breathless

由 delusionalartist

{Completed} "I want a relationship where people know of us. But know nothing about us." Kaden Brookson is a K... 更多

Cast
Prologue: Cross One, Circle Another
Chapter 1: Do Not Disturb
Chapter 2: Disobey
Chapter 3: Consequences
Chapter 5: Not Asking for Much
Chapter 6: Closer
Chapter 7: Date
Chapter 8: Meeting
Chapter 9: Visitation
Chapter 10: Warning Call
Chapter 11: Conversational
Chapter 12: News
Chapter 13: Discovery
Chapter 14: Clueless
Chapter 15: One Last Time
Chapter 16: The Response
Chapter 17: Drinking
Chapter 18: Homecoming
Epilogue: Plans

Chapter 4: Red

10 2 0
由 delusionalartist

Mack

"Who was at the door?" I ask, walking into the bedroom.

Kaden turns around. "Nobody."

"You're a horrible liar."

He sighs. "It was your friend."

"Devon?"

"Sure. I don't care."

"Well, I do care. She's my friend."

He scoffs. "Friends don't want to take each other to bed."

"I thought we were done talking about this. She was drunk and said things she didn't mean."

"A drunk mind, speaks sober thoughts!" He exclaims.

"I said no to her offer! How many times do I have to say it? I don't like girls!"

"What if she pressured you? What if she continued to have sex with you even after you declined? What then?"

"You don't know her. She would stop if I said no."

"How can you know that? You haven't seen her for months."

"And who's fault is that. I would have been able to have friends if I was let out of this room."

"I was trying to p-"

"No, you were trying to protect yourself. It was never about me."

Kaden opens his mouth. I don't listen anymore to what he has to say as I storm out of the room.

"Mack-"

"I need air," I mumble before exiting through the door.

I walk through the various hallways and stairs. I come across many people some of them look at me and some bow as I walk pass.

I put my hands on the gold of the doorknobs to the front doors, I push them open and walk out into the gleaming sun. I breath in the fresh air as I walk around the front lawn.

Thank god, I don't turn into ash in the sunlight. The sun just isn't that pleasant feeling on my skin.

"Ki-Mack?" I hear from behind me.

I turn around to face Don. "Hey."

He holds out my sunglasses and I take them from him. "Thanks."

"I would advise you to head inside and talk to him," Don says as I slip the sunglasses on my face to protect my eyes.

I shake my head. "I need space and so does he."

"He wants what's best for you."

"Was keeping me sheltered from the rest of the kingdom best for me?"

He shrugs. "I don't know."

I turn away from him and walk further down the lawn. But I turn around when I hear his footsteps. "Do you have to follow me?"

"I'm your guard. I was hired to keep you safe."

"I'm fine. I'm not weak, I can take care of myself. Why does he think so low of me?" I fume, mostly speaking to myself.

"I don't know Mack."

"Okay, I'll tell you what. You stay at the castle but if I'm not back by sundown, then look for me."

"Sounds reasonable."

I smile. "Great."

I walk to the front gate and hop over it and land on the other side. I head to the nearest town.

•••

I look around the streets, taking in my surroundings. There are many humans walking up and down the vast streets, conversing with each other among other things. It makes me sad to think about because I was like them once, I was human a little over two years ago.

Someone taps on my shoulder and I turn around to face them. They have dark brown hair, darker than mine. They say something to me and I think they were asking me directions but I can't be sure.

"I don't speak Romanian, sorry," I apologize, hoping they at least speak a bit of English or this will be awkward for the both of us.

"That's alright. I speak English as well," the man says, kindly. "I just assumed since your in Romania."

I begin walking again. "Yeah, but I'm not native."

He tilts his head and walks in step with me. "Really, where did you grow up?"

"America."

"Why did you travel all the way over to Europe?"

"It's personal."

"I won't judge."

I sigh. "My parents didn't accept the gender I'm attracted to and they kicked me out. So, I moved away, to another country."

This is actually half a lie. I was actually taken from my home because I was a vampire, but my parents didn't like the idea that I liked the same sex.

"So, you're gay?"

I nod.

"And are you seeing anyone at the moment?"

"No offense but I think your too old for me," I tease.

"I'm only thirty years old, pretty boy."

I chuckle. "Your old."

"How old are you then?"

I smirk. "Why would you like to know?" I reach up to fix my sunglasses.

His eyes travel to my hand and I don't see any discomfort in his face. "That colour of nail polish looks great on you."

I blush at the compliment and let my hand fall to my side. Nobody, except Kaden, has ever been that sincere toward me. "Thank you."

"So how old are you?" He asks me again. "I want to compare our ages."

"I'm 18."

His eyes widen. "You're young. I'm almost 15 years older than you."

"I see that."

"Okay, red. Would you mind if I took you out for coffee?" He asks.

"I don't drink coffee."

"What do you drink then?"

"I'm fine. I'm not thirsty. But if you wanted to get something."

"No, its okay. I'll wait until your thirsty."

He walks ahead of me and I don't have to exert myself too much to keep up.

"So, I didn't get your name," I tell him.

"Will you tell me yours as well?" He asks.

I shrug. "I guess."

He holds out his hand. "I'm Alex."

I join our hands and shake his. "Mack."

•••

I enter the castle hours later and a few minutes after sundown. I honestly had a great time today and Alex is a great guy. We ended up getting drinks and I had to discreetly run to the bathroom to dispose of the liquid from my system.

I walk up the various stairs and down various hallways to Kaden and my bedroom. I open the door and Kaden jumps from the bed and attacks me in a hug, burying his face in my neck.

"I'm so sorry Mack. Your right about everything. I just love you so much and I don't want you to hate me. I was so worried. I lo-"

I cut him off with a quick kiss. "I love you too and I'm not mad anymore."

"That's good... I need you, princess. I needed you all day."

"Then take me," I whisper.

_______________

A/N: Thoughts on Mack and Kaden's fight? Thoughts on Alex? Other thoughts?

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

435K 18.1K 47
Book 2 - Gyres of Hunger (MxM) Celian Quillios was lost. He ruled a Kingdom, now after only a few years on the throne, heading to war. The vampires...
998K 35.3K 76
Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in his birthday party. That day, he bluntly...
15.6K 1.4K 29
A royal bloodline gets divided by rebels' attempted regicide, casting Alvina from her throne and into hiding, as Quinn, the bastard brother, is force...
410K 21.6K 48
Seth Lenoir is the prince of the Ikricaea Empire in France. He is soon to be crowned King, his mother Ella Marie Lenoir is Queen. His eighteenth bir...