Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 β€’ Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

20

24.7K 676 221
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"You don't know what I did," Stefan said to her as tears continued to pool in his eyes.

"Yeah, I do. You did it to save your brother, like you always do. You'll be okay. They'll forgive you," she said into his shoulder.

~~~

"Shouldn't he be up by now?" Beth questioned, referring to the unconscious werewolf on Stefan's back.

"He took quite the beating before you were able to talk the information out of him, so no," Klaus said as they all continued walking on one of the Smoky Mountains trails that lead to the werewolves' campsite. "Speaking of Ray, you okay there, Stefan? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine," the vampire grumbled and went back to his silence.

"You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down," Klaus started but was interrupting by the vampire.

"You know, I get that we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan cut him off.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend," Klaus mocked.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer," Stefan complained.

"Well, looks like the hunt is over," Beth said to them as they all turned to look at the campsite of werewolves preparing for the full moon.

Stefan then entered the camp before throwing Ray unto the ground to grab the attention of the camp.

"Ray! Oh my god," A woman yelled worriedly, rushing over to him immediately. "What's going on? Who are you two?"

"The more important question is who am I," Klaus started as he joined the two with a devious smirk on his face, "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid," she breathed out, with fear lacing her words.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." The werewolves made no move towards the smirking hybrid instead stayed still staring at the man. "It's fascinating, actually... a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid," Klaus mused right before Ray finally awoke. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

Beth was quick to move towards the werewolf but stopped when the woman from before yelled, "Get away from him!"

"Let her," Ray groaned out, perplexing all of his pack with his words. When he uttered this, Beth kneeled down next to him looking into his brown eyes.

"What's happening to me?" He asked the strawberry blonde, softly.

"You're in transition," Beth explained before standing once again.

"Are any of you human? You're friend needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die," Stefan announced as he looked around the camp. But the question was a mere formality because they were all aware of which the human.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus asked.

"Why don't you use the, red head? She doesn't smell of vampire or werewolf," the woman suggested.

"It's... strawberry blonde, but whatever... I'm not a vampire or werewolf, that's true, but I'm not really a human either," Beth explained.

"Then what the hell are you?" She asked angrily.

"I would appreciate if you don't speak to her that way," Klaus said speeding right in front of her. "I'm tired of this conversation," he said speeding once more but towards a man who was standing nervously behind. Klaus was quick to bite into his forearm before giving the man over to Stefan who quickly threw the bleeding man next to Ray.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop," Stefan urged him.

Klaus turned to woman who still stood staring before him and said, "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die."

"I'd rather die than be a vampire," she growled.

"Wrong choice," Klaus said before forcing his blood into her mouth as Ray began to drink from the man. "She'll thank me for that later," Klaus added before snapping her neck. "Okay, who's next?" He asked, smirking, his blue eyes were amber and his fangs were protruded.

Beth suddenly groaned in pain, clutching her head as the whispers became louder. "Beth are you okay?" Klaus asked worriedly.

She nodded after a second and looked up to face him. "They're not going to survive," she breathed out.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"They're not going to survive, Klaus. They are all going to die. They're what I felt last night."

"I know that. They have to die, as a part of the process," Klaus shrugged.

"No. That's not it. I know what a transitioning vampire feels like and this, isn't it," Beth argued.

"I guess it's different for hybrids," Klaus said, ignoring her words before walking off.

~~~

Less than an hour had passed when Klaus had already managed to force his blood into every single werewolf in the camp. The clearing that was once full of busy and fully conscious werewolves, was now filled with their dead bodies waiting to awaken.

"There. Good as new," Klaus said after having gave the human his blood to heal. "Now you relax, okay, Mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up."

"They're dead, they're all dead," Ray cried. He was sat down on a large rock,  staring at all the bodies that surrounded him.

"He's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon," Klaus announced.

"So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" Stefan questioned.

"No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades," Klaus corrected.

"For what war, might I ask?"

"Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan. You build an army so big that no one ever dares to pick a fight," the hybrid explained.

"What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?" Stefan asked. Beth remained silent throughout the conversation, staring at Ray, awaiting for her 'prediction' to become a reality.

"Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn omce you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder."

Stefan laughed, "That's why you're, uh... you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?"

"You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know," Klaus replied before walking over to where Beth stood in front of Ray. He examined the man, and saw that blood was beginning to drip out of his eyes. "Something's wrong."

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?"

"Well, obviously," Klaus said, angrily dismissing the vampire's question.

"It's only going to worse," Beth muttered without moving her sight away from the 'hybrid'.

"You said it was going to feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" Ray asked Klaus, shaking as his eyes continued to spill blood.

"Some master race," Stefan scoffed.

"Lose the attitude," Klaus said with an irritated tone. Just then one of the wolves woke. "Derek, come feed your girlfriend," Klaus demanded the compelled human, so he quickly did so. Just as the woman began to feed, Ray jumped up, snarling like a savage before running off outside the camp and into the woods.

"Go get him," Klaus demanded looking at Stefan, so he did as he was told and followed the 'hybrid'.

"Klaus this isn't going to end well. You know that I'm right, so listen to me," Beth pleaded.

"I'm going to go help, Stefan," Klaus mumbled, ignoring her words once again, before he sped off after Stefan.

A minute later Klaus sped back into the camp, where Beth stood above all the werewolves who were just awaking, whose eyes were all bleeding. "Klaus, just stop this. End it now or its gonna end a lot worse," Beth begged.

"I can't!" He exlaimed with glassy eyes.

"This isn't just about an army, like you've been saying, is it? You did all this so wouldn't have be alone, so you would have a family," Beth stated.

He stayed silent. In all his years, Klaus Mikaelson had never met someone who could so easily see through him. But she somehow could. "You won't be alone," Beth added.

Silence began to surround them, until it was interrupted by a snarling hybrid. It pounced right onto Beth and quickly bit into her throat. Klaus was quick to speed over to it, and knock it off the screaming girl, but it had still taken enough blood to leave her unconscious.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"Thank you," Beth said, before embracing the hybrid into a hug. Klaus was taken back by her action but finally after a few seconds, he put his arms around her waist, hugging her back.

~~~

Author's Note

I'm not sure how I feel about this but I tried and I hope you guys enjoyed it. I really hope you guys are having an amazing Christmas. Merry Christmas, everyone (if you celebrate the holiday)! Don't forget to vote!

There were three ship names that I really liked so I want to let you guys choose. Comment on the ship name that you think it's best. Which ever gets more comments will be the official ship name for Beth and Klaus.

Question: Which is better?

Beklaus

Or

Blaus

Or

Kleth

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 3.3K 38
Evie, a Gilbert, but selfless. Always put others first, and herself last. It is her senior year, and she meets Klaus, and it goes from there..... (in...
15.2K 347 23
Mystic Falls had a history that Amity Romero was unaware of in her move back to the small town. Being convinced for years by her cousin, Caroline, to...
565K 7K 39
>β„π”Όβ„šπ•Œπ”Όπ•Šπ•‹π•Š β„‚π•ƒπ•†π•Šπ”Όπ”» < π••π•’π•žπ• π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ 𝕀π•₯π•–π•—π•’π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ π•œπ• π• π•žπ•šπ•œπ•–π•’π•π•€π• ...
2.2K 84 11
In which four strangers are brought to the tvd world together after an unfortunate accident costs their lives. Will they survive in a world where po...