My Roommate | Jungkook

By guccifantaesy

Jung Eunji is the kind of girl who cares about her studies and always scores excellent grades in every subjec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
about this book
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
The Fiction Awards 2017
Important Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Not An Update
MAMA Awards 2017
Chapter Twenty Eight
Rest in Peace, Jonghyun
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four : {100K special}
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five : {200K special}
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Epilogue
โœจ THANK YOU & ANNOUNCEMENTSโœจ
Jungkook's story
Important
new books
Q & A
1 MILLION READS!!
about why i added it in
read this important note.
i need your help
a topic that needs to be addressed.
editing this book?

Chapter Eight

94.8K 2.7K 3.2K
By guccifantaesy

(A/N: warning -- This chapter is going be a little upsetting, uncomfortable and a little disturbing. If you think you can't take it, you are more than welcome to skip this chapter)

However halfway towards this chapter, the tension will reduce a bit.

--------

Eunji's POV
Sunday, 9:45am...

I'm currently downstairs cleaning. That's right cleaning. Even though I'm not fully recovered...Dad left me behind to clean the entire house. He probably won't come home until evening time or maybe in the middle of the night.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing from inside my pocket. My aunty's caller ID appears on the screen. I answer the phone and talk to my aunty. "Hello aunty."

"Hello sweetheart, I'm arriving in an hour." She replies.

Oh yeah. Crap.

"Oh okay. That's fine." I speak after 5 seconds of silence.

"Okay then bye sweetie." And with that she hangs up.

I slide the phone back into my pocket then I finish cleaning. I limp all the way to the basement door and get the vacuum out now, I find a plug point to plug the machine in. Once I've plugged it in, I start the vacuum and clean everywhere.

Jungkook's POV
10:00am

"Jungkook you're going back to college tomorrow, aren't you?" Mum asks.

I roll my eyes and continue to eat my food, ignoring her.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asks in a serious tone.

I stop eating and look at Mum. "Because number 1, you were clearly stating the obvious and number 2, why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to?" I reply coldly.

Her hand bangs the table causing me to flinch and I look away with an annoyed face.

"Right young man! You-" Mum shouts but gets cut off by Dad.

"I'll handle this." Dad says calmly.

I scoff still looking away, "Here we go."

"Son, don't speak to your mother that way. She does a lot for you." Dad speaks softly.

I look down at my food and tapping my foot on the ground, wondering when he's going to stop.

"You're lucky you even have a mother like her. Think about the people in the world who don't even have mothers." He adds.

My gaze shifts towards Dad and I give him a cold reply. "You done? Good."

And with that I stand up and make my way to the sink to put my dish away. Then I walk back into the living room.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing and I spot my phone on top of the TV. I walk up to it and see V hyung's caller ID appear on the screen.

I answer the phone and bring it close to my ear.

Jungkook: Hey hyung!

Taehyung: Hey Kookie! How are you?

I let out a sigh and reply with a lie:

Jungkook: I'm perfectly fine. What about you?

Taehyung: I'm great actually. Kookie listen, do you want to go out with us? We're going to the arcade and then do whatever we want after that.

Jungkook: Yeah I'd love to!

Taehyung: Okay cool. We'll meet you at the local park. Once you're ready, go straight there.

Jungkook: Okay hyung. Bye!

Taehyung: Bye Kookie.

And with that we both hang up.

"Son, where are you going?" A voice makes startles me. I turn around only to see my Dad standing beside me.

"I'm just going out to see my friends. Why? Have you got a problem with that?" I answer coldly.

"No that's fine. You can go. I was just asking so your mother and I know your whereabouts." Dad replies calmly.

I roll my eyes and run upstairs to get ready.

Eunji's POV
10:45am

"So Eunji how are you? I haven't seen you in ages." Aunty speaks happily.

"Well...I've been busy with homework and exams. You know I am. I'm always..studying...24/7." I reply hesitantly.

"I wanted to pop down in the holidays but what to do? The kids were a bloody nightmare." She answers with annoyance filling her tone.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Why didn't you bring them with you today? I would love to see them." I ask.

"The thing is your uncle is taking them to the fair so they got over excited, so I took this opportunity to pop down and see you." She replies.

I smile and nod.

After 5 seconds, I hear a huge gasp coming from my aunty. I see her gaze is towards my face.

"Darling, why is your face bruised?" She asks in horror.

"I...um.." I try to reply but no words slip out.

"Your dad did this didn't he? Again!" She raises her voice.

Yes that's right, she knows.

