Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 • Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

22

25.3K 669 179
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"And what if I did! I choose my friends Stefan, not you. He's made mistakes, but so has everybody else... including you," she exclaimed before walking off in Klaus' direction.

~~~

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus boasted as they all stepped out of the car late in the night.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked rolling his eyes.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus smirked.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan replied honestly.

Despite the fact that Beth had not liked the vampire's behavior the night before, she sent him a reassuring look because she knew that he did not enjoy thinking of his ripper days.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it a legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical," the hybrid mused.

"What's your point?" Beth asked the question that Stefan had been dying to do so.

"Going to get down to business, then?"

Stefan then furrowed his brows as he spoke, "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her," he explained ignoring the vampire's question, before walking off.

Stefan gave Beth a pointed look with his brows raised, as she just shrugged before following behind. Although she knew the answer to his question she wasn't going to say anything.

~~~

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan as the three creatures walked into a bar called Gloria's.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan said more to himself than anyone else as he looked around the rustic bar.

"What do you mean?" Beth asked looking for an answer from anyone.

"It was here in the 20's," Stefan responded.

"You got to be kidding me," a woman from behind the bar announced.

Klaus smiled at the dark skinned woman before starting, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender."

"Stop," she interrupted. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you," she said to the vampire.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead?" She suggested. "Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Beth chuckled at the witch's words bringing Gloria's attention towards her. The woman stared for a moment before turning to look at the hybrid once again as he spoke, "Gloria's a very powerful witch."

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day. I'm unfortunately not immortal, unlike you three, but of course I don't envy any of you, especially not you, sweetheart," Gloria said looking over at the strawberry blonde that stood at the hybrid's side.

"How did you know?" Beth asked stepping foward.

"I felt your energy, it's very distinct, especially for an old witch like me. Your kind is very rare. One is born every 100 years after the last one dies," she explained.

"So that means I will die?" Beth asked.

"Not naturally, no. These banshees always end up killing their selves, though. It's a painful existence, but you're stronger than that."

"I'd like to think so," Beth chuckled.

"Positive one, aren't you?" Gloria chuckled.

"She sure is," Klaus answered for the girl. "Now Stefan, Beth, why don't you go and fix us up a little something behind the bar?"

"Okay," Beth chuckled before she and Stefan walked over to the bar. "That is seriously the most anyone has ever been able to tell me about my... species. And I know that what she told me isn't exactly good news, but it's something. It's the biggest something I've ever had, you've been with me since this started so, isn't it?" She asked turning to look at the vampire.

"Uhuh," he muttered as he grabbed drinks.

"You're eavesdropping, aren't you?"

"No."

"So then you just didn't want listen to anything I said?"

"Yeah, no," Stefan answered which made Beth chuckle as she turned around to look at a board full of pictures of people in the bar. "Sorry, Beth. You were saying?"

"Stefan," she muttered with wide eyes as she unpinned a photo off the board.

"What?"

"Look at this," she said handing him the old picture. He stared at it for a moment before turning over to the hybrid.

"What is this?"

"Well, I told you Stefan. Chicago's a magical place," he smirked.

"But this is me. With you," Stefan breathed out as he showed the old, colorless photograph of himself and Klaus, hugging while smiling into the camera.

~~~

Stefan and Beth were now following the hybrid into a dark warehouse, but one of them was more impatient and desperate for answers than the other. "This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?"

"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes," Klaus said vaguely.

"No. If you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan continued to question the hybrid who hadn't even bothered to look his way.

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory lane will have to wait."

"What the hell is going on?" Stefan asked as he forcibly grabbed Klaus' arm. "Answer me," he demanded.

"Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start," Klaus started, giving in, "To be honest, I hated you."

~~~

"You sister? I knew another original vampire?" Stefan asked.

"When Elijah had told me about your siblings, I just figured they were dead," Beth commented.

"Shouldn't you know if they're dead or not?"

"She's a banshee, Stefan, not a medium," Klaus said answering for the strawberry blonde.

"So I knew you and your sister?"

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask," Klaus exclaimed before he began walking off again. He approached one of the coffins he had been keeping and opened it to reveal a gray female vampire. She layed in the coffin with a dagger in her chest, wearing a 20s dress.

