The Armored Warrior

By ArkenSenpai

Your father has gone missing for almost a year now. You were cleaning out your attic until you found somethin... More

Chapter 1- Remnant
Chapter 2- The Armor
Chapter 3- Beacon
Chapter 4- The previous visitor
Chapter 5- Friends
Chapter 6- Initiation
Chapter 7- Myths and Legends
Chapter 8- Official
Update
Happy New Year
Chapter 9- Lead
Chapter 10- Missions
Grimm Eclipse Request
Chapter 11- Maze
Chapter 12- Nightmares, Or visions?
Chapter 14- Messages
Message to the readers
Chapter 15- Neo
Chapter 16- Bounty
Chapter 17- Perspective
Chapter 18- Former Glory
Chapter 19- Lies from a dead man
Chapter 20 Prologue- A cup of Tea
Chapter 20- Regiment
Chapter 21- Cella
Chapter 22- Reunion
Chapter 23- Mirror Mirror

Chapter 13- Belonging

3.9K 44 12
By ArkenSenpai

The nightmares haven't stopped, but the more they happen the more i realize they are just nightmares. But each time they happen something new appears in them, the main thing i believe though is seeing this giant floating dome? Arena? I cant really tell what it is. I look at that dome thing in the sky, during this nightmare, i will figure out what that is. In each nightmare i figure out a pattern to how things go, kinda like a video game. But this time, I'm going to play by my rules. I activate the shield on my left arm of my armor, and run in the direction that it is. 

I pass by many shops, blocking grimm and killing them, dodging attacks and avoiding these black liquid creatures; I've started to call them Blind Nightmares, or blind grimm, BN BB, that sort of thing. Anyways i dodge an attack from a BN and slide to the right of it, i bring my axe down on its head. I am greeted with a satisfying scream from it as it melts into a puddle. I turn and continue to head to the dome. I'm turn a corner and see the ramp heading up into it, i see many hunters and huntresses fighting off grimm, but they are losing. I run by them, i can hear screams, howls, everything. I entered into this dome, and my questions are answered, it is an arena. I hear a scream, but it wasn't human. I turn and ready myself, shield at the ready and axe in hand. This Blind nightmare is large, larger than the one from before. Its dragging its back side, its body deformed, like a child slapping clay together and calling it a lion. The most noticeable feature is that it has a grimm mask, but its broken. It slams its hand down, creating a puddle beneath its palm. Out from this puddle emerge grimm, beowolves, pouring like liquid out. The first one reaches me, i slam my shield into its face, a crack echoes, i spin and slice it in half with my axe. I bring my axe up from the side, slicing another in half. I continue fighting for my life. 

But the grimm dont stop, i leap back and get a quick view of whats going on. The beowolves are still coming at me. I hear a gunshot, i look to my right and see Ruby standing there with Prryha, picking them off. Out from the entrance emerges the rest of team RWBY and JNPR, charging at the grimm. I get a call on my hud, i can see Ruby and Jaune. 

"We got the grimm under control!" Ruby says

"Yeah! You go get that..thing" Jaune says after Ruby. 

I smirk and thank them before turning off comms. I raise my shield up and charge through the middle of the grimm, knocking them to the sides. I retract my shield and hold my axe in both hands. I see the creatures arm, i swing my axe to the side, leaving a deep cut in its arm, i swing again from the left, then right. Multiple times like a lumberjack. With the final sweep its arm is cut off, it falls on its face...well what i presume to be a face. I leap up and bring my axe down hard on its head, i repeat this many times. I feel my axe hit something hard, solid ground. I cut straight through its head. I can hear a cheer from behind me, as both RWBY and JNPR had defeated the grimm. 

i let out a sigh of relief 'This doesn't seem to much of a nightmare anymore' I laugh a bit. A sharp pain shoots through my side, i look down and see a spear of black liquid emerging from my side. I look behind and see a black figure standing behind me. I hear screams in front of me, i look to see both teams being stabbed, when Weiss is hit, i wake. 

My heart is pounding, my head hurts. I sat up and placed my head in my hands, trying to calm myself. I grab my notebook and write down what happened in this one. I keep this notebook nearby, i started recording these nightmares after the 5th or 6th time they happened. I made sure to point out that arena, it seems important. I might ask team RWBY about it. I've started to get use to these dreams, I still get sleep but i have been waking up more tired than relaxed. I went and got it checked out, the doctor prescribed me sleeping pills, but they don't help. I haven't hallucinated in awhile as well. 

I was sitting in Ports class again, reviewing my notebook. Port was going off again on his 'Mystical tales' of his childhood...he really should teach us instead. I look back at my notebook, chucking a bit. Jaune and his team are basically asleep while team RWBY is getting there. Weiss lays her head on my shoulder and grabs my arm. I look over at her and see she is asleep. I look back at my notebook.

