Zootopia: The Series File

By EternalLuv4ever

If you haven't read her last story, then you're missing out. Sapphire Lovell, the only human living in Zootop... More

Intro
Case File 1: The Unexpected Trip Part 1
Case File 1: The Unexpected Trip Part 2
Case File 2: Bunnyburrow Burglary Part 1
Case File 2: Bunnyburrow Burglary Part 2
Case File 3: The Savannahians
Case File 4: Meeting The Family
Case File 5: BB-Q-BOOM!
Case File 6: Madness at The Temple Part 1
Case File 6: Madness at The Temple Part 2
Case File 7: Tune-Deaf
Case File 8: The Heist
Case File 9: Nocturnal Cave-In
Case File 10: Kidnapped!! Part 1
Case File 10: Kidnapped!! Part 2
Case File 10: Kidnapped!! Part 3
Update
Case File 11: Reunion
Case File 12: Salvation Of The Heart
Case File 13: The Elusive Thief Part 1
Case File 13: The Elusive Thief Part 2
Case File 14: A Feline's Love Trial
Case File 15: Operation: 'Spying On Love'
Case File 16: Halloween Fright Part 1
Case File 16: Halloween Fright Part 2
Case File 16: Halloween Fright Part 3
Case File 17: The Academy Epidemic
Case File 18: Cops and Agents Part 1
Case File 18: Cops and Agents Part 2
Case File 19: Jingle Bell Pop Stars
Case File 20: The Christmas Gift Part 1
Case File 20: The Christmas Gift Part 2
Case File 20: The Christmas Gift Part 3
Case File 21: Surfing For Justice
Case File 22: Toxicity By Lavender Rose
Case File 23: Mending The Bonds
Case File 24: Luck Be, No Green?
Case File 26: Roadside Hijinks
Update
Case File 27: Fangs Off, Fangs On
Case File 28: Our Future Part 1
Case File 29: Our Future Part 2
Case File 30: Our Future Part 3
Update

Case File 25: Wedding Mishaps

185 5 0
By EternalLuv4ever

Hi guys! If you're reading this, then thanks for your support so far. This case file is just for you. Enjoy~.....

In the Lovell house, Sapphire and her sons were cleaning in the living room. Sapphire dusted, Tojirou cleaned the dishes, and Cypress was moving some books to the bookshelf. Suddenly, he saw something drop to the floor. When he picked it up, he realized it was a photo of his mom, along with her friends at some wedding party.

"Hey, mom," the kangaroo called, "who's this in the picture?" Sapphire walked over to him. 

"Oh, its Whintey. She's Daniel's wife."

"She looks pretty in her wedding dress...but~ why are all of you covered in frosting?" 

"Ahahaha! Its a long story..."

"Come on, you gotta tell me," Cypress eagerly grinned, "please, Sapphire?" 

"Alright, Cypress. Don't give me those big eyes." Tojirou joined them on the couch.

It started around the last two weeks of January...

[They'll be talking throughout the story]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The quiet neighborhood was still in the night. Inside the house, Sapphire was in her room sleeping soundly. Suddenly, her phone went off, waking her. She felt groggy, but she slowly looked at the caller id, and swiped her phone to answer.

"Mm...hello...?" 

'Sapphire?'

"....Whitney....?"

'Sorry if I'm calling so early, but its urgent. I don't know who else to turn to.' Sapphire looked at the clock; 4:35 a.m.

"What's the matter?" She propped her arm on the bed.

'The wedding planner cancelled on us.'

"What!?" Sapphire sat up in alarm.

'I know~ and there's only days before the wedding.' Sapphire could hear the distress in Whitney's voice. 

[You can guess what I did after that.]

"Listen. If you need some help, then let me take care of it."

'Are you sure?'

"You deserve a perfect wedding, so I'll pick up where the planner left off, and go from there."

'If you're okay with it...'

"No problem. I'll take care of it."

'Oh~ thanks, Sapphire.'

"Alright, now go to sleep. Oh, and tell Danny to bring the schedule in the morning at work."

'Will do.' 

"Okay...I'll see you soon. Bye." Sapphire sighed as she hung up. Suddenly, a knock at her doorway, and she saw Tojirou standing there while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry Toji." She went over and picked him up. 