She knows that Dad abuses me physically at home, but Dad doesn't know that she knows. I kept it quiet just so that I don't receive another punishment from him.

"He's crossed his limits! Wait until he comes home. I'll sort him out here." Aunty shouts.

"No aunty please! He doesn't know that you know! It will be a huge mess!" I reply quickly.

"Why are you coping with this on your own? Why is it you that has to go through it? You don't deserve this! At all!" She asks.

"I don't know..." I reply with my head hung low.

I do know. I just don't have the courage to tell her. All the bravery and courage inside me has vanished. I'm not the courageous Eunji that my family and friends know and love. Dad's beatings have changed me, completely. I have to bear it.

I used to be the girl that raised my voice against bullying, rape and many things related to them. However since the day Dad first started beating me up, torturing me and abusing me, that's when I changed completely. I had no strength in me to fight back. If I did try to fight back, I'd get double the pain.

Aunty sighs and rubs her temple. "You know what? You work 24/7 and you even cleaned the whole house today. You rest today. Plus you have college tomorrow, so you need all that energy for your studies and education."

"No it's fine. I'll do it." I reply.

"No sweetheart. You rest. It's your relax day today." She answers and with that she smiles.

I smile and nod. "Thank you."

She smiles and makes her way to the kitchen.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" She shouts from the kitchen.

"Yeah! At 8 o'clock." I shout back.

I get my phone from out of my pocket and check my text messages. A lot of messages pop up from the group with the girls and I. Wendy created that group.

Group: Certified Girls❤️️

Wendy: I can't wait to go back to college tomorrow! 🙌

Hanna: Yeah I know right!

Hyeri: Hanna we all know why you're excited😏

Hanna: What are you talking about?

Minah: Park Jimin!😂😂😂

Hanna: Ugh! Girls really!😩

Jaeyoung: 👏😂😂

Yoona: Girls. Stop being mean to Hanna. Honestly...

Hyeri: Says the girl who's got a massive crush on Jin!😃

Wendy: 😂😂😂😂

Me: Girls! Why are we talking about the boys??😞

Minah: 😱she speaks!

Hyeri: She's alive! I thought you were dead!

Me: Very funny😒

Minah: Just joking 😂

I laugh and shake my head. The girls have really brightened up my mood. We all start talking on the group, having friendly banter.

Jungkook's POV
11:00am

I arrive at the park and I'm standing near a bench waiting for my hyungs.

Suddenly I feel an arm around my shoulder which makes me stumble forward. Then my face brightens up when I see my hyungs.

"Kookie!" Jimin hyung shouts.

"Come on. Let's go to the cinema!" Namjoon hyung announces.

"Again?" J-Hope hyung groans.

"I thought we were going to the arcade?!" Yoongi hyung groans as well.

"Hey! Let's go and see a horror movie this time." Namjoon hyung replies.

"Er? Hello?" Jin hyung waves his hand in Namjoon hyung's face.

"What?" Namjoon hyung asks.

"We've got Kookie here with us?" Jin hyung replies.

I groan. "That's not fair! I want to see it!"

"Come on hyung let him." V hyung speaks.

Jin hyung sighs and nods. "Okay but if you get a nightmare tonight, don't come crying to me."

The hyungs and I cheer.

We all run to Jin hyung's car and we make our way to the cinema.

-----------------

12:30pm

We've finally arrived at the cinema. Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung are paying for the tickets.

Me, V hyung and Jimin hyung are running around the cinema hall. I see a photo stand of Iron Man. I start jumping in joy and I call V hyung over.

"V hyung! Come here!" I shout.

I catch his attention and he runs over to me. "Yeah Kookie what's up?"

I get my phone out of my pocket and give it to him. "Can you please take a picture of me with Iron Man?" I ask then I start grinning.

V hyung chuckles and shakes his head. "Your love for Iron Man will never go."

I know right.

I stand next to Iron Man's right side. I lean next to Iron Man, smiling and holding up a peace sign. V hyung laughs and captures the photo.

Jimin hyung runs up to us. "Hey Taehyung, I'll take a photo of you and Jungkook with Iron Man."

V hyung nods and hands my phone to Jimin hyung.

V hyung stands on the left side next to Iron Man and we both do the same pose. We smile and hold up a peace sign. Then we do another pose where we pretend to use our hands as blasters.

Jimin hyung laughs too much and captures every single photo. Then next thing you know, the rest of the hyungs come, including Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung, they start laughing as well as joining us.

