Thirty-One

Christopher

Three days before Prom

I haven't been to school since last week. I feel like everybody is judging me and blaming me for what happened. I heard Sabrina got suspended. She's never been in trouble and because of me she got two fights under her belt.

I feel like the worse person on earth. I've been to her house, but her mom won't let me talk to her. I'm trying to keep in mind what my dad said about never giving up but I think no matter how hard I fight, she'll never give me another chance.

She'll be in D.C in July so we won't even be able to have a relationship.

Man it feel like she took my heart with her when she walked away.

Why did I have to be so stupid? I had a good thing and I just had to ruin it. I should've never got with her because I knew what I was capable of. She's a good girl that's been ruined by me.

But I just knew that for her I could change.

My player ways got the best of me and now I've lost the most important girl in my life.

My room door opened and Trevor walked in with a box. "Here you go bro. Sabrina just dropped this off."

"She was here?" I jumped up and looked out my window.

"Her sister brought it to the door but I saw her sitting in the car. They're gone now."

"Damn."

"Sabrina was a good girl man. I had a feeling this would happen though."

"How?"

"You my brother and I love you but you have never ever been faithful to a girl. You don't know how to be and I don't see how you expected that to change overnight. You tried though and that's what's up but deep down you'll always be that same player."

"I'm not that same person Trev, Sabrina changed me."

He laughed. "Naw, if she did you wouldn't be sitting here looking like your puppy just ran away and y'all would still be together."

"I love her man, I don't want to lose her for good. I can be what she needs, I know I can."

"It might be too late for that. I think you should just take this situation and learn from it so that you'll be better prepared for the next girl that comes along."

"Man, I don't want another girl, I want her."

"Well good luck trying to win her back man." He left out.

I started going through the box he sat on my bed. All my hoodies were in there, my t-shirts. When I got to the bottom I pulled out a small bag. I looked inside and her necklace and earrings were in there.

Tossing the bag down, I knocked the box on the floor.

"Fuck man!"

How do I make this right? What can I do to get her to at least talk to me?

This is so fucked up. All I want is my girl back. That's it.

Sabrina

Bryson Tiller - Right My Wrongs blasted through my headphones as I sketched in my book. I haven't left my room since I've been suspended. Today was my first time leaving the house but that's only because Nicki forced me to. I was so relieved when Trevor answered the door instead of him. Tiara told me that he hasn't been in school since the fight.