I have started to see a small pattern, each dream begins with the 'Attack of Vale' as i like to call it. But each dream i get further and further into it. As if its telling me something. But each dream as well ends with the deaths of my friends. That sends a shiver down my spine. I reach for Weiss' hand, i hold it tight. I could feel her respond by squeezing as well.
I hear a muffle sound beside me. I lean closer to Weiss. "Don't leave me" she says quietly.

I hadn't actually thought what would happen if i found a way home... I've just been going with the flow, enjoying each moment as it passes in this world....That thought struck me hard, like a dagger in my heart. I guess we'll see what happens really, enjoy everything now while it happens. I look at Weiss again and smile. I put my notebook back in the pocket of my tunic, lay my head on Weiss' and fall asleep.

I'm awoken with the sound of the bell. I look around and see everyone getting up to head for their next class. Weiss wakes up as well, she looks at our hands intertwined. She smiles and looks at me, she pecks my forehead before saying that we need to get to Goodwitches. I nod, i grab my gear, and follow behind the two teams.

A large smile forms on my face. Im lucky to have met such amazing people, such amazing friends. I chuckle a little.

But there's that dagger again, being pushed further into my heart. What will happen when im gone? What will they do? What....what will i do? For the small amount i have been here, i feel truly connected to them. I cant bear these thoughts of leaving.
I hang my head low.

"You alright?" I hear Ruby ask. I look up, to see both teams looking at me, concerned looks on their faces. I feel something roll down my cheek. I smile, extend my arms and grab them all in a hug.

"I...i don't want to leave, i feel belonged here" i say. I feel their arms wrap around me. Weiss buries her face into my chest.

"With the time you have been here, i feel as if I've know you longer. I don't think we want you gone" Ruby says. I heard them all agree.

"You're like family to Ruby and I" Yang says, Ruby nods.

"(Y/N), the same goes for me, you feel like the brother i never had" Jaune says, placing his hand on my shoulder. Prryha nodding in agreement

"Ren and I agree with Jaune and Yang. With the time you have been here, you mean a lot.." Nora said, looking at Ren and giving you two thumbs up.

"You don't discriminate against Faunus, you're kind hearted, you care about others. You care about us, you do feel like a brother to me as well." Blake says, patting your shoulder.

"You already know my answer" Weiss says, burying her face deeper into your chest. You kiss the top of her head and pat it. You sniff and say that you should probably get to class. They agree, but after they hug you again. Weiss doesn't let go of your hand the whole way there.

The rest of the day goes by pretty quickly. Right now you're in team RWBYs room, hanging out. You're laying in Weiss' bed reading your notebook. You hear shuffling above you and see an upside Ruby face starring at you.

"Whatcha doing?" She asks curiously.

"Im debating on rather i should tell you, upside woman." You chuckle at the end.

Ruby appears standing upright pretty quickly, as rose petals float out the window.

"How about now?" She asks, you have a shocked face.

"It still shocks me that you can do that..." you say, you sigh and were about to tell her, but you decided to tell the rest of her team. Better to tell them all.

A few hours pass by, and you told them everything... everything.

They all sat there, letting the information soak in.

"So these are dreams correct?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, dreams....i think" You respond

"It maybe visions...or a warning...just as an idea, throwing it out there."

"I thought the same thing, I've been on high alert lately really."

"Hmmm, i think we shouldn't really worry about it to much now, if they get worse we tell Ozpin." Ruby says.

"Ozpin does have a keen sense for these sort of things" Yang adds in.
"For now, if you want too, you can spend the night here for as long as you want, it doesn't bother me."

Ruby nods, you look at Blake and she nods as well. Weiss grabs you hand.
"I agree, you can sleep with me."
You heard a little peep, and look to your right and see 2 red faces, and Yang grinning widely.

"You know what i meant!" Weiss yells back.

"Let me grav my camera!" Yang says, getting up. You laugh at Yangs response.

"No you dont!" Weiss yells back.

"Why a camera?" Ruby asks, looking at Blake.

"Nevermind that Ruby" Blake says, her face turning red.

"Im asking you because of your bo-" Ruby says before Blake is covering Rubys mouth and turning as red as Cresent rose.

You just sit there laughing.

-Authors Notes-
IM NOT DEAD! NOR HAVE I GIVEN UP ON MY STORIES! Hahah anywho
Deeply sorry for such a long wait. I've had to step up and push myself into overdrive for school. Basically I've "upgraded" my courses so i can get better ones for next year.
Anywho ill try and do my best to update more.
Once again, sorry!

-ArkenSenpai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 551 13
Rewritten as I got a better idea. A child left at a doorstep of a reliable person. Left by his mother thinking that she didn't want him but later the...
7.3K 50 29
Y/N L/N was a young man who had big dreams. He dreams to become the best Huntsman in all of Remnant. For some bullshit reason, he's been expelled fro...
10.5K 103 9
Escaping from Gallifrey, the renegade Time Lord known only as Y/N regenerates in his crashing TARDIS, plummeting down to Remnant. What lies in store...
164 1 6
A young man from Texas was on his way to meet his father at a hunting camp, when all of a sudden, his truck got pulled into a portal straight for an...