Fire and Flame [Iroh II x OC]

By maheenasai

A story of a young Iroh who works hard to become the General of the United Forces. Being busy with his career... More

Chapter 1: The Re-meeting
Chapter 2: Not too posh to push
Chapter 3: The Order of the White Lotus meets the United Forces
Chapter 4: Forever alone
Chapter 5: Weird feelings
Chapter 6: Danger ahead!
Chapter 7: The Dead Man's Cave
Chapter 8: What mistake?
Chapter 9: Traitor
Chapter 10: Trapped
Chapter 11: Truth revealed
Chapter 12: Freedom vs Racism
Chapter 13: Farewell
Chapter 14: Return
Chapter 15: Old friends
Chapter 16: Final choice
Chapter 17: Confusing situations
Chapter 18: Homesickness
Chapter 19: Mysterious voices
Chapter 20: Yue Festival
Chapter 21: Voices of the Ocean
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23: Dragon's Flame
Chapter 24: Moonlight
Chapter 25: Love the way you lie
Chapter 26: Loving you
Chapter 27: Two sides of a coin
Chapter 28: Complications
Chapter 29: Wanted
Chapter 30: Can't keep my hands from you
Chapter 31: Nighmares
Chapter 32: The Dragon's cave
Chapter 33: Hold my hand
Chapter 34: In sickness and health
Chapter 35: Heart wants what it wants
Chapter 36: Failure
Chapter 37: Back to life
Chapter 38: Differences
Chapter 39: Kill'em with kindness
Chapter 40: Forgiveness
Chapter 41: Let it burn
Chapter 42: Mother's love
Chapter 43: Life or death
Chapter 44: Twofaced
Chapter 45: The dragon's kiss
Chapter 46: Earth Queen and Councillors
Chapter 47: Colours of life
Chapter 48: In this together
Chapter 49: Speeding cars
Chapter 50: Diamonds
Chapter 51: Dragon's decision
Chapter 52: Reconciliation
Chapter 53: A son's first hero
Chapter 54: Fear
Chapter 55: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 56: Underground Village
Chapter 57: A ray of sunshine
Chapter 58: Justice League
Chapter 59: Chances
Chapter 60: A new member
Chapter 61: A family dinner
Chapter 62: The fallen hero
Chapter 63: The traitor among us
Chapter 64: Memories
Chapter 65: Dragon's failure
Chapter 66: Dragon's mercy
Chapter 68: Signs
Chapter 69: The old wise man
Chapter 70: Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 71: Light in the dark
Chapter 72: Fate
Chapter 73: The Unagi
Chapter 74: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 75: Forgotten past
Chapter 76: Differences
Chapter 77: Sacrifices
Chapter 78: Awareness
Chapter 79: Built for the abuse
Chapter 80: Black and Blue
Chapter 81: Whem dreams come true
Chapter 82: Dear Zindagi
Chapter 83: Unexpected guests
Chapter 84: Confessions
Chapter 85: The second chance
Chapter 86: The trial
Chapter 87: Faded
Chapter 88: Changes
Chapter 89: A perfect lie
Chapter 90: Rogue

Chapter 67: A perfect day

1.2K 28 7
By maheenasai

Saira's P.O.V

"Saira? Saira, rose wake up!", I heard a soft voice whispering in my ear and stroking my arm.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the sun shining. The energy flowed through my veins and I breathed in the perfume filled air. Rose leafs were falling on my face and then I realized that I was not at home. Neither at Iroh's. I turned around to see my mother. She wore her hair in a half up do and a robe. The beautiful woman gave me a warm smile and stroked my cheek. I took after her, that was clear but would I look so beautiful when I was her age?

"Saira, rose. You have to get up. It's your wedding day. You have to get ready my dear."

My eyes widened. Now I remembered it all again. Last night was my last as a bachelorette. The party was nice and I experienced new things but my friends and sister kept it simple. Fortunately. Otherwise I would look like a zombie today. My mother offered me her hand, which I gladly took to get up. I looked around and realized that I was at the Royal Hotel. We booked it so I would spend my last day with my parents and besides, we didn't have a house in the Capital. My family and some friends and a stylist team would help me to get ready for the big day. As I got up, I immediately walked to the balcony to enjoy the rays of sunshine, to let my caged mind free. The whole Capital was beautifully decorated with our official engagement pictures and flowers, the peace just calming me down. The nation was sleeping since this day was declared to a national bank holiday. Looking over the city, I stopped at my finger, at my engagement ring. I let out a shaky breath. Did I really want this? Did I really want to sacrifice my life, my freedom to this single man? It still wasn't too late. I still could step back, let all this stop. But then, a voice, back in my mind assured me that this was the right decision. It was the right decision to love Iroh.
Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, as I turned around, I saw my mother. She looked concerned.