"You won't believe the mission I just signed up for."

[C: So you had to plan the whole wedding?

S: Yup...but I had to convince your grandpa first.]

"And so I was hoping you could give me some time off..." She sat on the opposite side of his desk.

"Hmm, I can see your predicament," he stated, "I'll allow this, but make sure you don't over exert yourself."

"I won't, dad."

"By the way, do you know exactly what you're doing for the wedding?"

"Unfortunately," she sighed deeply and put the wedding plan folder on the desk. 

"Apparently this wedding planner didn't have a clue. She was way behind schedule in finding the flowers, the entertainment, and three other important events. Well, I better get going. Have a good day, chief."

"Yes, thank you....and don't stay out too late!" 

"I won't," she playfully rolled her eyes. 

Sapphire walked into the lobby to greet Clawhauser. 

"Hey Benjamin. How are things?"

"Business as usual. Hey, I heard your planning Whitney and Daniel's wedding."

"Yup. Know any place I could start with good flowers?"

"Hmm~ that would be Rainforest District. They got the best plants and flowers blooming this season."

"Great. See ya later." 

[When I got there, I hoped to find the nearest flower shop. Although, I didn't expect to bump into some friends on the way.]

Sapphire was turning the corner near some fruit stands, when she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." 

Sapphire realized she bumped into not one, but two mammals. It was Mr. Manchas and Grandpa Wolfram/Mr. Wolfram. 

"Mr. Manchas, Mr. Wolfram...good morning."

"Morning," Mr. Wolfram grinned, "what brings you here, Sapphire? I thought you were at work."

"Actually I'm filling in as the wedding planner for Whitney and Daniel's wedding. Are you two still coming?"

"We got the invitations, so yes," Manchas smiled.

"Great. And to answer your question...I'm trying to find a flower shop that sells orchids."

"Save your money, Sapphire," Wolfram swatted his paw, "we know a place you can get the best orchids this rainforest has."

"Follow us." 

Taking a chance, Sapphire followed the older mammals, until they arrived at Mr. Manchas's home. Walking across the rickety bridge, Sapphire glanced down below and where Manchas's house was. Still beautiful as ever; it reminded her of adventuring into the forests of Brazil. Manchas brought them around the house, and showed a genuine elevator shaft made of vines and sturdy wood. 

"Going down?" 

The three stood in it, as Manchas carefully lowered them to a secluded garden that was breathtaking. Sapphire got off and walked around, admiring the beautiful flowers and plants. Among the fields were a group of orchids, variegating from white, yellow, pink and Whitney's favorite; purple. 

"These are amazing. Did you grow these yourself, Mr. Manchas?"

"With a little help from my old friend here," the jaguar patted Mr. Wolfram's back.

"I think these will be enough for the wedding."

"Really? You'll let me use these?"

"Of course," Manchas smiled. 

"Oh--thank you, thank you!" She hugged them as they laughed. Just as they were having a good time, they were interrupted by the sounds of a siren. 

"What's going on down there?" Manchas questioned. Sapphire saw three police vehicles surrounding a shop. 

"Good thing I always carry work with me."

 She saluted to them, and used the vines to swing and slide her way down. Meanwhile, the police were pointing their weapons at the criminals, a group of okapi dressed in black. 

"Put your hooves up where I can see them!"

"Fat chance, coper!" One shouted. 

Above the shop, Sapphire slid her way to the rooftop, staring down at the others. 

[C: Oh! Is this where you beat up the bad guys?

S: Hey, who's telling the story, here?

C: Sorry...

S: Anyway....]

"You put your weapons down first!" 

FWOOM~

"?" The okapis looked down when something came over their heads. Suddenly, their legs got caught, lifting them off the ground.

"Look out below~!" Sapphire pulled the vine as the criminals were lifted higher and higher. When her feet made contact, she tied the vine to a nearby lamppost. 

"Officer Lovell?" Sapphire turned to see two wolves.

"Well if it isn't Officers Hunter and Howlsworth. How's it going?" 

"Its good to see you, Lovell," Howlworth saluted, "but I didn't expect a 'surprise visit' from you."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was in town, so...ooh~" She looked at the shop, and saw that it sold lanterns and candles. 

