Distractions [completed]

By Tatumn_B

This book hasn't been edited since I completed it. Alexa Harper is your basic girl, or at least she appears t... More

Part 1: "Damn... She's beating your ass"
Part 2: "Guess Who?"
Part 3: "Get on the counter, asshole."
Part 4: "I hate you."
Part 5: "Did we seriously come here to feed ducks?"
Part 6: "Guys this is Jay!"
Part 7: "Don't wait up, asshole."
Part 8 : "Shut up and hit me with a crusty burrito... Are you serious?"
Part 9: "S-something happened."
Part 10: "I don't know what to do."
Part 11: "Let it all out,"
Part 12: "I'm most likely going to cry myself to sleep."
Part 13: "Yoga. Hmm, what type of yoga?"
Part 14 : "She's such a bitch!"
Part 15 : "Yeah, I could totally take you."
Part 16 : "You two cannot be serious."
Part 17 : "This isn't exciting, you twat!"
Part 18 : "Do you have feelings for me?"
Part 19 : "I'll try."
Part 21 : "I'm glad I can finally do this whenever I want."
Part 22 : "There goes Alexa for you."
Part 23 : "You're the best shoe tier I've ever had."
Part 24 : "Are you crazy!?"
Part 25 : "My sister everybody."
Author's Note :)
Part 26 : "Now let's get our asses out there."
Part 27 : "We'll talk about it after school tomorrow."
Part 28 : "I-I love you."
Determination/Sequel ;)

Part 20 : "What the fuck is your problem?!"

19 1 0
By Tatumn_B

*-* Back to Alexa's POV *-*

Right after it happened, I left and immediately regretted it. I still do. I'm not surprised I did that, you know me, always ruining everything. I'm screwed. What if Sabrina finds out, she'll hate me, not that I care but I made a promise to her and it broke when he kissed me. It broke even more when I kissed him back and enjoyed the entire thing way too much.

"Rae get your ass over here." I tell her once she answers the phone then hang up.

I've been sitting in my room for the past two hours. Soph and Miles have tried to talk to me, but I just kept quiet and sat here. For once I actually feel like a hoe, did I mention that I've been insulting myself and wallowing in self pity? No? Well, that's what I've been doing.

I get out my phone and call Pizza Hut to order a large cheese pizza, garlic cheesy bread sticks, garlic knots, and the cookie pie thingy before calling Soph.

"I just ordered food, all for me and Rae, I'm gonna slide the money for it under the door so you can pay for it then bring it up to me, okay?" I tell her.

"Are you o-" She starts but I interrupt.

"Thanks you're the best." I tell her enthusiastically then hang the phone. God, Sisters right.

I decide to text Rae while waiting on her to get here.

A- Hey can you pick up a large coke please?
A- Also can you wait downstairs until our food gets here, then bring it up to my room? Thanks, your the bestest friend ever.

R- Uh, sure.

She replies quickly and now we wait. I walk over to my closet to pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I end up choosing a pair of loose, high waisted boyfriend jeans with rips throughout both of the legs and a pair of black ankle booties with a chunky heal. For my shirt I pick out a plaid shirt that buttons up to the collar bone and a brown cardigan with fringe at the bottom of it. I think it'll be pretty cute.

While waiting I check my phone and see like ten missed calls from Kesten and a few texts. I send him a quick text letting him know I'm fine.

A- I'm fine Kesten, I freaked out and ran sorry. I need space so I'll talk to you when I talk to you.

He doesn't respond, I kinda hoped he would've, but then again I said I needed space so I'm not surprised.

Someone knocks on my door and I actually answer it for once today. When I open the door I rolls my eyes "Yes?"

"What is wrong with you today? At least answer the question and I'll leave you alone." Soph asks and tells me.

I look down and fiddle with my hands. "I'm stupid and ashamed" I look up at her with sad eyes and she hugs me.

"You have to talk to me about it, you know that right?" She whispers in my ear

"Yeah." I loosen my hold on her and we're no longer hugging. She smiles at me before walking back downstairs and I hear Rae say hey to her. I stand where I am to wait for my best friend.

When I see her, she's struggling with carrying everything. I laugh then go to help her, I take the pizza's off her hands.

"Thanks," She laughs "I got the coke!"

"Please don't shake the coke." Her smile turns into a frown, but she quickly smiles again.

"All this food looks so good." Rae moans and I laugh. She laughs with me then her face suddenly turns serious.

