I'm Still Here: Sequel For 'S...

By Desire1929

WARNING: This book is for 18 years or older. There are strong language, sexual scenes and other mature conten... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 7
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81
Chapter 82.
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6

Chapter 38

4K 198 33
By Desire1929

REMEMBER to check out Lucifer and My bodyguard.

I love how you guys are supporting me with comments. Thank you very much.

Come on silent readers, stop hiding and show a little appreciation. COMMENT COMMENT.

"I'm fine Lenoy. Just laying in bed, as I've been doing all day".

"Ok I'll see you later then. I'll be there soon". I removed the phone from my ear with a sigh.

I was curious if Lenoy has any flaw. He's really sweet. He's generous, caring, honest etc. But I noticed something. His hard-work and dedication to his job is mainly because he's a workaholic. I know one when I see one.

He's probably be a faithful or really is a caring man, but being a workaholic can also be a big issue.

He asked to borrowed my laptop. With no questions asked I gave him the ok. I watched him for a few hours, observing him. His eyes were glued to the computer. I took a glance at it and it was some office work that could've waited until morning. He didn't even take his call. He only took a few glances at me with a smile before he looked back onto the monitor. I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

This morning I woke up with a phone call from him. This one is the second after three and a half hours.

I get a sickening feeling in my gut everytime I think of Micheal. Soon I feel tears clouding my eyes.

I sniff and got up. I haven't eaten anything since yesturday. Even though the appetite isn't there, I know I'd have to. I walked downstairs to make myself a sandwich and a hot cup of tea.

I put my breakfast on my glass table before I sit on my couch. I remembered the day I was sitting on this same couch talking to Monique on the phone about how I despise Michael for what he did to me in the past, but look at what I did.

I wiped my eyes and take up my cup of tea. I took a sip sniffing afterwards. I need to get back to work. I need to be distracted.

I was willing to be there for him when I thought Jay Jay was his. Why couldn't he do the same for me? Why did he have to leave? The least he could've done was to say goodbye. But I sure as hell wouldn't have allowed him to leave.

Plenty women probably wouldn't want to fight for a man to stay, with the belief that the guy is the one who's suppose to. But I fight for whatever I want. That's why I was able to own a successful company. Because I fought. I fought through the worst moment of my life and I will fight through this. With or without Micheal, I will fight.

I take the sandwich and took a bite. I have to force myself to eat. It's not Michael's baby but it is mine.

I'm gonna be here a whole day with nothing to do. I haven't seen Monique or Leon. I know Leon is upset with me. I didn't blame him for his actions. I just hope Monique isn't stressing herself. She's close to delivery.

After finishing my breakfast. I leaned back on my couch with my eyes closed. Leon is upset that I broke his friend heart. He probably hate me right now.

Michael is famous. Whatever is going on with him has to be somewhere on the television.

I spot my remote on the couch beside me. I take it up and turned the TV on.

My eyes widen. I quickly changed the channel. I look around the house. Really? This had to be the first channel that showed up? I saw two bodyguards upstairs outside of my room door. I didn't even realize they were there. They're just too quiet. This is embarrassing.

I smile nervously before looking back at the screen. I raised my eyebrows. A helicopter with the news team in it are videoing a car upside-down. More than one ambulance are at the scene. Police cars and other vehicles. This is interesting.

I turned the volume up. I look closely as I saw everyone rushing to the vehicle. Persons with heavily equipments are also rushing to the car.

Hold on...I leaned closer. Isn't that Leon?

My curiosity hit maximum.

He's standing outside the crowd looking at the direction of the car. He's not moving. Just standing there speechless. What happened?

I look closely at the car.

The video disappeared. The news reporter appeared on the screen.

"Few weeks ago Michael Perry, the son of Nicolas Perry met in a terrible accident".

"What?"

"His car flipped continuously. However he was found covered in blood lying lifeless on his windscreen". Everything that was said after that went faint.

Goose pimples appeared on my skin. As if shut out from the world, only my heart I could hear getting louder and louder, hitting my chest plate. My thoughts are going wild at this moment.

Don't panic Akeilia.

Breath...Breath.

After thinking if Michael is still alive, I see dots of darkness slowly clouding my eyes trying to take control. I lay back on the couch trying so hard to stay relax, especially to not drift into darkness. Now is not the time to black out.

Calm down. Don't panic.

I sat there, forcing my brain to listen to me. Folding my palms in a fist as if mentally fighting a battle.

Soon to my surprise, my heartbeat slowed. The dots of darkness that tried to swallow me slowly disappeared.

I frown in despair. After I thought about how Monique and Leon kept this from me and also that Lenoy lied to me, all that sadness got replaced with grief and anger.

