The Struggles of a Single Fat...

By Diallina

Where are you going? I'm leaving... Why? Because I can't take being cooped up in one place What about our son... More

Getting a New Addition
In With The New
Abandonment
Can't I just Give Up
Help is Needed
Evan's Sickness
Allowing Help
Taking things Slow
Even Adults Need Shots
Donations
On Your Tummy
Now say Dada
Jobless
One
New Job
Actions Speak Louder
Terrible Twos
Haunting Nightmare
Aunt Sheila
Never Speak to Me
Enjoying Life
Victory
Always Smile Daddy
Nightmares
Its Just Enough
Sudden Changes
No
To Court
Hearing the Truth
Inner Battles
So this is the End

Nothing stays the same

2.1K 120 25
By Diallina

Chapter 3 Nothing stays the same

Jonathan went to work the next day. He worked for a construction company who let him have time off to be with Gina. He put on his work clothes; which consisted of plain light blue jeans, a white shirt, and work boots. He put on his yellow hard hat and he kissed Gina's cheek just before he left. Luke picked him up and they drove to the construction site.

Jonathan didn't come home until 6 at night. Jonathan loved working the long shifts. The more he worked the more he could provide for his growing family. Gina would have dinner ready for him by the time he came home. When he came home he would greet her and place a kiss on her head. This would be their routine for the next couple of days.

But Jonathan noticed something about Gina every time he would leave and come home. She would get more defensive about the things she did. She would get moodier than usual. He thought that her mood changes would have stopped after she gave birth but they only have increased since then. Every time he tried to get her to talk about it; it was a night on the couch.

Jonathan then noticed that Gina slowly started to distant herself. She would shy away from kisses and she would try and dodge the hugs. Jonathan was slowly watch the life from her eyes drain away into hard cold stares. But Jonathan didn't really care, as long as she would stay with him it's all that really mattered.

Gina one day went to the doctors as she noticed how distant she felt with Jonathan. She had these strange feelings about herself. She felt trapped; held down by the responsibility of taking care of her own son and guilt. She knew it wasn't normal. She waited patiently in the doctors office with Evan in her hands.

"Mrs. Dennis what brings you here," Doctor Cartmen asked as he checked her vitals.

"I don't know I feel like there's something wrong with me," Gina said as he nod her head.

"Is it physically wrong with you or mentally," Cartmen asked.

"I guess mentally. I feel like I'm being trapped, dragged down into a hole that I can't escape," Gina said as Cartmen finished taking her vitals.

"I can't say this for myself since I'm not in the medical field but I think you might have a type of depression called Postpartum depression," Cartmen said shocking Gina.

"I suggest going to this Psychiatrist and maybe they can give you a deeper explanation. They allow walk ins because they don't want anything bad happen to people," Cartmen said handing her a card.

"Alright thank you Doctor Cartmen," Gina said as she walked out with Evan.

"So what did he say," Michelle asked as they both walked out of the doctor's office.

"Would you mind taking me somewhere else," Gina asked as Michelle unlocked the car.

"Yeah sure where," Michelle asked and Gina gave her the card.

"Oh yeah I also go to Doctor Peterson whenever I have problems," Michelle said and Gina looked at her weirdly.

"What do you talk about," Gina asked her.

"Why are so many people rude to me when I'm so pretty," Michelle said and Gina just wanted to face palm herself.

"Yeah I wonder why," Gina said sarcastically as she buckled in Evan.

"Exactly it's so strange," Michelle said as Gina she entered the car herself.

"Let's just go," Gina said and Michelle drove from the doctor's office.

It wasn't long until they reached the new place. Gina looked at the sign that was at the front of the entrance.

Mental Health Facility.

Gina didn't think she had a mental health problem. Sure she felt different from before but that couldn't mean anything. She got out of the car and then went to take Evan out. She walked towards the entrance with Michelle walking beside her talking about how pretty she was.

"Hello do you have an appointment," the informant said at the front as they walked in.

"No but Doctor Cartmen said you guys allowed walk ins," Gina said and she nodded her head.

"Yes we do, sign here and fill these out," the informant said as she handed her some papers and a click board.

Gina signed her name and then went to go sit down to fill out the papers. Once she finished filling out everything she walked back to the informant and gave her the papers.

"Alright once we checked these out we will call you when Doctor Peterson is ready to see you," she said and Gina nodded her head.

Gina then sat back next to Michelle and they started to gossip about what was going on in the world. They had to wait for 15 minutes before they called Gina's name.

