Faithless

By LaurenJ22

After Faith's father decides to return back to his work at the mines, her world changes. She is left to live... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty One
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄🎄🎄
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four (FINAL CHAPTER)
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

24.2K 1K 357
By LaurenJ22

-----------------

Dedication: Spaghetti1334 for the cute cover! Thank you! Also, thank you for supporting me through votes and comments. It means a lot! xx

Recap:

"For fuck sake," I ground out, my voice twisting into a far more venomous tone. "I want nothing to do with either of you. You're trash. Stay the fuck out of my life, and I'll do the same."

"Xavier-"

I hung up and threw my phone to the ground. Running my hands over my face roughly, I slid to my knees.

No matter how far I run, or how much I pretend I didn't play part in his sick game as a child, I couldn't escape.

I'm a dead man walking.

We're not too far away from the end of Faithless... Is there anything you guys would like to see happen before I conclude Faith and Xavier's tale? Please let me know - I wrote this story for YOU. If there are any scenes or anything you'd like to see, please let me know! And as always, thanks for being awesome and reading this story! It means a lot to me. :-)

-----------------

Brooklyn and I were on a date.

It was a nice date. We got take-away Thai and sat by the river. It was really pretty. I think it took her mind off the fact that she broke up with Derek. It was hard for me to understand why she was so upset. In my eyes, it wasn't a big loss. But she loved him and they had spent a long time together. Therefore, as the best friend, it's my duty to help her move past this and get better.

Which is exactly what I'm doing.

"It's weird not texting him," she commented, playing with her fork. "I always text him."

I rolled my eyes. "I know. It's annoying."

"Shut up."

"It is going to be weird. You're used to having him with you all the time, but you'll soon adapt to not having him there, too. It just takes time."

She let out a sigh. "I know. I just thought that breaking up with him, I would feel... free? I don't know." She pushed around the food in the container as she shrugged. "I just thought I would feel different."

"Are you regretting it?"

She was silent for a moment. "No. I don't regret it."

"Well, that's the main thing," I replied, shoving another forkful into my mouth.

"I know I'd never hear the end of it if I went back to him," she teased, nudging my arm.

"Damn right."

She let out a soft laugh and I smiled. I hadn't heard her laugh all day - it was weird. She laughed at literally everything, unamusing things and all. And usually slapped everything in her vicinity whilst she was doing so. It was weird to hang out with her and not go home with bruises and aching sides.

"I'm kind of tired. I might head home."

"You alright?" I asked softly, placing the lid on my container, before turning to face her.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just tired."

"Okay, I'll drive you home."

After packing up and tossing it into the boot of my car, I drove Brooklyn to her house.

"Thanks for tonight. It was nice to get out of the house."

"Any time," I smiled, before leaning over and hugging her tightly. "Get some rest. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay," she said quietly, before grabbing her back and sliding from the car.

I let out a deep breath as I pulled from the curb. It was unsettling being around her when she was so down. It was unusual.

I pulled into my driveway and frowned up at my bedroom window. There was a soft, orange glow coming from it. As I walked passed the lounge room, I saw my dad, sprawled out, one leg hanging off the arm chair. His soft snores could be heard over the rumble of the T.V. Shaking my head slightly, I pulled a rug from the other lounge and placed it over him.

I poked my head into Xavier's room, to see that his room was eerily silent and the lights were off.

As I entered my room, a gasp left my lips. There were candles scattered around various parts of my room. There were rose petals spread across the bed, with a Victoria Secret bag, placed in the center.

I felt like I had taken a step out of the life of Faith, and into a romantic, Hollywood movie. This was surreal.

"Hello," he greeted.

I turned and he stood there, dressed in a nice dress shirt, tie and dress pants. Xavier looked so handsome. My lips parted as my eyes walked all over him.

"Hi," I choked out.

"How are you?" he asked, his voice slightly husky.

"G-good," I stammered idiotically as he approached me, tantalisingly slow.

"That's good," he murmured.

He reached around me and tugged at the bag. He passed it to me. With an excited grin, I pulled out a lacey garment. It was hot.

"Go put it on," he whispered, his lips lightly touching my ear. A shiver ran down my spine.

Wordlessly, I walked into the bathroom and shred my jeans and baggy top. I placed the lingerie on over my body and was delighted that it fit perfectly.

It was a red and black, lacey bra, with see-through material that fell a bit below my waist. It had matching black and red underwear. It contrasted with the fiery redness of my hair perfectly.

I stared at my reflection and was proud to admit that I looked hot. I had never said that about myself before and in this moment, I truly felt I did.

A little nervous, I edged out of the bathroom. Xavier was lying diagonally across the bed lazily. His skin in shadow of the flickering lights, made him look even more handsome, if possible. I felt my heart start to beat faster.

"God, I am so lucky," he groaned, moving to the edge of the bed. His eyes hungrily moved over every inch of my body.

"Thank you for my present," I whispered, coming towards him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, his strong hands rubbing circular patterns down my back. I felt myself melt into his strong, possessive touch.

His slightly rough hands, began to rub at the bare skin on my thigh and I felt my heart plummet into my stomach. I never felt nervous when I was with Xavier. But the way he was looking at me and touching me, tonight, I was.

With my hands beginning to tremble, I tugged at his tie, before tossing it to the side. I began to unbutton his shirt as his hands continued to rub my skin. I pushed the material off his shoulders and ran my own hands over his muscles. They felt strong underneath my fingertips.

"I love you," he murmured to me, pressing his lips to my stomach.

"I love you, too."

He effortlessly tugged me onto the bed, his mouth taking over mine.

In this moment, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

***

Ever since last night, I had been on a high.