I went back to my room. Changed into some appropriate clothes. My car is still at Monique shit!. I walked outside.

"Is Michael alive?" Serious as a judge, I asked to none specifically, hoping desperately to hear a yes with tears in my eyes. They look at each other. I glare at them both as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Yes ma'am". I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

For the first time I stopped myself from blacking out. I know I wouldn't be able to do it a second time if he wasn't alive. I'm also pregnant. Hitting hard floor is definitely also what I need to avoid.

"Where is he?" I sniff. They look at each other again. Were they informed not to tell me this? If they were, they already did so might as well tell me the rest. The one to his left shrugged.

"Its not like she's getting out of here". What the...?

"At the estate ma'am".

"Take me to where he is".

"I'm afraid I won't be able to do that". The one I'm standing in front of said without even looking at me. He isn't f*ck*ng talking to me!

"We got strict-".

I grabbed him by his shirt with both hands. He may be tall, but I'm sure his balls aren't. "Don't repeat that shit to me again". I lowly said trying to compose my anger.

"I won't be a prisoner in my own home. You hear me! Take me to Michael". I'm not about to tell them the pain I've been going through so they'd pity me. It won't even matter to them. It's the least of their problem. To them their job is mostly important.

"As much as I'd love to-".

"Ahhh!...Shhh". Before he could finish I kicked him in the balls. Quickly dashed from him running as fast as I could down the stairs before the other could grab me.

Guard that now bitch.

"Ms Shaw!" The other yelled while his friend groan in pain. I can hear his heavy boots chasing after me.

"Stop her!"

I opened the door as soon as I reached. I ran out without looking to see whether or not guards are out there but knowing there style, I'm sure there are.

Too certain of my inability to escape they didn't even lock the door. I'm sure by the time their brain registered me running in front of them they won't be able to catch me. Hopefully.

I may not be Usain bolt. But I sure as hell know how to run. I'm gonna run all the way to the estate of I have to. The only thing holding me back a little is the jean pants. I wasn't planning on doing this. I'm surprised myself that I'm actually running. Especially from my own home.

I ran left down the street. Everyone is looking. Persons driving are slowing down. Probably wondering if I'm a mad woman who'd just escaped from the psychiatric hospital.

Shit their catching up. I can't allow them to catch me.

I haven't exercise in so long. My body is failing me. I'm running low on breath. It's hard to give these guys distance. There freaking fast.

I shouldn't be running. But what other choice do I have? I'm not sure how long they're gonna keep me there. If I was still under the impression that Michael was out of the country. It wouldn't be so much of a bother.

Someone tried to kill us. That person or those men could be right around the corner. What if they're just waiting for the right opportunity.

Shit! All this thinking are making me even more tired. This stretch is so freaking long and I don't know where else to turn. It'll be difficult to gain enough speed if I slowed down to look.

A car skidded. My heart leaped. My memory flashed back to the first time Michael and I actually met.

"Akeilia!" Lenoy. I looked behind me. I stopped immediately. I turn around running towards him almost out of breath. Once I'm at his car I got in. I flicked the lock wheezing. Lenoy got in. He opened his mouth.

"Dr..ive". I told him before he could say anything. I rest my hands on the dashboard breathing hard. He quickly drove off. One of the guard pull at my door. Good thing I locked it.

I frown. Stupid ass! I could've fallen out if the door weren't locked.

There's no way they can catch up to me now. By the time they got back to the house for their car I'll be long gone.

"Are you f*ck*ng crazy?" I look at him. Shocked that he just swore at me. He's taking quick glances from the road to me.

"Your pregnant Akeilia. Your not even two months and...You can loose the baby you know". I began to glare at him after I remember that he lied to me.

"Why were you running from them? Did they try to hurt you?" Just wait for it Lenoy. I'll soon be able to breath properly.

"What if I hadn't shown up? It's getting dark. Where were to running to?" I wanna yell so hard at him right now, but I have no breath for that.

I leaned back trying to breath properly. He waited in patience knowing that I have to be able to breath properly before I answer. I can see that he's angry, but trying hard to compose it. He kept glancing at my belly then back at the road.

"Take me to the estate". He seems shocked at my words.

"You saw the news didn't you?"

"You f*ck*ng lied to me didn't you? If you'd told me that from the f*ck*ng beginning I wouldn't have to run from my own house!" I glare at him feeling the need to strangle him.

"I thought it was better-". I hold my index finger up, moving it from left to right.

"Don't you f*ck*ng say it. Hiding the truth doesn't protect someone asshole. It eventually hurt that person. Or were you worried about me wanting to see him. That's selfish and heartless! He met in an accident Lenoy of course I'd want to see him. I'm not going anywhere Lenoy".

