My Name is Three

By Smith1984

More

My name is Three
My name is Three (Chapter 2)
My name is Three (chapter 3)
My Name is Three (chapter four)
My Name is Three (chapter 5)
My Name is Three (chapter 6)
My Name is Three (chapter 7)
My Name is Three (chapter 8)
My Name is Three (chapter 9)
My Name is Three (chapter 10)
My Name is Three (chapter 11)
My Name is Three (Chapter 12)
My name is Three (Chapter Thirteen)
My Name is Three (chapter 14)
My Name is Three (chapter 15)
My Name is Three (Chapter Sixteen)
My Name is Three (chapter 17)
My Name is Three (chapter eighteen)
My Name is Three (Chapter Twenty)
My Name is Three (Chapter 21)

My Name is Three (Chapter nineteen)

1.5K 38 17
By Smith1984

NB: the following vocal recording (40265) was made in Cell 859 of Eden 28's Prison Complex F, and is the resumation of a series of 18 vocal recordings of a prisoner previously held in Cell 84 of Prison Complex B. The last of these recordings was made two weeks and five days prior to this date.

For further information, consult the appropriate Adminstrative body.

21:45pm

[click]

[pause 16.5s]

"Err... It's been a long time since..."

[pause 3.5s, voices]

"OK, right..."

[pause 11s]

"I've been moved to a different cell. I've no idea why, but that's what's happened. It's exactly the same as the other one, except I can't hear rain on the roof anymore. So... That probably means I'm deeper underground... than before."

[pause 15.5s]

"And... because it's been a few weeks - I've no idea how long exactly, because you can't tell day from night in here - because it's been a long time, it's really obvious... that I'm pregnant."

[pause 12s]

"It still sounds so strange."

[pause 21.5s]

"Over the last - however long it is -I've... been put through all kinds of tests and, and medical examinations. Every... well, I know for certain now that it's a girl. The baby. Maira."

[pause 9s]

"The doctors and Administrators... the ones that were examining me, I mean... they were the first people I'd seen in... I don't know how long."

[pause 47.5s]

"No-one's told me anything about what's going to happen, though, when it... when she's born. What's going to happen to her... or me."

[pause 23.5s]

"I wish I knew just a little. I wish that -"

[pause 12s, voices]

"... Fine, OK. That's one thing that hasn't changed, anyway."

[pause 3s]

"I... this is going to sound strange... I miss the other two. The two that were here before, recording me. I mean, I didn't like them, but... I was... used to them, I guess."

[pause 6.5s, voices]

"OK, right, fine, fine."

[pause 23.5s]

"... Well, I think I'd got up to.. to where Eight was telling me about Eden 28 being a target. Is that right?"

[pause 32s]

[pause 7.5s, voices]

"Alright, OK..."

[pause 17.5s]

"I..."

"The thing you have to understand is that... after that... there wasn't a lot that happened, at least not immediately."

[pause 33.5s]

"What I mean is... after that, it was a few weeks until... until what happened, happened. And it'd be difficult to describe what happened from day to day..."

[pause 17.5s, voices]

"OK... well... OK, I remember that I spent the rest of that day... just in that building. It felt weird at first, because none of them really talked to me very much. They kind of... except for Six, and obviously Eight, and Twelve and Two... they tended not to speak very much, at least to me."

[pause 12s, voices]

"What I did... I tended to just... help out. Sounds weird, doesn't it? But that's what I did. I helped in Six's... hospital, I suppose it was... most of all. I used to help make the people in the beds comfortable, and...."

[pause 16.5s]

"Even then, it all felt... wrong in some way. I mean... these were the people who, who killed my parents. Burned them to death. I kept telling myself that I wasn't meant to be helping them. I... thought about running away. I thought about that a lot."

[pause 20s]

"But the thing was... I wouldn't have been able to. Because... at the old factory, the one that had burned down, I'd been seen with them. So that meant that... if I did run away... I wouldn't have got far. The Manuductive... the Mapmen would have caught me... and even if I explained... it wouldn't have mattered."

[pause 45s]

"And... and I still thought that... there might have been... something more... to what they wanted. I mean as in.... an end to the Manuductive..."

[pause 11s]

"Can I stop for a while?"

[pause 1.5s, voices]

"...No?"

[pause 12.5s, voices]

"I - I... O-OK.."

[pause 18.5s]

"I... Anyway... I remember that... that Twelve... started to not cry so much... as she had after Zero had first died."

[pause 10.5s]

"But she never spoke much, except to Two. Two was actually the only one I saw her talking to... after Zero died."