"Yeah, this place is really popular," Hunter implied, "so I wouldn't be surprised why these guys robbed the place." They saw a rhino officer take the criminals towards the vehicle. Unaware to them, a giant leaf was tilting itself downward, making rustling noises.

"Hm?" 

SPLASH!!

"AAH!" 

"L-Lovell...are you okay...?" Hunter asked. Sapphire gave a deadpan look.

[C: That's one way of taking a shower. Are we getting to the good part, now?

S: Not yet...but soon.]

"Stolen? Wow....I mean, you're the fifth store I've contacted that said the same thing."

Its been happening all over Zootopia. We still haven't heard from ZPD who did this.

"How long was it when your items were stolen?"

Since yesterday.

"Yesterday....well, okay then. Thank you for your time."

You're welcome, miss. Have a good day.

"You too." She hung up. That's when Tojiorou came in with some juice in two glasses. He offered her the drink.

"Thank you, my little boy," she let him sit on her lap. 

Ring~

Her phone went off.

"Hello? Lovell, here," she answered, "oh, hey Whitney..."

'Hey Sapphire. Just wanted to check up on you. Are you doing okay?'

"Yes, I'm fine. I managed to find some lovely orchids for your wedding."

'Is there...'

"Purple, your favorite color."

'Great.'

"Have you and the bridesmaids picked out your outfits?"

'Yes. Daniel and his friends are ready with their tuxes, too.'

"Hey, quick question...what kind of music do you want the guests to hear?"

'Oh, any kind. Plus, some of the guests will be kids, so maybe some pop music or some type of band.'

"A band~ huh?" Sapphire smirked, "I think I have the solution. And what about location?"

'We were thinking Tundratown, but we don't want the guests to freeze during the reception. I'll have to discuss with Daniel about it. Oh, I have to get to work now.'

"Alright. I'll talk to you later." She looked down at her son.

"I hope you have sunblock, Tojirou. We're going to Sahara Square."

[We went towards S. Studios, and luck came my way when I saw the Savannahians.]

"Miss Lovell?' Mr. Oakley, their contractor, came towards her. 

"Mr. Oakley."

"Thank god you're here," he walked over and put his paws on her hands, "its terrible, and...oh, Lovell, you feel wet. What happened?"

"Bad weather." 

[C: How did you get wet again?

S: Who would have thought a barrel of water would come crashing my way.]

"Sorry to hear that. Anyway, the band's instruments, and even the other instruments from the studio are missing. They were all in here when I checked yesterday...."

"Are you implying that someone stole them?" She saw the band showing depressed looks. 

"Apparently," he sighed, "I mean, who would steal every last instrument in this building?"

"Could you perhaps report this to your boss?"

"I'm not on duty, but I'll give him a call."

"And guys, don't worry...I'll postpone everything until we get this matter settled."

"Alright." Kayne and his friends were  walking out of the building with Sapphire. 

"Sorry you had to cancel your plans."

"Its okay," Danny smiled.

"Are ya headed somewhere?" Kiba asked, carrying Tojirou in his arms.

"Well, I'm busy planning a wedding."

"A wedding...sounds fun."

"I was hoping you guys could be the entertainment."

"Too bad someone stole our instruments," Manny sighed. 

"Well, we won't know until the results are in." 

"Since we have time," Kayne turned to her, "maybe we can help out."

"No, you don't have to..."

"Yes, we can. Right, guys?" They all nodded.

"Well...okay. Just let me call in at work." 

At ZPD, everyone was having lunch. For Bogo, he ate some salad at his desk, putting aside paper work. Suddenly, his phone went off. 

"Chief Bogo, here."

"Hi, chief. Its me."

"Sapphire," he said, "is something wrong? You sound distressed."

"Well, I was wondering....do you know anyone who's doing theft cases lately? Possibly from~ yesterday?" 

"Theft, huh...hmm.....there are three groups solving the stolen goods from stores in different locations."

"Could one of them be a shop in Rainforest District?"

"Ah, yes. Why do you ask?"

"Well I have a new theft case for you. Its in Sahara Square, and the crime committed in the S. Studios. All instruments, including the Savannahians' instruments, were stolen last night. No time of date was recorded. Maybe you can look through archives, and see if anyone targets certain wedding-related-products?" 

"Alright," he wrote it down, "I'll have a team look into it."