"Shall we go and watch the movie then?" J-Hope hyung asks.

We all nod excitedly and make our way to the movie showing.

Eunji's POV
2:45pm

Suddenly my Aunty walks in with a bowl of ramen. I look up at her with a huge smile on my face.

"I know it's your favourite so I prepared it for you." My Aunty speaks.

"Thank you so much Aunty!" I shriek happily.

I happily take the bowl from her and I start eating away. She chuckles and ruffles my hair. "Such a good girl." She mumbles and walks back to the kitchen.

When I finish my bowl of ramen I search for the remote around me then I find the remote on the other sofa.

"Aunty!" I shout to her.

Aunty runs into the room. "What's wrong?"

"Can you pass me the remote on the other sofa please?" I ask.

She smiles and then lets out a laugh.

She walks up to the other sofa, picks up the remote and hands it to me. Then she turns the button on from the TV and then leaves me to it.

I start flicking through channels and I start squealing when I see my favourite kdrama on.

So I sit down and relax whilst having a kdrama marathon all day.

Jungkook's POV
4:30pm

"Whoa. That was the most scariest horror movie ever.." Jin hyung speaks.

"And that movie was pretty long for a horror movie." Namjoon hyung states.

"When a freakiest horror scene was on, J-Hope had to scream really loud like a girl!" Yoongi hyung speaks in an annoyed tone.

"Actually I found it really funny." Jimin hyung replies whilst laughing.

"Oh my god Jimin hyung! You couldn't stop laughing. We tried so hard to calm you down but it was no use." V hyung speaks.

I laugh very hard after hearing it from V hyung.

"Guys it's not funny! It wasn't my fault that the ghost jumped out of nowhere showing her ugly and scary looking appearance." J-Hope hyung whines.

"Oh yeah Namjoon! You promised that you'd take all of us to the arcade and you should never break that promise." Yoongi hyung speaks.

"Oh yeah! Come on let's go!" Namjoon hyung shouts.

We all run to make our way to the arcade.

Me, V hyung, Jimin hyung, J-Hope hyung and Yoongi hyung are the only ones who are hyper whenever we go to the arcade. Jin hyung only wants to go because of Mario and Namjoon hyung....well....he loves his racing games.

We all arrive at the arcade and we all run in to try the games. I let out a sigh of relief. I love going out with my hyungs, it makes me forget about all my problems at home -- especially the ones about my Dad. I can do whatever I please whilst I'm out of the house and I can finally breathe.

Eunji's POV
8:45pm

I just finished 4 kdramas and each of them run for an hour. I'm on my 5th one and it's already amazing. I'm on episode 5.

My Aunty walks into the room with her coat in her hand and her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Oh Aunty? Are you going already?" I ask.

"Yeah I have to. Your uncle's worried and the kids haven't had their dinner yet." Aunty replies.

"Aww bless them. Give them my love please." I answer.

She smiles at me and says, "I will."

She kisses my forehead and makes her way out of the house.

15 mins later...

Instantly, I can hear banging coming from the front door. I sigh and shake my head. It's Dad.

I limp my way to the front door and open it to see who it is. I was right. It is Dad. He has lipstick all over his face as he's holding an alcohol bottle in his hand. His shirt buttons are missing and half his chest is revealing.

"HEY!" He shouts. I flinch and look at him.

He smirks evilly and says, "Get inside the bloody house!"

I nod quickly and he walks inside the house so I close the door. I'm limping behind him to go into the living room.

"Oh you were watching kdramas, huh? You've been enjoying yourself?" Dad scolds.

My gaze is at the floor and I avoid eye contact with him.

"You know what, get out of my sight before I do some worse damage to you!" Dad shouts whilst rubbing his temple.

I nod quickly and limp my way upstairs to my bedroom.

I decide to have an early night, as I have college tomorrow and it's going to be my second week.

Once I enter my bedroom, I go directly to my bedside lamp and turn it on then I limp straight towards the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth.

I open the door to the bathroom and stepping out. I close the door behind me and search for the towel. I spot the towel on my bed so I limp to my way towards the bed. I grab the towel and dry my face.

Once I finish drying my face, I fold it up, open my cupboard and place it inside. I grab my night clothes and throw them onto the bed. I close the cupboard and strip out of my day time ones. I slide my hand inside my back pocket trousers and take my phone out and place it on my bedside table.

I slowly put my night clothes on carefully, trying not to touch ANY of my bruises.

I turn my bedside lamp off, open up the blanket on my bed and I slowly enter my bed. I lie down on my back but I wince in pain as I applied too much pressure on my leg.

