Kurai Yoru (Darker Night)

By Freeze-kun

You've gotten used on accompanying the heroes in their adventure. It's always fun, rainbows, cries and rain a... More

Copyright and disclaimer
Prologue: The Embodiment of Despair
Table of Content: Arcs
Kurai Yoru OS: Different Yet The Same
1: A Daily Life of A Demon Lord
2: Past Best Forgotten...
3: Got a Secret, Can You Keep It?
5: A New Friend...
6: ...Then A New World
7: Broken Bird
8: Double Vengeance
9: Lingering Nightmares
10: Rebuilding Trust
10.5: A Caring Brother [AC]
Season 2 Prologue: Learn Fear
11: Let's Start Fresh
12: Just A Plaything
13: Tricks and Lies
14: Unsealed
15: Killing Death
16: What You Really Are
17: My Child
18: Her Tutor
19: The Genie's Wishes
20: Wrathful Heart Of The Emerald
21: Not A Lie
22: Consequences
19.5: Phantasmagorical [AC]
Season 3 Prologue: Equals
23: False Serenity
24: Purgatorial Trinity
25: A Monster
26: Hybrid
27: Simplest Tactic
28: King & Queen
29: Transition
30: Difference in Strength
31: Evil-Nice Girl
32: Happy Ending
Web-Novels' Commonly Used Japanese Suffixes
Info: Cast/ Informations
33: Loyal, To The Very End
34: New Dawn

4: Sweet Revenge

121 20 76
By Freeze-kun

The following week passed with some minor events. Said events are Thalia acting like herself again, Ani being as hyper as she can when around Thalia, and Sitri, who whenever Thalia taunts, now just gives her an unreadable expression.

Right now, Sitri can be seen sitting at his chair once again, looking like he's deep in his thoughts. A ray of light is dramatically shining down on him from the window a bit away from his side, but he didn't seem to care.

"Well, I certainly can't get angry at her anymore like I used to. I can't even look at her without remembering... that. This visit is much more stressful than I thought." Sitri talked to himself.

Meanwhile, he heard a knock on his double door. "Mas--... B-Brother, can I come in?" Ani's timid voice said from the other side.

Sitri instantly lit up from hearing that. "Come in come in, my precious sister." He grinned at himself from saying that.

The doors, though they are huge, seemed to be nothing but a piece of paper when Ani pushed them open. In reality, Sitri opened it himself, by diminishing the weight of the doors.

Ani walked in while looking down, but Sitri caught a glimpse of her blushing face.

'I guess it'll take some time before she gets used to calling me brother...' Sitri thought with a grin.

"Um, b-brother, I came here to say something I noticed from Thalia-neechan." She began to fidget.

Sitri immediately sweated. 'Did she hear her too?'

"W-What is it?" Sitri looked away, acting like he's not interested. A bead of sweat rolled down from his forehead.

"Well," Ani ran closer to Sitri, and leaned in closer to his ear. "I... saw a little you in her pocket!" She exclaimed.

"L-Little me? What do you mean by that?" Sitri asked.

"It's a doll, and it looks a lot like you! And she was even like this when she thought I wasn't looking," Ani began hugging an invisible object all the while squealing like a happy girl. "Kukuu! My beloved Sitri!" Then she smiled.

Sitri choked from an inanimate object, as he can imagine the vampire doing that. Then, he slowly recomposed himself. "Well, w-what is your say about it?"

Ani's eyes grew larger, turning into a chibi version of herself. "I think she's trying curse you!" She rose her finger.

Sitri really fell to the floor from hearing that. "Ani..." He spoke as he got up.

"It all makes sense! There's the doll, and there's Thalia! It spells out 'trouble', can't you see?" Ani shook him by his shoulder. "I'm here to warn you master! Warn!"

"Okay..." Sitri let out a sigh of relief. He thought Ani already noticed it, but he was glad she didn't. If she did, then things would have gotten really awkward.

"Are you feeling something?! Maybe a needle being stabbed to you?!" Ani began to panic, looking around him for stab wounds.

"Ani, for needles, it's not stab. It's puncture." Sitri tried to avert Ani's attention.

"Puncture? As in, punk, choore?" Ani repeated, looking at Sitri like an innocent baby.

"Yes, puncture. Hey Ani, can you get my paper works at the study room? I really need them right now." Sitri asked.

"Of course, onii-sama!" Then Ani ran off, forgetting that Sitri could just teleport himself there.

"... Ani." He shook his head in disbelief.