"Okay. See ya."

"Hold on, Sapphire."

"...Yes?"

"How are things with the wedding plans?"

"Well, after what I just said, you can guess....but, that's no excuse! I'll just have to think outside the box!" She spoke with confidence. 

"Don't hesitate to ask for my help," Bogo said sternly, but with care.

"I won't, dad. I appreciate your concern."

"Very well." 

"And dad..."

"?"

"Love you. See you at the wedding." She smiled when hearing Bogo choke on his coffee, knowing he was embarrassed. 

"Dad?" Kayne questioned.

"I got adopted into a family."

"Really," Kiba intervened, "who is it?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," she sung as she walked with her son. She ignored the pleading between the twins as they all left Sahara Square. 

[C: So what happened next?

S: Well, I thought things would turn around...but then I showed my 'angry-side']

Knock Knock

"Oh, coming~" Sapphire turned the knob down to low on the stove and quickly went towards the front door. When she opened it, Martin was standing there carrying a large box.

"Hey, Sapphire."

"Hi Martin. Come in." The tiger closed the door and surprised her with a long kiss. 

"What was that for?" She asked with satisfaction. 

"Solving crime's no fun without my partner." He wrapped his other arm around her waist.

[C: Gross~don't tell me that.

S: Hehehe...]

"Why don't you help me fix dinner and we can all eat." Martin set the box next to the other boxes. 

"I heard about the missing supplies from those stores. We got five teams working on it."

"I know," Sapphire sighed, "just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, karma stabs me in the back." She gestured her thumb at her back. Martin went over to check on the soup. 

"You're doing a great job," he smiled at her, "and whatever you can get, Whitney and Daniel are thankful to have a friend like you." Tojirou came in and hopped onto a seat. Just then, the home telephone rang. Martin answered it.

"Hello? Oh, hey Danny. Yeah, she's right here." Martin gave Sapphire the phone. 

"Hey Danny. What's up?...wait, seriously? What happened?" Tojirou saw his mother's worried expression.

"I see...well, don't worry. I have a backup plan for that. I'll see ya later." She hung up as she groaned.

"Ugh~" 

"What's wrong?" Martin asked.

"You know that cake shop that does specials for weddings? Someone stole their wedding cake."

"What!? No way. How come I didn't hear this?"

"Because it happened today when the couple went to check out the finished product--geez!...stolen candles, stolen wedding supplies, instruments, and now this...this! has gone far enough. I'm calling an emergency meeting."

"With who? Our coworkers?"

"Not just them."

[C: What kind of calvary did you call?

S: The experts.]

.....Next Day....

"Thank you for coming on short notice, everyone." Sapphire stood behind the island, as she faced the four females; Mrs. Hefton, Ms. Lank, Ms. Snoweather, and Mrs. Hooverton.

"We're happy to help," Mrs. Hooverton smiled.

"Okay then...does everyone know their roles?"

"Affirmative, Sapphire," Ms Lank nodded.

"Don't worry about us," Ms Snoweather reassured.

"We can handle the rest while you head out," Mrs. Hefton implied. Sapphire then turned to the kids.

"And you make sure you guys help your moms...and keep an eye on my boy, too."

"Yes, ma'am," Kyle and his friends saluted.

"I'm off!" She waved as the others said goodbye. Sapphire pressed her badge, and out came the wheels and skated off. 

[While they help plan the wedding, I was creating my own type of 'thief bait.']

Sapphire skated her way down the street, until she entered the donut shop. 

"Allan, you here!?" She beckoned him right when he was coming out of the kitchen.

"Hey, Sapphire. What's the rush?"

"Call every baker and pastry chef you know, cause' we got a big order to fill."

Sapphire, Allan, along with the well known chefs and bakers around Zootopia, gathered inside ZPD's cafeteria. Some of the officers pitched in. Judy and Nick were with a group in charge of stirring the ingredients. Randal, Daniel, and Martin helped decorate the finished food products. When all was done, everyone gazed at three marvelous wedding cakes. One was covered in yellow frosting, with white frosted roses. The second had white frosting, with blue trimmings and the ZPD badge in the middle layer. Finally, Whitney's favorite; teal frosting on each layer, with purple orchids and vines made of sugar candy all around the cake. 

