Free Spirit | Stiles x OC | T...

Da randomfandomimagine

Catori Hudson just arrived to Beacon Hills and accidentally finds herself mixed in the pack's business. Even... Altro

Prologue: A Dream?
Chapter 1: Beacon Hills
Chapter 2: I Don't Like You
Chapter 3: Fitting In
Chapter 4: A Mystery
Chapter 5: Triquetra
Chapter 6: Bad Feeling
Chapter 7: Strange Things
Chapter 8: The Plan
Chapter 9: Regret
Chapter 10: Deja Vu
Chapter 11: Stability
Chapter 12: U.S.T
Chapter 13: Missing
Chapter 14: Nemeton
Chapter 16: Puzzle
Chapter 17: Memories
Chapter 18: Vanessa
Chapter 19: Clueless
Chapter 20: Fed Up
Chapter 21: Answers
Chapter 22: Moon
Chapter 23: Super Catori
Chapter 24: The Ritual
Chapter 25: The End
Epilogue: Forget It

Chapter 15: Safe

752 19 8
Da randomfandomimagine

Exhaustion was the only thing she could feel. Everything else was overshadowed by how every inch and fiber of her body felt numb and tired to the point that she didn't have the strength to even move yet hardly breathe.

However, something made her move her head. Even if all she wanted to do was give up and go to sleep for a very long time, something kept tapping her and it was annoying.

Bothered by the constant tapping on her cheeks, Catori groaned in disgust. She moved her head around, trying to get it to stop or at least get away from whatever was trying to disturb her rest.

But it didn't stop, in fact it became more urgent and continuous. Suddenly a voice arrived to her ears, even though it felt distant as though it was miles away.

Very slowly managing to open her eyes, Catori woke up. All she could see was a confusing blur before her eyes. Something warm and of a caramel brown color caught her attention, it felt alive but it looked sad.

The voice slowly sounded closer and her eyesight clearer.

Someone wouldn't stop patting her cheeks as they called for her and begged her to wake up.

She finally realized those warm caramel colored orbs were eyes. Which she recognized immediately.

Stiles.

Catori inhaled a sharp breath when she felt like she was suffocating. Like she had woken up from the most realistic and profound nightmare that threatened to hold her prisoner forever.

"Hey, hey" Stiles' soft but worried voice was reassuring to her, just because he was actually there with her. "Cat, it's okay! It's me, Stiles!"

The girl frowned as she tried to hold back the tears that had already formed in her eyes. Even if a sob broke out, coming from the depths of her throat.

"Stiles" Catori sobbed again, now somewhat happily and relieved. "Are you real? Are you actually here?"

"I'm here" He nodded, his shaky hands still in her face because of the urgent need to feel her physical touch. "I'm real, we came for you"

"You came to save me" She closed her eyes and sighed shakily. "I knew you'd come"

"Oh, Cat..." Stiles sighed too, feeling like everything was finally okay. Because she was right there, and she was alive.

An immense relief like he had never felt before flooded through him as he saw her opening her eyes again. So much so that he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around her. Not even thinking what he was doing, Stiles sat her up and hugged her so tight that she gasped for air.

He broke away, staring into her beautiful green eyes and being overcome by a diverse mixture of emotions. Shock, delight, relief, nervousness, fondness and awkwardness.

Catori just stared back, blankly, not reacting in any other way.

"Why aren't you slapping me right now?" The boy was genuine when he asked that question, because he was positive that it would be a reflex for Catori.

Even in that situation, even if he had arrived to save her, even if she wouldn't do it on purpose. From what he knew of her, which was quite a lot, he presumed that would be her first instinct as a reaction to his genuine and impulsive hug.

"I can't move" Catori had the distress written all over her face, since she just realized of her state, but at least she seemed to be unharmed.

"Why can't you move?" The girl noticed the absolute panicked expression on his face as well and felt like hers had to be looking very similar.

"I don't know, they've being doing something to me... I have barely been able to move ever since they got me" Catori was confused, feeling her mind fuzzy and her body numb even if it was beginning to twitch at last. "They... they were... I don't know..."

Stiles felt frustrated at her helplessness, not knowing what to do to help. Even if it was a rare and strange sight.

"Scott!!!" He just called his friend, figuring a true alpha werewolf would know more about it.

Where was he, anyway? He had called him a while ago! He needed him there!

In a second, the boy had arrived there running fast as lightning. At last.

"Is she okay?" Scott's eyes darted from one to the other in concern.

"I guess... but she can't move" Stiles tried to pick her up but wasn't really strong enough.