[pause 13.5s]

"I wonder if Twelve was ever caught like the rest of them. And, I - I'll always wonder... if she ever said anything to Two that... hinted at... what she did... later on..."

[pause 5.5s]

"Anyway, why speculate? So... Two was the only one she really ever spoke to, and..."

[pause 17s]

"And Two, after that, he only really spoke to her, and to Eight. To Twelve, he was... I don't know... like a father, I suppose."

[pause 13.5s]

"I actually... I spent a lot of time with Eight. He never actually said much, but he... I'd see him, he'd usually just be by himself... and I'd just go and... stand with him. I don't know why that was. It's hard to explain."

[pause 18.5s]

"I... we used to talk. I think at first he was surprised... at that, but... he seemed to be happy, as well. Obviously it was

[laughter]

it was sometimes hard to tell when Eight was happy, but..."

[pause 43.5s]

"I remember one time... he was telling me about... when... about his life before he joined the D.E.M. This is one time I paticularly remember because it... well... It... he..."

[pause 19s]

"OK, start again: Eight told me about... when he... after... after what had happened, with his father and... and his sister... he was still in Dublin at this point, he was about twelve years old..."

[pause 11.5s]

"And... he was... alone for a long time. Even though he was so young.... but the thing is..."

[pause 15s]

"He ended up being... taken in by... by a group of people. Four people. He told me their names; they were, errm... Saphie,

Crow... that was obviously a nickname...

Theo... and Alice. They helped him. They were like him, they were against the Manuductive..."

[pause 13.5s]

"And it was them that taught Eight... about the world before the Manuductive. Obviously they were a lot older than him, so they'd experienced it... I mean, I myself, I would've known all of this because I studied pre-Manuductive history at college..."

[pause 23.5s]

"... But Eight hadn't had much education. I mean, he was obviously intelligent, God knows how high his I.Q would be if he'd ever taken an N.A.I.Q.T test... what?"

[pause 9s, voices]

"Oh... at the last test, mine was, err..."

[pause 3s]

"...Oh yeah, 132."

[pause 5.5s, voices]

"Yes, for all the good it's done me." [laughter]

[pause 17s]

"Anyway... so these four people... they'd been with Eight four about three years, when..."

[pause 34.5s]

"You can guess, can't you?"

[pause 7s]

"They were all killed."

[pause 9.5s]

"It was... that was when Eight left Dublin. Ireland. And after that... well, the rest is obvious. It was actually them who told him about the D.E.M. They were planning to join it... but, well, they died. So they're the reason he ended up with the D.E.M."

[pause 17s]

"I say all this because it was... it was the first time that... well, after Eight told me all this... he looked unhappy. I remember it was raining, and he just stared and stared out of the window.. and... I don't know quite why, but... I just... sort of brushed my fingers against his hand."

[pause 13.5s]

"I remember... he sort of jumped... and looked at me... he looked surprised, but..."

[pause 17s]

"I think he was about to say something... but just then... Six called out, from the next room, the hospital room. He needed my help with something. A group of D.E.M members... Numbers, they called themselves... had been out on a raid on a warehouse in the Industrial District, and some of them had been hurt when they'd ended up fighting with a group of M.C.P officers... and Six was working on them, so he needed some help."

[pause 11.5s]

"I went out. I didn't say anything to Eight, but... as I left, I turned around. He was just staring at me. I remember that... it was nighttime, so the light from the streetlamp was coming in through the window... and it was..."

[pause 13s]

"The light was coming in through the window, and it was shining through the raindrops that were running down it, so the.. the shadows of the raindrops were on the wall. And because of the way Eight's face was turned... the shadows were on him as well. And... I know that they were only the shadows, but... they looked more like tears."

[pause 4.5s, voices]

[click]

OK guys, hope u liked... I know that this isn't the most exciting story @ the mo, but there is something coming... you have heard the expression, "the calm before the storm", yes?

Oh and the characters Saphie, Crow, Theo and Alice are not just there to push the plot along... they will be making other appearances. Remember I said I'd be writing a prequel...? All the stories will be tied together, and those four characters are not exclusive to this one chapter....

Oh and one last thing; you're not gonna be waiting another two weeks for another chapter, cos I've almost done with two more. They will be up the day after this is posted. The only reason I've not uploaded them now is cos I have a ton of college work, and that has unfortunately had to take precedence over my stories... :-(

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.9K 32
Guys, come back for the 8th one :)
531K 23.6K 73
Let the poets cry themselves to sleep © JONNYBERNTHAI / LAIKEN
30 1 4
Thirteen