Sitri thought about how the little girl can be so easily deceive. 'Well, she hadn't really talked to anyone other than me and Thalia, it must be because she really trust us two.' Sitri concluded.

Seconds after Ani running out, Thalia immediately ran inside the room after forcefully opening the double doors. "S-S-Sitri! Whatever Ani told you, it's not true!" Thalia sprinted in front of Sitri, and kneeled at the red carpet below him. "Please believe meeee!"

Sitri was slightly surprised when Thalia kneeled, but he was even more shocked when Thalia almost looked like she's gonna cry. "W-What in the hell Thalia? What are you talking about?" Sitri decided that he should feign ignorance.

"R-Really? She said nothing?" Then she let out a sigh.

"Thalia, I don't know what you're talking about. But she did said that you were planning on sneaking up on my room and prank me again there." Sitri really overheard the two talking about that when he took a stroll around his castle.

"What? No! Of course not!" Then, Thalia is back to herself again. She stood up and crossed her hands at her chest.

"Just know you're punishment is still not finished, vampire." Sitri smirked. He already know what he's gonna do to her later.

"I hope it's not something sexual." Thalia hugged herself.

"That's it. Get out of here." Sitri pointed behind her.

"Yes, grandpa!" Then Thalia snickered as she ran back to the hallway. Her laugh can be heard throughout the whole castle.

"Tch... You're really gonna get it now." His smirk turned into a devilish grin. As soon as he said that, he vanished in a crimson light.

=≠=≠=≠=≠=≠=≠=

"Hmmph! Stupid Sitri..." Thalia muttered. She looked in front of her, to the deeper path of the current hallway she's walking at. He saw Sitri walking inside an unknown room. "Did he teleport again?..." Then she snuck up, following the mischievous demon.

Sitri grinned mentally. 'She took my bait, nice.'

As Thalia peeked inside the room, she saw nothing but darkness. She could hardly see inside, even with her enhanced sight. 'This must be magic. But, why in this room?' Thalia thought. Nevertheless, she entered.

As she blindly walked through the the dark room, the door behind her suddenly closed. Her only light source now gone, she began to panic.

"Eeeep! Waah? Who closed that? Open this!" Thalia keep on banging the wooden door, but to no avail.

"I... feel... weak..." She slumped down at the ground. She looked at her trembling hands. "Magic nullifying field...? And an anti-supernatural ward... What is this place?!" Thalia yelled as loud as she could, but it only came out of her mouth as a whisper.

"Thaliaaaaa..." A ghostly voice called from every direction.

"W-What do you want?! Where's Sitri?!" Thalia tried to stand up, but failed.

"Thaaaaliaaaaa..." It whispered again.

"Go away! Waaaah! Help mee!" Thalia opted to curl into a ball and covered her ears. She began to whimper.

"Wahahaha!" A laugh suddenly echoed around, then the room lit up, revealing rows and rows of bookshelves. It's Sitri's library. "So even Thalia can get scared! Kahahaha!" Sitri hold on to his stomach for the sake of Thalia's further embarrassment.

"What...? Sitri, you...!" Thalia, feeling her powers coming back up again, tackled the demon to the ground and choke him. "Dieee!" She screamed.

"Kwahah-hak-haha-gwee!" Sitri still tried to laugh, but end up choking while sticking his tongue out.

"You're a moron!" Thalia just closed her eyes as she calmed down. She let go of the demon, and stood up.

Sitri stood next, while slightly rubbing his neck, but a grin is still plastered on his face. "Revenge."

"Idiot!" Thalia started stomping out of the room. Then, she heard Sitri gasped behind her.

"Oh, Ani, what are you do--"

Then a piercing sound.

She looked behind him, and saw Ani grinning slightly as she stabbed the shocked demon. A blood ran down from his mouth, as his regeneration refused to work.

"A-Ani?!" Thalia yelled in surprise.

"F-F-Finally, I'm f-f-free..." Ani smiled psychotically.

Sitri kept on holding the black and red knife currently stabbed on his stomach. "T-This... A blessed dagger... Ani, why?" Sitri croaked out as he fell down.

Ani erratically turned her head to the frozen Thalia. "T-T-Thalia-san, I k-k-killed Sitri for you, aren't you happy?" She tilted her head, her psychotic expression still in place.

"Wha-No! A-Ani, why did you do this! That's your master, that's Sitri!" Thalia stared at the unmoving body of Sitri.

"... A-And? Aren't you always trying to hurt him?" Ani asked, her voice gaining a questioning tone.

"I-I... But I never wanted to kill him! Ani, what's happening to you?!" Thalia stepped closer.