"Alright mammals," Chief Bogo shouted, "Team A, head west of Savannah Central! Team B, to Rainforest District! Team C will station here!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Let's go!"

The teams dispersed. At that moment, Martin put a paw on her shoulder.

"This is a great idea."

"I agree," Nick nodded. 

"Let's hope it works," Sapphire implied.

>>>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>>>>

A van was driving down the streets of Savannah Central. It stopped by a mansion up on a hill. Wolves were exiting the car as they carried boxes. Inside, a male weasel was watching as they carried in the three big cakes.

"Hurry, now. We don't have much time."

"I agree." Suddenly, he saw the officers arresting the wolves. 

"What is the meaning--"

"Save it, sir," Nick implied, "we know about your scheme."

"Dad~!" Suddenly, they heard a female's voice. Jogging in was a young female weasel.

"Oh my, what is this?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am," Sapphire kneeled before her, "but I'm afraid that these items your father "bought", were actually stolen goods he hired his men to take."

"Gasp~! Daddy, is this true!?"

"Wh--no sweetie! I--"

"Oh, save it, dear!" The mother weasel came into the scene.

"I wondered where your henchmen ran off to. Here, officer... these pictures will prove that my no-good-cheapskate-husband stole them." She handed Sapphire photos, as Nick and Judy cuffed the weasel.

"I've been planning my daughter's wedding for weeks, now, and this is what you do behind our backs."

"At least you don't have to fill in for a wedding planner that quit on the bride and groom," Sapphire implied.

"Oh, my! The very thought...you poor dears."

"Oh, its no trouble..."

"Please," the bride spoke, "let us give you some supplies for your friend's wedding. We insist, after all the trouble my dad caused."

"Thank you very much."

[C: Hold on. Is this going anywhere? What about the--

S: I'm getting to that part, Cypress. Let's skip to the wedding...]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Time Skip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

City Hall

Daniel and Whitney were finally married. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Sapphire and Martin, along with Judy, Nick, and Randal.

"They look so cute together." 

"You did a good job," Martin hugged her side, "the wedding is great."

"Thanks." 

"Alright, the couple is about to cut the cake." Everyone gathered as the couple strolled up to the cake. On the side, Sapphire and Martin were interrupted by Bogo.

"You two...has the couple cut the cake yet?"

"No, dad. What's wrong?"

"Some of the supplies we received back were booby traps, and exploded into pieces."

"Booby traps?"

"Explode...?" All officers exchanged looks and looked back at the newly weds. Daniel and Whitney were holding the knife. Sapphire and her friends ran over to them.

"Daniel/Whitney, Daniel/Wait/Don't cut the--"

BOOM!!

Everyone gasped or gaped, as the cake exploded. Now, the officers, newly weds, and a few of the guests were covered in frosting and cake filling. Sapphire took a sample from her face. 

"Hmm....vanilla and strawberry filling?" She asked Whitney.

"Yup..." Things were silent, but just looking at each other made the girls laughed. Soon enough everyone did, all sampling the cake on themselves. 

"Hey guys! Over here--big smiles~!" Natalie held her camera as she took a picture of the group. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>End of Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Lucky~I want to see that cake explode." Tojriou smiled at Cypress.

"Well, that's the whole story," Sapphire smiled, "and let me tell you, that job was harder than any case or parking duty I would go through." 

"That was pretty funny," Cypress grinned. 

"Alright guys, let's get back to work. As a reward, we'll go for ice cream."

"Alright! Let's go, Toji!" The two mammals helped set up the books and other things. Sapphire laughed as she put the photo down, next to the picture of her, Martin and her sons. 

Hey guys! That's it for this case! But I'll be updating more on the way.

I hope to see you int he next case file...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 57 57
Someone new arrived at the city of Zootopia. But he is not just anybody else, he has come from another place mysteriously and only to preserve the pe...
4K 97 10
Sequel of "Madnessa " "Life After" are stories about things that happen in the newly engaged couples' life. Chloe, Trinity and Oliver will still be i...
174K 9K 53
Constance thought she could finally stop looking over her shoulder. She has a steady job as a hairstylist, rents a small apartment next door to her b...
890 93 33
Sapphire is just a normal girl, living her normal life. Well, at least she was. That all changed when a new kid joined her school and broke into her...