"I don't recognize her," Stefan confessed.

"Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine," Klaus chuckled before pulling the silver dagger out of his sister's chest. "Time to wake up, little sister."

After about two minutes the hybrid began to get impatient. "Any day now, Rebekah."

"She's been dead since the 20's, it's probably going to take some time," Beth pointed out.

"She's just being dramatic," he said quietly without taking his eyes away from the body.

"Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?" Stefan asked with a humorless chuckle.

"Well, you have many useful talents."

"Do I?"

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you."

~~~

"I was your number one fan," Klaus announced as he started walking towards the exit of the warehouse with the two following behind.

"Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan asked but instead of answering the vampire's question, Klaus stopped with the guard he had compelled to do it once again.

"When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die," Klaus demanded before he continued walking after the man had nodded.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked.

"You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you."

"How?"

"We're going to your old apartment," he answered.

"Wait," Beth said as she stopped in her tracks. "Can I just stay behind?"

"Why?" Klaus asked with his brows furrowed.

"Stefan, you told me about your... ritual in your little Chicago apartment in the 20s and I also read it in your journal when you had given it to me, to read," Beth said looking at Stefan before turning to look at Klaus once again, "But just because I know about it, doesn't mean I want to see it."

"I can't leave you with my sister, it's dangerous," Klaus said genuinely worried for the girl.

"I'll be fine. I'll stay out of her way until she... feeds from the guard. Then I'll talk to her," Beth said with guilt lacing her words. "Please."

"Alright then," Klaus agreed before he and Stefan walked off.

~~~

Beth Midnight had stood outside the warehouse, away from the coffin and the hungry vampire since Klaus and Stefan had left. She finally came in when she knew that the guard had died.

"Who the hell are you?" The blonde asked the strawberry blonde as she came into her sight.

"I'm Beth. You must be Rebekah."

"How do you know that?" She asked suspicously.

~~~

Back at Gloria's Bar, Stefan had just left Klaus to drink alone when Damon Salvatore entered the bar and sat next to the hybrid. "I see they've opened the doors to the riff raff now," he said.

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse," Damon shrugged.

"You don't give up, do you?"

"Give me Sunshine and my brother back... You'll never have to see me again," Damon said.

"You certainly want to die, don't you?Or you wouldn't be here," Klaus smirked

"What can I say, I'm a thrill seeker," Damon shrugged before Klaus grabbed his throat, depriving him of air as he lifted him off the ground.

"Oh, dear, what was that? I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries," Klaus said before he used a little umbrella tooth pick to stab Damons stomach. "Ohh! That's not it," he mocked before stabbing him once again. "Oh. Almost," he said as he dug the pick deeper into his chest and closer to his heart.

"You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan and Beth. I'm much more fun than them both," Damon suggested before Klaus threw him onto the ground. The hybrid then went on to break off a chair's leg before standing above the vampire for a minute. He then plunged the wooden leg into the younger vampire's stomach.

"Uhh," Damon groaned in pain. "Why didn't you kill me?"

"I promised Beth."

"What does that matter? I thought you were the almighty hybrid who listened to no one," the blue eyed vampire groaned out.

"She's proven to be quite the asset for my cause," Klaus answered as he stood above the vampire.

"I'm thinking it's a little more than that," Damon said managing a smirk despite the fact that he was in incredible pain.

"That isn't any of your business. Now I suggest you leave, because there are only so much freebies I can give you," Klaus said before harshly pulling the wood out of his stomach.

~~~

"You can relax, I really can't do anything to you. In fact, by being here I'm endangering myself, but hey, life's about risks, isn't it?" Beth chuckled looking over at Klaus' sister.

"Was it you, who undaggered me?"

"No, that was your brother, Niklaus," Beth said using the name that Elijah had used.

"How do you know my brother?"

"He killed my best friend," she started.

"Yeah that sounds like my bastard of a brother," Rebekah nodded.

"You didn't let me finish, my best friend was the doppelganger. He broke his curse."

"Really?"

"Yeah," she confirmed.

"But why are you with him? My brother's a psychopath and you seem like a normal and reasonable girl," she observed which made the banshee let out a small laugh.

