Rainbooms in Paris

By lakshyas123

Rainbow Dash, everyone's favourite tomboy, always loved Canterlot High. But when her parents send her to Pari... More

~Prolouge~
More Friends Out There
As Time Goes By
Au Revoir Et A Demain
A Bad Encounter
When Crushes Sit With Rivals (The Real Thing)
When Crushes Sit With Rivals (April fools joke)
Invitation
One Choice
Exposure With No Danger of Akumatisation
The Soccerer

First Impressions

678 42 10
By lakshyas123

RAINBOW DASH

I just don't get it.

Five minutes ago, Chloe was a regular dumb teenager. 

Now she's a lazer-zapping freak.

And the only thing I like about this change is her outfit. 

About the thing I hate most... The way she's eyeing me. Like I'm a prey.

And before I even realize it, she's right in front of me. And the next moment I'm slammed into the wall behind me.

 "Look who we have here." She smiles in a creepy way. "Rainbow Dash. I'll make sure your condition is worse than that of others !" 

Chloe raises a hand into the air, and a glowing orb of light starts forming in it. Her other hand is around my throat, holding me against the wall. 

I close my eyes and clench my fists, waiting for the impact. The worst that can happen is me in a pink lacey dress. 

But it never happens. 

Intsead, I hear a Thunk ! and a Ouch ! and and feel myself being pulled by something. Away from the attack. And hopefully from Paris and all this misery.  

The next thing I know, I'm lying on my side on the cold marble floor. I blink open my eyes, and see two people. A girl in a red spandex jumpsuit (and mask) with black polka dots, who was spinning a yo-yo, which was also red with black dots. Beside her is a guy in a black leather suit. He, too, is wearing a black mask. He catches a silver rod which shrinks into a baton. Probably whatever hit Chloe.

So, these are the superheroes of Paris ? And they have a yo-yo and a baton for weapons ? Not very reassuring.

"What are you looking at ?" The boy says. "GO !"

I get on to my feet and try to make a run for my room, but then, there's the thick crowd. And I end up in the wrong corridor.

I see a girl running towards the chaos, phone in hand. Puzzled by her weird behaviour, I call out to her.

"Hey, wait ! Where do you think you're going ?" I ask.

"The Akuma attack. Duh." She says. Then looks at me like her eyes are scanning something. "You're new here, right ? Well, I guess I need to tell you, well, everything."

LADYBUG

Once the hall empties a bit more, I glare at the... what's her name again ? I'll just call her Chloe for now.

"Look, Chloe, I don't know why you're doing it, but you must stop." I say, spinning my yo-yo.

"I'm not Chloe." She says, pointing her weapon, a fancy parasol, at me. "I'm the embassador." (A/N : If you don't get it, it's like 'embarrass' and 'ambassador' combined)

Really, Hawkmoth ? Really ?

Of all the people, it had to be Chloe ?

And I thought my poetry skills were gone along with Valentine's day. Turns out that isn't the case.

Embassador shoots a ray at me, and I manage to deflect it with my yo-yo.  Cat tries to disarm her, and she diverts her attention to him. While they both fight, I try to find the item where the Akuma is hidden. I notice that the sunglasses perched on top of her big head are purple. 

So that's where the Akuma is located. 

I go behind her, planning a sneak attack to grab the glasses. 

I run towards her. One shove is all I need.

But then, she turns, sees me, and raises her parasol.

Next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground. Laughter ringing in my ears. I look up and around me. People are all around. Laughing and pointing. Some are even filming. But... I'm pretty sure this room was empty a while ago. So what happened ?

I try to get up, but a slip and fall down. The laughter gets louder.

"I never knew you were such a klutz, Ladybug."

"And you call yourself a superheroine." 

"You were my inspiration. And now..."

Why is this happening ?

I try to get up, and succeed this time. I look around and see Cat behind me. And Embassador. Cat's expression is hard to read, while she is sporting a smirk on that stupid face of hers.

"Looks like she doesn't want to be the most embarrassing person in this room." Embassador smirks. 

"You won't get away with this." I say, and try to tie her up with my yo-yo, but as I throw it towards her, it recoils and I find the thread wrapped around myself. The laughter increases.

