Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 9

7.8K 232 31
By zjmfatty

His face.

I know it's a weird thing to think about, but his face just... bothered me. And not because it was all bruised and what not, it was his expression. Usually when guys were seen in public with a black eye, or broken nose, they'd play it off like it was no big deal, or brag about how they got it. But lately I've heard that whenever someone brought up the question, as to how he got his bruised cheek and split lip, all Jayce would do is scratch the back of his neck awkwardly, and make up some excuse about having to go. And it's not like I could just go up to him and say, "Hey what happened to your face?" Even though most girls and guys did, but him and I haven't been on talking terms.

And it's not like I could ask Parker, because I never had the chance to see him since his little conversation with Jayce lasted longer than I thought. Every time I'd try to bring it up with him, all he would do is immediately change the subject. That talk they had was on Wednesday, and now it's Friday.

Two days.

Two stupid days that consisted of nothing but secrets. Secrets that no one would bother telling me. Colton still has yet to speak to me, and for sure I will not make the first move since to me this whole fight was his fault, so if he's the one waiting for an apology, then good luck buddy. 

On the other hand, it's a bit amusing seeing him and Lillian basically attached by the waist every day. They looked happy, genuinely happy together, I have never actually looked at them this way, but now that I could actually see how they would look together, it's not at all weird.

"Hey sweetheart, are you even listening to me?" I blinked away the blurriness of my vision, and noticed a hand waving back and forth in front of me.

"Sorry Parker, I just zoned out a bit." I muttered embarrassingly.

An amused smile covered his face, "You really need to stop doing that. There could be some sort of fire and everyone could be yelling and saying directions, and you'd be sitting there staring at who knows what, thinking about you know, some cute guy you have a crush on."

I smacked his arm playfully, "Just so you know, I don't have a crush on anyone, alright?"

"Denial," He said in some sort of song like tune.

Currently, we were sitting on the bleachers in front of the football field, and it was about an hour and a half before the game actually started, then after that, the most amazing and super fun carnival!

Note the sarcasm.

"Whatever," I muttered, "Anyways, shouldn't you be getting ready for your game tonight? I don't want to be blamed for making you guys lose just because you didn't do any pre-game rituals or anything like that."

He replied, leaning back, "No worries Alex, unlike Cameron who has to wear his lucky underwear to every game, I have no pre-game ritual. And besides, if the team needed me, they'd call me, and as of now I don't hear anyone calling my name."

As if by coincidence, I heard someone calling out from a distance, "Parker!"

Our heads turned at the sudden voice, which seemed to belong to the spawn of the devil... I mean Miles. He came into view standing on the field, with a scowl on his face, "Adams, coach has been looking all over for you!"

I noticed Parker roll his eyes, he yelled back, since we were seated at the very top of the bleachers, "Well you know there's this thing called a cell phone, which people use to contact each other and it's pretty popular these days!"

I giggled at his sarcasm, which seemed to bother Miles.

"If I knew you were with stalker girl, then I would've taken up your offer on using a phone. But being the good friend I am, I took it upon myself to find you. Anyways, why are you with her?"

He spit out the last word as if it was poison to his mouth. He does know that I'm literally sitting right here, right?

Parker's jaw tensed up, "Her name isn't stalker girl, it's Alex. And don't talk about her as if she isn't sitting right next to me. She is a person too."

Miles had a smug look on his face, "Honestly, does it look like I care?"

"You should, " Parker replied, "Her brother happens to be the captain of our team, and he won't hesitate in kicking you off. And if that happens, your so called status in this school will drop down."

"Oh really? So just like yours?" He smirked, knowing that his little comment ticked Parker. "Just in case you haven't noticed, your status as Mr. Popular's best friend is non-existent in this school. Ever since you started hanging out with your little charity case over there, no one even acknowledges you anymore."

I glanced at Parker, who happened to be standing right next to me. He then smiled a sarcastic grin, "From the words from a complete dick, does it look like I care?"

I let out a laugh, which really seemed to bother Miles.

His face had a scowl on it, and he glared in our direction, "Just get your ass in the locker room."

As Miles walked away, I clapped, "I applaud you."

He did little bows with a triumphant expression on his face, "Thank you, thank you very much."

"You better get going though, just because you're friends with me, doesn't mean that Cameron will go soft on you for being late." I said with a smirk.

His mouth formed an "o" and quickly gathered his things, "You're right. I should get going."

He put his bag on his back, and rushed down the flight of steps, leading down towards the field, "I'll see you later!"

Just as he was about to leave the field, he called back, "Oh, and don't forget, I'm going to need you to bring a jacket and something to keep you warm for tonight at the carnival! Bye Alex!"

Ah, he was right. Since it was the winter season, it really did get cold during nighttime. Having no way to go home, how was I suppose to bring something keep myself warm.

That's right! I had forgotten that I kept a spare jacket in my locker all the time.

You never know when you're going to have an accident, and I'm not talking about not being able to hold in your urine.