"Don't worry I'll take care of baby Evan," Michelle said taking the baby carrier from Gina.

"I guess that's fine," Gina said reluctantly letting go of the carrier.

Gina then followed the nurse inside and they were lead down a corridor. They stopped at the fourth room and the nurse instructed her to go inside. She went inside the room and there sat Doctor Peterson at his desk.

"Mrs. Dennis, you came her from Doctor Cartmen's office on the account that you might have Postpartum depression," Doctor Peterson asked.

"Yeah I did," Gina replied making him nod his head.

"Alright I'm going to ask you some questions and try to answer them the best way as possible alright," Doctor Peterson said.

"I'll do my best," Gina said hesitantly.

"In your files it says you recently gave birth am I correct," Doctor Peterson said.

"Yeah I did," Gina replied.

"Alright and since you've given birth have you had a recent change in moods," Doctor Peterson then asked.

"Yeah that's been happening a lot lately, which involves my husband couch sleeping," she said sheepishly and he nods his head.

"Have you had a hard time sleeping," he then asked.

"Just when I'm sleeping alone," she then answered.

"Alright have you had any appetite changes or felt fatigue," he asked.

"Not really," she answered truthfully.

"Alright last thing have you had a decreased in libido," he asked.

"Sorry but what does libido mean," Gina asked making him laugh.

"It's quite alright it just means sexual desire," he answered.

"Yeah whenever Jonathan tries to get close to me I just push him away from me," Gina answered.

"Based on what you answered you may actually have Postpartum depression," Doctor Peterson said.

"Doctor Cartmen said that might have been a possibility but I don't know what it is," Gina said.

"Postpartum depression (PPD) is a complex mix of physical, emotional, and behavioral changes that happen in a woman after giving birth. But I wouldn't worry you most likely have the Baby Blues," Doctor Peterson said.

"And what are the baby blues," Gina asked feeling more confused then ever.

"The baby blues, which occur in most women in the days right after childbirth, are considered normal. A new mother may have sudden mood swings, such as feeling very happy and then feeling very sad. She may cry for no reason and can feel impatient, irritable, restless, anxious, lonely, and sad. The baby blues may last only a few hours or as long as one to two weeks after delivery," Doctor Peterson explained.

"So it might not be something to worry about," Gina said.

"Well if it gets worse or you get sudden feelings of depression and or suicide please contact us and we'll set up a program to help," Doctor Peterson said.

"Alright thank you Doctor Peterson," Gina said shaking his hand.

"No problem glad that we could be an assistance," Doctor Peterson said and Gina left the room.

She then went to the informant desk and paid her the fine that was asked whenever somebody visits. She then walked to Michelle who was idly on her phone.

"How was he," Gina asked as she took hold of the baby carrier.

"Oh like an angel barely even made a noise," Michelle said as she put away her phone.

"What did the doctor say," Michelle asked as they walked out of the building.

"He think I might have the baby blues," Gina said as they reached the car.

"Oooh my cousin had that, it ended in disaster," Michelle said as she unlocked the car.

"What do you mean," Gina asked concern filling her voice.

"I mean she went crazy. She almost killed her own child," Michelle said as Gina buckled Evan in.

"Oh my god," Gina said shocked.

"But it's fine now she's at a hospital getting treated. She said that she actually needed a break from her baby and husband. She said it was just too much responsibility," Michelle said as they got in the car.

"So you want me to take a break," Gina said.

"Yeah definitely Jonathon is perfectly capable of handling himself and we could do all the things we couldn't do when you were pregnant," Michelle said as she pulled out of the driveway.

"I'll think about it," Gina said making Michelle smile.

"Do I really need a break," Gina thought as the car was driving off towards her home.

And with that I update the Struggles of a single father. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just forgot? XD

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 640 25
Sperm bank.....Artificial Insemination.....a life without a partner...living a simple life with her kid and later on adopting a dog...baking cakes an...
19.2K 926 16
This is an H2ODelirious x VanossGaming fan fiction! It will be told by Evan's P.O.V. throughout the whole story. I have no intention to offend anyo...
7.6K 391 25
Suddenly I turned around. And I shouted loudly. Mr. Devil is standing there staring at me and narrowing his eyebrows. What the hell he is doing. I'...
244K 6.9K 50
[completed] [in the middle of editing] Monica has been an orphan since birth. Her mother got pregnant in high school, and as soon as her Monica's 'da...