"Something is bothering you, rose."

"I just don't know if all this is right.", I sighed and looked back at the sleeping Fire Nation.

"I know, I never told you that...but when I got married to your father, I was unsure too."

"Unsure? You? You are the confidence in person."

She chuckled and touched my cheek:"That's where you got it from, rose. You don't have to be afraid, honey. If Iroh wasn't a a good man, I would have never let him dating you or getting you two engaged."

"Although he is a prince?"

"I'm not impressed by titles and statuses. I only want the best for you.", she said kissing my forehead,"Now let's go. We need to make you ready."

My mother took my hand and pulled me into the living room of the floor, where my father and my siblings were already waiting and eating.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, finally woke up?", my father teased and I smiled, walking over and kissing his cheek, wishing him a good morning.
I sat between Taemin and Sarina, who were both smirking. I rolled my eyes and didn't have a clue what was so funny. At some time, I gave up, wondering what's gotten into them.

"Alright...what's so funny you two?"

"Nothing.", the said in sync.

"Oh come on!"

"Nope.", Taemin said.

I rolled my eyes and kept playing with the food on my plate. I couldn't eat, I was too nervous to. My father kept staring at me and I frowned:"Is there a reason why everyone keeps staring at me today?"

"You are getting married. Besides, you look nervous, what you shouldn't be by the way. It's just a wedding. I remember your mother being completely calm."

"First of all, I'm neither you nor my mother. Second, what do you expect me to be? It's not a calm, private wedding like you two enjoyed. It's a public wedding. What if I trip and fall? What if I vomit? What if I faint? What if I-"

"No buts and ifs young lady. None of these will happen. Trust me.", my mother said strictly,"Now hop, hop! Finish your breakfast! We have a lot to do! You look like a walking corpse."

"Thank you mother. Your words are very encouraging.", I rolled my eyes.

Once I was finished, I was about to shower when I noticed that my mother and my sister were following me.

"For God's sake! I can shower alone! Just relax.", I said as loud as possible and slammed the bathroom door behind me.

I turned on the shower and stepped in, after I took off my clothes. The hot water was prickling against my skin and I let out a shaky breath. This was all too much. And now my mother was standing outside, yelling to let her in. The hell would I do. When I finished, I stepped out of the shower and finally opened the door, where my pissed mother was standing. But she didn't say anything, she just forced herself to smile and took my hand, guiding me to the living area. Father and Taemin were gone, guess my mother wanted this occasion to be just for females. How sexistic.

"I have a little surprise for you.", my mother's eyes were sparkling.

Suddenly two women came through the door and I couldn't hold back my happiness:"Oh my God! Deepika, Priyanka! I just can't believe it! I thought you two were in the jungle?!"

"Well we were. And we were quite happy but your mother invited us to your wedding. We couldn't say no to our best friend.", Deepika smiled while Priyanka continued,"We haven't seen you since ages, since the academy. I can't believe that you became more beautiful than you already were. I guess there is no need to style your daughter, momma Kushina.

"Are you kidding? I look like a walking corpse."

We all bursted out in laughs. It was good to have these two crazy women back in my life. I remember us being inseparable. But then Deepika and Priyanka had enough of posh people and decided to live primitive. I guess they were one of the reasons why I wasn't someone who liked attention.
I sat on a chair and waited for the both of them to start their work. After half an hour, they finally finished and I was allowed to look at myself:"I don't want to be ungrateful but I'm getting married, not to star as a clown in a circus."

I took a towel and wiped all the hard work of Deepika and Priyanka away. Knowing that I looked like monster, I stood up and walked to the bathroom to wash off all the make up. Deepika and Priyanka followed me:"Sorry, honey. We didn't do that on purpose. Momma Kushina thought you would look good but it just didn't suit you. It was too much."

I chuckled:"It's fine. Just do my hair and hand me an eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and rouge."

"No! It's your big day, Saira! We can't let you do your make up alone.", Priyanka whined.

"You two are impossible.", I giggled,"Fine one last chance."

"We promise you will look gorgeous.", Priyanka assured me, while Deepika completed the sentence," You will be the most beautiful bride, the Fire Nation has ever seen."

"Until Lu Ten's wife.", I smiled.

"Gosh you really love those brothers don't you?", Priyanka giggled.

"They are inseparable. If you marry one, you marry the other too. The only thing I don't share with my brother in law are my body, bed and room.", I said sarcastically.

"Hmmmm mind if I steal your brother in law?", Deepika joked.

"I don't have anything against it.", I giggled. Seeing Lu Ten with someone would make me so happy. I wanted him to be happy and I prayed that one day he would marry.

