The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen

84 6 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen

Out by the lake is one of the third most sacred places on this blue/green planet to our kind. We, the vampires were the very first to come here to both terraform this planet and populate it with life forms of a dying planet. The werewolves attacked one of our last ships and hijacked it to this new colony in an attempt not to be left behind. In doing so they set themselves up a new pack here on this newly established world along with several other tag-a-long species of supernatural beings that hid in and amongst the packed freight. Smart little buggers. All to scatter to different parts of this new world once the ship landed then multiplied. The first vampires were the ones to set up four sacred ground this one, the one in Romania where our training camp is located, Stonehenge, and one secret one atop a high mountain that we had our right done upon us at. That one is but the most sacred and secret of all of them, and of course the one I am currently at Ravenwood right here at the manor under a full moon.

Once a month I come out here by the lake to our sacred grounds to pray to our Goddess Diana. The stars are out the sky is so dark that they twinkle as they glow so brightly up above in their inky darkness. The moon is so full tonight, it's orange hew is the brightest thing in the evenings sky, it's glow casting down upon my skin warming me in the cool night air. This is just something I really needed to unwinds and ground myself and become one with the earth, moon and stars.

I wake up refreshed and feeling like a totally new person this morning. It is amazing what a through skyclad grounding/moon bathing trance will do for your bio rhythm. There is nothing like going all natural under the moon during a self ritual and grounding. My mind feels back in sync with my body and element and a total calm has washed all over my entire being. I am one with myself. I flash down to the dining room after my shower and dressing in a very pale blue long dress for breakfast like the rest of my sisters and brother are now doing every morning, noon and night. It is to keep us in good practice so Lady Gaia tells us. Flashing is our new word for our transportation AKA teleportation to other places; we just think it sounds better.

While we are waiting for everyone to get here all our communication devices go off; a call for us to meet down in the office with Viorel. We each get a drink to go and head on down to see what requires all four of us before breakfast.

“Viorel you have something for us?” Bavo asked our secretory as I was just plopping my bottom down on one of the desk chairs. She is busy with multiple overhead view-screen sending data from one to another so fast you can hardly follow her hands.

“Already on your flexi-vuescreens, I just sent them... now.” She threw a few more thing from one screen to another then another screen lit up with all kinds of data scrolling up the screen.

“Thank you Viorel.” Bavo told her, then we all sat down and read our screens we each had unfolded off our arms. “Hum we are headed to Germany for an interview with our grandmother the Queen. All it says is the dress code is gown and tuxes mandatory bring change of clothes for after. Oh formal affair before the Queen must be important. OK. Gang you read it let's go eat then we can get changed so we can head out. We have about thirty minutes so lets rush it if we all want to eat before we go.” Pop, pop, pop, pop we were out of there and back into the dining room in a flash. All standing in a row at the serving line ready to get our food to start eating. A quick prayer later and we scoffed down our food and in no time we were all up in our rooms changing and ready to flash over to Germany to the High Council castle. It was one very quick trip thanks to Lady Gaia.

We were met at the main concourse for incoming aircraft which is where we were told to enter at and were met by Lady Xandria, Lady Akasha and Lord Uric the former Queen and King and Supreme Witch. They were there to greet us and lead us up to a large meeting room. It was decorated in the Queen's maroon and gold colors with tapestries covering the walls depicting many of their well fought battles and one that depicted the one that my auntie died in Aunt Ceferina. The floors were carpeted in an elegant maroon carpet with the Protectors crest emblazoned upon the center of it in gold greens and reds. All the furniture in the room was of a very deep dark blackish color, with gold streaks running throughout. All along the walls between all the tapestries hung multiple candles to light the walls and hanging from the ceiling were six chandelier with what must have had been dozens of bees wax candles.

We were all just standing around in the meeting room waiting on everyone else to get there talking to the Lord and Lady our great grand parents while Lady Gaia was talking to her cousin Lady Xandria. We were fifteen minutes early so we had time to get reacquainted with them. It has been well over six months since we have seen anybody from the High Council family wise. When the Queen walked in both the Lord and Lady did the quickest bow and curtsy and went to her side as did Lady Xandria the rest of us four curtsied with the bow of our head and held it and waited. “Rise children. It is so good to see you all here this afternoon welcome all.” Our grandmother the Queen called out to us. I guess we will always be children in her eyes. Darn.