I get my phone from my bedside table and set my alarm for 7:00am. Just so I can pack my school things and my clothes and many more.

I slide my phone under my pillow and I lie down carefully under the covers, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

Jungkook's POV
10:00pm

I came home 2 hours ago and now I'm in the living room, watching TV.

Suddenly my phone starts beeping. A message notification pops up with Jin hyung's name on the screen. I unlock my phone and read the message.

Jin Hyung: Kookie, we've got college tomorrow so I hope you've packed everything, including your college resources we bought yesterday.

My eyes widen. Oh crap! I didn't sort it out.

Me: Er😅thanks for reminding me hyung...you're the best!!😄😄

I smile after I send him the message. I only sent the message like that just so I don't receive another scolding from him and that I can try to calm the situation in my way.

5 seconds later, Jin hyung's notification  pops up and he replies:

Jin Hyung: Aish...honestly Kookie I don't know what to do with you...😞

I laugh silently to myself.

Then Mum summons me in the kitchen. I roll my eyes, insert my phone in my pocket and I walk to the kitchen.

Mum and Dad are in the kitchen with serious looks on their faces. I lean against the kitchen counter with my arms folded and my gaze is on the floor.

"Jungkook. Your Dad is going back tomorrow morning at 6." Mum speaks calmly.

I look up at Mum and shrug my shoulders. "And?"

Then Dad speaks up. "Well the point of me staying here, was so that I could have some 'father and son' time, together. However it didn't work out. So like I said to you yesterday, I'm leaving at 6 tomorrow morning."

I scoff and shake my head. "You know what? I don't even want to discuss this! I'm going off to bed, I'm tired as it is."

"We're not even finished!" Mum shouts.

"So?" I answer back, coldly.

"Dear, just let him go to sleep. He's got college tomorrow anyway." Dad speaks and calms Mum down.

I lean my back off the counter. "Night Mum. Bye Dad."

And with that I run upstairs into my bedroom. I search for the plastic bag with my college resources in and just my luck I find it on top of my desk. I pick it up and place it on my bed. I get my bag from under my bed and pack my clothes, my college resources, my shoes, my toothbrush, toothpaste, a towel and many more.

Once I finish packing, I zip my bag up and put it next to my bed. I rush to the bathroom, I wash my face and brush my teeth. I dry my face off with the bathroom towel and walk back into my room.

I get out of my day time clothes and get changed into my white t-shirt and shorts. I close my curtains and jump into bed. I pull the covers over myself. I pick my phone up from the bedside table and set my alarm for 8:00am. That's IF I can wake up.

I slide into the covers and lie down on my right and let sleep take over me...

__________________________

PHEWWWW FINALLY!!! THE COLLEGE CHAPTERS ARE COMING!!! WOOHOO👏🙌

Basically I'm so excited to update the college chapters because a lot of things will happen! Something unexpected will come up in the next chapter! Well it's not going to be THAT surprising but oh well. Anyway lots of things will happen in the next chapter such as, a lot of tensions, blood sweat and tears (<< get it😄no? Oh well😶), more upsetting scenes, comedy and many more! You name it!

YAAASSSS!!!!

Have you readers noticed that I changed the book cover? I prefer this one than the last one😄😂

Btw what did you think of the chapters so far?

Which chapter was your favourite?

Do you like Eunji's character or Jungkook's?

Jin's character is displayed as one of those friends who reminds his best friends every day about what they need and don't need for college, reminding them about homework and all that. Well tbh I'm that kind of friend. I'm always reminding my friends 24/7 😂😂 except the scolding part, I don't do that😂👏

I've watched Hwarang and I like it! My baby Taehyung is amazing! 😩😩 such a cutie. Pls love and support Hwarang!

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter. This isn't one of my best ones but...

Merry Christmas ARMY, also my lovely readers!!🎉🎉

Saranghae ❤️️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 13.2K 44
New college, new friends, and a new life. What a great way to start fresh. Getting to have a relaxing time all by myself. At least that what I though...
2.9K 277 11
Park Jimin is a struggling college student with way more problems then exams and homework. Jeon Jungkook couldn't be more privileged and has no idea...
277K 14K 31
The landlord looks at the both of us, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry but this is the last apartment here left. Why can't you just split cost and b...
3.1M 130K 55
"That Jeon guy, he's so commanding." You complain. In which you move in with a hard-headed college student, Jeon Jungkook, and have to suffer until y...