"What happened?"

"Kesten kissed me." I tell her and smile at the memory.

"That's great! I've been waiting for this to happen ever since Sabrina made you promise her nothing was going on between you two!" She exclaims and my smile vanishes "What?"

"I pushed him away then ran... I ran to Jeremy's house and," I begin, looking down.

"And?" I hear her ask and the tone in her voice scares me. When I look up she's standing in front of me, me still sitting on my bed.

"We had sex."

"Why the fuck would you do that Alexa?!" She yells at me and I flinch slightly.

"Look, don't fucking yell at me! I am completely and utterly ashamed of myself and I don't need my best friend yelling at me because trust me, I most likely know everything you are gonna call me. I screw everything up and that point is proven because of the guy I like kissing me and me sleeping with another guy right after tha-"

"Did you hear what you just said?" She interrupts.

"What? That I'm a screw up?"

"No after that."

"Me sleeping with another guy?" I say confused.

"No. You literally just said you liked Kesten." She tells me with a smirk.

"What? No I didn't. When?" I shake my head.

"Uh, yeah, you did." She laughs.

"You are so bipolar." I fall back against my bed and sigh.

"I know." She laughs again and sits Indian style on the floor in front of my bed.

I turn on my side to face her. "I need some advice."

"All I can tell you is he definitely likes you, I'm pretty sure he likes you enough to get over the fact that you slept with a guy he really doesn't like. You just have to talk to him and apologize and then you two can talk out your feelings for one another, make up, and start dating."

"Rae, bad things are always happening to me especially when I get close to people. I don't want that to happen again."I sigh

She grabs my hand "Give it a chance Alexa, don't think about what will happen in the future until it comes. Think about the present, he makes you happy right?"

"Yeah." I smile.

"That's all that matters right now, plus if he hurts you, he's gonna wish he never met me or you."

"I love you, you know that right?" I hug her.

"How could you not love me?"

"I don't know." We pull away and look at each other with a similar look.

I smirk "Thinking what I'm thinking?"

"You know it." She laughs. "You go get the Notebook and the snacks, and I'll build the pallet of blankets on the floor."

I laugh "That's funny... You go get the movie and snacks and I'll build pallet on the floor."

"No," She laughs and just stares me dead in the eye.

"Come one Rae! I'm the one in mental pain right now." I groan and pout.

She rolls her eyes then walks past me, giving in.

Half an hour later we are still eating pizza and watching '10 Things I Hate About You'.

"Gosh... They're so damn cute." I say when they kiss at the end.

When the credits start to roll Rae mutes the movie and moves to sit in front of me with her legs crossed.

"Graduation is in two months." She tells me.

"Really?" My eyes go wide and she nods her head. "Damn."

"Have you even decided or thought about what you want to do when you graduate?" She asks.

"I've had ideas." I tell her thinking back to when Soph was talking to me and Miles about our parents.

"I think I want to stay here to go to college, then move."

"Where to?"

"Somewhere not to far... I need to be able to drive here easily to see my mom and sister."

"I feel you." I grin "Can't I figure out my future later?"

"We're getting out of hell also known as high school in two months, you need to think about it within the next month." She smiles.

"I will. What time is it?"

"Eight thirty." She laughs. "I think I'm gonna actually head home."

"Okay."

"Look you just have to talk to both the dudes tomorrow at school." She tells me gathering her stuff together and walking towards my door.

"Ugh..." I groan and stand from the floor to walk with her.

Downstairs Kira and Miles and are watching TV, but their attention goes to me when I get down there. I hear Soph's voice so I figure she's talking on the phone in the kitchen.

"You didn't really give me advice, but you made me feel better so thank you." I laugh then smile.

"Yeah," She laughs "I'm not the best at that, but I am good at being here when you need me."

"Same. Don't ever think that just because things are going on with me that you can't talk to me about whats going with you."

"I love you Alexa Harper." She engulfs me in a tight hug and I laugh.

"I love you too Raelynn Wilson." I hug her back just as tight.

We hug for a few minutes just standing there. I hear Kira whisper to herself 'best friend goals'. Rae and I both hear her and laugh before pulling away.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." I laugh.

When I begin to close the door she winks at me "Damn straight... Even if you didn't want to, you'd still have to."

We both laugh "Go home." I close the door.

"You okay Alexa?" I turn to Miles who muted the TV.

