behavior. Who will be yo...
1.6K 129 20
This is the trilogy to the Unfaithful series. (Look on my page for the 1st and 2nd books) The August family has been through hell and back, but now t...