Fire and Flame [Iroh II x OC]

Od maheenasai

A story of a young Iroh who works hard to become the General of the United Forces. Being busy with his career... Více

Chapter 1: The Re-meeting
Chapter 2: Not too posh to push
Chapter 3: The Order of the White Lotus meets the United Forces
Chapter 4: Forever alone
Chapter 5: Weird feelings
Chapter 6: Danger ahead!
Chapter 7: The Dead Man's Cave
Chapter 8: What mistake?
Chapter 9: Traitor
Chapter 10: Trapped
Chapter 11: Truth revealed
Chapter 12: Freedom vs Racism
Chapter 13: Farewell
Chapter 14: Return
Chapter 15: Old friends
Chapter 16: Final choice
Chapter 17: Confusing situations
Chapter 18: Homesickness
Chapter 19: Mysterious voices
Chapter 20: Yue Festival
Chapter 21: Voices of the Ocean
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23: Dragon's Flame
Chapter 24: Moonlight
Chapter 25: Love the way you lie
Chapter 26: Loving you
Chapter 27: Two sides of a coin
Chapter 28: Complications
Chapter 29: Wanted
Chapter 30: Can't keep my hands from you
Chapter 31: Nighmares
Chapter 32: The Dragon's cave
Chapter 33: Hold my hand
Chapter 34: In sickness and health
Chapter 35: Heart wants what it wants
Chapter 36: Failure
Chapter 37: Back to life
Chapter 38: Differences
Chapter 39: Kill'em with kindness
Chapter 40: Forgiveness
Chapter 41: Let it burn
Chapter 42: Mother's love
Chapter 43: Life or death
Chapter 44: Twofaced
Chapter 45: The dragon's kiss
Chapter 46: Earth Queen and Councillors
Chapter 47: Colours of life
Chapter 48: In this together
Chapter 49: Speeding cars
Chapter 50: Diamonds
Chapter 51: Dragon's decision
Chapter 52: Reconciliation
Chapter 53: A son's first hero
Chapter 54: Fear
Chapter 55: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 56: Underground Village
Chapter 57: A ray of sunshine
Chapter 58: Justice League
Chapter 59: Chances
Chapter 60: A new member
Chapter 61: A family dinner
Chapter 62: The fallen hero
Chapter 63: The traitor among us
Chapter 65: Dragon's failure
Chapter 66: Dragon's mercy
Chapter 67: A perfect day
Chapter 68: Signs
Chapter 69: The old wise man
Chapter 70: Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 71: Light in the dark
Chapter 72: Fate
Chapter 73: The Unagi
Chapter 74: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 75: Forgotten past
Chapter 76: Differences
Chapter 77: Sacrifices
Chapter 78: Awareness
Chapter 79: Built for the abuse
Chapter 80: Black and Blue
Chapter 81: Whem dreams come true
Chapter 82: Dear Zindagi
Chapter 83: Unexpected guests
Chapter 84: Confessions
Chapter 85: The second chance
Chapter 86: The trial
Chapter 87: Faded
Chapter 88: Changes
Chapter 89: A perfect lie
Chapter 90: Rogue

Chapter 64: Memories

1.2K 36 12
Od maheenasai

Saira's P.O.V

We were now at the dinner after the funeral. Friends and family were sitting on different small tables. Or better said the high society. It was as if we were in a restaurant. I was sitting next to Iroh who was chatting with General Asuma. Zuko and Ilah were already asleep because it was past their bedtime. I hated events like this. It was a surreal world, people hiding their real lifes from others and talking behind others backs. Everything was just a facade and I wondered when all this was going to end. I hated these formalities. I hated showing off how rich and wealthy we were. That I married Iroh, made everything worse. I felt as if I was living in a golden cage. People would look at me an be jealous of my life but they wouldn't know what I sacrificed and how ugly the life inside the cage was. I was feeling like a puppet, that would do anything its puppeteer wanted it to do. I was a figure, a role model. Playing the happy wife and mother, loved by millions. Little girls wanted to be like me, young girls wanted to be like me. While I wanted to be like them. Free and independent. Every day I was screaming for help but no one ever heard me. I was trapped. Trapped in a fancy little world with fake people, fake smiles and fake lifes, including me. I wasn't better than them. No, I was worse.
My eyes wandered around the hall and captured a little girl, maybe two years older than Zuko, who was placing a napkin like a grown woman on her lap. She looked proudly at her mother but she didn't give her any attention. That little girl reminded me of myself when I was younger. I thought that I left this life behind me but I didn't. I wished I could run away but I couldn't. Not anymore. I was not the little girl that could do whatever it wanted.
The only reason why I continued this life was Iroh. And our children, not to forget.
Soon the waiter brought us our starters and at first sight, I knew I was not going to eat this. I bet this little starter cost hundreds but it didn't even fit on the spoon, that small it was.
Iroh was still chatting with General Asuma and I decided to leave all this. Without saying a word, I raised and was about to walk away, when Iroh grabbed my hand. He looked into my eyes then his wandered down my body and the up to my eyes again. I didn't know what emotion was passing his face, it was incredibly difficult to read.

"You haven't eaten."

"Neither have you."

"Where are you going?"

"Taking some rest."

"Alright. I will be there in some time."

"You don't have to. Just enjoy your evening."

I let go of his hand and walked out of the dinner hall to my old bedroom. I didn't know how rude I was to other people, I just wanted to get out of here.
When I reached it, I immediately walked to my library and pushed it aside a little. Then I opened the small door behind it and took out my memory box. I put it on the bed carefully and pushed the library back on its place.