My mind kept flashing back to the candles, the lingerie, the feel of his hands touching my skin, the touch of his lips on mine. It was the most magical evening I could ever ask for.

All I wanted to do, was call Brooklyn and gush about it. But I couldn't. Not when she just broke up with Derek. So when I called, I just focused on her and didn't mention anything about my extra activities last night.

"I've never seen you smile so much," Xavier said, drawing me from my heart throbbing memories of my last 24 hours.

"Me either," I laughed, reaching over and taking his hand in mine.

He gave it a tight squeeze, before having to change gears. He had one hand lazily resting on the wheel, the other on the gear stick. We were on our way to the movies. We hadn't gone on a date for a while, so we decided that cooking tacos and going to the movies, would be suffice.

The wind coming through the windows blew through his hair, making it look stylishly messy. Me, on the other hand, looked like I was a victim of a tornado. Attempting to smooth my hair back, I sunk in my seat, a blissful smile stretched across my face.

I could not be happier with Xavier right now. He was truly amazing.

"What are we seeing again?" he asked.

"A Nicholas Spark movie."

"Who's that?"

"Don't worry, you're going to love it," I said, although I had kind of mislead him into thinking it was going to be a scary movie.

Little did he know...

We pulled into a park and I was surprised that there weren't many other cars around. The movies was usually a favourite pastime of people in this town. If a new movie was coming out and it was popular, you had to book ahead to guarantee yourself a seat, usually.

After buying our tickets, drinks and popcorn, we our made our way in.

I glanced at Xavier a few times as the movie began.

It took him about ten minutes to realise, it was not a thriller movie. He whipped his head to me.

"This isn't a scary movie."

"Oh, isn't it?" I asked with mock surprise.

"No," he said with suspicion, his eyes narrowing. "You tricked me!"

"How do you know I'm not just as confused as you are?"

"Because I know you," he frowned, jabbing my arm. "I should have known better."

"You really should have," I smirked, before snatching the popcorn from him.

He let out a huff and faced the screen again. I silently laughed at him.

I would gladly have agreed to watch a thriller movie, but there hadn't been any out. And I really wanted to go.

As the movie was coming to an end, I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. Quirking an eyebrow, I fumbled to get it. The only people that rang me, were Brooklyn, Xavier or my father. All three knew I was at the movies.

A number I didn't recognise came up. Declining it, I settled back into my seat. The number proceeded to ring three more times.

"What's up?" Xavier asked, taking some popcorn into his hand.

"A number I don't know keeps trying to ring me," I whispered, again, pressing decline.

"Maybe it's your mother," he teased.

"That makes me want to answer the call, that much more," I bantered back.

A text came through, next.

Unknown: I know you don't like me, but I need your help.

Unknown: Please answer.

Questioningly, I showed the message to Xavier. He looked equally as confused as I did.

Faith: I don't even know who this is.

Unknown: It's Megan. I need your help. Come outside.

My eyebrows rose in surprise. I showed the phone to Xavier. He frowned.

"What does Megan want? That sounds a bit..." he trailed off and I nodded, knowing what he meant.

Faith: I don't trust you.

My phone rang again.

Turning it off, I put it back inside my pocket. Mere minutes later, the credits were rolling on the screen. Xavier and I remained in our seats while the few others that watched the movie, began to leave.

"I'm kind of nervous to leave," I confessed.

He let out a sigh. "Come on. Let's see what they want."

Chewing at my lip, I followed him. As we walked out, a fretting Megan was there, pacing. Her body was shaking.

"Finally!" she snapped, throwing her hands in the air.

"Excuse me?" I snapped back, planting my hands on my hips. "You interrupted our-"

"Chase is in trouble," she said in a rush. "Look, I know you both hate us. But we need to just ignore everything that has happened right now, because your brother needs you."

Xavier's face was unreadable as he stared at her.

"Where is he?"

"This way," she said, turning her back to us.

He reached out, gripping her arm.

"If this is some kind of trap that my step-father has set up, I'm going to kill you."

"It's not, I promise," she said, her eyes wide. "Come on!"

Not having a good feeling about this, I followed the pair as they began to run outside. We followed her around the corner and down the street. She stopped at an apartment, where you could hear some shouting and loud bangs.

She pointed. "He's in there."

"Is it a deal?" Xavier asked.

"What?"

"Is it a drug deal?" he asked her, his face dark.

She hung her head. "Yes."

"For fuck sake," he growled, pushing his hand through his hair. He turned and looked at me. "Stay here."

"I'm coming with you."

"No," he barked. "Stay."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he turned and jogged up the stairs.

"Thank God you guys were here," she said, her voice shaking. "I was just running, to find help when I saw your car."

"And you had the brilliant idea of pulling us into your mess." I scowled, folding my arms across my chest.

"I didn't know who else to turn to, okay?"

"That's what happen when you're a bitch. You have no friends."

She sneered at me and opened her mouth, just as I heard a scream and a loud crash. Without a moment of hesitation, I bolted up the stairs and pushed through the door. I froze, my heart jumping into my throat.

"Oh my God..."

------------------

Sorry, I'm evil.

I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

What do you think about Xavier planning the candlelight, romance for them?

And what do you think about Megan and Chase? What do you think has happened?

As always, please vote if you liked it and comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 19.4K 65
[+18]* NOW COMPLETE* Back Series Book 2 Dylan's been a good boy all his life but there's this insurgent flame that has been burning inside him and it...
41.9K 766 31
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
83 0 6
After experiencing the ultimate tragedy, Grace finds herself uprooted from her familiar surroundings and forced to move across the country to live wi...
110K 9.2K 59
Jessica has learned that the right choices are often the hardest ones to make. It takes a marriage proposal to know she's made the wrong one. But bef...