“I guess you are wondering why I called you all here this afternoon. I have a very special assignment for each and every one of you. It is a secret assignment to transport all our retired council members to their new resting home at the old UK office. It is finally finished, and the old castle is a huge security problem for us. We have over one thousand guards there to protect the castle mostly from retired council members getting out that from people trying to get into the facilities.” I had heard about that from my mother. “It was all due to that very troublesome problem 17 years back with retired council members turning traitor and turning against the High Council.” Mom told me they had about six turn traitor and run them all raged it was really bad for a couple of years. “We are still not too sure we have the whole problem cleared up at the present. Your job is to move as many at a time from the old castle to the new one till all 691 of them are all there safe and soundly there.” Wow that is going to take a lot of work to move that many people.

“Yes Bavo you have a question?”

“Yes, will it just be the four of us moving everyone?” He questioned.

“No,” she replied. “You will also have The Lady Samantha, The Lady Xandria to help and when I am not needed at my post I will jump in to help out as well.” OK. So seven in all that shouldn't be as bad.

“When do they all need to be there?” Bavo asked.

“The sooner the better. We have lintel that an attack is eminent on the old castle that is why the urgency. We want them moved in secret then you four will take their place and wait for the attack and deal with it.” The Queen explained.

“Yes my Queen it will be done.” Bavo replied with a bow of his head. We went about talking it over amongst ourselves what was needed to get the job done. Icka has become very competent at transporting over great distances this will only help her get more proficient. I can handle myself with no problems either, and Bavo is just a show off; he will most likely try to take one or two more than any of us. We figure we will have to take around sixteen trips a day to get it all done by this time next week to get them all there with this many people; all we have to hope for is no problems and everyone staying strong and we should be able to handle this.

Six days into shuttling people from one castle to the next, and it is not going quite as fast as we had hoped for. If numbers are correct we are about a day and a half behind schedule. Between people tiring and Lady Xandria having to leave two times for a day each time we are behind schedule. The Queen had to bring in a hefty dose of Royal blood to feed all of us to boost the entire crew once we started showing signs of slowing down. That was yesterday early in the morning; we are all back up to 100% and moving very efficiently with all hands on deck so to speak.

We are at the castle gathered to pick up the last few people before we are finally finished here when all the alarms in the castle go off. We are under attack. “Lady Xandria you and the Queen get these last few out of here and we will take care of whatever is causing the alarms to go off.” Bavo instructed. They took the last six retirees and vanished from our sight while we rushed for the security office one floor down. The monitors there showed all the guards in a vicious battle all around the grounds. Hundreds of werewolves and vampire battling just beyond the outer walls of the castle in a life and death struggle. There are more than just werewolves out there attacking though; we can see the vampire, faries, wendigos those unquenchable flesh eater, and a pair of Vetalas snake-like monsters. Damn they pulled out all the stops to attack the castle. It is a good thing we all brought along our parents silver swords—the enchanted ones—with us all we have to do is change and flash down to the thick of the battle and join in.

I flashed down to take on the flutter of faries I can't for the life of me understand why this group would join up with a rag-tag bunch like this to attack members that are no longer in power; granted some of these are old enough to have been around since the beginning of time here on earth. Still to join in with this group of werewolves on a futile attempt to kill off these retired with all this security. Their numbers are rapidly dropping more so now that we are here, the only ones casing any problems for both sides are the wendigos and their unquenchable appetites and almost unstoppable abilities. Fortunately these are not the first our family have had to kill in the past so we all know we can kill then with a quick shot of fire and they will drop dead on the spot.

I just witnessed Bavo kill a wendigo a moment ago when it jumped on his back and tried to take a bit out of him, well, it just went up in fire, it was the funniest thing, Bavo never even gave up the fight he was under with the werewolf. I am heading after one myself to try killing one that is causing all kinds of problems with our guards. I haven't seen Icka or Lady Gaia since we joined the battle. “Lady Gaia!” I breatherly called out to her. I was in the process of casting a rather large fireball at a werewolf fighting off a wendigo when Lady Gaia cast one of her own just before I did, only hers took out the two of them and about five to six others as well. “Damn girl, warn me before you do that. I was about to kill that one before you killed them all off for me.” We walked off in search of more ways to help our guards, it was rapidly becoming evident they didn't need us anymore. “I guess we should go find Bavo and Icka see if they need any help these guards are just cleaning up around here.” we headed around to the front of the castle in search of my brother and sister.

