The Armored Warrior

By ArkenSenpai

Your father has gone missing for almost a year now. You were cleaning out your attic until you found somethin... More

Chapter 1- Remnant
Chapter 2- The Armor
Chapter 3- Beacon
Chapter 4- The previous visitor
Chapter 5- Friends
Chapter 6- Initiation
Chapter 7- Myths and Legends
Chapter 8- Official
Update
Happy New Year
Chapter 10- Missions
Grimm Eclipse Request
Chapter 11- Maze
Chapter 12- Nightmares, Or visions?
Chapter 13- Belonging
Chapter 14- Messages
Message to the readers
Chapter 15- Neo
Chapter 16- Bounty
Chapter 17- Perspective
Chapter 18- Former Glory
Chapter 19- Lies from a dead man
Chapter 20 Prologue- A cup of Tea
Chapter 20- Regiment
Chapter 21- Cella
Chapter 22- Reunion
Chapter 23- Mirror Mirror

Chapter 9- Lead

8.8K 90 81
By ArkenSenpai

You had started to walk to the cafeteria, until you bumped into someone. 

"Ow, hey sorry about that!"

You say, looking down and extending your hand. Who you ran into you dont know, they're wearing a rather large cloak covering their face, the cloak is black. They grab your hand and pull themselves up, before doing a little salute and running off. It was an odd experience and you couldn't shake the feeling that you knew them. You continue on your way. Upon reaching the cafeteria, you spot team RWBY at their usual table. You wave and grab a tray of snacks. You grab a seat beside Weiss, you see that Yang has a devilish smirk while everyone else is confused, you look a Weiss quickly and can see a little hint of a blush. You shoot a quick glance at Yang, a rather deadly glance, she does a little nod. 

"So what's this lead?" You say, breaking the silence. 

"Well, digging into some old books within the library, i have found a symbol representing the Light Oath, take a look." Blake says, opening up a book and sliding it to you. "Seem familiar?" 

The symbol was what looked to be a sun, with 2 battleaxes, at the blades it was dripping a liquid, which both formed into what appears to be letters. But of an unknown language, if its a language. "I dont see how this is suppose to be familiar..." You say

"This symbol has started to appear around town, on peoples homes, stores, cars, basically anywhere" Weiss pipes in, showing you pictures of the symbols around town. "Someone with ties to LO is in Vale, and is placing these symbols around town at night for the past week. If we can get out and start scouting at night and see if we can capture them, we can potentially find the group." You looked at Weiss, multiple thoughts flowing through your mind. But then a wave of emotion hit you, realization .

If you find this group, you can potentially find you're father, but what does that mean for you and Weiss? You just started a relationship with her, and you really like her, no doubt about it, hell you like them all. They all have been very nice and they all have accepted you into their group instantly. You feel at home here, you feel like you belong here, but then again, your real home is back on Earth, you have friends there too, and your mom. How could you of forgotten about her?! She must be worried sick! She's probably heartbroken that she not only lost her husband, but her son?

You hadn't realized that you were spaced out for awhile, team RWBY all looking at you staring down at your fist clenched. Weiss put her hand on your shoulder, you snapped out of it and look at her. You look at your hands and see that they slowly started to bleed.

"Are you alright?" You hear Weiss ask.
"Yeah...sort of...hehe, i hadn't realized that i sort of just disappeared back home, without a trace." You explain. "I left my mom back home, she's probably worried sick, she lost her husband and now her only son. I also left my friends...well sort of friends. But all the people i left behind. It sort of just hit me like a freight truck. Not only that but i cant help but feel that this is all my fathers fault. But hey, its not so bad, if it hadn't been for him, i wouldn't of met you guys." You say looking at them. "As well as team JNPR. You guys are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, i was going down hill fast back home. But coming here, its been one hell of a joy ride." You pause and look at them, Weiss is obviously taken back but she recovers and looks at you with a warm smile, you like it. The others are looking at you with a warm smile as well. You explain to them what has happened back home, the war with the gammas and how you've gone through training in highschool like them, to fight the gammas. How you've led a fireteam of 8 people as well.

After that talk, you all got back on track of what you're plan will be for tonight. You decided it might be better to do discuss plans in your room, you notified team JNPR and had asked for their assistance with tonight, they agreed. You all met in your team and are sitting in a circle.

"Alright, these markings have been popping up in the commercial district of Vale mainly, so im going to ask that you split up into teams of 2, I'll go solo, but we'll be in contact. The key points that i believe will be high priority targets are the docks, market area, where all the highclass stores are and any other areas of importance. Examples are monuments, memorials and government buildings, including Beacon. Basically i want you all wandering around keeping an eye out for suspicious activity...i wasn't really that good at establishing plans, but i was good at leading them." You chuckle nervously, thankfully Jaune laughed as well, that relaxed you a bit.

