The Boxer's Kitten (h.s.)

Von goldensunflowers98

Harry Styles was known to be ruthless, merciless, and tough in the ring. He basically lived at the gym, alway... Mehr

Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Fanfiction Awards 2017
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Harry Styles Imagines
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
New Book Alert: Aurelie (Luke Hemmings AU)
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 29

60.7K 1.7K 876
Von goldensunflowers98

"I'm no poet, but for you, I'd burn out all the stars to write you a novel."

Third Person POV

The only sounds in the living room were his quiet crunching of popcorn, the soft background noise from the television, the occasional slurps from their banana milk -from him - and strawberry milk - from her -, and tiny clicks every time her knitting needles bumped against each other. There was not much talking as they were comfortable in the silence and the presence of one another.

Eveleigh had been home for three days now and was finally starting to feel a little better. Currently, her back was snuggled against Harry's chest as she crocheted and knitted soft, multi-colored, baby blankets, a task she hadn't stopped ever since she had passed the baby ward at the hospital after she was discharged and swore she saw one of the adorable, newborn, angels shiver.

Her plan was to make several blankets, hats, and socks for the tiny humans that had just entered this cruel, yet extremely lovely world and make sure they were never cold. Since she had been switched to the new chemo, she felt a lot better, still a little weak but not as much, so she just knitted and crocheted the days away.

Harry's left hand absentmindedly plays with her hair and the other feeds him popped, buttery kernels of corn as his eyes watch the movie in fascination, the moving pictures glistening in his hunter green irises.

"I want some," Eveleigh's quiet voice breaks the silence as she sets down her knitting needles and places her small hand into the large bowl of popcorn. Harry distractedly shuffles the bowl closer so she can reach it easier and places a kiss on the back of her head.

His hand slowly trails to another strand of hair and gently plays with it for a minute but suddenly something feels off, his attention immediately moving from the screen to the back of her head.

His eyes widen significantly when he realizes the strand of hair he was playing with was now detached and laying limp in his palm as Eveleigh unknowingly watches the movie. A small, bald spot took the place of the strand, a striking contrast to the curled
mass of her silky, brown hair.

"U-Uh.." Harry chokes out a few random noises, not wanting to startle her and make her cry. He knew this was coming soon as she just finished her third treatment the day before and none of her hair had fallen out yet, but it still is a little shocking to see it happen.

Eveleigh hums, shoving a small handful of popcorn in her mouth, barely giving him any attention as she jumps lightly at a large explosion that happens on the screen. "Called it," she mumbles after the villain walks out of the smoke and rubble unharmed.

"Uh...E-Evie, baby," Harry taps her shoulder, trying to get her attention. His heart hurts as she turns and her eyes immediately lower and focus on the detached, limp strand of hair.

"Oh..." Her mouth drops slightly as she mumbles the only word she can think of and slowly reaches back to place her hand on the now bald, slightly stinging spot on her head. Her other hand gently grabs the hair out of his palm and for a moment, they both stare at it in shocked silence.

After that brief moment, all hell breaks loose.

Their eyes lock and in a split second, her brown eyes flood with tears and her bottom lips trembles badly. Harry instantly wraps his arms around her torso and hugs her tightly to him, the popcorn bowl forgotten and on the floor with salty, buttery kernels scattered across the carpet.

"You're okay. You're fine. Please, stop crying, baby," Harry repeats the three sentences in random order as the small girl riddled with cancer sobs in his lap.

She didn't want to have no hair again. She remembers the times she was overtaken with anxiety to even walk down the street because she thought everyone was staring at her and she hated it. She didn't want Harry to leave her because she thought she was now "the weak, cancer ridden, bald girl who can die any minute."

He needed a lion, but, to Eveleigh, she was nowhere near that no matter what her forearm had tattooed on it.

Torrential downpours of "no, no, no" rains off her tongue with no signs of stopping as she clutches onto his shirt with tight fists. Harry rocks them back and forth, his own eyes burning as he fights the urge to well up with tears and weep into her shoulder just like she was doing.

Suddenly, her sadness turns to anger and she yanks herself out of his arms and stands. Harry stares at wide eyed as she sobs and screams out her frustrations.

"Why does this always happen to me?! Why can't I have a good, easy life without any pain for once? I'm so tired, Harry! I'm tired!" Eveleigh stomps her foot as that's the only way she could release her anger as Harry frowns up at her.

This was the breakdown he was expecting to happen.

"I finally get some happiness, I finally meet the love of my life, and then, life throws a freaking curveball, and tells me I could die! I know they say life gives you hard times before the good but where is my good, Harry? Where is it? Now my hair is falling out and, one day, you're probably gonna see some pretty girl walking down the street with long, gorgeous hair and she doesn't have cancer and you gonna love her instead of me. Then, I'll be all alone and die without you loving me anymore because who loves a girl with cancer?"