"Once I sort all this crap out at school, I will be." I smile, and walk over to the cute couple sitting on the couch. "What are we watching?" I fall in the middle of them and smirk.

I see Miles roll his eyes and Kira smiles at him.

"Don't worry little dude, In a few months I'll be gone and you can spend all the time in the world with your young love loving selves. Speaking of love... have y'all said that too each other yet?" I ask.

I wait for an answer and hear nothing, when I look at the two they're both staring dead at the TV. Blushing.

"Well I have school tomorrow and so do you so don't stay up too late," I tell them then get up from the couch, neither of them move from where they're sitting "I'm going to sleep."

Talk about awkward. I laugh to myself. I skip towards the kitchen and poke my head through the archway "Night Soph."

"Good Night Alexa." She tells me looking up from the papers she was working on. I go to turn away and hear Soph say "You know you can talk to me, right?"

I sigh and walk over to her and sit on the stool in front of her. What's the harm in telling her, she's my sister and I might as well tell her before it gets a) better, or b) worse.

The rest of my night was uneventful except for my sister calling me a stupid idiot and kinda telling me it wasn't a big deal and I could find another guy. That was weird. But I told her everything then I went up to my room and went to sleep.

***

My morning wasn't bad and I'm taking it. Rae ended up picking me up for school. God, I hope she knows I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. Free rides, pep talks, support, and laughs. Who wouldn't want that?

Like I said chill so far, praying for the rest of the day to stay this way.

Rae was pulling into the school and my heart started to do this weird racing thing. She parked on the second row because for some reason there was a free space, that was weird because normally that doesn't happen. Maybe one my idiot prison mates skipped school.

"Alexa!?" Rae snaps her fingers in front of my face.

I swatted her finger out of my face and scrunched it up. "What?"

"Hell awaits..." She laughs and looks over to me and stops.

"What?"

"You look so nervous and kinda scared. Oh my gosh, you must really like him." She laughs.

"What? No I don't." I roll my eyes.

"It's okay to have feelings Alexa, not everything will turn out to get you in the end.I mean look at us." She looks outside her window, most likely remembering memories.

"That's not the same thing... We met in the third grade, that was before everything became all screwed up."

"Look at me, A" I turn to look at her. "Everything will be fine, you'll talk it out and apologize for sleeping with Jeremy after y'all kissed then he'll forgive you. Everything will end up fine. Now take a few deep breaths from your nose and out the mouth." I do as she says about four or five times.

"Now come on we have to get our asses in their and grace everyone's lives." She laughs and we both get out of her car "Kidding, but not really." She mutters to herself but I hear it and laugh.

Right when we're at the door I take a deep breath and... Walk in the building. Just kidding.

"I can't do this." I turn away from the school, but don't get far because Rae pulls my shirt, bringing me with it.

"Yes you can." Then she pushes me through the school doors.

I almost tripped and fell on my face.

I start to walk down the hallway and people are staring at me. They probably saw me almost trip and fall.

I get farther and farther away from the school entrance and way past all the kids who could've saw me almost trip. People are still staring so I look behind me and there's no toilet paper trailing behind me.

Why would there be toilet paper on my foot, I haven't used the bathroom since I got up and Rae would be said something if there was. I laugh to myself.

When I get to my locker I laugh and roll my eyes because this isn't a high school movie, I'm pretty sure the dicks at this school have better things to do then stare.

I grab all the books out of my locker beginning to put them in my bag but pause when I hear Rae yell.

"I'm gonna fucking kill a bitch!" I hear her tell. My head snaps so fast towards her.

Her face and ears are tomato red and she has the most pissed off face I've ever seen on her.

I pause what I was doing and walk up to her, everyone still staring but at the both of us.

She holds up a piece of paper in front of my face and once my eyes focus, I'm pissed.

On the paper, there's a pic of me and Jeremy kissing then a pic of me and Kesten kissing yesterday in the classroom next to it. Under the photos it reads 'Two timing whore or just plain slut?'

"Who the hell did this?!" Rae yells which scares me and hurts my ears but I'm too angry to care.

A short brown haired dude comes up to us "I don't want to be punched, but I saw Hannah put these around the school, I couldn't see the other person she was with but she kept smirking at them." He tells us in one breath. I would've been impressed if this was a different situation.

"This bitch is looking for trouble I fucking swear!" She says to herself then storms off walking really fast towards where Sabrina is.

I follow behind her cracking my knuckles, a habit I do when I'm pissed.

