PLAYER

Av Love_Bri94

PLAYER; A male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretend... Mer

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven.
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Sequel
Surpriiiiise!

Twenty-Three

9.8K 507 80
Av Love_Bri94

Christopher

Today was my banquet. My last one. I'm kind of sad about this. I gave this team my all and now I won't be able to do that anymore.

It seem like I just started playing and now it's all over.

4 citywide and statewide championships and 8 MVPs under my belt. I was the man obviously.

I was in my room getting ready. I haven't heard from Sabrina today so I'm sure she probably won't be showing up, even though this is a very important night for me. She's still mad about the whole Rita situation but she's always mad so I really don't pay her any attention.

All of that could've been avoided if she would've listened to me. Yeah, Rita was constantly picking with her but she could've kept ignoring her like she been doing.

Now she unemployed.

Well she might not be for long. Our manager is trying to get her put over into another shoe store.

Ima miss us working together but shit happens.

"Christopher." My mom said knocking on my door.

"Come in."

She opened it. "It's time to go, come on."

I grabbed my phone and walked out the room.

"Are you nervous? Tonight is a big night for you." She asked while grabbing on to my hand.

"A little bit. I'm more sad then anything."

"I know but you'll be playing again before you know it."

"Yeah."

We got outside and climbed into my step dads truck. I pulled my phone out and went to my texts with Sabrina.

I know you're still mad at me but I really do hope I see you tonight - 6:12pm

The rest of the ride I just scrolled through Instagram. When we pulled up to the school I got nervous. Tonight was all about me and I'm just hoping that I don't cry.

Everybody got out the car and headed inside the gym. It was now filled with a bunch of tables and it had a stage with a podium on it.

"Aye look C." Trevor said. I looked over where he was pointing and a big smile peeled across my face.

She smiled back.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her then we shared a few kisses.

"I didn't think I would see you tonight." I said.

"I wasn't going to miss this."

"I love you."

"I love you too." She quickly kissed me again.

I grabbed her hand and led her over to the table. She hugged everybody and then we sat down. I just held onto her hand the entire time.

Most of this damn banquet was irrelevant to me. It felt like this thing was taking forever to get to the important stuff.

Which is talking about me!

Our coach went up to the podium after the principals long ass unnecessary speech. My nervousness was coming back.

"I met this young man almost 5 years ago." Coach started. The grip I had on Sabrina's hand tightened. "I remember seeing this tall, skinny 8th grader that was amazing on the court and I just thought to myself that I had to get this boy over to Crenshaw before these other schools snatch him up. After talking to his parents, they decided to let him come over. His first year on my team he outscored my seniors that played. I knew he'd always be a force to reckoned with. He brought us 8 championships, something our school hadn't seen in a while. He came to me one day and said coach, I promise I'll carry this team on my back. He got more of his friends over on the squad and we became unstoppable. Well his time with us is now winding down. But I am absolutely positive that you'll be seeing him on your tv screens playing against some of the greatest. I'm proud that we were able to have you apart of our team and you'll go down in history at Crenshaw High. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce to one of the greatest players I've ever seen Christopher M. Brown."

The entire gym stood up and started cheering. My eyes burned from the tears that I tried to avoid. I couldn't get up there and cry in front of everybody.

When I got up to the podium, they placed my metals around my neck and gave my 4th plaque for player of the year.

"Chris, on behalf of myself and the staff at Crenshaw, we'd like to give you the first ever hall of fame plaque. You came, you saw, and you conquered. You dominated this court every chance you got and we'll never forget that." Coach handed me another plaque.

This felt like dream. I hugged everybody on the stage.

"Speech, speech, speech." All my teammates started chanting.

The principal stepped back and pointed to the mic. I grinned and walked up to it and the cheering began again.

"Thank you everybody." I said. "I was kind of trying to avoid talking cause I'm a little chocked up right now and I don't want y'all to think Im a punk or something." Everybody laughed. "It feel like I just walked through those doors and was amazed at how big this gym was. I can't believe this is all over. I've played with some amazing players over these 4 years. I had the best coach. The greatest support system, it's been amazing. Playing for this team really kept me out of a lot of trouble. Coach stayed on my back and made sure that I remained focused and I'll always be grateful for that. Even if I don't end up in the NBA I'll never forget the amazing time I had bringing this school a bunch of wins and championships. I'm going to miss playing here but I'll always keep a piece of this place with me everywhere I go. I'll never forget where I came from. I want to thank my team, cause without y'all none of this would've been possible, it wasn't just me out there. I'm going to miss y'all man. Thank you for all of your support." I had to end my speech there because the tears were coming back. I hugged Coach then walked off the stage. My mom was crying like always. I get on her nerves but I love her more than anything.

After taking a few pictures I sat back down.

"You did amazing." Sabrina said before kissing my cheek.

"Thank you baby."

Afterwards

We chilled here for a while, taking pictures, just laughing but now I was ready to go. We were walking out the door, when I wrapped my arm around Sabrina's shoulder and kissed her forehead.

"So man of the night, what are you about to get into?" She asked.

"You." I said in her ear. She looked up at me and scrunched her nose. "Well besides that I was hoping we could go catch a movie or something."

"I'm cool with that."

"Ma, I'm riding with Sabrina, I'll catch up with y'all later." I said.

"Okay, you two be safe."

"We will." Sabrina said. I took her car keys and opened her door. She got in then I climbed into the drivers seat. Pulling off, we made our way to the movies. "So should I be getting used to these banquets with you being honored?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah you should." I smiled. "All through college and all through the NBA."

"Oh so you're trying to keep me around forever huh?"

"That's the plan."

"Well what if we decide to go to different colleges? What happens then?"

I just looked at her. "We'll figure something out."

"I've really been thinking about UCLA lately though." She said.

"You? Really?"

"Yeah. I know it's shocking but as bad as I do want to leave I'm kind of scared and plus Tiara might be staying because she's being noticed by all these modeling agencies. I don't want to be all the way over there by myself."

"I'm kind of happy to hear you say that but I know how much you wanted to go to Howard."

"Maybe I'll do two years home and then go."

"Yeah. But I'll be drafted around that time so you have come where ever I go."

"Riiiiiight."

I laughed. "Whatever decision you make I'll support you 100% baby."

"Thank you."

We pulled up to the movies and climbed out. "Come on, let's find the emptiest movie theater in here so I can tear that ass up." I gripped her ass.

"Nasty ass."

"You were thinking the same thing."

"I was though." She laughed.

"I know you was, freaky ass."

She smirked. "I love you Blondie and I'm sorry for acting the way I've been."

"It's cool and I love you too."

We kissed and she walked ahead of me.

I can't lie, thinking about he possibly going to another school in another state has me feeling some type of way. I'll always be supportive of her decision but I'd rather just keep her around me forever.

------------------------------

Boooooring but comment comment comment

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

60.4K 2.1K 17
play·er /ˈplāər/ A male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them. "I hear...
178K 8.5K 30
He's the Student and She's the Teacher.
134K 5K 61
When two opposites attract. Star quarterback Jacob Perez, whose in love with his victim -- hermaphrodite, Chresanto August. Follow them and their jo...
75.9K 2.9K 43
Will you do anything to protect the one you love the most ?