Case File 20: The Christmas Gift Part 3

The final part to Christmas Gift is here! I hope you enjoy this, cause' trust me when I say that you'll be surprised by how it ends. Enjoy~.....

Christmas Eve....

In the back of the building, a crowd of officers were watching from behind the glass screens. Outside the courtyard, Chief Bogo had his back facing them, with Sapphire facing Bogo. Let's just say that Sapphire's sour expression was on par with Bogo's usual kind. 

"This is like a stand off," Fangmeyer thought. 

"I know," Delgato nodded, "I wonder what they're talking about?"

"Whatever it is," Nick implied, "its gotta be something juicy and shocking." By the looks of it, things were just like that.

"Do you know what kind of trouble you are in?" Bogo scolded.

"I said I was sorry on the phone," Sapphire sighed, "and all you did last night was send me home. Without a word. So can we talk about the elephant in the room, now? Excuse the pun..."

"I'm not finished."

"And I'm not finished with mine," she talked back, "you weren't being honest with me. You know who Master Kuma is, because you were the one who took me to get lessons. So what, you didn't want me to find out that I was trained by a karate master?"

"That's not it!"

"And how about that horse in suit I saw yesterday," she pointed at him, "apparently he found lost information about myself, and you didn't want to tell me? And let's not forget about the mayor knowing this secret, too. Care to explain, chief?" The buffalo paused. Sapphire put her finger on her badge.

"This badge says 'integrity, bravery, and trust'. How can I live up to those words if I can't even trust you to know what it is you're hiding. I have a right to know." Things went quiet for a while as they stared at each other. Chief Bogo put two hoof-fingers on the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"....You probably knew that you were an orphan, after your....."

"I know 'that'...but I need to know what this is about."

SLAM

"!!" Jabari was startled by a thud. He turned to see Manson, who gave a serious expression. The elderly buffalo looked down to see Manson's hoof on the file. 

"I found this in dad's office. I know what's going on." Jabari gave a long sigh.

"I suppose I should tell you the reason behind this." 

"It's not that I'm against it or anything," Manson implied, "in fact, I think this is a great idea." Jabari was a bit shocked to hear his grandson agree so quickly. 

"But what I'm mad about, is that you kept this from her. Why didn't you tell Sapphire about this?"

"It was your mother and father's decision," Jabari implied, "after losing her parents, Sapphire was alone...."

Meanwhile....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bogo's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"So you were trying to find a home for me?" Sapphire sat next to me.

"Trying was enough. Despite what happened, no one wanted to give you a home because they were still uneasy of a human. I failed what I started...and after finding those documents, I thought maybe....sigh....You're still young...you have a son who goes to school, you take two jobs and try to make time. I felt that you needed someone to depend on if rough times ever came; a family."