Silver Trickster ⚬ Barry Alle...

By -voidallison

❛You can't have light without the dark.❜ In which a villain falls for the hero. The Flash Fanfic [Season 2] ... More

Playlist
Prologue
1. Outside
2. Flashback
3. Rediscoveries
4. Leap of Faith
5. Unknown Feelings
6. We Could Be Heros
7. Start of Time
8. Family Ties
9. Guardian Angel
10. Double Date
11. New Afflictions
12. No Rest for the Wicked
13. War of Hearts
14. Crossfire
15. Humanity
16. Run and Hide
17. Waterfalls
18. Me, Myself, and I
19. Plan B
20. Power
21. Compromise
22. Dark Corners
24. Choosing Sides
25. Foul Play
26. Reverse Rolls
27. Memory Loss
28. Madness
29. Numb
30. Cold Hearted
31. Found
32. Abandonment
33. Life or Death
34. Poison
35. Hopeless
36. Fear
37. Endings
38. Death Call
39. Trust Issues
40. Personal Hell
41. Irreplaceable
42. Broken Ties
43. Black Siren
44. Uprising
45. Dark Side
46. Devil in Me
47. Pretty Little Liar
48. Interrogation
49. Glory and Gore
50. Desperado
51. Finish Line
Epilogue
Second Book!

23. Closing In

10.6K 457 76
By -voidallison

Present

The moment Caitlin's eyes laid on me, she tensed up. As I step into the room, she sits up farther, her hands still shackled together as she watches me carefully, not saying a single thing. I didn't expect her to say anything, but the silence in the room was awkward yet creepy. I was used to things like this now, but this time it was different. This time, I knew Caitlin from a different perspective.

"Let me go," she says to me then, her eyes stone cold. I could tell that she was terrified though.

I sigh as I cross my arms. "He didn't take you to hurt you."

"I assumed after hearing you and him talk," she breathes, her eyes distant. I knew for a fact that she didn't like him like that anymore, and I could tell that she was trying to let that settle. "Why...why are you keeping me here?"

"I'm not keeping you here," I say, pacing. "That's all Jay, so no hard feelings."

Caitlin leans forwards, her eyes on my own. "Why are you with him? You're better than this, Raven. Please, if you don't want to keep me here, just let me go-"

"I said that I didn't want to hurt you, so stop giving me reasons to," I state, causing her to lean back with her eyes wide, terrified.

She sits there in silence as I watch her, trying to find the right words on what to ask her. I take a deep breath as I walk over and pull out a chair from the corner, sitting in it backwards as I lay my arms up on the top of the chair, letting them dangle.

I say what I wanted to say quickly, not sure of any other way to put it. "Do you love him?"

Caitlin's face wrinkles up, shaking her head violently. "You're kidding, right? Why are you asking me that?"

"I'm asking you because I know you don't," I state the obvious. "I'm just telling you now that that's what's going to get you killed. Jay doesn't want to hurt you...I know that much. But he doesn't take rejection lightly, so I advise to not do anything stupid."

She shakes her head. "So you're telling me to play the part? To act like I do love him?"

"I'm telling you that if you want to live, then yes, you have to play the part and make it believable," I breathe, raising an eyebrow. "If you don't...I don't think I could even help you."

Caitlin gulps, trying to swallow all of this. I could tell behind her eyes that she wanted to throw up; the idea of even pretending to love him making her stomach grow sick. I wasn't sure why I was helping her...in all honesty, I couldn't care less about what happened to her. I knew I was only helping her because she was Barry's friend...he'd never forgive himself if Hunter killed her. It was my responsibility to keep her safe for him.

I stand up slowly then, throwing the chair back to it's corner. Caitlin tenses up again as I walk over to her, reaching my hand out to her shackles, buzzing softly to where it breaks the chain. She grabs her wrists as I back away, noticing her plate of un-eaten food on the foot of her bed .

"Jay said to make yourself feel at home," I state, remembering his words almost exactly. "Since it's going to be your home for awhile. I also suggest eating while you can...Big Belly Burger is better on this earth than yours, that's for sure."

I turn around to leave, but she stops me before I can. "Thank you, Raven."

I turn back around, looking over my shoulder. "I'm not doing this for you."

"I know," she nods her head stately, knowing who I was really doing it for. I wondered then if she knew about Barry and I's kissing incidences, but I guess it didn't really matter. Suddenly then, I missed Barry. I just hoped that he was doing okay without his powers right now.

I turn back around and exit the room, leaving Caitlin to herself.

When I step out of the room to head back towards the couch, I hear the same tapping as I was used to hearing. That was when I remembered what had happened way long ago now; how I had locked myself away behind the glass to get on Barry's side. Images of Killer Frost shooting Jay with ice flash through my head before I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what ended up happening to her.

As I make my way towards the man tapping on the glass, he sits up and stops as he scoots over to the corner. I raise an eyebrow at him, still wondering who he really was. Hunter never told me, but I guess I never really cared all that much anyways. He didn't affect me in any way.

"Well what do you know, Silver Trickster is back," I hear a high pitched voice say, causing me to turn around and find Killer Frost standing there, a smirk on her face. I hated her for it. "I was beginning to think you croaked."

I walk up to the glass, masking my voice like I always did when I was behind my mask. "Well you thought wrong."

"Damn," she twists a piece of white hair between her fingers, sighing. "So I'm assuming you're here to finally let me out of this box?"

