In Love With My Gay Best Frie...

By maaryxwin

"I don't care if he's gay, in fact I'll always love him even more. But the whole time he didn't bother to tel... More

My Best Friend
More Than or Just Friends
Chance at Love
Freedom
Let's Start Over
First Love
Personal Slave
Boys & Friends
Mystery Boy
Deadly Smile
Swing With Me
Festival and Carnival
New Girl
Void
More Than Enough
No Interference

Bluff

2.1K 115 50
By maaryxwin

I've made some bad decisions in my life, but now? Vince? He's a pretty amazing guy. Maybe with him I can get over Ryan.

Then again there is never a time where I can't stop thinking about Ryan. It's just hard to think that you love someone, but you know in their hearts that they will never feel the same.

He has his heart set on Sean, and I'll forever love Ryan. He's my best friend, no matter what, I love him. I'll love him and his future family.

All I really hope is that he doesn't forget about me. My only wish is for him to not forget about me, and I hope I don't disappear in his world.

For some reason I see parts of Ryan in Vince, makes me a bit sad... but I can handle it.

God I'm still thinking about Ryan when I'm with Vince. As he is taking me somewhere, I just wonder where.

"Where are we going?" I smiled.

"We are going to over look the ocean on a bluff." His eyes somewhat twinkled as the sun was behind him, and his smile felt warm... yet very empty.

"Whoa, that's fucking cool." I grinned out of excitement.

We got into his car and drove all the way down to these bluffs.

It was just beautiful... I've never had anyone taken me to someplace so different and elegant.

The water was glistening from the orange sun rays, it was like the ocean was sparkling. The fresh warm breeze that flowed right passed us.
I ran towards the edge, but not too much... I ain't dying today.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Vince's soft voice whispered with the wind.

I smiled back at him and nodded.

I felt like I was in Nirvana, I never want this feeling to go away. The smell of the salty ocean water reminds me of when Ryan and I were just young little shits... playing by the beach until dark.

I looked down and saw a shell, and I decided to pick it up.

"The ocean use to go all the way up to here, this use to be underwater, but as time went by... the water level went down. Fossils and shells can be found all over this area. Pretty neat." Vince said with such a silky voice.

God he's perfect... but I can't stop thinking about that girl. The really pretty red head, that is sadly stuck with Alex. But I really wonder what went on between them.

Deep down I know that there are feelings that still continue to linger. I can relate though.

I sat down, dangling my legs to my doom.

"It's probably not my place to ask this... but you and that girl. Reina was it? It seems you two had a painful history. What was it? It's hard to see someone in pain because of someone else." I admitted, "If I say so myself."

He sighed... sounded very rough, maybe I shouldn't ask..

"It's okay, if you can't talk about it. I can't force you to, probably hard to even think about. I understand how you feel..." a gust of wind blew, my hair started getting in my face.

He sat behind me, back to back. Kinda like how we met.

"I'll tell you my story first then." I smiled.

"My best friend is named Ryan and we've known each other since we were kids. In fact, we have the same birthday. I used to think he was obnoxious and annoying because he was just perfect. Then something horrible happened to me... he saved me, and so I fell in love with him."

I sighed, man I feel pathetic telling this useless story. It's not gonna change anything, what's the point?

"Later on, I found out he was gay... and it just tore me up, I was so stupid to get upset. I regret kinda distancing myself from him, I regret getting mad at him when I'm the one that has feelings for him." Slowly a tear ran down my face, "I regret falling in love."

"Don't say that."

"Why? I mean, what's the point? He doesn't see me the way I do. So I'm moving on. I'll still love him, even through all the pain." I wiped away my tear.

"Because, every heartbreak leads to your one true love." He said.

I scoffed, "Oh come on, you basically stole that from Wizard of Waverly Place."

He chuckled, "Maybe or maybe not, it's still true..."

"Tell me your story now, if you don't mind..." I said.

"Reina and I were best friends, too. Since childhood, as well, and we were so close. Our interests were the same, and we were always having fun and sharing laughs. She treated me and cared for me. We dated for a long time, and she loved me a lot. I loved her too."

"But..." he paused for a moment to collect his thoughts, "Once my brother passed away from cancer, I wasn't myself. In fact, I hurt her... so badly. This. I regret so much."

"What?" I softly said.

"I started drinking and going out to parties a lot, leaving out Reina. Because of that, she cheated on me. I don't blame her actually... but when I first heard about it I kept quiet, slept with her for the first time, and then broke up with her the next day."

"Now it's been 2 years... I was mad at her still after seeing her with someone else, but in the end. I'm the worst person of all."

We were quiet for a moment... I touched part of my head.

I had a scar here, from when I was a kid.

