Ice and Snow

By Vireen

Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the mo... More

Ice and Snow
Chapter One: The First Day
Chapter Two: The Sister
Chapter Four: The Apology
Chapter Five: The Twins
Chapter Six: The Cave
Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers
Chapter Eight: The Ice Powers
Chapter Nine: The Park
Chapter Ten: The Early Winter
Chapter Eleven: The.....Date?
Chapter Twelve: The Warmth
Those Feelings ( Special Chapter )
Chapter Thirteen: The Love
Chapter Fourteen: The Holidays
Chapter Fifteen: The Suite
Chapter Sixteen: The Friend
Chapter Seventeen: The Birthday
Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake
Chapter Nineteen: The Letter
Bring Him Back (Oh, Lookie, Another Special Chapter)
Chapter Twenty: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty One: The Family
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cousins
Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party
Chapter Twenty Four: The City of Love
Chapter Twenty Five: The Brother
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rejection
Finally (Lastie Specialie Chappie)
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Chapter Three: The Saturday

12.3K 419 187
By Vireen

Chapter Three: The Saturday

Aesha's POV

I lay on my bed, staring at the huge ice snowflake stuck on my room's ceiling. I lazily took off the gray shirt I was wearing that was a couple sizes bigger, revealing my white tank top. Aaahhh. Much better.

Letting the cold chill run from my feet up to my head, I leaned back on the cold hard wall. I wore my hair down, showing the tangled strands of my straight light brown hair. I raised my hand, releasing a cold mist to cool the room. I don't need an air conditioner because was the air conditioner. After all, my initials were A.C.

I thought about yesterday when Cole almost caught me with my powers. Almost. Well if it wasn't Autumn then I would've beat the fudge out of him. If my ice powers weren't a secret to him then I would've froze his annoying little brain. I mean, why did he have to be there? Didn't he have girlfriends, guy friends and getting drunk to attend to?

How could Cylene live with him?

Cole Rogenson has always been the popular guy along with Willow. The Mr. Good Looks, the hot one, the one with dark brown hair and ash black eyes. What is wrong with people always can't get enough of him? They'd be better of praising the Purple Angels. Seriously.

I grabbed my laptop and browsed my messages. I saw one from Cylene that was sent a few minutes ago.

PurpleGuitarist: Hey you up for the mall today?

I sent a message answering her invitation:

ElsatheIceQueen: No thanks. I don't want to see your brother

PurpleGuitarist: Why not? Did something happen?

I realized my mistake of telling her that. She's going to be so suspicious and she'll kill me if she found out the bathroom incident.

ElsatheIceQueen: It just puts me in a bad mood whenever I see him. I'll go if he won't be there.

PurpleGuitarist: Okay then. How about we avoid him? We can just chillax.

I let out a sigh of relief. She didn't suspect any more.

ElsatheIceQueen: Alright. I'll invite the others.

PurpleGuitarist: K, I have to go. Meet you there in thirty minutes.

Then she logged out. I realized Brent and Kennedy were online.

ElsatheIceQueen: Hey guys.

KKKNerd: Hi there

TheBFGuy: Yo

ElsatheIceQueen: Cylene and I were wondering if you guys are free to go to Jini

KKKNerd: Yeah. I'll go.

TheBFGuy: Shore

KKKNerd: How was the party yesterday, Aesha? Did you have fun not spending your night in guilt?

TheBFGuy: What? What were you talking about?

I rolled my eyes. Brent wasn't listening at all during our conversation last night.

KKKNerd: Aesha went to yesterday's party to 'accompany' Sean and Shaelon. I was asking her how it went.

TheBFGuy: oh.

KKKNerd: So how was it?

ElsatheIceQueen: I don't really wanna talk about it

TheBFGuy: Why not?

ElsatheIceQueen: Because of Cole

KKKNerd: Ooooh, is something going on?

ElsatheIceQueen: What the heck, Ken? Are you saying what I'm thinking?

TheBFGuy: You like him?

KKKNerd: Oh my God! Aesha has a crush!!!!

ElsatheIceQueen: Kennedy Kate Keldridge, shut up!

TheBFGuy: Why do you like him?

ElsatheIceQueen: I swear guys, if I can reach you right now, I would freeze you to death.

KKKNerd: Do you hate him? Or do you want to hate him?

ElsatheIceQueen: I hate you >:(

ElsatheIceQueen logged off.

What has gotten into them? Why would I ever have a crush on Cole jerkface Rogenson? I'm not sure I would go there if they're going to tease me like that. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Cole's POV

Yesterday, yesterday, yesterday. The scene played in my mind like a video tape going on forever. I thought about that girl, Aesha. How we both hated each other, how we always fought. I've never actually paid any attention to my sister's friends especially her. But now, there was curiosity in me. Because of her.