I opened the box and immediately noticed a picture. It was one of me when I was six years old and a boy. I remembered the day as if it was yesterday.

"Saira stop moving! Your hair isn't done!"

"But mommy! It looks beautiful!"

"No, it doesn't! Fire Lord Zuko and his grandson, Prince Iroh are visiting us today."

"I don't care mommy! They are humans as well! They are nothing special!"

Mommy let out a sigh and took my face in her hands:"I know, little rose. But Prince Hayao is daddy's best friend-"

"Why do I have to go? Why can't Taemin or Sarina go?"

"Because you are the oldest, my dear. Taemin and Sarina are only four years old and you are a grown girl, Saira."

Mommy was right. I nodded and let her finish my hair. She walked away and came back with a beautiful red dress.

"Now you look like a princess, Saira."

"I don't want to be a princess. I want to be a general just like daddy!"

"Saira that's enough!"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to see mommy annoyed. She kissed my cheek and took my hand. We went to the reception hall, where daddy was already waiting.

"Ah, here she is! May I know your name young lady?"

A tall man with grey hair looked down to me. He had a big scar on his left eye.

"What happened to your eye!?"

"Saira!", mommy warned.

"It's alright Kushina. She is just a little girl and curious.", the tall man with scar answered and then he looked at me,"I lost an Agni Kai."

"Agni Kai? You are a firebender? Can you teach me?"

"Of course it would an honour."

"I see you didn't bring along Iroh?"

"Oh I did but only the Almighty knows where he is."

"Aren't you worried? Should I ask someone to look for him?"

"No, Minho. It's fine. Iroh knows Ember Island like his own pocket. Let him enjoy his time. As well as your daughter. I think it's time for you to play now, Milady."

"Thank you!", I bowed and hugged him.

Then I ran out of the mansion to my favourite place, the beach. I had a secret place and opened my hair during my run. I loved the salty air of the sea.

When I reached, I froze. Someone was there in the secret place. In my secret place.
When I climbed up the rock, I could see a boy sitting there. He was holding his hand and seemed to be injured.

"What are you doing here?"

The boy jumped when he heard my voice.

"I was looking for peace."

"Peace?"

"Yes. You won't tell anyone that I'm here, won't you?"

"No. But how did you hurt yourself?"

The boy scratched his head:"I slipped off the rock there."

He showed to the dangerous rocks near the water, where I didn't dare to go. I ripped off a piece of cloth of my dress. I knew mommy won't be happy to see my dress damaged but the boy needed help.

"What are you doing? I'm sure the dress was expensive!"

"It's just a dress.", I smiled,"It can be renewed and changed but not your hand."

"That's really nice of you."

I wrapped the cloth around his palm and noticed that his own clothes were ripped as well.

"What's your name?"

"Let's not tell our names. That will be fun."

"Okay. But I need to call you something."

"Oh, I know! Since you are beautiful and shine bright like the sun, I will call you Sun Goddess."

"And I will call you Sun God."

"That's great! Do you live here?"

"Yes, I do! And you?"

"No, unfortunately."

"Oh...do you want to see something?"

"What is it?"

"Yes or no?"

"Yes!"

"Follow me!"

I jumped off the rock and walked straight to the little mountain. It was not a mountain but many people thought it was.

"We will climb this."

"Sounds adventurous. How old are you?"

"Six.", I said proudly,"And you?"

"I'm ten. You are pretty brave for your age."

"Thank you.", I smiled.

Last time, I was here I hurt myself a lot. I fell down several times and mommy scolded me for my wounds. But this time, I knew how to climb the mountain. We reached the peak of the mountain and Sun God was impressed.

"This is not a mountain."

"I know, it's a volcano. But it doesn't work anymore. That's why the water here is so warm. But I didn't want to show you this."

"Not? I thought this was really beautiful. But okay."

I smiled and gestured him to follow me again. We climbed further into the mountain, where I stopped at a cave.

"This is my secret place. No one was ever here. But I can share it with you."

"Really? That's really kind of you. But why?"

"You wanted your peace, you can find it here."

I took his hand and guided him inside the cave. Sun God gasped when he saw the beautiful place.

This was my favourite place in Ember Island. It was like a little world. There was a little waterfall and a small pond. The area around it was green. I found this place a few months ago and made myself comfortable here. I hid my secrets here. I hid myself here from the world. I loved the calmness and the fresh breeze and the smell of grass after rain, that was the same smell here. It was my paradise and my home.

"How can I thank you?"

"Don't tell anyone about this place."

"Is that all?"

"Yes. Promise?"

"Promise."

"Pinky Promise?"

He raised his pinky:"Pinky Promise."

I smiled to myself. The picture was taken by a citizen of Ember Island. I have never seen the boy, whom I called Sun God, again. He had promised to visit me and I waited for him every year. But he never came back.
This memory was locked into a room back in my brain and I didn't think that I would ever think about the boy again. I wondered what happened to him.

"I thought you were taking rest."

I raised my head to see Iroh leaning on the doorway.

"I am taking rest. Of the people inside there."

Iroh kept looking at me and I decided to put away my memory box when I looked closer to the picture, I recognized the boy.

I knew what happened to him now and I never imagined, that one day, I would be married to him.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

129K 3.6K 87
WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after her older sister and keep her safe. Her w...
200K 7.3K 35
The Fire Nation has been in a period of peace for years. Benevolent leaders have risen, rulers who care more about the people than their own interest...
89.4K 2.4K 62
( Oja, Y/N) a former Noble of the Fire nation but you are different with other fire benders instead your an Expert of lightning bending but can't fir...
129K 4.1K 86
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...