Bluff

I've made some bad decisions in my life, but now? Vince? He's a pretty amazing guy. Maybe with him I can get over Ryan.

Then again there is never a time where I can't stop thinking about Ryan. It's just hard to think that you love someone, but you know in their hearts that they will never feel the same.

He has his heart set on Sean, and I'll forever love Ryan. He's my best friend, no matter what, I love him. I'll love him and his future family.

All I really hope is that he doesn't forget about me. My only wish is for him to not forget about me, and I hope I don't disappear in his world.

For some reason I see parts of Ryan in Vince, makes me a bit sad... but I can handle it.

God I'm still thinking about Ryan when I'm with Vince. As he is taking me somewhere, I just wonder where.

"Where are we going?" I smiled.

"We are going to over look the ocean on a bluff." His eyes somewhat twinkled as the sun was behind him, and his smile felt warm... yet very empty.

"Whoa, that's fucking cool." I grinned out of excitement.

We got into his car and drove all the way down to these bluffs.

It was just beautiful... I've never had anyone taken me to someplace so different and elegant.

The water was glistening from the orange sun rays, it was like the ocean was sparkling. The fresh warm breeze that flowed right passed us.
I ran towards the edge, but not too much... I ain't dying today.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Vince's soft voice whispered with the wind.

I smiled back at him and nodded.

I felt like I was in Nirvana, I never want this feeling to go away. The smell of the salty ocean water reminds me of when Ryan and I were just young little shits... playing by the beach until dark.

I looked down and saw a shell, and I decided to pick it up.

"The ocean use to go all the way up to here, this use to be underwater, but as time went by... the water level went down. Fossils and shells can be found all over this area. Pretty neat." Vince said with such a silky voice.

God he's perfect... but I can't stop thinking about that girl. The really pretty red head, that is sadly stuck with Alex. But I really wonder what went on between them.

Deep down I know that there are feelings that still continue to linger. I can relate though.

I sat down, dangling my legs to my doom.

"It's probably not my place to ask this... but you and that girl. Reina was it? It seems you two had a painful history. What was it? It's hard to see someone in pain because of someone else." I admitted, "If I say so myself."

He sighed... sounded very rough, maybe I shouldn't ask..

"It's okay, if you can't talk about it. I can't force you to, probably hard to even think about. I understand how you feel..." a gust of wind blew, my hair started getting in my face.

He sat behind me, back to back. Kinda like how we met.

"I'll tell you my story first then." I smiled.

"My best friend is named Ryan and we've known each other since we were kids. In fact, we have the same birthday. I used to think he was obnoxious and annoying because he was just perfect. Then something horrible happened to me... he saved me, and so I fell in love with him."