After approximately two hours, I was ready. My siblings and my mother were already gone. Deepika and Priyanka helped me with my dress, that was designed by Sarina and me and put on my veil. I twirled my engagement ring around my finger and tried to breath. I was nervous. Nervous as hell. Suddenly the phone was ringing and I picked up:"Hello?"

"Lady Saira, Prince Iroh wants to speak to you.", the reception lady said.

"Thank you, please put him through."

After a few minutes, Iroh's voice nearly caused my heart to stop beating:"I'm not allowed to see you before the wedding. But no one said that I can't talk to my future wife."

I didn't know why but I couldn't say anything. I remained quiet and kept twirling my ring. Although I tried to say something, the words got stuck.

"You are nervous. Am I right?"

"A-a little bit.", I admitted.

"What about? I'm sure you look beautiful."

"It's not that. What if I embarrass myself? What if I embarrass us? What if-"

"No ifs, Saira. Everything is going to be alright. Just be yourself. Be the beautiful woman who can melt everyone's heart with her smile and warmness. Ignore the other people. It's just you and me today.", he advised.

"I love you.", I answered.

"I love you the most."

And with that, I hang up. I then heard a knock on the door and turned around to see my father. He had no emotions on his face, he was just staring at me. Did I do something wrong?

"I still remember the first word you said. It was daddy. And now, twenty five years later, you leave me."

"Dad...I'm not leaving you."

"I know. It's just a strange feeling to let you go.", he said and came closer,"You will always be daddy's little girl. You will always be my little girl, Saira."

My father then pulled me into hug and it seemed like forever. I closed my eyes and enjoyed my father's warmth. I just realized, despite the whole stress, that I was happy. And my father helped me to realize it. He managed to make everything wonderful. No matter what. He was the happiness himself. No wonder that my mother married him.
He then pulled away and grabbed my hand:"We don't want to be late, am I right?"

I smiled and nodded. Before we stepped out of the hotel room,he took my face into his hands and kissed my forehead:"It's so difficult to give you away."

"You already did when you send me to Republic City."

"I know...now I know what Sarina won't be allowed. Don't tell your mother, but you look more beautiful than her on her wedding.", he joked and opened the door.
We walked downstairs and I could hear gasps behind me. I looked at the reception lady and other hotel staff, they were all staring at me. I blushed and thanked them for their nice compliments. We then stepped into the car, my father tried not to step on my dress and I could not hold back my laughings.
On the way to the palace, thousands of people were standing on the roadside. All smiling and waving. I was honoured to that so many people were "attending" the wedding so I waved back and smiled until I couldn't feel my cheekbones anymore.
Soon we reached the entrance to the palace, where my sister, the maid of honour, was waiting with the flower girls  and page boys. My father rushed to my side while Sarina went behind me to take care of the train of my dress. I let out a shaky breath and took my father's hand, who guided me to the palace. We were walking down the aisle slowly, just as we practiced the last two weeks. I kept smiling like a fool because I just couldn't stop it. I was too nervous but also too happy to stop with it. I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was decorated. The surface of the column was made of ice and beautiful flowers were spreading. In the background, wind chimes could be heard and the fire platterns gave the hall an elegant but powerful touch. I was in a fairytale.
Along the aisle, the guests were sitting. I could see Katara and her family as well as surprisingly Toph and her daughters. As well as many other guests such as monarchs and politicians. And to my surprise, even Lady Azula. I didn't know how many guests were present. I didn't even know half of them. But next to the ceremony area, the closest of Iroh and me were sitting, our parents as well as Lord Zuko, Lady Mai and our friends. My father sat next to a handsome man. I need to look twice to realize that it was Jack. I couldn't believe how...clean he looked. I only realized that it was him because Esme was next to him. Well, no wonder since their daughter was one of my flower girls. Iroh was standing next to Lu Ten, who kept turning around, grinning at me, while Iroh didn't even turn his head. My father led me to him and he finally looked at me. As he saw me, his jaw dropped and he looked to Lu Ten:"You are a liar, Lu Ten. She looks better than you described.", he said and turned back to me,"Every time, I think you can't get more beautiful, you fool me again. You look, I mean you are breathtaking."

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself.",I chuckled.

It was time then for the wedding ceremony, which was held as short as possible. The priest started:"Prince Iroh II of the Fire Nation, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony?
Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?

He answered:"I will."

Now the priest turned to me:"Lady Saira, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?

I answered:"I will."

The priest continued " Who giveth this woman to be married to this man?"

