Adopted

By WinxClub63

Stephanie's parents died, and in the meeting with the lawyer she finds out more details about herself. Meanwh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 4

1.3K 15 3
By WinxClub63

At the same night, at the mayor's house, Stephanie didn't sleep at all.

Instead of dreams, all she had in her mind were memories of her parents.

She started to turn in her bed and calling in her sleep.

"Mom!! Dad, don't go!" she shouted so loud, that she woke up Milford.

He rushed to her room immediately.

Huffing, he asked "Stephanie, are you alright?!"

Stephanie sat up in her bed as her uncle lit up the light in her room.

"I miss them so much, but I'm also confused since I have just found out that I'm adopted." She said to him while a tear was running on her cheek.

"I know, Stephanie," her uncle said, "but you must remember that you still have a family that loves you no matter what." He kissed her on her forehead and they hugged each other.

***

At 6:30AM, Sportacus woke up to find out that he was alone in bed – and that made him freak out.

He jumped out of bed and rushed down the stairs just to find Valeria sitting the living room, watching TV.

"Vale..?" he asked her a little confused.

"Oh, hey, good morning." She replied.

"How come you're already awake?" Sportacus was still confused.

"Woke up at 4:30AM." She answered.

"Really? Why?" he asked, now a bit worried.

Valeria sighed, "You really wanna know?" she looked at him and he nodded.

"Well, I was thinking." She began to say, and then paused.

"About what?" he asked concerned.

"About Stephanie and her uncle, how do we tell them that... we might be Stephanie's real parents. I don't think I could handle this." She told him, taking a sip from her coffee she made earlier.

"Look, everything is going to be alright, trust me. First we'll go to Milford and talk to him and explain him. Then, he will go and tell Stephanie, and then, if she agrees, we will do the DNA test." Sportacus tried to calm her.

"Ok... Well, since I'm already awake, I think I'll go get dressed." She said as she got up from the couch.

"Great, I'll make us breakfast meanwhile." He smiled at her.

***

After breakfast, around 8:00AM, Sportacus and Valeria were getting ready to leave the house and talk to the mayor.

"Are you ready?" he asked as he opened the door.

"No." she replied and went out the door with him.

On their way to the town hall, the couple met Stephanie.

"Good morning, Sportacus and Valeria." The pink-haired girl greeted them.

"Stephanie, what a coincidence! We are on our way to meet your uncle. But it seems that you are in a good mood." Sportacus smiled at her.

Valeria didn't say anything, but the only she could was staring at Stephanie's golden bracelet.

"Yeah, a little." Stephanie nodded. "I'm going to play basketball with the others."

"Well, don't make them wait for you!" he told her and she ran off.

Valeria was still in her trance even after Stephanie left.

"That's good to see her in a better mood, right?" he asked her. Then he turned to her, sees that she wasn't listening and staring at the ground.

"Vale? Vale?" he called her until she snapped out of her trance.

"What?" she blinked few times and rubbed her eyes.

"Are you ok? You were in a sort of a trance for a few minutes." He told her in a worried tone.

"I know, I know. It was Stephanie's bracelet, I just couldn't stop looking at it!" she told him back.

"Ok, I got it from yesterday, but right now we should get going." Sportacus had enough from her tears yesterday, and he didn't want to see her crying or sad anymore about the whole situation.

***

They arrived to the town hall, and walked through the long halls until they arrived the mayor's office.

Sportacus a little hesitated for a few seconds and then knocked on the door.

"Come on in!" the couple heard him calling from the room.

"Good morning, Mr. Mayor!" Sportacus greeted him, entering the room.

"Oh, good morning, Sportacus! What can I do for you?" The mayor asked the superhero.

"Good morning, Mr. Meanswell." Valeria entered right after her husband.

"Well, good morning to you too, Mrs. Scheving, good to see you again! Then what can I do for both of you?" The mayor asked again. He was happy to them together, united again.

The couple looked at each other, as Valeria took a deep breath and closed door while Sportacus sat down in front of the mayor and Valeria joined him a few seconds later.

"Well, to be honest, Milford," Sportacus began, "it's about our lost baby."

"Oh, do have any clues yet where she could be today?" the mayor asked excitedly.

"Um, not quite, but we do have a suspicion that our baby might be Stephanie." Vale said, and didn't believe that she was the one to tell him.

The mayor was a little bit shocked. He didn't quite know how to respond to this. Sure, when Stephanie had find out she's adopted after her parents died, she automatically was added to Sportacus's and Valeria's list of possible-lost-daughters. But he didn't want that to be true.

"W-Well, how you came to this conclusion?" the mayor asked them, now a little hesitated.

"Well, she do have lots of similar things from Alexander's personality, and from what I heard from him she also have lots of similar things from my personality. But also, she has something that belongs to me." Vale explained.

"What do you mean by that?" Milford became curious.

"Have you seen her pearls bracelet?" she asked him.

"Y-Yes..." he hesitated to answer.

"And do you know how she got it?" she asked again.

"Yes, from Lilian, her mother, who got it from her mother." He answered, now more confident.

"Let me tell you how wrong you are about that." Vale almost laughed at him since she knows he was wrong.

But the confused mayor listened to her carefully.

"This bracelet was mine. I got it from my great-grandmother for my baby shower. And before you say that there's a chance there's another bracelet like that one – my great-grandmother got it for her 30th birthday, it was made especially for her. When our baby was born, I put the bracelet with her in her bed in the hospital, since my great-grandmother always believed it gave her luck." Valeria was about to cry, and still, she went on with the story while Alex held her hand.

"When we found out that our baby was gone, we also found that so is my bracelet. And when I saw the bracelet on Stephanie's wrist, I recognized it immediately. Now you understand?" Vale finished the explanation with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, I absolutely do." Milford replied. He wanted to cry with her.

"So what we are asking is, if you can, to talk to Stephanie about this. And if she agrees, we want to do a DNA test, to find out if it's true." Alex continue, seeing his wife is holding herself from crying.

"Why, of course! I will talk to her tonight." The mayor said.

"Thank you, Mr. Mayor! It means a lot to us." Alex thanked him as he and Valeria stood up and walked out the door of his office.

When they closed the door behind them, Valeria let out a big sigh.

They walked again in the long hallways until they arrived to the main door.

When they walked out the building, Valeria said "So, tonight we're going to make a little brother for Stephanie?" she laughed.

"I guess. It is about time that we'll have anotherbaby." Sportacus laughed with her and hugged her from behind as they walkeddown the street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 423 15
Y/N is new in this little Town called Lazy Town which is ironic since this little town is definitely not lazy. Coming to this town and becoming a tea...
1.8K 45 14
Sequel to "Oh, Brother!". At night, Riley cried silently. Nobody heard her. Why did she let that happened? But what could she do? It happened too f...
270K 13.8K 52
As if the death of her mother wasn't hard enough. Now add moving in with a family she doesn't know....and great the Kids already hate her. Well...wel...
7.8K 118 13
Trilogy to Is This Right? Just finding out that you aren't what you think. You wanted to find out what happened in your past, yet when something stra...