Bending or Breaking (S05 Liam...

By Love-N-Live

Six months after Mexico life seemed to be great for Phoebe. Her werewolf boyfriend was sweet, her friends and... More

Regression To The Mean
Theo
Imagined
Werewolf Tracy, Not Friend
Working With Brett
Masked Men
Emotional Wreck
Cursed Book - Part 1
Cursed Book - Part 2
Heartbreak Is Different To Pain
Science Experiments
All I Need
Running Or Staying
No More
Death
The Changing
Control
Anchors And Symbols
Demon Wolf
The Hellhound And The Beast
Horrible Realisations
Planning Eichen Escape
Escape From Eichen - Part 1
Escape From Eichen - Part 2
Escape From Eichen - Part 3
Escape From Eichen - Part 4
Frequency
The Murder Game
Revealed
Origins
Blood Doesnt Always Mean Family
Submitted
Freed

The man of Gévaudan

348 10 0
By Love-N-Live

I walked back to the school and instinctively looked around for Mason. He was always my go to buddy for problem solving and I was his. Instead I found Corey sitting at the bottom of a set of stair with the same look of sadness and pain that I have on mine. I mightn't love Mason the same way Corey does but I still love him. 

I moved to sit next to him and put a hand on his shoulder, not taking away the pain but giving him a little bit of comfort all the same. "We need to look for him, we need to find him." He said and I nod my head.

"We will, the dread doctors would have to keep him close. They moved locations so if we find their new location, we find Mason." I said.

"Theo said the doctors have been prolonging their lives for decades maybe longer. They were using a nazi wolf, and alpha called The Soldier, he fought in World War II. To keep him alive they need unique set of conditions, there has to be a power source, it has to be underground and on a -."

"Telluric Current." I said and turned to Corey. I kissed his cheek. "You're a genius. Don't worry, I'll bring him back." With that I went home and changed into shorts, black top and tennis shoes. I looked at the map of the telluride Currents and found the spot where the dread doctors are hiding.

I watched as the sun went down. "Don't worry Mason, just hang on." I ran out the door and into the woods, changing forms into a black jaguar and ran. Night had descended, I wasn't running anymore I was jogging and getting closer to the dread doctors when I heard them.

"Where is he?" Scott asked and I stopped moving and listened.

"Thought we were looking for him." Theo said and I couldn't help rolling my eyes. He's really desperate, I thought.

"You know what I'm talking about." Scott said.

"Deucalion?"

"You shouldn't trust him." Scott why are you warning him? I thought again and started jogging again.

"You're the one who let him live," Theo said.

"I'm not a murder." Scott said.

"But you still think you're going to get through this without killing anyone?" Theo said.

"I didn't say that." Scott said and I heard the, stop moving.

"We're close." Liam said and felt my heart break by the sound of his voice. I closed my eyes and took a breath, catching his scent. I got moving again, hearing the three of them argue. I followed the scent and realised that I would eventually have have to face Theo again.

God I hate his guts, I mean he killed me. Sometimes the biggest thing a person can do is to put their hatred aside to save someone they love, that's what I have to do. The scent lead to an old shack which I stalked.

I walked around the sides and back looked for any signs a threat. I moved closer and turned human looking for any Windows but there were non. I moved back when I heard the footsteps. I saw they weren't stopping and I rolled my eyes.

"Wow, nice to know people like their safety." All three boys jumped out of their skin and I had to hold back my laughter. "Sorry guys but it's pretty idiotic not seeing of its boobytrapped." Scott stared at me as I came out of the bushed and walked up to them.

"Phoebe? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Saving Mason, although probably not the same saving as you guys are doing."

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"You guys are saving him from becoming Sebastian, which I'm also doing. However I'm also saving him from this guy." I jabbed a thumb at Theo who rolled his eyes. "Open the door." Liam went to only to have Scott grab his shoulder.

"Listen." We did hearing a single heartbeat.

"It's him." Liam said and opened the door running in. Scott stood back catching the door before running in, I took one more look at Theo before doing the same. "Mason."

Liam called as we walked down the stairs and rounded the corner. I saw him, sitting up against the tank that held the Nazi wolf. Liam and I ran to him and shook him but he didn't move. I saw a massive needle object sticking out of his neck and followed the tube to the nazi wolf.

"It's connected to him." Scott said as I stared into the lifeless white eyes.

"What is this thing?" I asked and turned to Theo who was just staring at the Nazi wolf.

"I don't know."