A few hours later, it was dark our. Ruby and Weiss were wandering the general market, mainly near some dust stores. Blake and Yang were down by the docks, checking abandoned warehouses that may of been used by the Whitefang, Jaune and Prryha were down near the parks and monuments and Ren and Nora were near the upperclass area. You were back near Beacon, you were laying on top of a building, with night vision binoculars scouting the area. Nothing suspicious has happened...so far. You checked in with the other teams and the same has happened for them, nothing.

"Shall we call it off?" You ask all of them on a team channel.

"Maybe nothing is happening today (Y/N), sorry. We'll meet you back at Beacon." Ruby said. You agreed and told them all to head back to Beacon, you were going to do one more sweep of the area then head back, they offered to help but you told them not too, you'd rather do it by yourself. Mainly to clear your head but you didn't want to tell them that. Weiss called you on a private channel,
"How are you holding up?" She asked
"Fine, but a bit annoyed that we didn't find anything. Thank you for asking Weiss, i really appreciate it."
"Thats what I'm here for, be careful. I'll be waiting in your room to chat to you for a bit."
"Thank you Weiss, for everything that is."
"You're welcome" she said in a happy tone. You could hear Ruby squeal, but it was quickly replaced with her yelling hi. You told Weiss to say hi back for you, and then you both said goodbye and hung up.

While you were walking around, you  could see a figure in the corner of your eye, you turn to look but nothing, or no one was there. You got chills down your spine, you felt like you were being followed. You continued to walk, but you were on high alert.

'Im reading one life sign following us, about 250 meters behind us, on top of the buildings' Snow said into you're ear piece. 'I'll warn you if they try anything'
You had a plan. You broke into a sprint, and like you expected, they followed. You quickly turned a few corners, and hid against a wall in an alley way. They appeared on the roof in front of you, looking around. It was the cloaked figure you bumped into in the halls of Beacon. You activated your armor, they looked down at their scroll, then looked at you. You jumped at them, pinning them to the ground. They had a black cloak and a black mask on, but you could tell that they were female.

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?" You yelled.

They said nothing. You looked at their scroll, it had a map, and a red blip.

"Did you tag me?" You said, before smashing their scroll. Nothing.

"Answer me damnit!" You yelled, they said nothing again. You ripped off their mask. Nothing. You were in shock...their was nothing there...just black and two red eyes. They looked almost like a black spectre, just nothing but black smoke. You were shocked by what you just discovered. Then they just disappeared and all that remained was their black mask. You had to tell Ozpin.

You never ran so fast in your life.

You explained to Ozpin what had happened. He just sat there, with his mug.

"Hmmm, i never believed the tales, but what can you believe anymore? Well, a lot of things" he chuckled. "But what you are describing to me is not the first account of these 'Spectral Walkers' as they are called by many. They are used as scouts, to relay information to their creators or summoner. Though there as been many accounts of them, none of them were true. The last true one happened years ago when the first Walker arrived." Ozpin takes a sip from his mug. "We believe that these beings are summoned by the Walker, they definitely aren't from our world, but from another or another realm. Like i said before, they are used as scouts, so theory suggests that the Walker summons them to scout high priority targets. That being said, someone is watching you now."

"But why? If my father is a Walker, why is he watching me? I would've expected him to come and find me and tell me he's alright." You said, extremely confused.

"(Y/N)....I don't believe you and your father are the only walkers here, i believe there may be another, or more who are trying to harm you." Ozpin says, looking into your eyes. "They has been reports coming in, of highly armored soldiers destroying both Whitefang and civilian villages. The only lead we have on them is this symbol" he pulls up a photo, the symbol of LightsOath.

"But we're dead in the water. But i will ask you this, are you willing to go out on missions, to find info about Lights Oath. Going out to the destroyed villages and based and see if you can find anything?" Ozpin asks you.

"When do i start?" You reply.

-Authors Notes-
Ugh, this took longer than i wanted it too. Anyways it appears i have failed my mission of getting this out before New years (12pm my time, aka mountain time) but yeah here it is. Happy new year as well!
Credits to original creator of the photo, i liked it so yeah.

Also sorry this took so long to come out, i dunno if i will do a christmas special, we'll see. Also if you guys want like an actual back story to what happened on Earth then ask and i may do one. But anyways here ya go for this chapter! Yyyayyy

(Update- I had messed up on the placement, so i fixed it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 34 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...
119K 1.8K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
16.1K 213 25
Y/N has always been treated the same as any other Grimm a mindless monster which couldn't be further from the truth after the death of His Family he...
93.7K 1.5K 12
Y/n was abandoned by his father as a child, raised in the kingdom of Mistral he lived a normal life. Until one day he receives a letter from his fath...