She finishes her rant by grabbing a nearby vase and throwing it at the wall, the shattered pieces matching the broken pieces of her soul. She pants, tears streaming down her face, as she glares at the fragments of glass all over the floor.

Now, Harry was mad.

"Eveleigh Fiore DeLuca, how dare you trust me so little?" He snaps, making Eveleigh's attention quickly turn to him as she bites her lip.

She suddenly realizes how bad her words just sound and she feels horrible in an instant.

"Do you not see how much I love you? How much I worship and adore you? Am I not showing you enough? Tell me now and you will never feel this way again," he stands, taking her face in his hands and staring into her eyes with desperation.

How could she think he would ever leave her?

"I... I just don't want you to feel stuck with some sick girl..." She sniffles as he shakes his head.

"I love you. Did you hear that? I love you, woman. You are mine and I am yours. No matter what life throws at us, nothing will change that. I couldn't bare to be in anyone else's arms and I'd kill a man that ever touched you so we are stuck together, baby," Harry smiles as his words get a little giggle out of her.

"You promise you won't ever leave me?" Eveleigh asks, looking pleadingly into his eyes.

"I promise," he whispers, sealing his promise with a kiss.

_____________

"Ignore them," Harry orders Eveleigh as he grips her small hand in his as they walk though the gym at the club. Eveleigh nervously plays with her small beanie that was covering her newly shaved head as the men in the gym stare sympathetically.

The night before, after much crying when she found another chunk of hair gone, Harry helped her onto the bathroom counter and helped her shave off the rest.

To make her feel a bit better and get used to the razor, he even let her shave the sides of his hair, leaving the top longer. He did tell her to shave it all off so she wasn't alone, but that earned him a smack and a "Don't you ever shave off your beautiful hair, mister. You're already balding. You need all the help you can get," which made him gasp before tickling her until she begged for mercy.

By now, everyone had heard about what happened. Harry refused to go anywhere without her so it was now the new normal that if you saw Harry, Eveleigh wasn't too far behind and vice-versa.

So now, when Eveleigh wanted to bake in the club's kitchen, Harry was right beside her and whisking away. He now knew how to make a lemon tart like a pro and don't even get him started on his banana cream pie.

And whenever Harry was practicing in the ring, Eveleigh stood right beside it with his water bottle and a damp rag, wincing every time someone got a decent hit in.

Ever since that man had put his hands on Evie, Harry had taught her some self defense. Everyone thought it was adorable as she stood next to the ring and mimicked the moves that Harry was doing off in her own little world. That is until she got too dizzy or weak and had to sit down, which is normally when Harry stops the practice and they head home to snuggle on the couch.

"Hello, boys," Harry calls as he nears the four lads along with the newly announced, pregnant Cheryl. Eveleigh gives Cheryl a sweet smile and receives one in return as she hobbles over to her. Cheryl always felt bad for Eveleigh and never got into the devious plans Gigi and Danielle got into. Smart move too as she hadn't seen them since that gruesome night.

"Ready to go eat?" Harry asks, earning eager nods from all the boys. They turn to exit but are soon cut off by a yell for Harry.

Turning, they see a weak Will hand in hand with Kendall Jenner dressed in exercise clothes with a smirk wide on her face.

"Harry, remember how you set up private boxing classes?" Will asks as Harry's face drops and he nods lightly. Eveleigh looks up at him with a frown, all of her worst nightmares coming true, as she grips his hand tightly.

"Well, meet your new student. She paid for private lessons from you every day from three to five," Will smiles, unknowing of the chaos he just caused.

____________

Hope you liked this chapter! Please leave your opinions and comments as I spend my time writing for you!

Just a little filler chapter for you guys!

Questions!

1. Favorite part of this chapter? Saddest part of this chapter?

2. What do you want to see next chapter? What do you want to see more of?

3. What do you think is gonna happen with Kendall?

4. What kind of drama do you think will happen in the future?

5. Ideas you want to share? (need some asap)

6. Anything else you want to say can go here!

All the love. x

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

31.1K 1.6K 46
[EDITING] THEN: Athena Scott always had excellent grades in high school, is pretty on the outside, and was admired by many people. However, due to he...
46.5K 3K 12
Louis hated Harry. He was walking around like he was superior, thinking he was so hot and sexy. Well, Louis could see right through it. They had been...
1.2M 19.2K 77
*MATURE CONTENT* (18+) PLEASE DON'T COPYRIGHT "Go fuck yourself Harry! this conversation is over you need to leave" I hate him so much, but I seem t...
880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...