"Why?" Scott made sure no one was around.

"I don't-" Stiles interrupted himself when it hit him. "They probably used Kanima venom!"

"That would make sense"

"A little help here?"

Scott got the hint and went to carry her himself, easily sweeping her up in his arms himself.

As his friend did, all Stiles could do was look at her and think how glad he was she was alive and well. Nothing else was on his mind. And he knew Scott felt the same comfort after finding her.

Scott carried her away from there, closely followed by the other boy. Suddenly, the first one stopped dead in his tracks and whipped his head to look at Stiles.

"Stiles, take her" Scott urgently commanded sternly.

"What? Why? I don't know if I can..." Stiles clumsily fidgeted around as he tried to pick her up from Scott's arms. "Scott, I'm not strong like you!"

"Just do it!" His friend rushed him, staring with eyes flashing red. "They're coming!"

"Who?!" Stiles exclaimed nervously, feeling too tensed up. "Who are these people?!"

"They're coming?" Catori grizzled in pure terror. "Oh, God, no! Not again!"

The two boys observed her in concern, later sharing a glance that obviously swore them for doing that to their friend.

"It's gonna be okay, Cat" Stiles tried to comfort her. "They won't touch you again, alright? We'll protect you"

"Take her out of here!

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine, just leave!"

"No! I'm not leaving you behind!"

"Scott!! Don't, they'll hurt you! They-"

"Just. Go!!" Scott insisted, using his wolf howl to reinforce his fierce statement.

The boy sighed and scooped Catori up in his arms, grunting because of the effort.

"Stiles, we can't leave-" She started to say as she resigned herself to let him carry her.

"I know" He nodded gravely, still taking her away from there.

He hated to leave his best friend alone in the face of danger. That was why he wasn't. But he needed to take Catori to the safety of the Jeep first.

Even if she was shaking in fear and softly sobbing, the girl kept lowly calling for Scott. Even when they had reached the Jeep, she still insisted.

"Stiles, leave me and get Scott, please" Her eyes locked with him. "If something happens to him because of me..."

"Cat, shut up for once" Stiles carefully sat her up in the seat and soon noticed a red head pop out from the back.

"Catori!" Lydia let out a huge sigh of relief. "Are you okay?"

"Lydia" The girl smiled and hugged her friend, happy to see her again.

Luckily, she was slowly recovering her arm movement. Even if it was slow and sloppy.

Stiles sat in the driver's seat again and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel anxiously. His eyes were fixed on the place where Scott had to appear from any second now.

"Where's Scott?" Lydia worried when she realized he wasn't with them.

"Still in there" The boy didn't take his eyes away from that spot, ready to dart in that direction if his best friend didn't appear in less than ten seconds.

"I'm going to help him" Lydia jumped out of the Jeep and ran to where she had seen Stiles come with Catori from.

"No, Lydia" Stiles opened the door and went after her, terrified out of his mind. "Lydia!"

When he was about to exit the vehicle, however, something clutched at his arm. He looked over his shoulder and saw Catori hugging him from the side.

"Stiles, don't leave" She begged him, looking up to him with pleading eyes that were so out of place in her usual expression. "Please, not you too"

She hated that Scott was in there. And that Lydia went after him.

If she felt just a hint of bravery she would have let Stiles go. Catori would have even accompanied him to help their friends. But at that moment a crippling feeling of fear and anxiety engulfed her and the thought of being alone caused an irrational fear in her, one that made her queasy and shaky.

Stiles noticed all of that, because he knew Catori. And he knew it was very rare to see her so vulnerable, so scared out of her mind. He didn't want to think about what she went through in there, how long each second must have felt and how torturous until they finally arrived.

"I'll stay" The boy agreed in spite of himself, trying not to think about their friends. "It's okay, Cat, I'm here"

The girl sighed, feeling safer already, and still held on to him for comfort.

Stiles resolved to just allow her and even pass an arm around her, desperate to try to reassure her. To make her feel better.

Catori was shaking like a leaf, and she lingered on the touch. Her head was buried in his chest as she did her best to breathe and calm down.

Stiles just prayed for Scott and Lydia. He needed to know they were okay, but what comforted him was the fact that his best friend was strong. A werewolf.

A true alpha.

*

The Jeep was so silent, Stiles couldn't remember the last time the situation was as tense.

Scott was in the back with Catori, holding her hand and taking her pain away. He held her in his arms, and the embrace of her friend brought great comfort to the poor Catori.

In fact, she was so quiet and still that they thought she may be sleeping. She had to be exhausted for sure, and when she finally knew she was safe she relaxed after so much time of being tense and scared.

