Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 • Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

25

20.7K 524 49
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"We are friends, but Elena's my friend too. And I wasn't going to sell her out," Beth admitted honestly.

"It was very stupid of all of you to think I would never find out. Now we're here and I will personally make sure that this time, things will go my way," Klaus announced before he jumped out of the truck and sped away leaving the girl where she stood.

~~~

Ava Simmons had decided to drive up to Mystic Falls High to see the place where she would have to spend her senior year. So she parked her car and got out to observe the building. Tomorrow she would have to start a new school year in a new school, but she was use to it by now. Her family seemed to be in a new city ever year so she was no stranger to starting all over.

She suddenly became alert when a loud, terrified scream was heard from inside the building. She was quick to grab the weapon she always carried in her car, and ran inside with three vervain injections and a dagger in her jacket, a Chinese ring dagger strapped to her leg and her bow and arrow in her hands which she had lowered as she walked the halls of her new school, waiting to see where the scream had come from.

That was when she heard it, voices coming from the school's gym, "Well, well. More lies," a male British accent announced with a bitter tone. They continued talking as the dark haired girl observed the situation from the outside.

There seemed to be two vampires and a human girl sitting on the floor next to two dead bodies. From what she had heard, the girl on the floor had something they wanted, but that didn't matter to Ava, she just wanted to stop the vampires.

Ava quietly entered the gym and set down her weapon in the enterance. Everyone in the room was too busy to notice the girl so she still had that as an advantage. Unfortunately, as she approached the man from behind and lifted her hand to stab the vervain needles into his back, the blonde vampire who had been yelling about her necklace warned him. "Nik!"

Klaus was quick to turn around and grab the needles from the girl's hand before throwing them off to the side, with an amused smirk on his face. Ava ran to the entrance and grabbed her bow and arrows, pointing it at the man. "And who are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm your worst nightmare!" She exclaimed confidently.

"Is that so? Are you sure it isn't the other way around?" Klaus asked with a smirk as a chuckle escaped his lips.

"I'm pretty sure, I mean, I am the one holding the bow and arrow," she replied cockily, her head tilted to the side.

"Are you?" He chuckled once more before speeding over to her and throwing her weapon into the gym's wall. Ava watched it land with a bang far away from her with fear in her eyes, but she quickly composed herself. She started to laugh, as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

Elena Gilbert watched the whole scene from where she was sat on the floor with the fear of seeing the brave girl's death. "I am really tired of this conversation. So let's flip to the last page of the story," Klaus smiked before angrily lifting the girl up by her neck.

She gasped for air, like a fish out of water, as her windpipe was crushed like sand between his fingers, but she still fought to reach the Chinese ring dagger strapped to her thigh. Klaus chuckled at her lame attempt to save herself before ripping the dagger away. "I must admit you are a brave one."

"Klaus! Let her go!" Beth yelled out as she ran into the gym. After Klaus had left her with Stefan's unconscious body, the strawberry blonde had been drugged by the blonde original and had just awoken when she started running towards the school where she knew everyone would be.

"I'd listen to your girlfriend if I was you," Ava muttered weakly, fading fast.

The hybrid ignored the huntress' remark and simply rolled his eyes at the strawberry blonde's attempt at saving the day, "I don't take orders from traitors."

"Klaus, killing her will not help anyone. It won't make you feel better and it won't make your hybrids a success! But if you let her go, I will help you, make sure everyone cooperates with finding a solution to your problem," Beth exclaimed as she cautiously approached the man. He sighed with a roll of his eyes before letting the dark haired girl fall to the floor.

Ava's hands flew to her neck, as she coughed violently, knowing that the hybrid had left a bruise, but they soon traveled to the blade in her jacket pocket. "Thank you," Beth muttered to Klaus as she looked over at the girl, slightly shaking her head with a warning look, hoping to god; she wouldn't make things worse for herself and everyone else.

The dark haired girl sighed, before removing her hand from her pocket, but still glared at the Original. Beth walked over to the girl, and helped her off the ground before introducing herself, "I'm Beth. Beth Midnight."

"Ava Simmons, nice to meet you, Beth."

"You're a Simmons?" The blonde original asked,  suddenly interested in their conversation, finally turning away from the doppelganger, to which the girl simply nodded.

"Simmons. That explains it," Klaus scoffed.

"What does that mean?" Beth questioned.

"The girl belongs to a family of hunters. Great ones, actually. They tried to kill our family, but of course it didn't work. Unfortunately, they were hard for us to kill too, so we made an agreement. They leave us and we leave them," Rebekah Mikaelson explained.

"But it seems you're forgetting the terms of our agreement," reminded Ava. "Do not kill an innocent human or supernatural, and it seems you and your family have broken that multiple times."

"Yes, well, you still won't be able to kill us! We've grown older since 100 years ago, when that deal with your family was struck, and that means we've gotten stronger. And well, I broke my curse, I'm a hybrid and soon enough I'll have an army. There will no stopping me!" Klaus yelled out.

Ava scoffed, "You really think being a hybrid will help you. If I was you, I'd run, far and fast."

"Okay! Stop it! One problem at a time!" The strawberry blonde exclaimed as she went in between the two. "You can continue this another time, but for now I need to go persuade my friends, who hate you, to help you. So priorities, okay, Klaus?" Beth intervened.

"Fine then. Let's get to it," Klaus agreed.

"Please, Ava. Just stop, okay? I get that you're a huntress, but right now your threats are only making him angry and my friends' lives are at risk here," Beth told the dark haired girl pleadingly. Ava sigh before she grabbed her weapons that had been thrown and made her way to the exit.

"Goodbye," Ava called out, "But remember Klaus, when the war comes, you are going to want a Simmons on your side. Bye bye!"

"Are you really just going to let her leave, Nik?! Her family will come after us!" Rebekah yelled, a bit of fear lacing her words as she rembered her family's last encounter with the family.

"Let them. They won't be able to harm us, Rebekah. Not after, my problem is solved," Klaus said as he cupped his sister's cheek to comfort her.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"And you're going to listen to the witch who put the curse on you in the first place?" Beth questioned.

~~~

Author's Note

That was definitely not a regular Pure Happiness chapter, I know, but this was to introduce Ava Simmons the character -Void_Stydia- and I worked on because she won the contest. I hope you guys like her because I know I do, she is so freaking brave and I love it. By the way all the lines where Ava is talking were completely made by -Void_Stydia- yeah she's an amazing writer, I know so you should go follow her. Now after this chapter I really hope that I will be able to live up to Ava Simmons and her awesomeness. Oh and if you guys haven't guessed it already she is played by Crystal Reed. Please tell me what you think and don't forget to vote!

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936 47 23
Just read to find out.
3.8K 185 10
Klaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid in search of the doppelgänger Amelia Gilbert, a girl who lost to much for such a young age She's his humanity...
14.6K 408 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
329K 10.4K 65
in which, the salvatore's sister goes through heartbreak and victory. katherine pierce x female oc ...