I went to our living room, expecting to see Cylene. True enough, she was there with her laptop. 

"Hey," She said, her eyes glued to the laptop.

I summoned a flame on my palm and sat next to her. "Warm enough?"

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks."She said absentmindedly then slammed her laptop shut.  She had that suspicious look on her face. This was not good. 

"What?" I asked.

"Did you and Aesha talk yesterday? At the party?" She asked.

"Yeah. Before you rudely interrupted us." I replied.

Cylene ignored my teasing and shook her head. "No. After that."

"I looked for her and found her in one of the bathrooms. We argued a little then she left."

"That's it? Why on earth will you look for her like that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Just out of curiosity, I guess."

She leaned back on the couch and spaced out for a few seconds. Then she asked me the most ridiculous question, "Do you like Aesha?"

 I put out the flame. "What?! No! I will never like her. I have a girlfriend, remember?"

"A girlfriend you don't seem to love." She mumbled.

"Shut up, Cy!"

I swear I saw her smirk a little. "Are you sure you don't like her?" She asked again just to clarify.

"I hate her." I meant that entirely.

Thankfully, she sighed and headed for the kitchen while my phone went off.

"Hey, man." The voice on the other line said. It was Dan, one of my friends.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Let's go to Jini. Don't worry Willow won't be there. Just hang out, look cool." 

"Yeah, sure I'll go." I said.

I went to the kitchen where Cylene was.

"Hey sis, give me a ride to Jini."

~~~~~~

 Aesha's POV

I entered the cold mall, inhaling its cold cold cold scent. Aaaahh.....the smell of Autumn. People were everywhere, but not too crowded. Jini was always the perfect teenage hangout not just for Cylene, Brent, Kennedy and I, but also for the whole school. Even half of the population here are teenagers, Kennedy once calculated. It was hard to agree with this statement because the proof was in front of my eyes.

Teens were chatting around, sometimes walking in groups. They would buy shakes, smoothies, pizzas and of course for the girly girls, there was the department store to shop from. Some would sit at the edge of the large fountain at the center of the mall. Guys would show off and girls would flirt. Yes, this was San Francisco.

Someone tapped me at the back. "Aesha!" Kennedy greeted with Brent behind her.

"Hey guys," I said.

"How's lover girl?" Brent asked, nudging me. I grabbed his wrist and gripped it tightly. With my narrowed eyes, I stared at Brent. I felt my irises turning blue and the frost creeping up from my hand into his. 

"Okay, okay, Aesha. Let me go! It's so cold!" Brent pleaded.

I released him from my grasp and watched him rub his cold little hand.

"Aesha, did you forget our number one rule?" Cylene appeared, warning me.

"I know, I know, no using powers in public, Mom." I rolled my eyes. 

I looked around, hoping not to see Cole anywhere. "Don't worry," Cylene assured me, "Cole's not here."

Behind me, I can hear Kennedy giggling. Cylene raised an eyebrow questioningly. I just shrugged like I don't know what was it all about.

"So, do you have a gig today?" I asked while eyeing her guitar which she brought.

"Nah. I was thinking maybe we could have karaoke?" Cylene suggested.

"Ya. That'd be great." Kennedy agreed.

~~~~~~~

The stage was used for bands' 'concerts. They earn money and fame that way. Other times, there are singing or dancing or talent competitions held there. Or, it could just be used for fun, for karaoke.

As soon as the stage was in my sight, I started excitedly for it but Cylene stopped me. "No, Aesha. You can't sing. Remember the last time you've sung?" She reminded me of the time I froze their attic and we had an argument about it.

"It's okay, Cy. I can control my powers alright." I was seventy percent sure.

"Aesha, that was when we were alone," Cylene said, spinning a finger to indicate Brent, Kennedy, me and herself, "and this is in a mall. You can't sing." 

I crossed my arms over my chest. It was so unfair, but I did agree.

Brent and Kennedy disappeared to the stage, joining the line of singers. Thanks to Cylene, the three of us were equally good in singing. Not really that good for Hollywood but we treat singing as a hobby. Brent and Kennedy were always better as a duet. I don't know why.

Cylene led me to a hangout restaurant. I'd never eat anything burning, not hot coffee, not hot chocolate, not a warm slice of pizza with pepperoni and never anything spicy. Ice cold coffee, chocolate shakes and soft served ice cream with the best toppings ever was for me. 

"What do you want?" Cylene asked me when we reached the restaurant's counter. 