Lydia sat in the copilot seat as Stiles drove the car, and they threw glances at the other every once in a while.

After Lydia and Scott ran back to the Jeep, there was barely any exchange of words. Just frenetic shouting that evolved into silence as Stiles started the engine and drove off at full speed.

"I think she's actually sleeping" Scott whispered, still holding on to her protectively. "It didn't take long after her pain was gone and she felt safe enough"

They were almost at the city center, which meant that they were far away from the Nemeton now.

Both Stiles and Lydia watched the werewolf in the rear view mirror, and the two of them noticed him shaking his hands to get rid of Catori's pain away from himself. But none of them said anything.

"What the hell happened in there?" Stiles dared to ask, even though he kept his voice low not to wake Catori.

"I don't know" Scott admitted in defeat. "She's probably the only one that knows"

"I don't think she'll want to talk about it, though" Lydia frowned as she turned around slightly to glance at her friend's face.

Even though she was frowning a little, Catori was still resting.

"And who was in there?" Stilinski insisted, having the unstoppable urge to know more about the situation.

"I didn't get to see anything" The redhead told him, directing her green eyes to him. "When I came in, Scott was already running my direction"

She remembered how heavily his cheek was bleeding, in the shape of a scratch that looked a lot like a werewolf's. But that could have been from any similar creature.

The wound in Scott's face now looked almost completely healed. Barely even a scar left.

"I fought something" He frowned and shook his head. "Some of them were werewolves, but I don't even know what the other creature were"

"It was more than one, then?"

"That's right"

"Any idea what they did to her?" Stiles frowned as he briefly glanced through the rear view mirror. "And who took her?"

"Not really..." He could see the anger and determination in Scott's eyes, and he knew Catori's captors had messed up with the wrong pack. "But this isn't over yet"

"We need to tell Derek everything" Lydia sighed and tightly pressed her lips together. "But he's not gonna be happy about us going on our own"

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him" Scott reassured her. "For now we have to take care of Catori"

"Should I take her home?" Stiles changed the subject when his stomach rumbled in concern thinking about all that.

"I don't think she would want that" Lydia shook her head, biting her bottom lip.

"She should stay with you, Stiles" Scott agreed, wrapping his arms around her to coat her even more than before.

"What?!"

Catori stirred, so his friends shushed him while they made sure Stiles hadn't woken her. Luckily, he didn't.

"At my place?" He whispered now, still outraged, however.

"Yes, but you have to drop us at Derek's first"

"I can't have her in my place! Besides, my dad's there and..."

Truth was Stiles couldn't bear the thought of seeing her so scared and vulnerable because it broke his heart. But they didn't have to know that.

"You have to"

"Oh my God" He budged after all, rolling his eyes still. "Fine!"

Scott grinned, amused and satisfied.

"Don't worry, I'll come back when we're done with Derek" He looked down to Catori. "I want to make sure she's safe"

"Yeah, I'll tell my dad to keep an eye around as well"

"I'll go visit her tomorrow"

None of the members of the pack would allow any harm to come to Catori ever again.

*

Not sure whether the effect of the venom had completely passed or not, Stiles decided to pick Catori up again despite her being awake already. She woke up before he even pulled over.

Once they were back in the safety of a home, of Stiles' bedroom, he gently put her in the bed and unwrapped his arms from her.

But Catori still held on to him tightly, her face buried in his shoulder.

It felt as if she clutched to the boy and was determined to never let go. And he knew it was the fear which caused that behavior. He knew Catori. She wasn't a coward, she was brave and independent. A free spirit. Badass even.

But what she had gone through lately, especially being held captive by the bad guys like that... it would scar anyone. And she was too proud to show such vulnerability unless she absolutely couldn't hide it anymore.

"Catori..." Seeing as she still wouldn't let go of him, Stiles sat next to her and allowed her to take refuge in his arms as he hugged her against his chest. "It's okay"

"I thought I would die..." She sobbed, and he noticed Catori was shaking like a leaf. "That they would come back for me any moment to kill me"

The girl gulped down heavily, snuggling closer to him as she closed her eyes tight.

"Hey..." Stiles softly told her, as sweetly as he could in order to comfort her. "You're okay now, you're safe in here"

He felt a heavy void in his chest knowing she was having such a hard time, knowing that she felt frightened beyond repair, that she would never forget what she went through, and that she was so vulnerable and helpless unlike her usual self.

And he definitely had to do everything in his power to change that.

