Changed By Love (Completed) B...

By AmorieQ

Book 1 - Born of Roses Book 2 - Changed by Love Book 3 - Hidden by Foam *This is the sequel of Born of Roses... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 8

657 62 6
By AmorieQ

Freya's POV

The next morning I was woken by Moira with breakfast in bed. I told her that it wasn't necessary, but she said that I would need all my energy for my day with the king.

When I was done with my meal she gave me a dress and shooed me off to the bathroom to get dressed. I hurriedly changed into my new dress because I didn't want to keep the king waiting. 

As I opened the bathroom door I saw that Moira left and took the tray with her. I quickly made myself more presentable, before I went to the west wing.

A few minutes later I stood outside the library door knocking.

"Come in." I heard the king say and I entered.

I found him the lounge area again with a stack of books on the table.

"Ah so you're finally here. Now let's not dilly dally any longer and get to work." The king said as he handed me the top book.

I took it from him and read the title 'The fae lands'.

"You want me to read a book on faeries?" I asked skeptically.

"Yes, you can't remember much about your past and I want to learn more about the dreadful creatures. So it is a win win." He said.

"Excuse me, but fae aren't dreadful creatures."

"Yes they are, especially if they are all as stubborn as you." He said. 

"Do you want my help or not?" I asked as I fumed over his words. Dreadful creatures! He called faeries dreadful creatures, how dare he!  Of all the creatures in this room he was the dreadful one.

"Yes unfortunately I do. So let's get started." He said and I huffed before I took a seat across from him and started to read to him.

-*-
After a few hours Moira came by to bring us lunch. I didn't even realise the time until she came inside with food. The food looked delicious and my mouth started to water. 

Moira saw my expression and chuckled,"You and your food."

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat. She gave me a last look before she left.

When she was gone I focused my attention back on the king and noticed that he hasn't eaten a single bite.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked him.

"I am, but I'm..."

"But you're?"

"I don't want to have an audience when I eat." He said.

"Well, how about this? I will read this book while I finish my own meal and I promise not to look."

"Promise?" He asked and I saw vulnerability in his eyes.

"Yes." I said before I opened a book and started to read while I finished my amazing meal. I couldn't understand why he didn't want me to see how he ate, but then I remembered he was a bear and with his paws he won't be able to eat with a fork and knife. And him being a king didn't help, because he must have learnt his whole life long how to eat with manners and now he couldn't. 

After a while he announced that he was done and that I should continue with the book I was busy with.

"King Mijal was completely shocked when he discovered-"

"No no no, you're saying it wrong. It is not Mijal it is Miguel. As in me-gall. Not my-gel." The king said as he interrupted my reading.

"No you pronounce it like my-gel not me-gall." I replied.

"No it's not is my-gel it is me-gall."

"Yes it is."

"No it is certainly not."

"Yes it is."

"No. And that is final."

"Yes and who is the reader of this wonderful book?" I asked.

"You, but your ruining the story by pronouncing the name wrong." He said in a gruff voice. 

"No, I'm not and I'm not pronouncing the name wrong." I said as I crossed my arms infront of my chest.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not and if you don't agree this instance I will not help you any longer." I threatened and he quickly agreed.

"I thought so." I said as I flashed him a dashing smile and he just rolled his eyes at me.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked.

"No, I did no such thing. Now please continue." He said and I returned my attention back on the book.

"The king was about 3 summers of age when his parents discovered that he started to develop some of his gifts." I read.

"Hold up, didn't you just read a while ago that fae only start to develop their gifts at the age of sixteen?" The king asked as he looked at me.

"Yes, I found this strange as well."

"Please continue."

"The young king had both his parents extraordinary gifts and he showed signs of more. He had all the gifts fae could possible receive, except one very powerful mind manipulating gift. The mind manipulating gift is the most feared among fae. But to the great delight of the fae no one amongst them has shown signs of this gift. That is until a legend came to be. 'Powers will arise to save a kingdom from despise, time lessens with every petal fall. Hurry quick to break a stone wall'." I read but something about the text felt familiar and I stopped as I traced my fingers across the worn out page.

"Freya?" I heard the low grumbling of the king and immediately looked up at him. My eyes made contact with his.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes I am, why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"You just stopped reading."

"Oh my apologies, sire. I only found this part of text familiar that's all." He looked me over before he nodded and I continued.

"What is this feared mind manipulating powers they spoke of?"  The king asked.

"I don't know. Wait a minute here is something about it: the mind manipulating powers is the most feared gift of all for none are safe from its reach. Fae with this powers are capable of making creatures do anything against their will." I read.

"That seems like a very powerful gift." The king said.

"Indeed it does." I said as a yawn escaped my lips and I quickly covered it with my hand.

"Someone's tired." I heard a voice say and when I looked up I saw that it was Moira.

"I brought you your evening meal, sire." She said as she placed a tray of food on the table and took the other one, "Freya I took your food to your room." She said and I nodded before she left.

"I guess I will retire for the night then. Goodnight, your majesty." I said as I stood up and bowed before I turned around to leave only to be stopped by the king.

"Freya." He called me back and turned around to face him.

"Thank you for helping me today."

"It was my pleasure, your highness." I said with another bow.

"Please don't do that." He said with a gruff voice.

"Do what, sire?" I asked perplexed.

"Don't call me sire, your highness or your majesty. There is enough people calling me that already."

"Then what should I call you?"

"Call me Ronin. It would be nice to have someone call me by my real name for once." He said.

"Alright then, Ronin." I said as I tested his name on my lips. It was quite a beautiful name.

"Good, will you help me again tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes." I said with a small smile.

"Good. Goodnight Freya." He said with what would appear to be a smile, but came out as a grimace.

"Goodnight Ronin." I said before I turned around and left for my room.

When I entered my room I noticed the tray of food on the table. I quickly dived into it before I prepared for bed. Once I was on my soft bed I realized how tired I really was. I quickly closed my eyes and the last thought I remembered thinking was that maybe just maybe the king wasn't as bad as I thought.

-*-
My heart skipped a beat as I saw the dark hooded figure standing infront of me. His hood covered most of his face, but I could still see his lips. His lips formed a wide grin as he pulled his sword out of its sheath.

I begged him not to do it, but he kept coming closer and closer. I tried to run but I was held in place by another hooded figure.

My heart raced in my throat as the same words repeated through my mind: "You are mine Freya, you will be my queen."

And just as the man was about to plunge the sword into me I was awakened by my own screams.

I was breathing heavily and my body was covered with sweat. I was frightened, not because of the dream, but because I had a feeling that this dream was more a memory than it was a dream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 198 29
Book 2 Lost Sequel Rose was once a Lost teen girl. She didn't know what to do but now she has became found. She's a great mother of her kids. Her ki...
238K 11.9K 103
"You're playing with fire Safania." "Good thing I don't burn." The last words he spoke before throwing me onto my bed sounded like a threat, but felt...
561K 17.4K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...