I walked down the bleachers, heading inside the empty school building, my destination being my locker.

Was this carnival thing with Parker, a date?

Whoa, back up 500 feet, where did that come from? Why would I go on a date with Parker Adams?

I mean he was good looking and one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, but my last sort of date was with his best friend, Jayce.

Actually, I really don't even know if that was a date. So let's scratch that. My last real official date was a year ago, back when I was a sophomore. But I'd rather not get into that.

Getting back on track, was this a date with Parker? Hell, I don't even know if he likes me that way.

Opening up my plain blue metal locker door, I grabbed a black zip-up jacket, and closed the door. As I did that, I had no idea that there was someone standing right behind the open door.

I jumped back, clutching my chest, feeling the fast paced beating of my heart, "Dude oh my gosh Colton, don't do that to me!"

He face looked sullen, "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you like that."

My breathing fell back into its normal pace, "It's alright. What do you want anyways?"

"I uh, just wanted to talk to you." He replied with a blank expression.

My eyebrows furrowed, "So now you want to talk? Because according to the past couple of days, you have been avoiding me, and spending all your time with Lillian."

"You did the same with Parker, who you've barely even known for like a week?" He retorted.

I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Can we walk, and I'll tell you."

I nodded, and we walked side-by-side through the deserted hallways of our school. We fell into an awkward silence, the only sound coming from our footsteps echoing throughout the halls.

I broke the silence with a question, "If you don't mind me asking, why were you so upset when I told you that I went out with Jayce?"

This question didn't seem to faze him at all, "As much as I want to reveal this to you, I can't."

"I thought best friends didn't keep secrets. We tell each other everything, so why are you stopping now?" I asked, stepping in unison with him.

He sighed, as we reached the back exit of the school, leading towards the field and other buildings, "This isn't a secret, more of a long story."

"Let me guess, you're not going to tell me this long story of yours, am I right?" I glanced at him, only seeing the side of his face, since he wasn't looking at me.

He had a small smile on his face, "We all have stories we will never tell, at least for now anyways."

I muttered disappointedly, "Of course."

He clutched my upper arm, halting me from walking away, "But I am sorry for what I said about you. I'm telling you the truth here; any guy would be lucky to have you... even if it is Jayce. Everything I said back at your house was all just in the heat of the moment, although that isn't an excuse. It's just that, what went down between Jayce and I changed everything for me, and I'm sorry if you like him or whatever, but I just really can't stand him. I do hope that you forgive me though."

Thinking for a while, I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Why wouldn't I forgive you? You're my best friend Colton, I'm not going to let some stupid fight end a long term friendship with you."

I heard him let out a sigh of relief, "Thank God, because I seriously can not go another week without you."

"What about Lillian?" I questioned, pulling away from our embrace.

He laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck, "What about her?"

"You had Lillian's company the whole time, you seemed fine without me." I replied.

He had a faint smile on his face, "Yeah well, she just makes me so nervous and anxious all the time. When it was just the three of us I was fine, I don't know why I kept feeling like that with her."

I came upon a realization and I plastered a big grin onto my face, which seemed to creep him out, "You're scaring me Alex."

"You like her." I stated happily.

He scoffed, waving it off, "Okay, stop right there. For one, I don't like Lillian. Now before we get into a deeper talk about this, would you like to go out for a bite to eat before the game, and forget about this whole talk? Please?"

I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest, "Desperate much Colton?"

He smiled, slinging an arm around my shoulder, walking us both towards the parking lot, "You are definitely right, I am oh so desperate to hang out with my best friend because she's been too infatuated with Parker Adams."

I slapped his shoulder playfully, as his car came into view, "Okay, okay that's a whole different story, which I do not want to explain on an empty stomach. So the faster we get there, the faster you'll hear the whole story."

We both slipped into the car, and headed to the nearest and most popular café in the whole town, The Factory.

"That was some game." Colton said, as we fled from the bleachers. Hartwell won by 4 points, and that was practically the only thing I got from the game, aside from the fact that there was a lot of tackling and running.

I muttered, "Yeah."

And that seemed to amuse Colton, "And I'm guessing that you probably don't even know what happened, besides the fact that we won."

The game had ended about 10 minutes ago; everyone had fled towards the parking lot, where the carnival was set up. I asked Colton if he was going, which he confirmed that he was going, with Lillian.

"So where's Lil, you might want to meet up with her so she's not alone." I smirked in his direction, which he returned with a glare.

"We're just hanging out as friends tonight, besides you're spending the night with Parker, is that not suppose to mean something?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but closed instantly when I saw Parker coming our way, "Hey Alex!"

I smiled as he stopped in front of Colton and I, "Hey, great job tonight."

"Thanks, I appreciate you saying that, even though you probably didn't understand a thing during that game."

I had a shocked expression on my face, "Does everyone literally think that I'm clueless at football?"

"Yes," they both said in unison.

I huffed, "Anyways, Colton you should probably meet up with Lillian, don't want to keep the future Mrs. Michaels waiting."