"Liam," Mason said in a trembling voice. "I can feel it. It's in my skull." I held masons hand and he gripped it so tight my fingers were going white.

"Don't move." Liam said.

"Careful." Scott said.

"What are they doing to him?" Liam said the Theo.

"I don't know." He replied.

"What if we break the glass and break the connection from the nazi?" I asked.

"We can't take that risk." Scott said. "Mason, we're going to get you out of here. Hold him still." He said to Liam. "I'm going to try to pull it out, let me know if it hurts."

He gripped it and pulled slightly causing Mason to scream. "It hurts." He said.

I took his pain and his breathing evened. Suddenly the sound of electricity turned Scott attention away from Mason and slowly so did Liam's and mine to finally Theo who turned to a dread doctor.

"They wanted us here." Theo said as I held Mason.

"Liam, Phoebe get that thing out of his neck." Scott said and I looked for something, some way to do it without hurting Mason.

"Theo, Theo Raken failure. Theo Raken." The doctor with the cain said.

"No, I'm not a failure." Theo said.

"Liam, Phoebe, just get out of here. Go." Mason said.

"Now isn't the time to tell us to bail Mason." I answered.

"Not a complete failure, we learned from you." It said.

"He's trying to get to you," Scott said. "Don't give them what they want. We can't beat them."

"The mark of a true failure repeating the same mistake again and again." I saw the look Scott gave Theo.

"We're taking Mason." Theo said. "Then I'm taking what's mine. Let him go."

"You have the entitlement and narcissism typical of your generation." The doctor said "in that you are a profound success." I watched as Liam pulled the needle again and Mason screamed.

"Scott I can't get it out, I don't know what to do." Liam said and Scott came to our side.

"But your failure taught us one thing. The banality of evil that you were and always be an ordinary evil."

"You think I'm ordinary?" Theo asked.

"We believed that to resurrect the perfect killer, we had to start with the perfect evil. From you we learned true evil only comes by corrupting something truly good." Scott turned to me and shook his head.

"Not something," he said and I turned to Mason putting a hand on his cheek.

"Someone." Theo turned and punched a dread doctor. Liam's face filled with raged joined in the fight and Scott ran after him. Liam got caught and was punched.

"Liam!" Mason screamed and I ran to my boyfriend jumping over the dread doctor and kicking the back of its knee. Causing him to fall on the ground.

It lost its grip on Liam but turned and punched me in the hip. I screamed as I felt it break and the pain filled my body. From somewhere far way I heard my name. I gripped my hip hard as I saw Scott come to my side.

"Phoebe." I said.

"I'm okay, I'm fine." I saw Liam get thrown to the ground and heard Mason screaming. I turned and watched as our friend pull the needle out of his neck.

"Transformation." The doctor said as smoke swirled around Mason. "Transformation without frequency."

"Mason!" I screamed and tried to get to my feet but my hip exploded in pain as I fell back against Scott.

"That's not, my name." Mason said in a not so Mason voice, his eyes the electric cold blue. As the smoke swallowed him up and revealed the beast in its smokey black and red veined formed.

We watched as the beast killed one dread doctor then beheaded the another. It scratched Theo as it pushed him aside and stood in front of the last doctor. "Success." Was all it said before the beast stabbed him and dragged him away.

Scott and Liam helped me to my feet as I groaned him pain as we exited the door. Scott dropped my arm and stared at the beast just as it dropped the last doctor and parish punched the beast. Argent came forward with a gun and shot round after round.

Liam held me up as my hip slowly healed. The beast disappeared in its shadows and emerged as a human covered in blood. However the human wasn't a black sixteen year old. It a a white man.

"La Bête Gévaudan, I know your name. Do you remember mine?"

"Argent." Sebastian said and ran with parish behind him.

"Who the hell was that?" Scott asked as Liam helped me to Scott and the two argents.

"You've seen the beast of Gévaudan, that was the man." Gerard said.

"Sebastian Valet." I said.

Comment
Vote
Rate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 415 24
"But that's not the point. Point is... We need to get to school as soon as we can." "Yeah, I've been trying for the past half an hour." Diana scoffed...
332K 102 6
This story continues where Letting Him Go left off. After Nick's death, Allie is left lost and heartbroken. Six months pregnant with daughter Ari, sh...
103K 2.8K 38
Now that Alyssa is a supernatural creature like her friends, she doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and not being able to heal. But she still d...
797 3 25
Reagan Moore's life sucked. Her parents died in a car crash (that she survived) when she was seven, her aunt and uncle never treat her and her cousin...