Only Time Will Tell (Our2ndli...

By o2l_4ever

Haley Pottorff is your typical 18 year old girl. Her life has been hard so far, but she has always had her... More

Authors note
Chapter 1~Beginnings
Chapter 2~Accidents
Chapter 4~Cali & New Friends
Chapter 5~VIDCON & New Faces
Chapter 6~Problems
Chapter 7~Disney Questions
Chapter 8~Love Awnsers
Chapter 9~Dates & Goodbyes
Chapter 10~Missing you
Chapter 11~Home Time!
Chapter 12~Suprises
Chapter 13~ Reunited
Chapter 14~Late Night Surgeries
Chapter 15~Scavenger hunt
Chapter 16~Unforgetable Party
Chapter 17~ I cant promise anything
Chapter 18~Heartbreak
Chapter 19~Tough Night
Chapter 20 - Broken
Chapter 21~Mystery Box
Chapter 22~Can You Take It?
Chapter 23~First Letter
Chapter 24~Over
Chapter 25~Jealous?
Authors Note+New Book?
Chapter 26~School?
Chapter 27~The British Return
Chapter 28~Last Letter
Chapter 29~The Plan
Chapter 30~Kiss-Cam Gone Wrong
Chapter 31~It Was You
Chapter 32~It Was You Pt. 2
Chapter 33~Truth
Chapter 34~Thinking
Chapter 35~Hate
Chapter 36~Twin Promise
Chapter 37~Making Cake & Breaking Plates
Chapter 38~Cottage
Chapter 39~ It's A Trevor Thing
Chapter 40~Fishing trip
Chapter 41~Its Time To Decide
Chapter 42~Decision's
Chapter 43~The Walk and Talk
Chapter 44~Time will Tell
IMPORTANT Authors Note!!!
SEQUEL!!!!!!!!
New title and cover
SEQUEL INFO!!
Stay Strong Info
Two years?!?!

Chapter 3~Yes!

11K 191 127
By o2l_4ever

( Short A.N: I know Kian and Sam live close to where Vidcon is hosted and wouldn't have to take a plane but let's pretend they live in a different state.)

Haley's P.O.V

I wake up confused and wondering where I am. I have a massive headache and I feel sore all over. The memories of last night soon come rushing back to me.

"Good morning Haley." A nurse says beside me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Good morning." I reply politely.

"I will let the doctor know you're awake. Also, I will be back with some breakfast. Are pancakes ok?" She asks sweetly.

"If you don't mind, I prefer waffles."

She nods and is soon out the door. As she leaves the room, Sam walks in.

"Morning Haley." He says, coming in.

"Morning," I reply. "Where's Kian?"

"He is sleeping in one of the waiting room chairs. How are you feeling?" Sam asks.

"I'm fine."

"They gave you stitches on your waist. Kian made up a story as to why you have cuts. You're lucky. If they knew what had really happened, they defiantly wouldn't let you leave today."

"I'm leaving today?" I question.

"Yup."

"Oh thank goodness. It's boring here." I reply thankfully.

Sam laughed while going to sit down in the chair in front of me.

Kian then walked in sluggishly, looking half dead.

"Morning." he said, yawning.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked him.

"Exhausted." Kian replied.

"When's Vidcon?" I said excited, changing the topic.

"Haley, I still don't think you coming is a good idea." He replied.

"You already said I could come so I'm going. When is it?"

"This weekend." Sam sighed.

Sam continued to explain all the details. We are leaving on Friday so we can get there early and check into the hotel. I am so excited! This will be my first time on a plane, my first time going to Vidicon and my first time staying in a hotel. Plus, it's in California and I have always wanted to go there.

I snap out of my thoughts when the nurse returns back in the room with a doctor and breakfast. They said that I had only fainted from an excessive amount of blood lost and that they gave me twelve stitches. Also, they have to do a quick check up on me and run a few tests then I'm allowed to leave. They sounded suspicious about the reason why I'm in here and started to ask me questions about what happened. Kian immediately took over, answering their questions for me. I nod along with what he's saying, to look like I'm agreeing with him.

I just can't wait to get out of here!!

Skip to Thursday night

Haley's P.O.V

The last couple of days flew by. It's currently eight at night and I'm in my room packing for Vidcon. I wasn't exactly sure what I should pack so I decided to just shove as much as I could into this small luggage.

I packed basically my entire closet including my swimsuit, swim shorts and as many shoes that I could fit. I also, stuffed in toiletries and small backpacks because I'm not a fan of purses (I packed one purse anyways, just in case). Sam told me to bring a carry-on for the plane ride too. In there, I put my headphones, laptop, small camera, my wallet, phone charger, books, hand sanitizer, my penny board and some snacks for the ride.

I zip up the luggage and put it near the door in my room with my carry on. I then walk down the hall towards Sam's room to let him know I finished packing.

I open his door to see that he is rummaging through his closet while throwing stuff onto his bed.