"Thought wrong again," I roll my eyes, not really sure why I was talking to her in the first place. I guess I was curious as to why Hunter kept her alive here. "Speaking of which, why are you here?"

"You tell me," she scoffs, shaking her head. "I assumed at first that he kept me here to punish me and soon kill me for going against him when those idiots escaped here with that annoying girl...Wells' daughter I guess. But yet here I am, alive and well."

I hum to myself, thinking. I don't say anything more as I turn around to walk away, done talking to her, but she wasn't, that's for sure. As she talks, I stare down at the man in the corner, his finger twitching as if he was itching to tap the glass again.

"Come on Silver, you two can't keep me in here forever," she says, almost begging. "I think I've been in here long enough...I promise I won't bother either of you two again, just let me go. You already made me miss Ronnie's funeral...poor guy."

I turn back around and look her in the eyes, the brightness of them reminding me of something, but I couldn't put the pieces together. It felt like a forgotten memory.

"Be thankful you're even still alive," I snap, knowing for a fact that if I would have been here after all of that went down, I would have killed her myself. It wasn't like I hated her enough as it was before. "Keep your mouth shut or else Ronnie will be expecting you soon on the other side."

She narrows her eyes at me as I turn and walk away then, wishing that I could just kill her here and now, but I knew Hunter had to have kept her here all this time for some reason. I wasn't sure what that reason was, but I was determined to find out.

And after I did, I was going to kill her myself.

-*+*-

9 years ago

"How..." I gasp as I wrap my arms around my mother, a wide smile on my face. I even pinched myself to make sure that this wasn't a dream, and it wasn't. "How are you here?"

She holds me tightly, the same way she always once had. "It's a long story."

"I have time," I state as I pull myself away, staring into her bright blue eyes. Her figure and facial features seemed to changed a little over the years, but not enough to where I couldn't tell who she was. Her eyebrows were darker along with her hair, and her cheeks appeared to be more plumper than usual. Despite all of these features though, the thing I noticed the most were her eyes. Instead of being the dark blue that they used to be, they were brighter and almost electrifying when you looked into them.

My mother leads me back to her table in the corner, the two of us sitting directly across from one another. It was far enough away to where no one could hear us, if it mattered all that much. My mother reaches out and takes my hands then, her thumb rubbing over the back of my hands softly as she spoke.

"That night Zoom came...you remember, don't you?" she asks me, as if I could possibly forget. I nod my head stiffly, not finding any words to utter out. "I-I remember screaming at you before he grabbed me. It was like time froze because the next thing I knew, I was sitting in the bathtub with water all around me. I looked up and saw him standing there then...I was never so scared. The next thing I knew, he was throwing my curler into the water and I felt this shock that knocked me out...but I wasn't dead."

She looks up at me then, her eyes connecting with my own. It was in that moment I saw something similar to lightning behind her eyes, making me connect the dots.

"You're a metahuman," I breathe, my mouth falling open as I stared at her bright blue eyes. It all made sense.

My mother nods her head. "Whatever he did to me sent me into a coma...the doctors thought I was dead. They said that my heart had stopped, but I guess the electricity inside me started it again. I had to change my identity; if Zoom figures out I'm still alive, he'll kill me. I know it."

I think about Jay, wondering if he really would. He said that what my mom did to him was awful, but I couldn't help but side with my mother on this issue. I mean, she was my mom; why wouldn't I side with her?

"What about dad?" I ask slowly, knowing deep inside what I didn't want to admit yet.

My mom gulps, squeezing my hand. "I'm sorry-"

"He lied to me," I breathe, shaking my head as tears started to fall. "He said you both were still alive...he never told me that he intended to kill you-"

"Who, Raven?" my mother asks, eyebrows furrowed. "You know who Zoom is?"

I take a deep breath, knowing that I said too much. Despite how much I loved my mother and that I was on her side, I couldn't tell her his identity. He would kill us both. "No, no-"

She could sense something was wrong. "Raven, where have you been the past five years?"

I stare at her, not sure what to say. I couldn't tell her everything, although I desperately wanted to. I wanted to tell her how I had powers, how I was working with Zoom, and what Jay has taught me. However, I didn't want to tell her because she...she would hate me. I-I killed someone...I was a criminal.

"Mom, I'm sorry about what happened. You and Dad didn't deserve it...but there are things I can't tell you; secrets I have to keep." I stand from my chair then, knowing that I needed to leave, but I didn't want to. "I'm sorry."

"Where are you going?" she asks me as she stands too, reaching out to me. "What secrets, Raven-"

"Meet me here again tomorrow, okay?" I say, taking a deep breath. "I need to figure out a few things and then maybe I'll talk. Please."

My mother takes her hand back, nodding her head stiffly. "O-okay."

"I love you," I say as she looks me in the eyes, smiling.

"I love you too."

Instead of racing out of there like how I wanted to, I turn and walk out casually before dashing off into the night, racing back to Jay to tell him everything.

-*+*-

left a few easter eggs here for you guys...

don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 10K 137
This book is mainly Imagines Now! I write Requests, Preferences, and i even do GIF's. I will add anyone you want me to. From the show, of course. If...
153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
523 12 4
*First published on fan fiction.net under my other account snow1010* The heroes of the Arrowverse have defeated the Dominators and their Earth-X dopp...
9.6K 87 30
Months following saving central city, Barry goes at alone now, he quit being Daniella's partner and he shoved away those closest to him, but now team...