Case File 1: The Unexpected Trip Part 2

Hi there. I've got the last part right here. So enjoy~....

By the time the dust cleared, I saw an impossible 20 foot tall wall of snow, completely blocking the road

"Sapphire!!" I heard Martin's voice on the other side. 

"Martin!? You okay?!"

"I'm fine! You?!"

"Yeah!" Just then, snow was falling above, and falling fast.

"Martin you need to take Ms. Nevara back to ZPD!"

"What!? No, I'm not leaving you!"

"There's no time...the snow is coming and it'll get too heavy for you to drive through, if you don't go now!"

"What about you!?" 

I looked at my state. Clearly I was bruised on my side and it was too dangerous to stay put. 

"I'll head to the next town!"

"Are you sure!?"

"Yes, just go! I'll try to find Bella!" 

"....Ma'am, we should go." The leopard nodded and went back to her car. 

[I didn't see it, but I knew that Martin was worried for me. Even so, I knew he trusted me as I heard two cars drive away.]

I clutched my waist as I walked down the path. It took half an hour for me to see dim lights flickering a mile away. Though having a coat, my body was already getting tense, my breath all misty and my eyelids forcing to keep awake. That's when my pace was slowing down, and my blood running cold. 

'Hold on...' I kept telling myself, but it wasn't enough. The next thing I knew, my body swayed onto the snowy surface. The only thing I could remember was a bright light shining behind me as my shadow outgrew me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Everything was coming back to focus. My eyes finally opened. I was in a daze, until my vision was clear again. My body though felt heavy and in pain. I could only turn my head, and noticed that I was in a room. I was on a couch, and saw a desk and a fireplace behind it.

'This can't be real...' But trying to get up, I felt the pain on my side, making me slip and fall on the floor.

"Ow...okay...its real," I winced. Just then, footsteps approached me. The next thing I knew two big paws helped me back up on the couch. When I looked up, I realized who it was.