Extra Ordinary

By oeurwari

The story of an ordinary girl's encounter with an extraordinary hero and what trials and tribulations come af... More

Chapter One - 'Groceries At 8 & Getting Kidnapped- Same Thing'
Chapter Two - 'You're Bloody And Wounded, You're Fine'
Chapter Three - 'Ghoulish'
Chapter Four - 'This Is A Good Milkshake'
Chapter Five - 'Like From Pokemon?'
Chapter Six - 'Which Sweetheart?'
Chapter Seven - 'Walking, Teleporting- Same Thing.'
Chapter Eight - 'I Picture A Dude In Spandex'
Chapter Nine - 'That Doesn't Sound Right...'
Chapter Ten - 'Can't Mind My Own Business, Clearly'
Chapter Eleven - 'Emergency'
Chapter Twelve - 'Thanks For Asking'
Chapter Thirteen - 'Silent Showdown'
Chapter Fourteen - 'My Bad'
Chapter Fifteen - 'Did I Become Prettier?'
Chapter Seventeen - 'That's Not Vague At All'
Chapter Eighteen - 'Scars Don't Go Away'
Chapter Nineteen - 'I Sound Like George'
Chapter Twenty - 'I'd Prefer It If You Were A Dog Person'
Chapter Twenty-One - 'We've Bonded Over Pain'
Chapter Twenty-Two - 'You Could Give The Devil Chills'
Chapter Twenty-Three - 'Weaselled Her Way In'
Chapter Twenty-Four - 'A Big Heart'
Chapter Twenty-Five - 'The Liv Limit'
Chapter Twenty-Six - 'Weird Trash Talker'
Chapter Twenty-Seven - 'Everything Sucks'
Chapter Twenty-Eight - 'Death By Brownie'
Chapter Twenty-Nine - 'You Shed Like Crazy.'
Chapter Thirty - 'Delivery Girl- Psych's Sidekick!'
Chapter Thirty-One - 'The Sweetest Bloody Angel They've Ever Met'
Chapter Thirty-Two - 'A Hellbent Demon'
Chapter Thirty-Three - 'A Certain Kind Of Dumb Luck'
Chapter Thirty-Four - 'Do I Have To Beat Someone Up?'
Chapter Thirty-Five - 'I'll Kick You In The Shin'
Chapter Thirty-Six - 'The Peculiar Case Of Three Heroes'
Chapter Thirty-Seven - 'Is That Blood?'
Chapter Thirty-Eight - 'I've Seen Her Without Bangs'
Chapter Thirty-Nine - 'A Cat's Choice'
Chapter Forty - 'Your Number Two Hero'
Q&A +

Chapter Sixteen - 'Thugs' Doing'

7.5K 490 157
By oeurwari

[ A/N: Who's your favourite character so far? ]

-

After the awkward explanation to everyone about why Reece may have been suspiciously on top of me, I figured it was time for everyone to go home- I couldn't handle the tension between Ash and Reece any longer. Ash seemed irritated beyond grasp, and I was having a hard time trying to decipher why.

"Your arm should be in a sling for a while." Reece advised before holding a long pause, "Goodnight Olivia." he finally said before sauntering out of the room. Before I could even comprehend that he'd finally used my name, both of the brothers had left my line of sight and their footsteps and had begun retreating downstairs.

I catch myself smiling, despite my preference for being called Liv over Olivia, hearing either over Princess made me happy, by Reece nonetheless.

"Sorry, I brought everyone here just to see me fall down the stairs." I apologised sheepishly, turning back to Kimmy and Tyler.

Kimmy rolled her eyes, smiling. "Don't worry about it. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

I gestured dismissively with my capable arm, "I will be, thanks for everything." Kimmy then leant over to give me a quick hug before hurrying off with the rest of her gang.

"Good luck explaining this to your dad." Tyler said, smirking.

I glared up at him with my one eye, "Oh, that's why you've got that annoying smirk on your face."

He chuckled, "I can't take you seriously with the bandages."

"Kimmy said I looked like a 'tragic anime character'." I quoted, grinning.

"I see it. Huh, I never noticed how big your eyes were." He said, his gaze then quickly trailed over to my shoulder, "So Reece actually popped your shoulder back in? That's hardcore."

I nodded, "I think so."

Tyler shook his head in disbelief, "That guy is crazy."

"He's full of surprises." I agreed, smiling.

"Speaking of surprises, Ash was kinda one tonight."

I purse my lips, "Yeah, guess siblings don't get along too well."

Tyler looked as if he'd wanted to add onto it but decided not to, when I notice his expression I instantly want to take back my words. "Guess so." Tyler then reached over to ruffle my hair up, "I think I'll head home now, Janice said she'd need some help moving around some furniture." He said, smiling grimly.

I nodded, mildly disappointed. I truly had invited friends over to get injured and watch me fall down the stairs. I'd hoped Tyler would stay over for the night to lessen the blow, he also hadn't slept over in a while and I'd missed some late night company. "Cool."

"Well if you start to feel sleepy, call to something- you might have a concussion." Tyler said firmly, "Don't forget to tell Elizabeth right away."

Thanks, Dad. "I don't wanna-"

"She works in the medical field doesn't she? Is your ego more precious than your wellbeing?" He teased, raising an accusing eyebrow.

I roll my eye, "Fine, I will."

He chuckled. "See you later, Liv."

I walk him downstairs to see him on his way out, to my surprise, just as Tyler leaves, both my dad and Elizabeth arrive. Tyler quickly gives a curt nod and some words of brief exchange towards my dad before he departs.

"Olivia!" My dad utters at the sight of me but does not put the effort to hurry forward and examine my battered self, "What on earth happened?" He frowned, slowly kicking off his shoes. He picks them up and begins to move them over to the shoe rack only to find that they're knocked over.

I turn to see that even Elizabeth looked surprised, though I couldn't say there was an ounce of worry or concern in her features. "Did you get into a fight?" She asked, genuinely dumbfounded.

"I pissed off some thugs and they jumped me." I deadpanned.

"That doesn't surprise me." She sneered.

Dad sighs, annoyed. "Not funny, Olivia. Now what happened?"

"It's not a fun story, I'd like to stick to this one." I gesture at myself, "This is a thugs' doing." I really didn't want to tell him I fell down the stairs, especially not with Elizabeth here, I'd never hear the end of it.

He scrutinises me for a moment before giving in. "You were probably just playing around with Tyler."

I nod, I'm not exactly surprised he's jumped to this conclusion as he'd just seen Tyler leave- but how easily my father had dismissed my injuries bothered me. As kids Tyler and I would come home with more bruises and cuts then we left home with. But then again, we're not kids anymore.

"Who fixed you up?" Elizabeth murmurs, reaching up my face and pushing my bangs back to get a better look. I freeze at her sudden touch, unsure how to react. This is the weirdest thing that's happened all day. Which is saying a lot.

"A friend."

"Oh. They did a good job." Elizabeth replies awkwardly, looking as if she'd snapped out of a trance. Yep, definitely the weirdest thing that's happened today. "Is it that Troy boy?"

I narrow my eye, "I think you mean Tyler. And no it was not done by him."

"I wasn't aware you had other friends."

I stick my tongue out at her. "That was childish."

She crosses her arms, "And that was childish."

We have a momentary stare off before I realise I need to be on her good side tonight, much to my dismay. I wait for my dad to begin making his way into the kitchen before talking. "So I dislocated my shoulder and my friend popped it back in. Can you check if it's okay?" It had pained me to ask her but as much as it pained me, it seemed to have surprised her more that I asked.

"Okay."

-

The next morning, I decide on a whim to head over to Jackie's. I'd called into work earlier saying I wouldn't be able to take my shifts for a while, arm in sling and all. My manager didn't seem to mind much to my relief, she'd taken a liking to me despite cancelling half the time; I suppose it was because she found me 'silly' and could always get a laugh out of me as she'd once claimed.

When I enter the store I hear an audible loud gasp before I see Jackie rush forward to cradle my head. "Oh my!" She exclaimed, "What on earth happened to ya', dear?"

I smile at her touch, Jackie never falters to make me feel loved even with the smallest of gestures. "I'd rather not say, it's not a cool story."

She crosses her arms at frowns at me, "You look like you got caught in a hurricane."

I laughed, "I just have a cut at my scalp." I had Elizabeth renew my bandage this morning and requested to have my eye uncovered, so to my relief, now it only went across my forehead and my field of vision was better than ever. Perhaps the worst thing about falling down the stairs the other day was not the pain nor dislocation, but having the cut at my eyebrow remove a chunk of the hairs that was now beginning to scar.

Jackie's eyes flickered over to my sling. "And the arm?"

"It was dislocated." I explain.

"Well...I'm just glad to see you're okay. What brings ya' here, dear?"

"I don't really know." I admitted, "I guess I kind of wanted to swing by. I cant really go into my work looking like this. But is there anything I can do for you? Ideally with one hand?"

Jackie ponders for a moment before a big smile lights up her face. "I could use a hand answering calls, Halloween is coming up soon!"

"Soon? What month is this?" I ask her, perplexed. Ever since I graduated high school, I hadn't bothered to keep track of the dates. Everyday felt the same to me.

Jackie chuckled, "Some people want custom costumes- so those need to be ordered in early. I've got a busy two months ahead of me!"

"The year seems to have gone by faster than I thought..." I mumbled, shocked.

"Are you doing anything for Halloween dear? Trick or treating?"

I shake my head and begin to answer 'no' before I realise I do in fact have something planned. "Actually, my friend Kimmy invited me to her Halloween party."