I scanned the menu and decided to have, "One medium caramel-mocha smoothie please."

~~~~~~~

Cole's POV

I thought about ditching my friends. And I did.

I wanted to have some alone time, Time to think about things, to clear my head. Whenever Willow's not here with me, everything seems relaxing.

Speaking of relaxing, it's fire, heat, warmth. It's like when it's raining outside and inside your warm and cozy house, you're relaxing on a recliner with a cup of hot cocoa and the crackling fire is in front of you.

But the relaxation was gone by the time I entered Jini. 

It was like Autumn went inside the mall. And I thought Jini was supposed to be comfortable. I put on my jacket, hoping not too see weird girl. Cylene got off her car too and went inside. Surely Aesha's going to be here, too.

I went somewhere safer, somewhere I couldn't be seen. But this is Jini. There's not a single place without people in it. So much for lighting a fire. But at least I can get a pizza.

I went to the best pizza place there is.I ordered my favorite: A pepperoni pizza with extra hot sauce. 

Everything was going fine until Cylene talked to me.

She sat on the seat across from me while the third slice of pizza was halfway to my mouth. She rested her feet wearing black combat boots on the table. Then she opened her box of pizza and nibbled a piece.

"Do you mind?" I complained. 

"Shut up. I'm hungry." She said.

~~~~~~~

Cylene finished eating her pizza a few minutes later and so did I. She put her feet back down and leaned forward. 

"Cole," She said.

"What?" I said, unwilling to talk with her. Can't annoying sisters leave you in peace?

She stared at me with her dark eyes. Her hair was fashionably messy which was colored black with purple highlights. "Are..are you okay?"

"Maybe you should ask yourself that, Cy. You're the one acting weird." I insulted her.

She ignored my complaining. Again. "Do you notice anything....weird?"

I nodded. "Yeah, you."

"Could you stop being so angry?!" She snapped.

"Have you lost your memory, Cy? You know how I am during winter and autumn."

"I know you get grumpy, but this time-"

"Just leave!" I shouted. And she did.

~~~~~~~

A crowd was gathering around the stage. I recognized the two people singing were Cylene's friends. They were singing 'Good Time' by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen.

But clearly wasn't having a good time.

The crowd was made of only a few people. But they seemed amused. I squeezed to the front to get a better view. They're voices aren't bad, I must admit. Of course Cylene was their mentor. At the table near the front, I saw her.

She wore a cute oufit. An outfit that was ridiculous to wear in a cold Autumn day. Her right leg was crossed over her left and she was watching them enthusiastically while drinking a smoothie. 

She suddenly left her seat and started walking to my direction, spaced out.

Then she bumped into me. 

"What the- Cole! Watch where you're going!"

"Oh, excuse me, weirdo, I wasn't the one spacing out!" I fought back.

She put her hands on her hips. "Weirdo? Maybe you're talking about yourself?"

"Just apologize, and we can get this over with!"

"I wasn't the one blocking the way was I?"

"You-"  "GUYS!"

Cylene interrupted us. Man, she can pop up anywhere. We both stopped and faced her. Anyone who knew my sister doesn't want to see her mad. Right now, she's clearly pissed off. She shot us both warning looks.

That's when I realized that  faint red light was coming out from my fists.

"AESHA, GO HOME!" Cylene commanded, "And you're coming with me." She took my wrist and dragged me to the parking lot.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Author's Note: 

1.) Dear M, (the same M)

I don't want you to use your psychic powers on my books anymore, mmmkay? It just spoils everything! Got that daughter of Apollo? Your psychic powers are no touchie touchie on my books. It just kills my secrets. It's more fun to leave your readers hanging and watch them beg for an update.

Sincerely, 

The daughter of riches and a follower of light

2.) This chappie is dedicated to Mit 'cause she's fun, funny and unique(in a good way). Mit, this is for you.

3.) Just an announcement:

Remember the time I asked (or V did) people to choose 3, 4 or 5? Well then, 5 won (happy now, V?) I'm not going to say why I asked but I decided to include 3. So it's 3 and 5 ;)

-Vireen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 6 55
Adalyn is on a journey to find someone, someone she didn't know would change the course of her life. Someone who would change the dynamic of her fami...
2.1K 47 20
This story is all about a lovely, beautiful girl with 5 brothers with her!! She is always a bubble girl and a true making of sunshine!! Who wouldn't...
38.3K 1.3K 27
"I stared at my father with the most blank expression imaginable, my jaw hanging open. Either he was full of blasphemy, or the words that had just be...
299K 8.2K 27
Aurora Grimm is the sister of Ben Grimm. She grew up along with him and Reed, with them igniting in her a love for science. So when they were adults...