"I made a deal with him to save a friend. He saves him, I join him," she explained.

"A deal with the devil? You really do like risks don't you?" Rebekah smirked as she sat on one of the crates. "Now let's move onto something other than Nik shall we?"

"Nik? Is that what you call him?" Beth asked.

"Yes. It's what most of our siblings called him, except for Elijah, but he's very formal."

"Yes I've met him."

"Let me guess, he's now in a coffin like the rest of them," she suggested. She simply shook her head with a roll of her crystal blue eyes when the greened eyed girl nodded. "What do you call him?"

"Klaus. But Nik... is nice," she smiled. "But you wanted to talk about something other than your brother, so go on."

"Great. What are you wearing?"

"Jeans. I know it was something women didn't wear in the 20s, but times have evolved since then," Beth informed the girl.

"What year is it?"

"It's 2010. You've been dead for 100 years, I'm sorry," Beth answered.

"It's to quite alright. You had absolutely nothing to do with it," Rebekah said.

"Alright then. Well when your brother comes back we'll ask him to take you shopping and get you to look more modern," Beth smiled.

"Speak of the devil," she muttered before she grabbed the dagger that she had left in her coffin and sped the two of them behind the crates.

"What are you doing?" Beth whispered.

"Let's give my brother a little surprise," Rebekah replied as footsteps were heard coming into the warehouse.

"Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are," Klaus yelled out as he carefully looked around the room, after he had seen his sister's empty coffin.

"Go to hell, Nik!" Rebekah exclaimed after she had plunged the dagger that had been used on her, into Klaus' chest. Klaus gasped a little, but it was obvious that it was simply the surprise and not pain that lead that when he easily took the dagger out and dropped it to the side.

"Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me," he mocked.

"Yeah. But I was hoping it would hurt more," she rolled her eyes before turning away from him.

"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. I see you've met Beth. She makes lovely company, doesn't she?" He smirked.

"She does, which is why I very sorry that she has to tolerate you."

"Oh, come on, Rebekah, I've brought you a little peace offering. You can come in," he announced right before Stefan came into the warehouse. He looked at the pretty blonde but had no memory of ever knowing her like the hybrid had told him, that is until he was compelled to remember, "Now you remember."

The memories of which he had been hearing of all day were rapidly flooding his brain. "Rebekah," he breathed out looking at the vampire once more.

"Stefan," Klaus called out. Stefan turned around and faced the hybrid reminded of the friendship the two once shared.

"I remember you. We were friends."

"We are friends," He assured before looking at his sister once more, "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch.

"The Original witch?" She questioned.

"What do you have that Gloria needs?" Klaus asked. Rebekah moved her hand over to her neck and was completely stunned when she didn't feel her necklace. Her eyes immediately widened due to the fear of having lost her prized possession.

"Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!"

"I don't know. I didn't touch it."

"We need to find it, Nik!"

"Tell me that's not what she needs," Klaus told her but his sister simply ignored it.

"I want it back!" She cried.

"Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!" Klaus yelled, angrily grabbing her arms. She ripped herself away from his grasp and ran over to her coffin, rummaging through it, trying to find her precious necklace. And when she didn't find it she angrily threw the coffin onto its side, but of course she never going to find it there. In fact, the attempt to search for it in the coffin was utterly useless because the vampire she loved had gifted her necklace to the girl he loved now and she had no idea.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"Just follow her request, she needs space, Klaus. She's the witch that is helping you, you should listen a little more," Beth told the impatient hybrid.

~~~

Author's Note

This is the longest chapter so far. I can't believe I managed managed to do the whole episode, but that's just because I didn't add the flashbacks. But I really hope you guys liked the chapter and Rebekah's and Beth's meeting. And please don't forget to vote!

Question: When do you think Beth and Klaus will have their first kiss?

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 9.2K 29
Klaus mikaelson the fearless hybrid met a girl. She fought against him in every way and yet he would do anything to keep her #787 in fan fiction
2.2M 67.9K 39
❝ You're cute! ❞ ❝ I AM NOT BLOODY CUTE. I'M KLAUS MIKAELSON, THE ORIGINAL HYBRID ❞ in which klaus mikaelson meets his match. [ editing ] [ season tw...
20.1K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...