He glared at me, before turning around searching for Lillian.

Parker laughed, and said, "So, want to head inside?"

I grinned, "Lead the way."

As we stepped into the transformed parking lot, it was as if we were nowhere near school anymore. There were hanging lights throughout the lot, lighting up the whole carnival. There were food stands, rides, and what amazed me the most was the lit up ferris wheel. I don't exactly remember when the last time I went to a carnival was, but this really amazed me. I felt like a 6-year-old kid on Christmas morning.

"You okay there Alex?"

I turned to Parker, who was staring at me amusingly, "Yeah, it's just really cool here."

His eyebrows raised, "Really? The Alexandria Simmons is actually starting to have fun?  I am shocked."

I playfully smacked him, which he just laughed at. "Anyways, why don't we head onto our first ride? What do you want to go on?" He questioned politely.

"Hmm," I looked around, at all the lit up rides, my eyes setting on one that seemed decent, "The carousel!"

He sighed, "You cannot be serious."

I smiled, tugging his hand, while leading the way towards the plastic horses.

This will be fun.

Parker sighed, plopping down on a nearby bench, "I'm tired."

"Already? We've only been on like five rides, I'm still up for more!" I said excitedly.

And I wasn't lying. I'm actually having some genuine fun.

"Well excuse you, I happened to play a football game before this." He replied.

I rolled my eyes, "Which just so happened to be over an hour ago, suck it up Adams!"

"And here I thought you would be having a miserable time." He muttered under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear.

I whined, "One last ride, then we're done. Please?"

He sighed, obviously giving in, "Which one?"

My eyes lit up as I saw the big towering wheel, which seemed to be the center attention of this carnival, "The ferris wheel!"

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that." He said sadly.

I laughed, "What? Is Mr. Football Player afraid of heights?"

He didn't even need to reply because by the look of his face, I already knew his answer, "Oh my gosh, you are afraid of heights." My face showed an expression of realization.

He nodded, "Unfortunately yes. But it's alright, I'll still go on it with you, if that makes you happy."

Suddenly I felt bad for teasing him, "No it's totally fine, we could just walk around and hang out."

"Alex, I'll go with you, no big deal."

Before I could respond to him, our attention averted to a couple arguing by one of the tents. Getting a good look at the couple, I had just realized who it was, Jayce and Quinn.

"So what you're trying to tell me is that you and Miles were just 'hanging out' behind the dumpster together alone?" Jayce said, kind of loudly.

Their conversation caught everyone's attention.

Quinn simply shrugged, "Yes, Miles and were just talking together."

Jayce scoffed, "Okay, you know what Quinn, cut the crap. You guys were making out, don't deny it. You were cheating on me with one of my closest friends, and guess what that means?"

She raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms over her chest, "And what exactly does that mean?"

"I'm breaking up with you."

Did he just say that?

As he let out that statement, everyone gasped, even her and myself.

"Are you serious? You cannot be breaking up with me!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up.

Jayce laughed bitterly, "Well news flash Quinn, I just did!"

She glared at him, "If this is just about Miles and I, then I suggest you rethink about that, because don't even think for one second that I don't know about your whole little secret relationship with stalker girl! Everyone was talking about it, and do you not know how that made me feel?! It made me feel like such a loser because I'd never thought that you'd go for someone like her."

He scoffed, "Oh my gosh, can you just forget about her for two seconds? For the past two weeks all you've been talking about is her! If you're so obsessed about talking about her, why don't you just date her! It seems that you have more interest in her than me. And this breakup was not in the heat of the moment; I've been planning this for weeks Quinn, because I finally figured out why you even went out with me in the first place! All you wanted was the popularity; you wanted the high status in this school, and congratulations because you got it. But now, that's all gone, because I'm through listening to all your bitching."

Her jaw dropped down in shock. She was about to retaliate, when Jayce put a hand up stopping her.

"And if you want to complain about this breakup to someone, why don't you go to Miles, who I'm sure will listen to you, just to get in your pants."

His statement ended, followed by a couple of, "ooh's"

She took deep breaths, and plastered such a fake smile onto her face, "You know what, I'm going to go and let you think about this... little breakdown you're having." She adjusted her bag strap onto her shoulder, "I'll see you tomorrow at our usual spot, and we'll talk about this relationship."

She never knows when to stop. That girl seriously has too much pride in her.

I let out a laugh, as she pushed her way through the gathered crowd around them. Just as I was about to flee with the rest of the crowd, Jayce turned around, facing my direction.

At least his face had healed.

All he did was stare at me; it was as if he was trying to tell me something. He then sighed, and gave me a small smile, before disappearing into the crowd of people. 

-

Authors Note:

ahahahaha, hi.

I'm exhausted.

So I hope you guys enjoy this sort of long chapter! Thank you guys for 300 reads! Yay!

ON THE SIDE: your favorite antagonist Quinn Mitchell played by Dianna Agron

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE 

Until next time,

-queenfreakco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
1.9K 84 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
692 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...