The priest then received me from my father's hand. Taking my right hand, Iroh said after the priest:

"I, Prince Iroh II of the Fire Nation, take thee, Lady Saira to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

We loosened hands. Now I took Iroh by his right hand and said after the priest:"I, Lady Saira, take thee, Prince Iroh II of the Fire Nation, to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

We loosened our hands now. The priest blessed the ring:"Bless, O Lord, this ring, and grant that he who gives it and she who shall wear it may remain faithful to each other, and abide in thy peace and favour, and live together in love until their lives' end. Through our Lord."

Iroh took the ring and placed it upon the fourth finger of my left hand. Iroh said after the priest:"With this ring I thee wed; with my body I thee honour; and all my worldly goods with thee I share: in the name of the Lord."

The congregation remained standing as we kneeled. The priest asked us to pray:
"O Eternal God, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, giver of all spiritual grace, the author of everlasting life: send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this man and this woman, whom we bless in thy name; that, living faithfully together, they may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, whereof this ring given and received is a token and pledge; and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws; through our Lord."

The priest joined our right hands together and said:"Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder."

The priest addressed the congregation now:" Forasmuch as Iroh and Saira have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before God and this company, and thereto have given and pledged their troth either to other, and have declared the same by giving and receiving of a ring, and by joining of hands; I pronounce that they be man and wife together, in the name of the Lord."

The priest blessed us now:"God bless, preserve, and keep you; the Lord mercifully with his favour look upon you; and so fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace, that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come ye may have life everlasting."

We now were allowed to sit down and sang the anthem of the Fire Nation. Iroh took the moment to distract me from all the celebrations:"You were wonderful."

I turned to him. Was this man watching me the whole time? It seemed like he didn't take his eyes off the moment I stepped next to him.

"Thank you. You too.", I smiled.

When the anthem ended, Iroh took my hand and we stood up and walked towards the exit. But be before we were on the half way, we stopped in front of our parents and bowed to show them our respect and thanked them for their kindness.
Then, we finally reached the exit but we stepped in the doorway to look at our guests, who were standing outside and waving.

"How about a kiss?", Iroh smiled.

"What? That's embarrassing."

"Well, it's our wedding. Don't you think they should know how much we love each other? It would be an awesome gift for them by the way.", he chuckled.

I smiled and agreed on my husband's idea. My heart was rushing because we never kissed in public. After looking at each other forever, Iroh finally kissed me and I returned the kiss.
I looked up to him and he had a huge grin on his face. I couldn't hide the fact that I was happy and that this man was the reason for it, so I smiled too.

We stepped out of the palace and a carriage was waiting in front of it.

"Are you kidding me? This is so icky."

"Well, your siblings said you always dreamt of sitting in a carriage."

I chuckled and nodded. This was so true. Iroh helped me into the carriage and stepped in after me. In case anybody thought that today has ended, nope. We still had to do the crowning ceremony or better said, I.
We soon reached the temple and Iroh, the gentleman he was, helped me off the carriage.
Once we stepped inside the temple, everyone congratulated us. We were then finally left alone so we could change into traditional clothes. Iroh already wore his Fire Prince headpiece and kept staring at me:"You still are nervous, aren't you?"

"Being the Princess of the Fire Nation is a huge responsibility, Iroh. What if I can't bear all this? What if I fail?"

Iroh took my hands in his and looked into my eyes:"You won't. I know you will do wonderful. Now let's go, it's time."

He took my hand and guided us to the huge building. Again, there was a crowd with minimum thousands of people, who made me nervous. We soon reached and I kneeled in front of the Fire Sage.

He spoke:"Sirs, Madams, I here present unto you Saira, your Fire Princess. Wherefore all you who are come this day to do your homage and service, are you willing to do the same?

Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the Fire Nation and of your Possessions and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

I answered as loud as possible:"I solemnly promise so to do."

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?"

"I will."

"Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the Fire Nation the religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolable the settlement of the god's house, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in the Fire Nation? And will you preserve unto the priests of the Fire Nation, and to the god's houses there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?"

"All this I promise to do. The things which I have here before promised, I will perform, and keep. So help me God."

With my promises, the Fire Sage put the Fire Princess headpiece in my half up do and I stood up, holding Iroh's hand.

"Long live our Princess Saira. All hail Princess Saira.", the Sage announced and our guests cheered my name.

I really hope you liked this chapter! I know it's a little late to write the wedding since Iroh and Saira are already married but for me it was the right time to write the wedding chapter.

Before I forget, in case you are a Yugioh-fan, please check out my newest story Past and Present!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 7.1K 35
The Fire Nation has been in a period of peace for years. Benevolent leaders have risen, rulers who care more about the people than their own interest...
91.7K 4.7K 107
Banishment is to merciful. Instead a prince is stripped down to a soldier, an easy disposable to be set in the middle of a war. To be treated like a...
861K 22.9K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
118K 3.9K 84
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...