"I finished packing. Do you need help?" I laugh, looking at his flustered face as he turns around.

"Please." He responded.

"Alright. What do you need me to do?"

"Put the stuff on my bed into the suitcase."

I did as I was told and started packing his luggage for him. Every once in a while, I would be hit with a flying shirt or shorts but other than that we were moving at a good pace.

After about ten minutes we were finished. I ended up falling asleep on his bed and at ten Sam woke me up. We talked for a while about pointless things until ten thirty. I then changed into my pyjamas and got ready for bed. I can't wait for tomorrow! It is going to be a fantastic day!

Tomorrow morning

Sam's P.O.V

Today is the day we leave for Vidcon and despite what I wanted, my sister is coming with me. It's not safe for her to come with us. I'm scared something is going to happen to her or that she will get hurt. She doesn't go out very often and I'm nervous. Plus, there is a whole other bigger problem that I'm still trying to figure out. I don't even know if it's safe for just me to leave but now that we're both going... I would just much rather for her to stay at home. I'm already regretting my decision on letting her come.

Our flight leaves at ten this morning and it is now seven. We're meeting at Kian's for eight thirty so his mom can drive us to the airport.

I walk to Haley's room and see that she is still sleeping. However, her head is on the opposite side of the bed. I don't know how she ends up like that. She must be having some wild dreams. I decide to let her sleep for a couple of more minutes while I go make breakfast. She loves it when I make her breakfast.

I walk downstairs to the kitchen to make my famous waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. When everything is finished, I make a plate for Haley and bring it to her room.

"Samers! You brought me food!" She screamed excitedly, with her eyes popping open as I walked into her room.

"Good morning to you too." I laugh, handing her the plate, making her blush.

"Morning!" She smiles, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you."

"No problem little sis. Be ready to leave for eight twenty, we have to be at Kian's for eight thirty."

She scowls at me, stuffing scrambled eggs into her mouth. "You know you're only older than me by two minutes, right?"

"I know." I wink.

"I love you." She says while shoving a piece of bacon into her mouth. Man, this girl can eat.

"Ya ya ya.. Just keep eating." I laugh, walking out of her room to go eat my breakfast.

Haley's P.O.V

Sam laughed and left my room. I chowed down on my delicious waffles, bacon and eggs wiping the plate clean. I swear this kid makes the best waffles in the world!!

When I'm finished, I put the plate away then jump into the shower. When I get out I change into black track pants and a simple white top. I blow dry then straightened my hair and put on a gray beanie. I shove my flat iron, comb and shampoos into my suitcase then pick it up, along with my carry-on, and bring them down stairs. I place my bags next to Sam's which are already at the door. I slip on my converse and glance at my phone to check the time.

"Sam! It's eight twenty!" I yell.

"Let's go." He replies, racing down the stairs.

We put our bags in the car then Sam drove us to Kian's house. Luckily he lives just a street over from us so it's not a long drive.

Once we got to Kian's, we put his bags into our car and we soon hit the road.

Sam and Kian sat in the back while I was in the passenger seat and Kian's mom was in the driver's seat. She agreed to bring Sam's car back to our house and park it in our driveway after she dropped us off.

"How are you Haley?" She asked smiling, glancing at me for a moment.

"I'm good. Well, actually I'm really excited and nervous. How are you?"

"I'm good." She replied laughing.

After my mom passed away, Kian's mom became the motherly figure in my life. She has always been like a mother to me and we have grown really close.

We got to the airport in less than an hour which was much quicker than I expected. I got out, hugged Kian's mom and said goodbye to her. I then grabbed my bags and walked into the airport.

"This place is huge!" I say stunned, looking around.

We checked into the airport and had our suitcases taken away. We were left with quite a bit of time left before our plane started to board.

"Do you guys wanna grab a bite to eat before we get on the plane?" Sam asked.

"Sure."Kian and I said simultaneously.

"Jinx! You owe me a soda!" I yell, sticking my tongue out at him.

Kian rolls his eyes trying to look annoyed but blows his cover by laughing.

That's what I love about Kian and I. We still act like were little kids. It's like nothing ever changed. He's the best friend a girl could ask for and I'm so lucky to have him by my side.

We picked up some sandwiches for an early lunch which were surprisingly really good.

As we were throwing the garbage away from our lunches we heard,

'Flight 13 to Anaheim, California is boarding in ten minutes. Ten minutes.'

We gathered our carry-ons and began to walk to where the plane was being boarded.

This is my first ever plane ride and I'm a little scared. I'm also really excited to get there, to experience Vidcon for the first time. I have a felling this is going to be one of the best weeks of my life!

After waiting in line for what felt like hours, we finally made it onto the plane.

"I call window seat!" I say, glancing at how the seats are arranged on the plane.

"Aisle seat!" Sam called, leaving Kian to be stuck between the Pottorff twins.

Once we found our seats I sat down and looked out the window. I guess I looked nervous because Kian soon asked me,

"Are you okay Haley?"

