Thirty-Three

Sabrina

Three Hours before Prom

Trying to eat and get your make up done has to be the hardest thing ever and I know this make up lady wants to cuss me out. But my sister just walked in with my first cup of Hennessy and everybody knows not to drink on an empty stomach.

Nicki was doing all that she could to make this night better for me and that's why she's the best sister ever!!!

Once I finished my burger I took the cup from her and killed that shot. My throat burned as the liquor slid down.

Just what I needed.

"Sabrina. There's something here for you." My mom said while walking in with a vase of flowers.

"Who are those from?" I asked confused.

"Here's a note." She handed me a small white envelope.

I pulled the flip back and took out a card. Scanning over it I just sat the the card down.

"You can put them on my dresser."

"Who are they from?" Nicki asked.

"Chris." I said just above a whisper.

She nodded then walked out the room.

"Well that was sweet of him." My mom said. "Do you need anything? Everybody should be showing up soon."

"No, I'm fine. What time does the lady doing my hair get here?"

"That's a good question. I'll ask Nicki."

I nodded, then focused on getting my make up finished.

Why didn't Nicole bring the whole bottle in here. I really need it.

Ugh.

Drinking away my problems ain't gone do nothing but turn me into an alcoholic. I'm too young for that shit anyway.

But after sitting in the chair for what felt like forever I was finally finished. I glanced in the mirror and I looked like a different person.

"Do you like it?" The make up lady asked.

"I love it, thank you so much."

"No problem. I want you to have fun at your prom honey. This is a once in a lifetime thing."

"Thank you." We hugged then I headed downstairs.

"You look so beautiful." My mom said.

"Thanks. Where's the hair stylist?"

"About that. She double booked you." Nicki said.

"Are you kidding me?! What am I supposed to do about my hair."

"I'm going to do it."

"Nicki you haven't done hair in years! I refuse to look crazy today."