Stiles needed to make her see that she had nothing to be afraid of anymore. Because he was there with her and there was no way he would let anyone hurt her ever again. Not him, not Scott, not anyone of the pack. They would all protect her.

Catori slightly turned her torso to be completely facing him instead of being cuddled with her side resting against him. Then she shoved her face on his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

At that moment, she didn't care that their relationship was complicated. She didn't care that she would appear weak. And she definitely didn't care about anything anymore.

But the girl felt like Stiles was the only thing keeping her from going insane, from giving into her fears and torturous memories, and she needed someone. And he happened to be there.

Yet Stiles had no problem with her embrace. In fact, it made him feel better because he knew it was the best way he could help her at the moment.

"It's alright, Catori" The boy gently put his arms around her and squeezed her fondly in an attempt to let her know he was there for her. "It's alright"

Restless, the girl lowered her arms again and held onto his shirt tightly, unable to fight a sob. He frowned worriedly and in disbelief when he heard the strangled sound that came from her.

"Are you...?" But before he could finish his sentence, Catori started to cry, answering him silently.

She needed to let it out, to release all that tension and terror she had been experiencing.

"Calm down, Cat" Squeezing her extra tightly, he tenderly rubbed her back. "I told you, it's gonna be fine"

If she had refused to talk before, that was not the moment to start doing it either.

She didn't want to tell him she was afraid even if she was supposed to be safe. She didn't want to tell him she felt like she would never feel safe again even if she did.

So Catori resigned herself to cry on his shoulder, to finally be able to get rid of that tight cold claw that clutched her heart and made it impossible to breathe, to relax.

Stiles, on his part, held her as close and tight as he could. He placed a hand on her head and allowed her to cry on his shoulder.

All he wanted was to see her smile again, to make her happy. Make her laugh. But it was no time for jokes. He had to comfort her first.

"Look, Scott's keeping an eye on you, and so is my dad. They're constantly making sure no one gets anywhere near you..." He began to say, wishing to comfort her completely. "But if you want me to, I'll pick up my bat and stay awake all freaking night, guarding every single entrance to this house if that will make you feel better"

The boy kindly rubbed her arm, reassuringly.

In spite of herself, Catori smiled a little, even if he didn't get to see it.

Feeling like she had shed all her tears and was now slightly more at ease, she heaved a big relaxed sigh. But it wasn't that which helped her feel better. It was Stiles' soothing touch.

And not because of the actual physical contact, but thanks to what she felt. Usually, Stiles' aura was filled with restlessness due to his hyperactive nature.

But that time it sent her tranquil vibes, his concern for her reminded Catori of his actual kindness and managed to calm her. It was just cathartic and comforting as well as calming.

"There you go" Kindly, he patted her back, still not letting go of her.

"I'm sorry" Once recovered her dignity after her breakdown, she felt the need to apologize.

Stiles couldn't help but to chuckle, in disbelief that she was actually saying those words. But it was a glimpse at the true Catori. He thought of it as slight progress.

"You're unbelievable" The boy just uttered, shaking his head a little in amused exasperation.

Not up to sass him back or roll her eyes, she accommodated against him, nuzzling her nose on his shirt. Despite it all, she was too comfortable to move away. And she felt safe and protected.

Stiles smiled to himself when she did, surprised yet pleased that she sought comfort in him. Unable to hold his urge to squeeze her tight, he did, happy to know she also enjoyed it.

"Stiles?"

"Yeah"

"I can't breathe"

"Oh, sorry!" He immediately let her go and placed his hands on her shoulders as he gave her an apologetic look. "You're right, I just... sorry..."

The girl stared at him in a funny way, wondering what was going through his mind.

"If I didn't know you, I'd say you care about me.... That hug..."

"No..." He huffed, offended, not really wanting to admit he had been sick worried to know she was in such trouble and immensely relieved once she was okay and safe.

Catori smirked to herself as she observed him. It was amazing how he made her feel better without even trying, and how much Stiles helped her without realizing.

It made her feel more at ease to know Stiles made sure she was safe. That he didn't see her differently after the incident. Despite how terrified she had been, he continued to be fond of her and he might even admire her for everything.

Unlike she used to think, being vulnerable didn't mean being weak.

For some reason, it made her drop her guard. It helped her to give into her feelings and actually show them for a change.

She would have never believed Stiles would be the one to achieve it, but he was. Not Scott, not even Lydia. It was Stiles.

"If you were in the mood for some touchy emotional stuff, you could just have kissed me" It was amazing, even to herself, that she wanted to tease him at that moment. But she did.

Or maybe she just wanted to kiss him and see what happened.