'Oh, Lord..' I think as I bite my lip and hold back tears. 'What is happening ?'

CAT NOIR

I don't know what's happening. Ladybug first trip and fell, and then she got tangled up in her own yo-yo. And Embassador said something about her not being embarrassed. Now she's standing there as a tear runs down her cheek.

"I won't have to do anything about you, it seems." She says, and walks towards Ladybug. "Feeling helpless, aren't you, Cat Noir ?" 

Then it hits me. I nearly slap myself for not realizing this earlier. She's going to take Ladybug's earrings, cause she's the vulnerable one, and I'm just standing here feeling like a useless dork.

On second thought Embassador was wrong. Being helpless isn't something I fear being. Even if I felt like the most helpless person last year...

Thinking quickly, I run up behind her, and swing my baton as hard as I can. I watch as Embassador falls to the ground, unconsious.

"My Lady !" I say, as I run over to her, and wrap my arms around her. I stay like that for a few seconds, then start to untangle the yo-yo.

LADYBUG

I see Embassador walk towards me. Then I see Cat knocking her out. Then he comes to me, hugs me, pulls back, and starts untangling the rope. I look around me, and see that the room is empty - except for me, Cat and Embassador.

"She hit me with the ray... I think I was hallucinating, Cat." I say.

"I know. She said something about you not wanting to be embarrassed." He says, and looks up at me, right into my eyes. I quickly look away.

"I just.. don't want to be a laughing stock. I have an experience of being one, and it's not nice at all." I say.

"And I don't want people to think I'm a cliche rich kid... You know, the mean and bossy stereotypes. Like Chloe." He says. 

I look at him, and we just stare at each other... That's the first time we ever said anything about our real lives.

"So... you used to be a laughing stock ? But now you're like, that one bold girl who stands up against bullies ?" He asks.

"Kind of... And.. you're a rich person ?" I ask. 

"Yeah. But I don't like to brag about it." He says. "You know what ? I've been recollecting... stuff. Like the day I got my Miraculous, the way we met.. the first time we defeated an Akuma.. things like that." 

"Cat Noir ?" I say, grinning. "Let's grab the Akuma first." 

MARINETTE

Lying in bed, I recall all the times I spent with Adrien. Including that day when he gave me his umbrella. Especially that day. I feel the tiniest bit guilty as I pull the black umbrella closer to me. And I regret washing my hands with soap.

I think about how I had a wrong impression on Adrien at first. Now, I just wish it could've been different. I wish we could've been friends from the start. But he was the one who came and made amends with me and made me fall in love with him. I still think about that sometimes

RAINBOW DASH

After one more glance at the night view of Paris, I draw the curtains over the windows and go to bed. I can make out the ceiling in the dim light of the bedside lamp.

Ladybug and Cat Noir aren't really that bad. That girl -Alya, she said her name was- told me everything about them. Apparently they're really cool. I wish I didn't mess with Chloe too much... One punch to her face should've done it. But I caused an Akuma. I feel guilty about that. 

And it looks like Paris isn't all fashionistas. I met this girl today when I went to the skating ramp to check it out. Her name's Alix Kubdel and well... She's a lot like me. Tomboyish, sporty, and sassy.

MARINETTE/RAINBOW DASH

Sometimes, first impressions can be entirely wrong. 

A/N : OMG THIS BOOK IS SO CLOSE TO 1K LIKE WTF THANK YOU SO MUCH I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!!!!

And sorry if the chapter turned out to be terrible... I'm still working on writing Action scenes.

*Spoiler Alert*

It's Rainbow's first day at school in the next chapter !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 1.1K 22
The mane 6 were sent to Canterlot by Princess Celestia without specifically saying the reason why. Throughout the journey, Rainbow Dash tries to do s...
580K 19.7K 39
(Y/n) and her mom just moved to Paris, France. In all honesty, she'd rather go live on the moon rather than here. She was the only miraculous user fr...
620 28 10
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are childhood friends, but everything changes when Luke enters their lives, stirring up feelings of jealousy in Rainbow...
1.4K 78 20
i'v changed this stupid description like 5 times but here it is ... the teens are now in their senior year of high school, marinette and chat noir ha...