Right when we get up to her, Rae punches her in her face. She goes to got hit her again but I pull her back.

"What the fuck did you do that for!" Sabrina screeches at Rae.

"What the fuck is your problem?!"

"My problem!? She just punched me!" I clutch the paper in my hand slightly balling it up.

She sees me do this and has the nerve to smirk at me "Oh."

"Oh my fucking ass! What is your problem? Oh wait that's right, your a psycho bitch who doesn't seem to get the fucking message!" I scream in her face.

"I'm not psycho! And your the bitch who decided to be a slut and steal people's boyfriends." People do 'oohs' at this and I notice we have a crowd around us.

I laugh, but a sarcastic one " God you really are stupid. You guys broke up way before we became friends so therefore he wasn't and isn't your boyfriend anymore! Get over your self!"

"Also I don't know why you started to jump all over me when we became friends. I told you nothing was going on between us and your stupid bitch ass didn't believe me because that's how paranoid you are! It's not my fault he realized it was a mistake to date you and that he finally came to his senses and broke up wi-" I don't get to finish my sentence because before I know it her hand is slapping me in the face.

I go to punch her in her face but I'm suddenly pulled back by two strong, tan arms. Kesten is holding Sabrina back and I look behind me to see Jeremy.

"God! You are such a bitch! Sabrina yells at me struggling in Kesten's arms.

My eye catches his, he smiles, and my stomach flutters a little before I come back to reality.

"I'm the bitch? I'm not the one who put pics of my personal business all over the school!" I shout.

Jeremy's arms loosen a little and Kesten looks at Sabrina with wide eyes. Guess they didnt see the flyers.

"You know for a girl trying to get their ex back... trying to humiliate or embarrass or whatever you were trying to do to the girl he likes is not gonna help!" I say a little calmer... key word little. I relax in Jeremy's arms and give up on trying to get at her.

Her face saddens a little bit but I don't feel bad. I look over to Rae who's been surpringly quiet this whole time is giving me two thumbs up and smirking.

I shrug Jeremy's arms off me and he actually lets go when I do. I pull down the blazer I'm wearing today because it got pulled up while I was struggling to get out of Jeremy's arms.

" I need to talk to the both of you." I direct my eyes to Kesten and Jeremy.

Kesten nods his head and goes to talk to Sabrina.

Jeremy leads me to an empty classroom. If you're wonderingwhen, when the guys pulled us back the crowd left. Also teachers don't care what goes on in our hallways so that's why no teachers came to yell at us.

"I know you have feelings for him and I know you slept with me the other day to distract yourself from him." Is the first thing I hear when I close the door. I face the door for a few more seconds then turn around with a guilty look.

"Remember when you slapped me because of me being a dick?"

"Yeah" I look down.

"I lied" That made me look up. "I didn't just use you for pleasure, I actually have feelings for you. I mean it really wasn't and isn't hard to fall for you."

"I'm sorry I'm a horrible person... I don't regret anything I did with you."

"I know," He smiles sadly "I know your scared but tell Kesten how you feel. You can't deny that you like him, everyone can see the way he stares at you but I'm the only one who sees your face light up when he's near you. If that's not showing you like him then I don't know what is."

I go to hug him which surprises him because he doesn't respond for a few seconds but never less he still hugs me back. "You will find someone. I'm sorry you caught feelings with me, I really do feel bad for being the worst person to you. You are a great friend and I don't want this to ruin our friendship or whatever you want to call it."

He laughs "It won't, best believe Imma annoy the shit out of you and Kesten until we graduate." He smiles.

We say quick goodbyes. Now I'm running to find Kesten.

------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you guys want Kesten's POV when he's talking to Sabrina. If I get at least 1 comment then that will be the next chapter of not then I'll just continue with the next Alesten chapter. Also thanks for reading my book I'm proud of it and it's appreciated :)

XoXo, Tatumn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 14.2K 54
At first It was just for the money. Being kicked out at 18 for being gay and having no place to go was gonna seem like a hard life until Alexa receiv...
162 38 10
My journey through life, though seemingly effortless, is far from it. As an eighteen-year-old heiress of not one, but two crazy rich families, the we...
128K 2.5K 30
(warning this is my first book and I have not edited it at all and I know there are many spelling and gramma mistakes) Alexa Rodríguez is not your a...
293 30 23
(If you haven't read the first book, stop here! Don't spoil yourself, the first book is also on my profile) The death of a friend can break a person...