I pointed at my belly. I saw hurt flash through his eyes. "That's your baby. So we're basically stuck forever".

"Your acting as if it was my fault he had the accident".

"Well it all started with this baby. First of all if you hadn't taken advantage of me that night, I wouldn't be pregnant for you!" His eyes widen. He whip his head at me.

"Well do a f*ck*ng abortion if the baby is your problem!" W-What? My anger rise even more with a mixture of hurt. I swallowed hard feeling a familiar burn in my chest.

I look away from him. I hadn't spend enough time with him to know what to expect from him, but of all things I never expected him to say that.

Him saying that didn't only hurt, but it brought back a memory. A memory I buried deep down. Now it surfaced itself like a dead body floating on water.

A sob escaped my lips. My eyes slowly filling with tears.

"Akeilia". He sigh.

"I didn't mean th-".

"Oh yes you did". I interrupted angrily. I don't want to listen to his bullshit apology.

"Your upset because I care for the guy who despise you. The guy I'm in love with instead of you. I know it frustrates you and all of that is enough for you not wanting anything to do with this child, I know. But before you came in my life, long ago Michael was there for me. We went through a lot. He took huge risks for me. The least I can do is to be there for him even if he wants nothing more to do with me". Tears slid down my cheeks.

There's silence. He look as if he's thinking. I look away from him crying silently.

"Yes". I heard him say. I look at him. He nod his head a few times with seriousness focussing on the road.

"It frustrates me that your in love with him and I love you so much. God I hate that feeling". He inhaled shakily.

"But I've come to realize that no matter how hard I try you can never love me". He look at me.

"I've realized that I can never make you feel the way Michael does. I don't want you to hate him... I only wanted you to love me. I just can't seem to stop thinking about you...".

He look back at the road. "But I know one day I eventually will. You are for him. Not for me___Don't feel guilty for not loving me the way I want you to. It's my fault for falling in love with you in the first place. We had a no strings attached, no commitment agreement. I was the one who was stupid enough to think otherwise".

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I honestly didn't mean it. I'm so sorry. It wasn't for me to say". He brought his hand over to mine on my leg. He gently brushed his thumb over the back of my hand. I don't think I can be angry at him after what he just said. He sounded so sincere, but broken.

"I'm sorry Lenoy___Thank you for what you just said". Was all I could say. I know how heartbreak feels. I can understand what he's going through. He could've left me to feel guilty of being unfair to him, but instead he freed my conscience.

I removed my hands from under his. I rest mine on top of his. "Your a good man".

He smile. "Not entirely. Everyone has their faults. I just understand life___its just__Its something you just have to deal with daily". Just like I have to deal with the fact that I'm pregnant for him and not for the man I love.

"Just__please be careful. You can loose that baby". I look into his eyes with slight frown.

I gave him a warm smile with a nod. "I will". He smile before focussing back on the road.

Lenoy turned a corner. This road looks familiar. Yes it's the one to the estate. I look behind us in fear, to see if anyone is following, remembering what happened the last time. My hand automatically touched my side at my healed wound. It's still a lot tender.

"What's wrong?" He glanced at me.

"T-This was where I got shot". I swallowed with the impression that it just might happen again. Lenoy speed up.

It also seems to be where Michael incident occurred.

"I'm sorry".

"Yeah". My thoughts floated back on Michael.

"It's just a pity he's so angry that he wouldn't even care to give me a visit to see if I'm ok. He must have known that I was in coma and heard by now that I woke up". I don't think I need to talk about my temporary memory lost. I feel so depressed.

"Michael's incident was five weeks ago". Lenoy informed me. That was about the time I fell into coma. He must be a bit better by now besides, what about phone? I'm sure he know my landline number, my cell phone is at the estate.

I know that I screwed up, but he can treat me a little better.

"Akeilia". I look at him in distress. "He'd been in coma ever since".

What do you think about Lenoy's sudden change of attitude?

What do you think about the scene with Akeilia and the bodyguards?

How did you like this chapter?
Give Rating out of a hundred and why.

Remember to check out Lucifer and my bodyguard.

Don't forget to press the little star below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.5K 29
I went to reach for my phone out of my purse but James snatched it of me, "you won't be needing that," he told me before throwing it out of his windo...
4.6K 111 8
"You are just like him. Living for only yourselves in that damn hanger, no friends to even care if you are dead or alive." "At least I'm living Roost...
81.5K 5.8K 80
Coming back home after 8 years with my parents or any family member that is, not knowing the reason for my urgent departure on my matric dance (prom)...
222K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc