Dark Beauty

By RimaSantana

Popular, smart, and pretty... Layla King, the daughter of an infamous Chicago drug Lord is a 16-year girl wh... More

Dark Beauty { Urban Fiction }
Qoute
"The Past."
C H A P T E R 1 : The Beginning.
chapter 2: DownLow
Chapter 3: Missing You.
C H A P T E R 4 : Birthday Surprise.
C H A P T E R 5 : Surreal.
C H A P T E R 6 : Crooked Smile.
*PRESENT (Late) 2000's*
C H A P T E R 8 : Layla
C H A P T E R 9 : Lola
C H A P T E R 10: Logan.
C H A P T E R 11: Darien.
C H A P T E R 12 : Logan.
C H A P T E R 13 : Lola
C H A P T E R 14 : Lola P A R T 2
C H A P T E R 12 : Layla
C H A P T E R 13 : Layla
C H A P T E R 14 : Layla
C H A P T E R 15 : Layla
C H A P T E R 16 : Part 2 (from previous chapter.)
C H A P T E R 17 : Darien
C H A P T E R 18 : Darien
C H A P T E R 19 : Logan
C H A P T E R 20 : Lola ( With Part 2)
C H A P T E R 21 : Layla
C H A P T E R 22 : Lola
C H A P T E R 23 : Layla
C H A P T E R 24 : Darien
C H A P T E R 25 : Logan
C H A P T E R 26 : Layla
C H A P T E R 27: Lola
C H A P T E R 28 : Layla
C H A P T E R 29 : Darien.
C H A P T E R 30 : Darien
C H A P T E R 31 : Part 2 (Layla's Chapter) The last Chapter.
Characters (everyone mentioned in this book)

Chapter 7: Power Trip.

6.9K 234 15
By RimaSantana

Friday

February 9th, 2007

4:40 p.m.

    It's been a lil over five months since Layla has officially lived full time with her mother and extended family, and to be honest, she loves it. Even though staying with her mom out in East Chicago was the last thing she wanted to do, she somehow found charm in living out there. Even though East Chicago had its downside, Layla appeared to see the beauty in being there; hell, she had no option, it's not like she could leave. It was definitely a more positive viewpoint than she had a few months ago.

     Only a few things had actually changed in her life. Layla was now visiting her family that lived back in the city. She posted up on the blocks with her kin. Stomping in the old playgrounds where her dad ran his drug trades. It was a different pace than Indiana because out in the city; The King name rang bells, whereas Indiana, they were ordinary people. Any old head around the city knew how heavy the weight the King name held in Illinois. Layla was well protected and well respected because of who her daddy was. Because of this, she reaped the benefits her father couldn't.

    As stated earlier, not much has changed in her world. Layla was still settling and getting around to living in Indiana. It had its ups and downs, but overall it was becoming more comfortable, and she was taking every day one step at a time. Another thing was she had a new boyfriend. It had just so happened that Layla took an interest in Darien and vice versa. After his 'breakup' with his 'girlfriend,' and her archenemy Kenesha the pair began to hang out, and it wasn't long before the couple started dating.

    Dating to Layla wasn't new, hell that was easy. The hard part, however, was keeping it going. Don't get it bent. She had only had a handful of boyfriends since the age of thirteen, but they weren't really on nothing. Not to place blame consistently on them because she had a part to play in the failed 'situationship,' but they were time-wasters; and that's exactly what she thought about Darien. She assumed that he was gonna waste her time and shatter her heart. The duo had been dating now for about three months, and she'd be a lie if she said she wasn't digging it. Even though she had suspicions about their 'little relationship,' she hoped he'd show her wrong.

    Ever since the young twosome made it official, they have been inseparable. Layla and Darien spent every second together. When she wasn't at school or with her family, and when he wasn't doing whatever it was that he was doing, they'd be in one another face. She was feeling comfortable and happy, and the feeling was mutual from him. Layla had Darien wrapped around her finger. There was nothing that he wouldn't do to keep her happy, and the same went for her; there was nothing she wouldn't do to keep him happy. Layla cherished that she had ascertained a boy who she could vibe with and be herself around. Darien bought out a side that all her other boyfriends couldn't; him being attractive was just a plus, and even though he was a year and a few months older, no one appeared to care. If it was okay with Layla and Darien, then why would anyone intervene?

   It was early December, and the young couple was chillin together in his vehicle out front of her home. The air outside was crisp and cold, but the heat inside the car was just right. It was late evening and dark out. With his tints, the inside of the vehicle was even darker; only the light from the radio illuminated inside.

"Okay, it's hot as hell now," Layla commented as she took off her coat. She was dressed in a white South Pole winter coat with gold buttons and some basic black jeans.

    Darien smirked and then licked his lips. "Now you know if I cut this heat off, you gon freeze," he noted. "I like that top on you." he complimented. "What you 'bout to go do, hit a lick or some shit?" he joked.

    She chuckled. "Just because I wear all black doesn't mean I'm a hitta." The conversation went dead for a second as she bent forth and cut the radio on. She flicked through the channels and discovered an R&B station. A song from the musician Mario popped on. "I love this song, babe," she informed him and then began to sing the words.

   Darien glanced over to Layla and admired her beauty as she hummed to the tune of the song. As he admired her, a grin glided across his face. Layla could be corny and lame sometimes, but Darien loved it. Layla was different than the typical girls he was used to dating. Layla moved closer and laid her head on his shoulder, and he lightly stroked the top of her head and gave it a kiss.

   Darien thought Layla was a charming, smart, and attractive girl. He acknowledged that she was a prize and he had hit the jackpot. Layla was beyond beautiful, and any guy would kill to have her sitting beside them. She was by far better looking than any female he'd ever dated, and she wasn't ratchet-like them either. Everything about her was perfect and captivated his attention. Layla was five-foot-four. Darien wasn't really into short girls, but for Layla, he made an exception.

    What she lacked in height she made up for in sex appeal. Layla had long black hair. It was kinky and wild. He also loved how curvy she was. She had brown, almond-shaped eyes, and her skin was fair and pimple-free, and she had a smile that lit up the room. Her smile was one thing Darien loved the most. He loved a woman with good oral hygiene. Besides her physical attributes, he loved how her mentality toward life was. She was a go with the flow type of chick. Layla didn't like to argue, and she gave him free rein to do as he pleased. She respected that he didn't want to be tied down, especially this early in life. He also loved the fact that she was unapproachable and not friendly with everybody. He didn't have to worry about her smiling up in other nigga's faces, or kickin' it with too many bitches. Darien loved for his girlfriends to be stuck up. If you were friendly, he ain't want you, and Layla definitely wasn't friendly. She had a stuck up personality. If Layla didn't know you, she wouldn't converse, and she definitely wasn't scared to stand up and speak her mind. Layla was everything that Kanesha wasn't.

   Layla glanced over and noticed that Darien was staring at her. Her cheeks were starting to warm up, and she knew it wouldn't be long before her bright ass turned red. "What?" she asked as she turned her head away slightly to avoid eye contact.

   Darien's mouth twitched. "Nothing," he answered. "You just so beautiful, ma." he complimented.

   Butterflies fluttered around in her stomach. "Thank you." she said, accepting her boyfriend's praise. He always complimenting me, she thought. I know he can see me blushing, she thought as she placed her hand on her cheek. She knew that her cheeks were probably beet red as she blushed from his compliment. She should have been used to it now, but she wasn't; however, she still enjoyed it.

"You're welcome, babe." he soothed as he turned her head back towards him. Darien placed his hand on her thigh and gently squeezed it. His swift movement made Layla tense up. She wasn't used to him doing that. Darien noticed the change in her demeanor and moved his hand away. "You good?" he asked. "Did that make you uncomfortable? Why you so jumpy?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm good," she answered as she crossed her legs and folded her arms. "Why you ask?" Layla removed Darien's hand off her chin, placed it to her lips, and held his hand. Layla looked over at him and smiled.

    Her stare made him freeze and lose his train of thought. Snapping back into, he responded, "Cause you got all stiff and just look uncomfortable," he continued. "I don't bite."

I'm sure you don't, I thought, but I wouldn't mind finding out. Was what Layla wanted to blurt out, but digressed against it and opted to display a flirtatious smile.

   Layla couldn't help but think about sexual shit when it came to Darien. She tried her hardest to keep her freaky thoughts at bay, but it was something about him that drove her hormones insane. Perhaps it was his looks? Or maybe the fact he always smelled good? Who knows? Whatever it was had Layla ready to risk her 'v' card. Layla typically wasn't a 'horn dog,' but when it came to Darien, she was thirsty. She yearned to experience how he felt inside her. He had her thinking thoughts that no seven-teen year old should've been thinking.

   The car's mood was quiet, nothing but the R & B music from the radio playing in the background. Layla and Darien stared into each other eyes. God, he looks so fine right now, Layla thought as she lusted over her man. Out of nowhere, Darien's hand began to caress her thigh again. This time Layla relaxed against his touch and accepted it as his hands glided further up her body. The feel of his hands on her skin was evoking feelings she was trying to suppress.

   All while Darien's hands explored Layla's body, their eyes stayed glued to one another. Darien grinned and then bit his lip as he watched his girlfriend make ecstasy filled faces, and light moans slipped from her lips. He let his hands stop exploring her body and rested on her neck; he gently squeezed it and then back off her. "You get turned on easy." he teased as he moved back to his side of the car.

   Layla was now hot & bothered. She didn't respond as she seductively bit her lip. Right now, Darien was like a steak, and she was ready to attack. Disregarding his comment, Layla pounced on him. Her lips landed on his and their tongues danced. As the kiss deepened, her hands smoothed up and down his chest. After a few more kisses, Layla broke away but still remained on top of him. Like the warmth of her body, which was radiating on to his, the warmth of his breath smelled of mint radiated on her cheek. They both were hot and bothered, and Layla could feel his manhood through his jeans. "Oh, My God." Layla admired. She moved away from Darien and went back to her side of the car.

"What?" he asked.

"You know what?" she quickly responded.

   Darien chuckled, "I'on't know nothin'."

   Layla smacked her lips. "Mhm," she responded as she playfully rolled her eyes at him.

   The conversation went dead for a moment, causing Darien to pull out his phone and look at it. Something about him pulling out his phone and looking at it didn't sit right with Layla. She cleared her throat as she faced his direction. She waited to see if he was going to look over and notice, but when he didn't, she resorted to plan B. "Can I ask you a question, babe?"

"Wassup?" he responded immediately.

"When can I meet your mama?" she asked.

   With immediate response, he answered, "I don't know."

   Layla's body stiffened, and a heavy feeling sunk into her stomach. "What do you mean you don't know?" she paraphrased.

   Darien shrugged his shoulders. "Exactly what it sounds like," he said nonchalantly. "I don't know."

   A shaky smile across Layla's face as Darien's words registered through her brain. She was not expecting him to repeat what he had said. "But why, though?" she questioned, surprised by his words.

    Darien didn't verbally respond back to her question. All he did was shrug his shoulders. Layla rolled her eyes but didn't press the issue. "Okay," she began. "I got another question."

"What's up with you and all these questions?" he asked.

    Layla smacked her lips and rolled her eyes at him. "I'm serious, De'."

   Darien felt a flicker of irritation come over him. "Wassup, babe. What's your question?" he asked.

"I be seeing you with hella money. Like more money then nigga's yo age." she pointed out. "Wassup with that?"

   A smirk grew over Darien's face. He knew where this conversation was about to head. He knew she was gonna ask about it sooner or later, he was just hoping that it was later. He didn't mind telling her, but the real question is, could he trust her?

"What?" she asked.

Should I tell her or should I say her it ain't her business right now? He asked himself.

   Layla could see that Darien was mentally fighting between answering her question. "You don't have to tell me right now if you don't want to."

   Darien didn't verbally respond but shook his head okay in agreement with her. "Yeah, maybe we should."

   Layla's chin dropped to her chest. "I guess." she sighed. "I really wanted to know though."

   A puzzled look swept over Darien's face as he tilted his head to the side. "Why you wanna know so bad?" he asked.

"Cause it's something we haven't talked about," she answered. "and I wanna know."

"Again," he continued. "why though?" he repeated.

    Layla eyed Darien as if she saw right through his bullshit. Why can't you just answer the fucking question, she thought as she rolled her eyes.

"You can do that all you want to ma, I got sisters that shit doesn't phase me." Darien told his girlfriend.

    Layla folded her arms and pouted her lips and turned her body so that she could look out the window. Darien shrugged his shoulders and scoffed at her brattiness. He was trying to act unaware of her attitude. The last time this happened, Layla went an hour without talking to him and seeing as she wasn't going to crack; he loathed to see his woman mad at him, he put his pride to the side and broke the silence. "You gon' talk about something, or you gon' sit here and pout?" he questioned.

"Depends," she responded dryly. "you gon answer my question?" she asked.

"Why it matters so much, Layla?" Darien questioned.

"Cause it just does, Darien," she answered. "I just wanna know how you make your money." she continued. "Is that too much to ask?"

"Yeah." he answered truthfully.

    A small gasp slipped from Layla's mouth, and her fingers splayed out like a fan against her breastbone. She sighed as she shook her head okay. The sad look Layla had on her face was pitiful. "Come on, ma, you know I hate when you do that," he told her.

   Layla didn't react. She was simmering with resentment. Layla didn't understand why Darien wanted to make things complicated and not give her a straight response. She knew that he comprehended all she required was an explanation, and the fact that he wasn't giving it to her was blowing her whole mood.

   Darien understood that all Layla wanted was an explanation. Telling her wasn't his concern, however trusting her was. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. De' honestly didn't know if he could trust telling Layla how he made money or if she could even handle the truth about his lifestyle. I guess it's only one way to find out, he thought. Darien took a deep breath, said a prayer, and put it in God's hands. "Come here, damn, You get on my nerves," he said as he leaned across the car and pulled her over to him. "You act so damn spoiled." 

    Layla accepted his embrace, and a sly smile spread across her face. "It's you, my daddy, and my mama fault." she blamed. "I like shit my way."

"Yeah, I know." he agreed. "Look," he began. "I'm not proud of the shit I do, but I do what I gotta do to get by. I sell drugs. My brothers and I have been doing this shit for the last three years." he continued talking. "You know me and my crew Dom and Monnie, and the rest of 'em niggas we do what we gotta' do. We very selective of who we bring around us." he continued in defense of his brothers and their friends.

"I get it," Layla said.

"I hope it's not a problem, ma?" he questioned.

    Layla smiled at him. Nope, not a problem at all."

   Darien grinned. "Good," he said as he kissed the top of her head. "Well, look," he said. His words made Layla look up at him. "I need to meet my brothers somewhere, so I gotta bounce." Layla moved away from him. Her chin dropped to her chest as she gave him puppy dog eyes. "Don't do that ma," he continued. "You know I gotta go. I'ma come back and check on you later."

"I know." she agreed. "I'ma just miss you, that's all."

"Okay, I'll come back and chill with you tomorrow," he told her. "Give me another kiss."

    Layla reluctantly agreed as she shook her head okay. She leaned in once more, closed her eyes, and gave her man a passionate kiss. Chills raced down her spine as Darien's tongue thrust in and out her mouth. His hands lightly rubbed up, down and around her body, causing wetness in her underwear again. Layla recognized what Darien was up to; he was tryna make her crack and give in to temptation, but little did he know it was gonna take more than a few kisses to make her give him the cookie.

    Layla backed away from him and began to open up the car door. As she stepped one foot out, she felt Darien gently grab hold of her wrist. As she turned back to look at him, she heard him began speaking. "Get in the crib and call me later before you go to bed." he told her.

    Layla licked her lips and shook her head okay as she exited the car. She heard the door gracefully close shut as she headed up the pathway. Layla stood in front of her door and knocked a few times; seconds later, the door opened. As she stepped inside, she heard Darien's car start. Inside, Layla was greeted by her mother and younger siblings. She greeted them back with a plain hey. Layla continued walking and headed inside in her room. She unlocked the door and disappeared inside. Immediately as the door closed, Layla began undressing. She made a trail of clothing from the entrance to her bed.

    Layla's mind was on cloud 9 as she redressed into something a bit more comfortable. She was on a euphoric high, and she didn't want to come down. Her mind just couldn't stop replaying the scene from earlier. The time she spent with her man was terrific, despite him just admitting to her how he made his money. That alone should have made her stop messing with him, but it didn't; in fact, it made her like him even more.

    Layla was more interested than scared of the fact that her boyfriend is a drug dealer. She always suspected Darien as a bad boy; she just didn't know what kind of bad boy. Darien was a boy who was right up her alley. Layla preferred bad boys, and Darien was that to a T. Not once did the idea of leaving him entertain her mind.

    In her mind, there was nothing wrong with a little bad boy. How could she knock his hustle? Who was she to knock his hustle? To her, everybody had a flaw; some good and some bad, and in Darien's case, it was bad, but it wasn't severe. Layla felt it would have been wrong to leave him because he sold drugs. Oddly, one of her fantasies for over the past year has been to date a dude who sold drugs. Crazy how the universe works. Now that her dream was finally a reality, she wasn't about to ruin it, especially since she always aspired to be that ride or die, bitch. The idea of being a drug dealer's girlfriend was cool and satisfied that need for her obsession.

    You could definitely say that her love for drug dealing niggas comes from her long bloodline in the underground trade. Back in the day, she grew up watching James and her mama conquer the underground drug game. Around four years ago, her obsession with illegal activity grew. Her fascination led her toward small participation in petty crimes around the city of Chicago, even getting involved with her father's gang.

     Layla's involvement with her father's gang started after her mother had given up her throne and passed it down to her father's friend Joey. Growing up as a child, Layla always saw her mother be the Bonnie to James's Clyde. Now she had that same opportunity with Darien. It didn't matter that Kodeni' had threatened to beat the breaks off her if she caught wind of her being involved in the underground trade. Layla knew the risks and didn't care. At the end of the day, it was her life. She was gonna experience it how she damn well wished, despite how anyone felt.

    Layla calmly inhaled as the comforting aroma of her boyfriend's cologne, filled her nostrils. The smelled triggered senses, causing her nipples to rise. Slowly and rhythmically, her hands gently traveled over her body. Layla was fiendin' for Darien. Her desire for him at that moment was unbearable. It took everything in her not to call him and tell him to come and rock her world. A pulsating beat ricocheted inside her vagina. The pleasurable and painful vibration had her feeling all kinds of different emotions. Her mind raced a mile a minute as she crawled into her bed. Vivid images of her and Darien fucking crept into her mind. Her hands crept inside her underwear, and she began to sexually please herself. Ten minutes later, she reached her climax. As she came, she muffled her orgasmic screams and tried to regain control of her convulsive body.

    Her hands resurfaced from out of her underwear. Layla leaned over the bed and grabbed a lone shirt that sat on the floor. She wiped her hands and threw it in one of the corners of her room. Layla reached for the remote and then made herself comfortable in bed. The television turned on, and she began to flip through channels.

      She flipped through all the channels at least twice. After not finding anything interesting to watch the second time around, she settled on an episode of the classic tv show 'The Parkers.' Ten minutes into the show, she heard a knock on her door. "China- Doll?" Kodeni called out as she entered inside Layla's room.

"Yeah, ma?" Layla answered.

"I'm just coming to tell you that dinner is ready," Kodeni said.

     Layla shook her head okay, and Kodeni left out the room. Layla cut the tv off, got up, and headed downstairs for dinner. She entered the dining room and headed straight to the dinner table.

"Aht aht," Kodeni said as Layla pulled a chair out.

"What?" Layla asked, confused, prepared to sit down.

"That's your stepdad seat." she answered as she set the last plate down.

"Does it really matter where he sits?" Layla asked, attitude evident in her voice.

"Layla, please," Kodeni responded. The annoyance in her mother's voice seeped through.

     Layla scoffed. "Whatever," she said as she rolled her eyes. Layla aggressively pushed the chair back to the table and chose a different seat. She was now seated beside her younger sister Lola. Her mother's food looked delicious—the sweet smell of sweet cornbread, fried pork chops, baked mac and cheese, and cabbage. Her stomach growled. "Can we eat now?"

"You can dig in now." Kodeni answered.

     Layla and her siblings wasted no time digging in. "I guess were not doing the whole family dinner thing tonight?" Layla asked. Layla was a mac & cheese fanatic, so she piled her plate with spoon fills.

"James is gonna be a lil late from work." Kodeni answered.

     The conversation amongst them was going great. Layla listened and enjoyed her food as her mother talked about her day at work. Thirty minutes after they had begun eating James walked into the kitchen. Layla watched as he dropped his stuff off and headed toward her mother.

"Hi baby," he greeted as he kissed Kodeni's lips. James moved toward the twins and greeted them. They both said hello back to him. Last but not least, he dryly said hello to Layla. She responded back with the same tone.

"You got it smelling good in here baby." James complimented. He went over to the sink and quickly washed his hands.

"Thank you." she blushed. "I made your favorites-baked mac & cheese, pork chops." Kodeni began to make her husband's plate.

"With the cabbage and sweet cornbread?" he asked. Kodeni shook her head yes. "Oouooo wee!" he exclaimed. "I need parts."

     Kodeni chuckled. "I'm glad you feel that way." she said as she came from behind and sat the plate down in front of him. "How was work, baby?" she asked as she rubbed his shoulders.

"It was great." he answered. "So great that I have some great news to share with you all."

     Just as he was about to tell us the good news, the phone rang. Kodeni asked Layla to grab it. Without attitude, she rose up and headed for the phone. "Hello?" Layla answered.

"Hello, is James around?" the man asked.

"Yes, but he's eating right now," Layla answered. "Can I take a message?"

"Sure," he continued. "Can you let him know that we no longer need his services. He's been absent from work one to many times."

"Will do." Layla said and then hung up. Layla walked back over to the table and sat down. "I think you should call your boss and talk to him."

"What did he say?" James asked.

"I think you should just really call him." Layla urged again.

     James rolled his eyes. "Just tell me what he said Layla."

"Fine." Layla shrugged her shoulders. "He basically said you were fired."

"Fired?" Kodeni repeated. Kodeni looked down at James. "Why would your boss fire you James?" The expression on her face was serious.

"That's what I was tryna tell you." he continued speaking. "I haven't been to work in a few days." James looked up to Kodeni. "I'm starting my own business Kae."

"Doing what?" Kodeni asked.

"Autobody shop baby." he excitedly told her.

     Kodeni rolled her eyes. "James," she began. "Not this again." she said. "You pick a fine time to want to start this autobody business, knowing that I'm in school for nursing."

"I know it's not perfect timing, but baby it's not a foolproof plan." James told Kodeni. "All I need is your help and to believe in me babe."

     As James spoke, Kodeni was already shaking her head no. "I'm not investing another cent into another failed project of yours."

"Excuse me?" he asked, confused.

"You heard what I said," she continued speaking. "I'm not doing it."

     His lips curved into a smirk. "You ain't got no choice." James arrogantly said. "Don't sit here and act like-"

    Kodeni held up her hand. "Do not start!" she yelled. "Not in front of my kids."

    By this point, Layla was over the conversation. She sauntered out of the kitchen and up the stairs to her room. After her bedroom door shut, Layla moved over by the radio and turned on Power92. She turned up the volume and grabbed a magazine. Layla didn't want to hear how fast the argument could and would escalate. As Layla headed for her bed, there was a clack on the window. When she heard it again, she walked over to her window.

    She opened her curtains and then her window. Layla stuck her head out. While looking down, she noticed Darien standing at the bottom. A smile spread across her face. "Hey," she excitedly said. "What you doin' here?" she asked.

"Can you come kick it wit me for a minute, ma?" he asked.

     She contemplated on the idea for a second but agreed to go. "I'll be down in a sec." she told Darien as she ducked back inside the window. Layla quickly slipped on some boots and grabbed a nearby coat. Layla grabbed her house keys and exited her room. As she crept down the hallway, she noticed that her mother and James's argument had moved to the bedroom.

     She made her way out the back door quietly and into Darien's arms. Layla embraced Darien; he slightly hugged her back. She leaned back and looked at Darien. His energy was off. Something was wrong with him. Layla caressed Darien's cheek as she watched him intensively. "What's wrong baby?" she asked.

      The serious look on Darien's face had Layla worried. All of Darien's movements were delayed. He finally looked down at his girlfriend. His facial expression was blank-black even. He definitely wasn't as relaxed and nonchalant as earlier before he left. "I did something earlier," he dryly spoke.

    Layla cleared her throat. "What happened Darien?"

      Instead of responding to her question, he asked, "Would you ever lie to me?"

"No, why?" she asked.

"Are you sure you wanna be with me?" he asked.

"I'm sure," Layla responded positively, a quizzical look spread throughout her face. "What's going on?"

      Darien took a deep breath and let out a somber sigh. "I just need to know because what I'm about to tell you will require your loyalty." he told her.

    Layla kissed his lips. "You got me." she told him.

"If I tell you this we in this forever." Darien told her.

      Layla shook her head okay. "I'm down, just tell me what is wrong." she pleaded.

      For a second, he thought about his decision. ....Now's your chance to back out and not tell her, he thought. Darien waved that thought and trusted his initial plan to confide in his girlfriend. Darien began to recount the events of the evening to his girlfriend. Layla listened contently. As he spoke, she realized that Darien wasn't just any kinda' drug dealer. Darien was really in the field; Layla was fuckin' with the real deal.

     Darien wrapped up his story. Once he was finished, Layla leaned in and hugged him tighter. Darien rested his head on her shoulder, and Layla's fingertips lightly stroked the nape of his neck. As the couple stayed embraced, she whispered sweet nothings into his ear. The sound of her voice sent chills down his spine. After all the crappy shit that happened today, Layla's voice sounded like medicine. She was his laughter and soothed his soul. When it felt like the whole world was against him, he knew that Layla would be on his side. From that moment on, Darien knew that he could trust her, and suddenly he felt a stronger connection and a deeper understanding for the girl that stood in front of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 16.3K 77
Honesty Calleste they say a bad girl ain't no good and good girls ain't no fun hood girls want a smart nigga but all college girls want a thug.Thats...
24.3K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
694K 15.8K 42
19 Year Old Nina Is Fresh Out Of High School, On Her Way To College To Get Her Associate's Degrees She Only Have Her Grandad Who Is Fighting Lung Can...
242K 7.5K 27
*FOLLOW ME BEFORE YOU ADD THE BOOK, SOME CHAPTERS ARE PRIVATE* 17 year old Kiara has to forget about her childhood and start becoming a parent...