But a moment ago she had been so terrified that she wouldn't stop crying, yet Catori found herself comfortable despite her lingering restlessness. Maybe it was just a desperate attempt to keep her mind off it, but she gladly teased him.

Stiles chuckled and shook his head, with a grin plastered on his enticing lips.

"I guess humor is a sign of improvement"

With a very eloquent glare, Catori just lifted her eyebrows and stared.

"You're actually serious!" His jaw dropped in shock as he gaped at the air, trying to find some words to say. "Wha-What?! Are you out of your mind, Catori?! I'm not going to... What? No!"

The girl laughed a little at his response and suddenly what Lydia kept saying about them made a little more sense.

"You're scared of me, aren't you?"

"No I'm not scared of you" Stiles made a pause to lick his lips while he stared defiantly at her. "I'm intimidated by you, there's a difference!"

"Just do it..." Catori didn't understand why she wanted him to do it so badly, but her excuse definitely was the amusement it brought her. Plus, she wanted to show him she wasn't a ferocious cat but that she could be a calm cute kitten too.

"You always need to have the last word, huh?"

"Just do it, Stiles!"

The boy took a deep breath and leaned closer in a rush, having the urge not only to taste her lips but to also show some courage and keep her from teasing him too.

Their lips met and the warmth of their mouths relaxed the both of them. It almost rid them from the stress and apprehension from the past days, it was cathartic.

It felt calming, sweet, passionate. Perfect.

Catori held onto Stiles' shirt, slightly pulling at it to bring him closer. He placed a hand on her nape in an urgent desire to have her impossibly close as well. Even if they were already resting over each other.

They only opened their eyes when they realized they had closed them. As the pair broke apart they took a few seconds to look into each other's eyes, bedazzled by their beauty.

"See?" Catori piped up, slightly backing away when she felt herself blushing. "I didn't kill you, did I?"

"No..." Stiles breathed out and gulped. "You didn't"

Filled with warmth and a pleasant feeling she couldn't really understand, Catori smiled.

"You nerd..." It felt like a long time since she last smiled, so when she did it felt exhilarating for the both of them.

That smile ended up in his lips as well. He just averted his eyes, feeling silly and great.

"Thank you" Once again, she broke the silence.

"For what?" Stiles glanced back at her with a mild frown.

"For saving me? I don't know..." She hesitated, fearing to actually put it into words or say it out loud. "Just... thank you"

With a chuckle, he kept on talking.

"You know, this may not be the best time to say it, but..." He mumbled, biting his lip in apprehension in case what he was about to say upset her. "I told you so"

Chuckling, Catori pushed him away almost making him fall off the bed and harshly stared at him. However, there was a tiny grin etched on her lips.

"Shut up, Stilinski"

Stiles was right, he had warned her and had wanted to protect her. He tried to keep her out of it to keep her safe. But she didn't listen.

Still, Catori was aware of the fact that he just said it to make her laugh. And it worked.

He stared at her, warm inside at the sight of her beautiful smile.

Her eyes were still watering, red and puffy from crying. And her hands were visibly shaking. But she was smiling.

"Now, if you will listen to me this time and try to go to sleep, that'd be lovely" Stiles began to stand up, but she quickly held his hand to stop him.

"Where are you going?" Catori urged him, not ready to let him go so easily.

"Just going to get some blankets" He sniggered. "They're in the closet"

Embarrassed, she got off him and allowed him to get them.

"Oh, okay"

She thought she would never be able to sleep for more than one reason, but as soon as the warm blankets were on her and she felt the bed sinking when Stiles sat on it, Catori fell to slumber.

Stiles watched her fondly, but his expression soon shifted.

As she lied on her side and the curtain of dark hair revealed her nape, he saw it. He knew he had felt a wound on her neck when he kissed her, but wasn't surprised taking in consideration how they had hurt her.

However, that wound in her neck was nothing ordinary. It had a very particular shape that he knew very well.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

226 7 6
Teen Wolf x Riverdale. Stiles Stilinski explores the world of the supernatural while discovering she has a certain affinity for magic. When her fathe...
357K 12.2K 40
Jenna Felmore has had way more life altering experiences than she ever expected moving to the little town of Beacon Hills. Now life is even more com...
10.4K 353 62
Callie Jacksons is on her way to Beacon Hills when Scott McCall found her close to death in an alley in her old town. Scott couldn't allow her to die...
504 12 29
What if the whole story line for 'Teen Wolf' never happened. Scott was never bitten and everything that has happened, didn't. Mylia has just recently...