Say No To This||Lin-Manuel Mi...

By Heyyeyee

-in which Jade Martin is cast in the musical Hamilton and meets the potential love of her life. Idea from S... More

author's note.
prologue.
one.
two.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.

three.

924 22 21
By Heyyeyee

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
October 8, 2015

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep-

"Good morning, Gerald." I decided if I had a talking alarm clock, he needed a name.

Jade, today you might get a callback from your future employer! Get up!

Gerald was right. They said they were running a tight ship, and to expect an email by today. All I could do was hope, however, that my callback wasn't around the time I was visiting my parents. I'm leaving for Maryland to visit them in 3 days.

Speaking of which, I need to get packing. About and hour later it was 10:30 AM and I went into the kitchen. I ate my bagel and made my coffee.

11:00 AM rolled around and I decided I would shop for a jacket of some sort. I wanted one for my visit to Maryland. I found a cute one in H&M and went back home. I got home around 12:30 PM, and with my mind off of the trip and back onto the audition, I checked my computer for an email. I logged on and went into my primary inbox...

Nothing.

To play it safe, I check my spam. And, thanks goodness I did, because there it was: an email from Tommy Kail. I saw it and bounced up and down in my seat a little.

Hey Jade,
Congrats! You've received a callback for a second audition. If you'd like to join us, we have attached music and a monologue we'd like to hear you preform. A followup email will be sent out with the date and address.

Thomas Kail

No. Way.

They actually want to see me again! I ran to the phone and called my parents. I got their voicemail, but I left a message telling them to call me back.

Once I calmed down, I looked at the music they had attached to my email. A .jpg was attached with the name "Say No To This." I had listened to this song prior to choosing one for my audition, but I never really looked at it.

Once I had gone through it a few times, I went to Chick-Fil-A for some food. I went back to my apartment and threw myself into bed.

"Thanks for reminding me that today was callback day, Gerald."

~time skip~

I don't think I'd be able to survive without taking naps.

When I woke up, I went on Twitter and saw Lin's tweet from earlier.

Lin_Manuel:
Good morning. Grateful for you.

Cute.

I checked my inbox for a followup email. Low and behold, there it was. I opened it and checked for the date.

Great.

It's in 4 days. The day after I leave...
So much for Broadway.
It I never see my parents; and I don't want to wait any longer than I already have.

Wait- this actually is great!
It's in Maryland! And it's only around 2 hours away from my parents' place.

"Gerald!" I screamed from the living room. "This is fate!"

It had to be fate. I get a callback, taking place in Maryland; I'm going to be in Maryland! How could it not be?
Exactly... it is!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful; napping again, Starbucks, exercising, showering, napping some more, eating, sleeping. You know, the average white trash schedule.

Damnit. Calling myself white trash makes me trash.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 863 27
John Laurens wish he could say that he loved Peggy. After all, they have been a pair since high school. Although he couldn't deny that he cared for t...
90.4K 2.4K 38
[COMPLETED] Y/N was a girl with a rough past. Her parents past away at a young age. She was adopted by a family who treated her like a slave. When sh...
28.4K 365 19
Katie just moved to New York. She's invited by her mom's friend Lin Manuel Miranda to audition for a part in a small musical. While she's there she m...
24.4K 1K 69
MOVED TO (@tay20052005) NO LONGER UPDATING ON THIS ACC