By the time we made it to the front of the castle the draw bridge was just lowering and out walked the Queen and King along with Lady Xandria. We had just met up with Icka and Bavo and were at the entrance bridge to the castle right at the moult as the drawbridge lowered with a clang. Bavo took a knee while we all curtsied bowing our heads. “Rise, my Defenders and stand beside me.” the Queen called out in her authoritative voice which range throughout the valley below. All the fighting stopped immediately. We surrounded our Queen and King two on each side; I was on the Queen's left side with Icka to my left, Bavo was at the Kings right with Lady Gaia to his right Lady Xandria by the draw bridges chains.

“Hear me subjects!” the Queen called out to everyone down below in the valley we had been fighting with. There was a sudden influx of people rushing to hear what was going on in the front of the castle; attackers and guards alike. “Stop this fighting immediately or pay the price. I will not stand for this from any of you!” She shouted out, her voice ringing out echoing off the trees and everywhere else. “Who is responsible for all of this bring them forward to me!” she demanded. We waited and waited. “I am waiting who is responsible for this attack on one of my castles?” her voice rang out. No one came forward.

“He is dead your guards killed him and the rest of his leaders.” A meek voice rang out from the crowd down below us, it was very faint, but I heard it plain as day.

“Bring that man forward!” the Queen demanded while we waited for someone to drag him through the masses of people gathered below us. It took over twenty minutes before he was brought up to the drawbridge before the seven of us and put down on his knees.

“What are you and what is your name?” the Queen demanded.

“I am Fae they call me Navi your Majesty.” he bowed his head and raised it back up in defiance. Brave Faerie.

“So Fae what are you doing here on my land uninvited along with all these others attacking one of my homes, against me? I consider this a personal attack on me personally!” The Queen raised her voice at the end. “Why do you dare to attack your Queen and who organized this attack.” Wow I have never seen the Queen so upset before in my entire short life.

“Um, well... see...” he stuttered out.

Enough lies answer me!”the Queen shouted down at him.

“It was the Alpha wolf of the Poznan clan along with his Bata. They planned it all out, forcing all the other local super' in the area to join in or be wiped out. They are of a great number in the area while we are so very small. My whole flutter is here of nine we were defenseless against them. As was the two Vetalas that were forced here. We have no idea where he found the Wendigo to join in.” well once you get a Fairy to start talking he never shuts up.

Bring me the body of the Alpha before me this instant!” the Queen screamed out; it wasn't moments later before his naked body was laid before the Faerie. The Queen stooped down extending her claw-like talons digging them into the Alpha's chest directly over his heart twisting her hand then yanking it smoothly back out bring with it the Alpha's heart. She raised her form to her full height raising her extended arm out before her up and out for all below to see. The Faerie’s eyes grew wide looking up at the Alpha's heart in the Queens hand.

“Fae! Now you were telling me that all this was the mastermind of one single Alpha, this Alpha who’s heart I now hold in my hand? And his Bata? And you went along with it to save your life and the lives of your Flutter? Where is the logic in that?” The Queen looked down at this Fae and shook her head side to side. “So sad, so, so sad really. Guess you never thought that through did you now, because you all lost and the punishment for attacking one of my castles is death. Valia.” I stepped forward and with a quick swing of my sword his head rolled off his shoulders and back off the bridge into the water down below. He stayed kneeling for a few seconds before following his head into the molt below. “Before you all I hold your Alpha's heart. See it how fragile it is, so easily crushed” The Queen crushed it between her fingers like squeezing out jelly out between her fingers. “The same way we squashed your little rebellion today. Guards Kill them all!” The Queen's voice rang out. It was over and done with in no time flat all the remaining attacker lay waste on the ground.

That was the end of the revolt against the retirement castle besides all the cleanup and what little paperwork the guards had to do to restock the castle with supplies for the men that were to remain which from that point on will be down from over one thousand to under five hundred. The castle is being renovated for a second retirement castle like the one in the UK so they can separate the species. Werewolves here and the rest over in the UK. The wolves don't quite get along with most all of the supernatural species still; even in retirement. That is all, but in our family the one exception.

After two weeks away from home we finally made it back with plans for a few days for total relaxation.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 129 23
I look as she yells at my beta for making her friend mad, and I can't help but think about her. She is always going to be my world, no matter what. W...
577K 12.7K 62
Everyone remembers the legends of the feud between wolves and vampires. But what happens when the whole story isn't told and only a hand full of wol...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...
0 0 10
In the final book, set 2 years after the events of book 5, will Mary be able to undo what was done and bring back those that were lost. Mary and her...