"I'm just a little nervous. That's all." I said looking away.

"Don't be nervous Haley. Super Kian will protect you and nothing will go wrong. Trust me, everything will be alright and we will be in California in no time." He smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a side ways hug.

{You see what I did there ;) }

I always feel safe when I'm with Kian. He always finds a way to make me feel better.

Kian's P.O.V

After I calmed Haley down she took out her phone and began to play with it.

Haley and I have a strange relationship, well at least in my opinion we do. I can joke around with her like we are little kids but I also feel like I could tell her anything. I have never felt more comfortable around a person but I can also get nervous around her too. Then a couple of days ago, when I saw her laying on the washroom floor covered in blood, it was like my world came crashing down. I had to know that she was going to be okay. I don't know, maybe that was just the protective best friend side of me showing. I don't know...

During the plane ride, Haley fell asleep on my shoulder. She was asleep for most of the time while I listened to music on my phone and texted some people. Sam was texting a lot of people too and he was on Instagram a lot. He is just too addicted to that app. I took a picture of Haley sleeping and sent it to Sam with the message,

'Look who's sleeping.'

I also sent the message to Haley. When Sam got the message he looked at me then at Haley (who was still asleep) with a strange look. However, he didn't say anything. He just replied by texting me back with the sleeping emoji.

Twenty minutes later, Haley started to wake up looking groggy.

"Morning sleepy head." I smiled.

"How long was I sleeping for?" She asked yawning.

"An hour or so on my shoulder." I laughed, making her blush.

"Sorry. I hope you weren't uncomfortable."

"I was fine. Plus, you fell asleep on me for much longer that day me, you and Sam had a movie night." I say, making her blush harder.

That's one of the things Haley and Sam have in common; They both blush at everything. In general, their cheeks are already rosy without them blushing at all. I find it quite funny.

Haley's P.O.V

I hope Kian wasn't lying to me, just to make me feel better. These chairs are already so uncomfortable, adding my weight onto him for that long must've made it worse. I take out my carry-on and pull out some crackers that I packed.

"Do you want some?" I ask, popping one into my mouth.

"I'm good." Kian replied.

"Come on, it's the least I could do for sleeping on you for an hour." I joke.

"Fine." He said giving in, knowing that I would've made him eat at least one in the end.

"Open."

"Open what."

"Your mouth silly goose." I replied laughing, as he opened his mouth.

I quickly grab around ten saltine crackers and shove them into his mouth. I have now turned this into the saltine cracker challenge. I started laughing my head off which made me receive disapproving looks from the people sitting near by. Kian tried to chew all of the crackers at once but that didn't work. Me laughing, caused him to start laughing and before you know it cracker chunks from Kian's mouth were spewing everywhere.

Sam soon noticed what was going on and took out his earphones. He stared at us like we were crazy but soon joined in on our laughter. I then grabbed another handful of crackers, reached over and shoved them into Sam's mouth. He also tried to chew the crackers but his laughter didn't help. Now we were all laughing like idiots, soggy cracker chunks were spewing out of Kian and Sam's mouth and Kian almost started chocking. A flight attendant walked by giving us a dirty look. We all started laughing harder at her reaction and Sam accidentally spits a cracker chunk on her face. We all became quiet as she screamed and rushed away to what I assume was the washroom. The silence only lasted for so long because soon everyone in our section of the plane including me, Sam and Kian were dying of laughter. Sam and Kian spit out the rest of the crackers in their mouth in the garbage and soon everyone calmed down.

"I haven't laughed this much in forever!" I said, trying to conceal my last couple of giggles.

Kian then looked down at the ground and I noticed what he was staring at. There were a million chunks of half chewed crackers on the floor. It was so disgusting but absolutely hilarious at the same time. I will defiantly be cleaning my shoes after this flight's over.

Later the pilot came on speaker saying to buckle up our seat belts because we would be landing shortly. I'm so excited, we're finally in California!

The landing was defiantly a rocky process but we were finally here.

I looked out the window to see the view and all I managed to say was,

"It's beautiful." 

______________________________

This is the end of chapter 3
I hoped you guys liked it
Please like and comment it means a lot when I see a like and comment.
I will try to update ASAP

What do you guys want to happen next
Love you all

Anyways
I GOT TO GOOOOOOO
Your fellow fanfic writer out ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 155 40
Preview 17 year old Jonah Hall has spent most of middle school and the first 2 years of high school being heavily bullied by her ex best friend Sam...
16.7K 518 67
Kirstie. A little 12-year-old girl, soon to be 13, with no last name. No friends. No internet life (sad, right?). Not many clothes or toys. And no li...
25.1K 583 25
Living with your best friend for the summer without any stresses sounds good right? Wrong. The six guys of Our2ndlife find their way into the girls l...
138K 2.6K 55
Was: Turn Around - O2L Fanfiction Thirteen year old Zoe Lopez has been faced with hard things in her life, from losing her parents, all the way to ab...