'Till this day, I still have no idea how it came about.

There was a huge time in my life that I can't remember... my parents told me what they knew, but not the whole story.

"Is that a scar?" Vince finally spoke from this long silence, and he slightly touched it.

"Yeah, I can't tell you the story because... well, I don't even remember it myself." I said.

"Did it happen when you were a baby?" He asked.

"No, it happened when I was fully aware of my surroundings. I was a smart kid, and for some reason, I don't recall anything." I said.

Slowly the sun was setting.

"Vince, I know you two had a complicated past, but I know in my heart. You two are soulmates, ready to forgive and forget. So go to Reina... tell her you love her, still. Don't regret it. In her eyes, she still loves you too." I told him the truth... your true love only comes once, don't let them go so easily.

"It's true." A soft voice appeared to his left, my right.

"I secretly texted Alex to bring Reina here, I'm sorry..."

He stood up and ran to her, and they kissed.

I was still sitting off the edge... they look really cute together. I looked back at the sun along the horizon of the ocean.

"Beautiful." An ugly deep voice came about behind me.

"The sun or the ocean?" I asked.

"Sure." Alex said, then he held his hand out for me.

I grabbed his hand to get up, "That isn't an answer."

He shrugged, "Actually, I wanted gas money, not your hand."

I rolled my eyes, "I already got up so no turning back."

I looked over at Vince and Reina... they looked happy, "We should leave." I began walking towards Alex's car.

Alex followed, and then we both got into his car.

"You are giving me a ride home right?" I questioned him.

"Nope."

I rolled my eyes, "Can you please take me home? I wanna go home, and I'm hungry... again."

"Fatass."

I scoffed, "So stingy, I'll buy food for both of us. How does that sound?"

He looked over at me and started getting EXTREMELY close to my face.

"Wha-what the hell are you doing?" I began to panic.

His eyes... I was quite mesmerized. Then my cheeks started getting flustered. What is wrong with me? Why does this feel like... I can't describe it.

He pulled the seatbelt and buckled me in.

"Oh..." I turned my head away from him, and he began to drive.

HOLY CRAP.

My face feels hot, what even was that? He looked into my eyes... probably trying to steal my soul!! That- that weird creep!

He scoffed, "You have a nasty mind, did you think I was gonna... I don't know, kiss you?"

I gasped, "I-I DID NOT! YOU'RE THE WEIRD ONE!"

He laughed, "You're stupid, have you ever kissed anyone before?"

"O-OF COURSE I HAVE! Many many many times..." I started getting more red and my voice got a little higher.

He smirked, "You suck at lying."

I started pouting, "You know what! I'm starting to get this weird feeling. I've been feeling this since day 1."

"What?" He looked at me.

"Are you in love with me?"

He looked into my eyes... then bursted out laughing.

My jaw dropped, "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING?!"

He pulled to the side because he couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh god, I can't. That's the funniest thing someone has ever said to me." He was still cracking up.

I scoffed, "If you're not, then why the hell have you been so attached to me for?"

"First times was a coincidence, you were the one who end up trusting me."

Is that... true? Did I subconsciously trust him?

Why is that?

"Anyway, thanks for the great laugh. We're here." He wiped away a tear from laughing so hard... that bastard.

"Where?" I looked over, "This isn't my house."

"One, I don't know where you live. Two, you wanted to eat, right?" He unbuckled his seatbelt and went out his door.

I gasped, "Yay!"

I immediately jumped out of his car and into the restaurant.

"You're paying." He said.

"I know that." I stuck my tongue out at him.

We got our food, and I was so impatient and happy I was literally jumping in my seat.

"Calm down would you? You're like a child." He said.

"My one true love..."

"Huh?"

"My one true love is food." My mouth drooled.

He scoffed, "Eat your fries." He tossed me the food to my side, and then started eating.

For some reason, when I look at Alex... it's like we've known each other for a long time.

I don't know why, I just do.

But he's still so annoying... and weird... and creepy. You get the point.

I was almost done with my food, just one last fry.

But we both grabbed it.

"Hey, this is my fry." I glared at him.

"You ate so much, why can't you give me this one?" He asked.

"Because it's mine." I really quickly put most of the fry in my mouth, some of it was still sticking out, "Ha!"

Next thing you know... time seemed to stopped.

He slowly leaned over, and we locked eyes... he has really soft eyes. Then he ate the rest of the fry from my lips.

Did we just kiss?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 446 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
339K 9.4K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
246K 8.9K 34
In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I didn't think I'd regret anything until I...
1.1M 32.5K 54
"The moon's really beautiful, if you think about it," I blurted. "Yeah?" he asked, mild amusement and curiosity mingling in his voice. "Yeah," I conf...