"Kimmy! Oh she's a dear. Best client I have." Jackie exclaimed, hopping up onto her toes excitedly. It's not everyday you encounter an old lady as giddy as she is. "And what do you plan on wearing?"

"I don't really know. Haven't really thought about it." I admitted sheepishly.

Jackie clasped her hands together, "I could custom make you something!"

I shake my head, though flattered at her suggestion. "Don't worry about it, I could just buy something simple here. Maybe the classic cat outfit."

Jackie placed her hands on her hips and frowned at me. "That won't do! No buts, I've already decided." She stubbornly insisted before she gasped loudly, "I have the perfect idea for you!"

I give in, too amused at her excitement to deny her.

"I'm going to have to get you measured now! Oh, could you go grab me my measuring tape in the back?"

"N-Now? Didn't you want me to answer some calls?"

"Forget that! Oh! And he's back there! Please knock before you enter, he's not wearing his mask."

"He?" I repeated, confused. "Wait, SP's here?" And he's not wearing his mask!

"Sure is! He comes to help me out with some of the costumes in his free time." Jackie explained.

I nod and begin to make my way to the back room, "That's...nice of him." 

When I reach the door of the room, I give it a few soft raps. There's some shuffling coming from the inside before I hear his voice. "Jackie?"

"Liv, actually."

After my response, he's silent for too long a while that I begin to suspect he'd teleported out of there at the sound of my voice. "SP? Can I come in?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh, y-yeah."

I open the door and step in to find myself facing his back. But he's not wearing his typical suit- he's wearing a plain white tee and khakis- for a second I'd thought he were someone else, perhaps I'd momentarily forgotten SP was more than just a Super. I watch his hand pick up a large mask of some sort and put it on, the elastic strap goes across the back of his head and I notice how his hair looks longer than I'd remembered it to be, how long had it been since I last saw him? "What're you doing here?" he asked, his tone a little odd, he sounds almost distressed.

"I needed to grab some measuring tape for Jackie." I explained, "She kind of decided on making me a costume."

"Oh." He said, turning around so I come face to face with a clown. He'd put on a full faced clown mask where it only had small holes for his eyes. The mask was quite unsettling, suddenly, I understand how someone could fear such a thing. But perhaps the most unsettling thing was how large the smile on the mask was and having to hear his blunt, low voice come out from it.

For an awkward few seconds it seems as if we're just staring at each other. Realising my state, I decide to say before he asks. "I got beat up by thugs." I joked.

"I see." SP replied awkwardly, his voice slightly muffled. Thanks for not asking, I didn't want to explain that I fell down the stairs.

I tilt my head, watching him curiously. "I'm kind of surprised you're here. Being a Super and all."

He shrugged his shoulders, he has really broad shoulders, "Not much actually happens in San Fransisco." he said quietly.

He had a point, there really wasn't much criminal activity lately, much less in San Fransisco. Suddenly, the quick thought of having some kind of Super villain crosses my mind and I find myself wanting to hit myself for thinking such an awful thing. I should've been glad that wasn't a thing anymore, lord knew how much destruction someone with a Super's powers could do.

"I guess your right...but still. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact you're Super, I kind pile it as the same as being busy."

"Right..." he murmured.

"So where are the the measuring tapes?"

He turns back around and begins to make his way towards the large shelf in the corner of the small room and grabs the measuring tape from a box.

As he turns back to hand them over, I catch a glimpse from the desk he stands before, where there, sat a garment of some sort on a sewing machine. "You can use a sewing machine?" I ask, intrigued. "I once tried to learn it but I'm too scared to get my hand run over by the needle. The sound is terrifying and it goes way too fast."

He chuckled slightly, "Jackie taught me. And the hand thing isn't as scary as the thought of messing up her work."

I laughed, "Good point, that doesn't sound pleasant either- but you totally have an advantage!"

"How so?"

"You can regenerate!"

"Yeah but it'll still hurt like hell though." he muttered.

I narrow my eyes, "Oh my god, have you ran your hand through it before?"

"No comment."

"You totally have!" I giggled, grinning like an idiot.

"It went through my finger. I was half asleep." he explained quietly.

"And here I was, thinking it was an irrational fear- but it totally happens! Oh my god that's horrific." I laughed, "What happens when you don't pull out the thread in time? Does your skin just heal over it?" I inquired.

He shook his head, rubbing his hands like he was anxious. "It doesn't really work that way." he paused, I suspect he's looking at me curiously but I can't quite tell with the mask." Why're you smiling like that?"

"Because someone so extraordinary can get such a ridiculous injury."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77 1 23
This is a story about a teenage couple and their ups and downs. It's their journey of love.
248 46 22
comedy family cultural.....
88 0 14
The story that is told as a fantasy, but feels like reality.
1.6K 34 19
A look into the life of a teenager. This young one believes that her life is leading her towards nothing spectacular. However, she just might be may...