Behind Bars

By HeroesAngel

“Looks like we're stuck together, sweetheart.” he said with a devilish wink. Crystal “Chris” Thomison has ju... More

Behind Bars
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14

Chapter 1

966 24 6
By HeroesAngel

Chapter 1:

“Shit! You little vixen!” Jay shouted as I stomped on his foot that next morning.

“That's what you get for thinking that you could try to do stuff to me when I'm sleeping!” I then punched him as hard as I could in the stomach. “That's what you get for being an ass.” I then slammed my elbow in his face. It collided with his nose, which instantly started bleeding. “And that's just cause I don't like you.”

“You bitch!” he says. Next thing I know, he has a hand in my hair. Soon I find myself jerked back, then forward, forcing me on my knees.

I jerk my head back. My head hits him right where the sun don't shine. He falls to the ground, groaning in pain. I quickly stand up, only to have him hit me in the back of the legs making me fall onto the ground again.

Soon we were pulled off of each other by two guards. They had to hold me back from attacking him again.

“Easy there, chica,” the Hispanic guard holding me said. To my surprise it was a female. She was a little over weight, but to be honest I was pretty sure it was all muscle. She held me back easily.

“Let me at him!” I said, trying to resist as hard as I could. I was literally throwing all of my body weight into trying to get away from her.

She didn't budge a bit though. “It's breakfast time, you two are to be escorted to the mess hall to eat.”

We instantly stop fighting the guards. Food. My stomach growled at how good that sounded. Prison food it shitty but when you're starving, you'll eat anything.

The guards led up to the mess hall. On the way other prisoners were let out of their cells. We were forced into a neat thin line as we walked. None of us looked back, we weren't allowed to. Facing forward was really the only option we had.

Once we were in the mess hall we were lead to the lunch lines. Unlike in high school, we weren't allowed to complain where we were at in line. We just had to deal with it. If we got cut, then we would either get beaten up or sent to solitary if we complained about it. Keeping your mouth shut was mandatory. The only time you were allowed to talk was when you were sitting at your table or back in the safety of your cell.

I sat down at an empty table. Quickly, I ate my food before anyone else could get it.

Then some guy comes over to my table. “Your at my table.” he says.

I swallow my food. “So?”

“So, get the hell away from my damn table.” he snaps.

“Well touchy aren't we. Someone has mommy issues.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. “Listen, mama's boy, I'm not getting my ass up, so you can just put a straw in your juice box and suck it.”

“What did you just say?” he asks, eye starting to twitch out of anger.

“I'll put it in easier terms. Put. A. Straw. In. A. Juice. Box. And. Suck. It! Comprende?” I asked, pronouncing my words slowly.

He jumped across the table and tackled me to the ground. My fist collided with his eye as he brought my shoulders up to slam my head against the floor. Suddenly he was ripped off me. Not by a guard though. No, instead it was Jay.

“Back down, Wallace.” he threatens. I do have to admit, he can be pretty intimidating. I'm not scared of him though. I've faced more terrifying people who make him look like a soft kitten.

The guy trying to beat me up, Wallace, just walks away after grabbing his stuff. I brushed myself off, rising from the floor. I sat back down in my seat.

Jay sits down in front of me. “Are you stupid or something?”

“No, are you?” I ask. “I have a IQ of 129, believe me, I'm not stupid.”

“Well you must have no common sense. Don't you know not to attack gang members?” he scoffs.

I shrug. “Gang or not, they piss me off I'll beat the shit out of them.”

“You. Are. A. Girl!” he says furiously. “Leave the fighting to the guys, little girl.”

I get up and slap him in the face. “Call me a little girl one more time and I'll give you hell to pay.”

“Crystal Thomison.” says the Hispanic woman from earlier. She's behind me though.

I turn around to face her. “Yes?”

“There has been reported that you have been in another fight a few minutes ago and now you are about to start another. You have solitary for five hours now.” she says, cuffing my hands.

Solitary can be described in one word. Boring. It's similar to ISS in school. Except it's a small four wall place. There is one door but to be honest, it's more of a wall. There is only enough room for you to uncomfortable stand up straight in. I'm a small person, but it was even a tight squeeze for me.

You couldn't sit down. You couldn't make a noise. I'd rather have ISS over this any day.

((Jay's Point of View))

Wallace came up to me after Chris was taken away. “That bitch is crazy!”

I rolled my eyes. “Tell me about it.”

“She's hot though. I'd tap that ass faster then you could say hot tamale.” he grins.

“Like she'd give you even a glance.” I said.

He shrugs. “I don't care. It's been three years since I have last seen a good looking woman like her. Just fantasizing about her satisfies.”

“Whatever.”

He turns to me. “You are her roommate, dude! You could have a chance with her.”

“I don't want anything to do with her. Until she got here, I minded my P's and Q's. I want to get out of here. She would just be a distraction. Also something I would get extra time for.” I said.

“Is that all you care about?” he asks. “What do you have to get back to?”

“The gang.” I said, arms crossed. “My family.”

“No girl waiting for you back home?”

I freeze, remembering why I was put in here in the first place. “No, no girl.”

He doesn't say anything else. Well he couldn't since the bell rand. We got into formation and were lead back to our cells. I laid down on my cot, resting. Chris wasn't going to be here for a couple of hours, might as well enjoy the silence while it lasted.

((Chris' Point of View))

The door opened up. “Your time is up.” the Hispanic woman said.

I quickly walked out of the small compartment. I was highly claustrophobic, not to mention I had asthma. All in all a bad combination when in solitary.

“My name is Akita Juarez.” she said to me. “I figured I would be seeing a lot of you since you have already been in trouble on your first day.”

I nod. “You know my name so there is no point in telling you.”

“Yeah.” she pauses for a moment. “You're such a pretty girl. Young too. Why are you in a place like this? You should be in school.”

I shrugged. “I was in school. Then I killed two people. Landed my ass in here.”

“Who'd you kill?” she asks.

“Two random bystanders.” I lied. “Didn't know them.” Another lie.

I had known my victims. I knew them too well.

I had known them all of my life.

They were my parents after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 17K 44
(BWWM) "You fucking asshole. Just who do you think you are!" I gave him an open handed slap across the face. He glared at me stunned, It was clear...
7M 46.2K 11
***** THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE OF THE STORY. IT IS BEING PUBLISHED ON 5TH NOVEMBER 2013 SO I HAVE HAD TO REMOVE MOST OF IT FROM WATTPAD. Please don't as...
1M 27.5K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
1M 33.6K 34
#1 jail #1 fight #1 criminal *** "Don't take it personal, I just like to play it safe, you know." He said, crouching down in front of me to tie each...