The little girl just raised her knife threateningly, her smile never leaving her face. "I-I-I just wanted to do what you've been trying to do this whole t-t-time... We're equal now, okay? H-H-He's dead, and I'm free, now goodbye!" Ani ran past her, and towards the door, all the while laughing.

Thalia walked slowly to the dead demon. A pool of crimson liquid was created behind him, soaking him up from his own blood. She kneeled, then she broke down.

"S-Sitri! You can't leave me! You're stronger than this! Come on, wake up!" Thalia kept on nudging the motionless boy. "Sitri! Sitri!"

Her hand reached out and touched Sitri's cheek. She had wanted to do this for a very long time, but not this way. He's dead now. He's gone.

"Sitri, why do you have to leave me..." She cried at his chest. "I... I haven't even told you my feelings yet..." She whispered to herself. "Sitri... I care for you... I... loved you, ever since you started befriending me... You were my first friend..." She mumbled.

But then, Sitri's body moved. Thalia's eyes shot open, and she looked up to see Sitri's blushing face.

"W-Wha..." Thalia stammered.

"Thalia... you loved me from the start?" Sitri asked in disbelief.

"Sitri?! But how?! I-I saw you die!" Thalia cried while hugging him.

"Stop crying Thalia, you're making me feel even more guiltier." Sitri averted his sight to his left.

"What do you mean?" Thalia's paused her crying and looked at Sitri's face.

"Well, this was suppose to be the real revenge I have in plan for you..." Then his blood started flowing back to his body.

Thalia's eyes widen, then she heard the door opening again behind her.

Ani peeked in inside. "Was my acting good, brother?" Then she looked to her sister figure. "Oh wow Thalia-san, that was some really cool acting you pulled there!" Her eyes twinkled in aspiration from Thalia. "This roleplaying-thingy is really nice onii-chan, we should do it again! Bye!" Ani waved as she left.

Thalia looked back to Sitri, her face red for some reason. Either it's because of anger or embarrassment, Sitri didn't know.

"... Waaaah! Now you know my secret, dummy! D-Don't laugh at me!" She buried her face in his chest.

Sitri let out a snort. "Am I laughing at you?"

Thalia looked up once again. "N-No..."

Sitri's eyes widen. "Wow, Thalia. So you can be cute if you want to."

Thalia's cheeks just heated up and redden. "S-Shut up!"

Sitri leaned back, and heave a sigh. The day was really eventful, and he finally got to make Thalia speak her feelings openly.

"... I'm going to miss the Thalia who always destroys my castle." Sitri murmured.

"Oh? Then I won't change, simple!" Thalia stood up, then she glared. "Why are you so near me, pervert!" Then she kicked Sitri in his gut.

Sitri felt the hit, and he groaned. But, unlike before, a smiled graced his lips as he looked at Thalia.

"Oh, come here Thalia!" Sitri yelled as he hugged her.

"W-Wa?! G-Get off me!" The two struggled as they yelled at the library.

Sitri's expression flickered, showing a sad face. 'I'm sorry Thalia, but I'm afraid I will never be able to answer you...'

'Someone as evil as me does not deserve such a thing.'

=≠=≠=≠=≠=

A pair of eyes peeked once again from the doorway.

"... Are they playing again?" Ani thought out loud as she tilted her head. She intensified her stare, and narrowed her eyes. "Oh, it's the 'cuddly-cuddly' one I always do with Eliya! How did they know that?" Then, she looked around.

"Where is Eliya anyway?" She said as she walked back to her room.

=≠∆≠=

A/N: When your pranks had gone wrong... Oh well. At least Sitri isn't as dense as bricks. XD

Thoughts? Suggestions? Or anything along the lines? Feel free to comment, because it is free!... Okay I'm gonna stop now. ;-;

Next time on Kurai Yoru.

"Graaaawr-- wah?"

"Circle uno: Chains of the Depths."

"Thalia-san, do you know where we are?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.4K 35
There are many tales about devils, Angels and all supernatural things across the world. Many people across the world spoke of seeing devils, angels...
237 15 21
The devil always collects. And, so does his son. DRAKE Most guys like their dads. Most guys aren't the son of the literal devil. When Daddy Dearest t...
79.5K 2.4K 45
You. Yes, you. You're what they call a blood demon. Half-demon. Half-vampire. Rejected by both breeds and left in the only world you could hide in; t...
38.9K 1.8K 86
"Jealous?" "Why would I be?" "Because I know your fantasies." He argued. I leaned closer to him, smelling his overwhelming scent. "And I'm appalled...